PDA

View Full Version : Mavs = First Round Exit

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Doesn't matter who they play, they're going out in 5 or 6.

We're in the home stretch, every team is amping up the intensity, and Dallas can't handle the pressure. Per the usual.

Any Dallasfan cheerleader who wants to say otherwise, show me one shred of proof from tonight's game that proves Dallas has what it takes to win when the other team amps up the intensity.

Allanon
03-26-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm a fucking coward that runs when I lose a bet

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4110682&postcount=82

Allanon- There's a date and time on it if I edited it now. I can specifically find the post where I said he was a "role player" FIRST.

You take the bet or not you pussy shit?

Mono - Ok I take that bet.

Allanon - I showed you where "role player" was. I won.

Change your sig to "I'm Allanon's bitch", Mono. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2010, 12:12 AM
I always felt the Mavs were becoming a little overrated after the hoopla of the Butler/Haywood trade, but in fairness to you guys, no one else out West besides Utah and maybe Phoenix are playing that great.

#2 is wide open

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:13 AM
And I know all the Dirk knobslobbers will scoff at this, but this is just more damning evidence that Dirk is NOT A LEADER and the team won't ever change their ways until he retires.

They try to change the attitude of the team by adding Kidd, then Caron & Haywood. It appeared like the Caron trade did the trick, but as we've seen, the new guys have conformed to the unagressive limp dick style of Mavs basketball instead of continuing with the hard nosed play they used to exhibit.

I love Dirk, he's a great player, HE'S NOT A LEADER.

Rogue
03-26-2010, 12:16 AM
hey mono, wasn't it because of Marion's sucking works during the crunch minutes that Mavs got broomthrashed as the whistle blew? remember what you said about Marion and shut up, you dumb trudging faggot.

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:17 AM
hey mono, wasn't it because of Marion's sucking works during the crunch minutes that Mavs got broomthrashed as the whistle blew? remember what you said about Marion and shut up, you dumb trudging faggot.

Last I checked, Shawn Marion wasn't letting routine passes slip out of his hands out of bounds, he wasn't taking retarded shots 5 feet behind the 3 point line, he wasn't turning it over left and right, and he wasn't airballing 3 pointers.

Ghazi
03-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Mavs=First Round Exit.

I'll take that bet :smokin

ElNono
03-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Mono, you're overreacting. You know Rick will hand the leader role to JJ Barea in the playoffs and problem solved!

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:22 AM
I'll take that bet :smokin

If the Mavs go past the 1st round I won't post for the rest of the postseason and I will put "I'm Ghazi's bitch" in my sig.

If the Mavs lose in the 1st round, you post a video on youtube wearing nothing but an adult diaper and reading a manifesto that I will provide for you at the appropriate time.

Do you agree to the rules of this wager? Let's make sure we both understand this so that there's no Allanon-esque welching.

Shank
03-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Why did our new black guys stop playing like black guys?

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:23 AM
Why did our new black guys stop playing like black guys?

Poisoned by Maverickitis.

Fpoonsie
03-26-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm confused. Did mono forget to stick a pink elephant after his OP?

peteee
03-26-2010, 12:27 AM
If the Mavs go past the 1st round I won't post for the rest of the postseason and I will put "I'm Ghazi's bitch" in my sig.

If the Mavs lose in the 1st round, you post a video on youtube wearing nothing but an adult diaper and reading a manifesto that I will provide for you at the appropriate time.

Do you agree to the rules of this wager? Let's make sure we both understand this so that there's no Allanon-esque welching.
why not something about crusade instead? that gives more pain to his arabic heart IMO.

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:28 AM
why not something about crusade instead? that gives more pain to his arabic heart IMO.

:lol

Okay Ghazi, you can choose. either nothing but a diaper, or be fully clothed but wearing a turban.

Ghazi
03-26-2010, 12:28 AM
c-webb takin shots

redzero
03-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Dallas will never be a defensive team.

badfish22
03-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Rick is a dumbfuck. We have no offensive movement. No real plays. All our points are scored because of Kidd finding someone or a Dirk iso.

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2010, 12:30 AM

Arabs/Persians..

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:31 AM
c-webb takin shots

He would recognize soft choking.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Ghazi needs to take that bet.

badfish22
03-26-2010, 12:32 AM
I would take it too. Mono is overreacting a bit imho.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Mono is just making the angry, over the top post-game rant he's supposed to make, no surprises here...

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
You're all free to show me one shred of evidence to make a case that the Mavs have what it takes. Just one thing tonight that proves it.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:34 AM
I would take it too. Mono is overreacting a bit imho.

I have a hard time seeing the Blazers succeed in the playoffs when their whole offense is mid-range jumpshots and they won't have HCA in any round. Dallas is a good road team.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:34 AM
You're all free to show me one shred of evidence to make a case that the Mavs have what it takes. Just one thing tonight that proves it.

Have what it takes to do what? Win a series?

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Find one thing from tonight's game that says "when playoff intensity strikes, the Mavericks rise to the occasion".

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Was it when Caron let a soft, easy pass go right through his hands out of bounds?

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Was it Brendan Haywood being out of place on defense all night and missing everything around the basket?

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Was it Jason Terry thinking a 30 footer is a quality shot?

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Find one thing from tonight's game that says "when playoff intensity strikes, the Mavericks rise to the occasion".

Dirk will shoot 5-13 every game in the playoffs.

monosylab1k
Was it Jason Kidd letting Andre Miller do the exact same fucking thing over and over and over and over?

monosylab1k

He did it in 07.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:38 AM
He did it in 07.

He didn't against New Orleans/San Antonio/Denver.

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Was it when Dirk decided letting his man go backdoor for an easy layup and doing nothing about it was a good idea? Was it the second or third or fourth time he did that?

Rogue
03-26-2010, 12:39 AM
anyone bother to transform Ghazi's youtube video into gifs and post here? I can't find any alternative means to quench my desire to see how Ghazi looked in an arabic turban.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:40 AM
IMO the thing Mavs fans should be most upset from tonight about is Barea 13 minutes and Roddy 48 seconds.

Dirk sucked ass tonight and when that happens they'll have their hands full with the Nets.

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:40 AM
I'd like to know what the Mavs did tonight that proves they can rise to the occasion in the playoffs.

Rogue
03-26-2010, 12:41 AM
what did Ghazi say in his viedo? btw

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:42 AM
I'd like to know what the Mavs did tonight that proves they can rise to the occasion in the playoffs.

Were you making these threads when they beat the Lakers, outlasted the Hawks, beat the Magic in Orlando, beat a very good home team (Bobcats) in their fourth game in five nights? Calm down.

Ghazi
03-26-2010, 12:45 AM
I would take the Mavs over the Blazers in 7 still (with home court).. Mavs didnt even play that poorly tonight, difference in game was 16-0 in fast break points. Refs were horrible... Dirk was too passive. These are my thoughts on tonights game. :cheer

monosylab1k
Were you making these threads when they beat the Lakers, outlasted the Hawks, beat the Magic in Orlando, beat a very good home team (Bobcats) in their fourth game in five nights? Calm down.

All those games, Dallas was in the 3/4 seed and weren't in a dogfight for the 2 seed. As soon as they got the 2 seed and realized they would have to work their ass off to keep it, they predictably lost the stomach for the fight.

Findog
All those games, Dallas was in the 3/4 seed and weren't in a dogfight for the 2 seed. As soon as they got the 2 seed and realized they would have to work their ass off to keep it, they predictably lost the stomach for the fight.

Ok

monosylab1k
03-26-2010, 12:46 AM
Ok

Great job proving otherwise :tu

redzero
03-26-2010, 12:47 AM
He didn't against New Orleans/San Antonio/Denver.

Dallas lost two of those series though.

I wouldn't be worrying about Dirk if I was a Mavericks fan. He can put up 35 a game on great shooting and his team could still lose. You better hope that Terry and Marion show up for the playoffs.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Great job proving otherwise :tu

Great job getting your period over one game. :tu

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Dallas lost two of those series though.

I wouldn't be worrying about Dirk if I was a Mavericks fan. He can put up 35 a game on great shooting and his team could still lose. You better hope that Terry and Marion show up for the playoffs.

My only point is that he sucked tonight, but that is usually not the case. If Dirk plays poorly, they'll have trouble beating the dregs of the league. If Dirk shoots 5-13 in a road game in Portland, they are probably not going to win.

peteee
03-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Mavs are built to counter certain teams like Spurs and Lakers but easily curbstomped once they allowed an alley for their opponents to sneak into their backyard. Magic/Hawks/Bobcats are all Easter teams who aren't going to confront Mavs unless the Mavs survive to the Finals, something not likely to be done by Mavs this season.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Mavs are built to counter certain teams like Spurs and Lakers but easily curbstomped once they allowed an alley for their opponents to sneak into their backyard. Magic/Hawks/Bobcats are all Easter teams who aren't going to confront Mavs unless the Mavs survive to the Finals, something not likely to be done by Mavs this season.

Good teams get up against other elite teams. The Bobcats have never beaten the Mavs, you're telling me that they sleepwalked through that game?

Ghazi
03-26-2010, 12:55 AM
sup rogue

peteee
03-26-2010, 12:56 AM
I would take the Mavs over the Blazers in 7 still (with home court).. Mavs didnt even play that poorly tonight, difference in game was 16-0 in fast break points. Refs were horrible... Dirk was too passive. These are my thoughts on tonights game. :cheer
I can't find any advantage except the home court advantage, which is the only chip for Mavs. I mean if the Mavs conceded one game at home they would be done and had better release their raddled players to holiday sooner than later.

oh crap
03-26-2010, 01:00 AM
lol fast break points
lol portland injuries
lol dirk

peteee
03-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Good teams get up against other elite teams. The Bobcats have never beaten the Mavs, you're telling me that they sleepwalked through that game?
then why did you use the Bobcats as a pale crumb of evidence to support your dated proposition that Mavs are still among the range of elites? Mavs are probably better assembled to deal with some teams they originally treated as rivals, like Magic/Hawks etc., but fortunately they are probably going to start their fishing season before they can match against their figurative rivals. I don't have a concern against Lakers because Mavs know them well and have paid considerable attention to them, and at the very least it wouldn't be too embarrassing even if they lost to Lakers. Whereas it's just some blue-collars that may surprise and thrash the Mavs come playoffs, in the forms of Thunder, Blazers and Suns.

FkLA
03-26-2010, 03:56 AM
the mavs are so fucking worthless, every time im actually cheering for them they never fail to dissapoint.

And I know all the Dirk knobslobbers will scoff at this, but this is just more damning evidence that Dirk is NOT A LEADER and the team won't ever change their ways until he retires.

They try to change the attitude of the team by adding Kidd, then Caron & Haywood. It appeared like the Caron trade did the trick, but as we've seen, the new guys have conformed to the unagressive limp dick style of Mavs basketball instead of continuing with the hard nosed play they used to exhibit.

I love Dirk, he's a great player, HE'S NOT A LEADER.

+1000000000000000

sribb43
03-26-2010, 07:45 AM
The mavs can't play D and they are still a jump shooting team and that doesn't translate to success in the playoffs. At best this team can get to the 2nd round but there aren't any first round matchups that I think the mavs are a lock to get out of.

Muser
03-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Damn Mav fans are as bi-polar as spur fans are after a loss.

sribb43
03-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Damn Mav fans are as bi-polar as spur fans are after a loss.

It's bc both teams are so damn incosistent, they mess with your mind. One day u think there good and the next day, they play like the shittiest team in the NBA

in2deep
03-26-2010, 09:24 AM
mavs only chance is to face Spurs in 1st round

mavsfan1000
03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
The only way the Mavs win first round is if they play the Spurs.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
The only way the Mavs win first round is if they play the Spurs.

or the Zombie Sonics, since they have no playoff experience, would be without HCA and Durant has historically been mortal against the Mavs. I also like our chances against Portland with HCA. Their backcourt will be tough but they don't have anybody to guard Dirk and he's not going to go 5-13 every game. The Mavs are a good road team for a reason, I'm pretty sure that they can get one at the Rose Garden. The Blazers are another team that relies on jump shots too much.

Dallas is not going to go far playing the way that they have recently (blown the fuck out by the Bricks, beat the Bulls, lost to the Celtics, beat down by the Hornets, beat the Clips, lose to the Blazers on the road), but they're also the same team that ran off impressive wins against the Lakers, Hawks, Magic and Bobcats.

Findog
03-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Biggest problems with this team is that the defense comes and goes, RC gives minutes to JJB over Barea, and just that with a veteran core over 30 you worry about them running out of gas in the playoffs.

clambake
03-26-2010, 12:29 PM
i've been hearing a rumor about some guy called "boo bwah".

is he real, or is it a bigfoot sort of thing?

lurker
03-26-2010, 12:56 PM
I wonder if coach won't play him because he's embarrassed that he can't pronounce his name.

mogrovejo
03-26-2010, 01:50 PM
It's called regression to the mean. It happens every season. It's been happening for decades. Teams whose Pythagorean W/L record is much better/worse than their actual W/L record are a rarity.

badfish22
03-26-2010, 02:05 PM
fuck Rick

mavsfan1000
03-26-2010, 02:11 PM
fuck Rick
No doubt about it. I blame him for everything with this team. He has lost them and his lack of rewarding players for doing well just because they lack experience.

Ghazi
03-26-2010, 02:12 PM
No doubt about it. I blame him for everything with this team. He has lost them and his lack of rewarding players for doing well just because they lack experience.

Proof?

mavsfan1000
03-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Proof?
It just happened last game with the Clippers. Beaubois changes the game and gets a DNP the next game.

Ghazi
03-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Just sayin... Carlisle has not "lost the team"... this team is a bunch of guys in their 30's trying to win their first ring motivation won't be an issue come playoff time.

I see that Barea might be a better backup 1 than Beaubois and there aren't many 2 guard minutes with Butler/JET... but I dont get why JET cant be the backup PG freeing up minutes for Beaubois at the 2 and eliminating Barea from the rotation.

badfish22
03-26-2010, 02:28 PM
"Roddy who?"
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/3382158671_30e2ffb038.jpg

stupid douche

Ghazi
03-26-2010, 02:29 PM
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2776

I thought this was an interesting way to try and explain the Mavs inconsistency defensively.

So pretty much teams with a good PG/PF combo will give Mavs defensive trouble... Blazers/Suns/Jazz... although I would feel confident playing the Suns/Blazers with home court

Nuggets/Thunder the Mavs would in theory look respectable defensively since their best player is a SF. Both have good PG's though but not exceptional at the 4.

Lakers weakness at PG masks one of the Mavs big defensive weaknesses.

Spurs would be a problem if Duncan finds fountain of youth and Parker was playing like he was last year... still think we'd take them.

mavsfan1000
03-26-2010, 02:34 PM

I thought this was an interesting way to try and explain the Mavs inconsistency defensively.

So pretty much teams with a good PG/PF combo will give Mavs defensive trouble... Blazers/Suns/Jazz... although I would feel confident playing the Suns/Blazers with home court

Nuggets/Thunder the Mavs would in theory look respectable defensively since their best player is a SF. Both have good PG's though but not exceptional at the 4.

Spurs would be a problem if Duncan finds fountain of youth and Parker was playing like he was last year... still think we'd take them.
Duncan is more of a Center than a Power Forward. Haywood and Dampier should do well. Yes we'll have problems with Parker and Ginobili.

nkdlunch
03-26-2010, 02:34 PM
mavfans gotta be the most insecure fanbase in the NBA

sribb43
03-26-2010, 02:35 PM
"Roddy who?"
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/3382158671_30e2ffb038.jpg

stupid douche

Fire his ass just for posing for that pic

DAF86
03-26-2010, 02:38 PM

And then you wonder why I don't think so highly about Nowitzki.

badfish22
03-26-2010, 02:42 PM
:cry

DAF86
03-26-2010, 02:53 PM
:drool:

You know, quoting 90% of my posts isn't a requirement to post on this board.

badfish22
03-26-2010, 02:57 PM
:cry :cry

Come_On_Now
03-26-2010, 03:46 PM
I wanna know why we refuse to run our offense through Butler or Dirk in late game situations. I could care less if their 0-30 as long as it isn't Barea getting stuffed or Terry / Kidd hoisting up a brick from the arc. Also there seems to be no offensive creativity whatsoever. No ball or player movement at all. No communication on the defensive end. Barea playing more than a perennial 15 ppg scorer who actually attacks the basket and finishes. What the hell does Carlisle say to those players in practice? I'm still fairly confident against any team come playoff time, but Carlisle needs to wise up real quick to the reality of the situation.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I love how so many Mav fans freaked out at me when I said they'd be out in the second round, and now low and behold, half of them agree with me.

I think the Mavs go down in round 2, but then again, who else is playing well outside of the Lakers? I can see the Mavs taking out Phoenix, and only Utah would be really tough.

The Nuggets without K-mart wouldn't be so hard anymore.

Findog
03-26-2010, 04:11 PM
And then you wonder why I don't think so highly about Nowitzki.

Are we supposed to care about what the mighty DAF86 thinks? The scout who has Manu rated higher on his board?

Findog
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Doesn't matter who they play, they're going out in 5 or 6.

We're in the home stretch, every team is amping up the intensity, and Dallas can't handle the pressure. Per the usual.

Any Dallasfan cheerleader who wants to say otherwise, show me one shred of proof from tonight's game that proves Dallas has what it takes to win when the other team amps up the intensity.

ok

Ghazi
03-29-2010, 10:00 PM
:lol

DubMcDub
03-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Awesome thread.

monosylab1k
03-30-2010, 12:48 AM
ok

According to you, this game is meaningless because you can't expect to hold Carmelo and Billups to 6-30 shooting for an entire series.

monosylab1k
03-30-2010, 12:49 AM

Carmelo/Billups will shoot 6-30 every game in a series against Dallas.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2010, 12:50 AM
It's a depleted Nuggets team on the second night of a back to back.

But if this is the same Nuggets come playoff time, helllooooooo Mavs/Lakers WCF

endrity
03-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Nuggets are playing like shit right now anyway, the only other team that can trouble the Mavs are the Jazz. But if we have homecourt, the Mavs are going to the WCF. Write it in stone right now.

Muser
03-30-2010, 06:22 AM
So are Dallas going to go out in the first round? Are they stacked? Is that Amare dude gonna become a spurs fan? I can't keep track of all the mav business.

Findog
03-30-2010, 07:04 AM
According to you, this game is meaningless because you can't expect to hold Carmelo and Billups to 6-30 shooting for an entire series.

Any series between Dallas and Denver is going 6-7 games. It's not time to suck each other's dicks after a win against Denver, or start cutting wrists after a loss on the road to Portland.

I-Ball
03-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Any series between Dallas and Denver is going 6-7 games. It's not time to suck each other's dicks after a win against Denver, or start cutting wrists after a loss on the road to Portland.

if amarelooms decides to do so, please don't stop him. :elephant

Shank
03-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Denver is rough right now. And without K-Mart, they don't have anyone that can hold down Dirk.

Any word on why the backwards-fighting-pussy went to the locker room before the game was over?

Findog
03-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Denver is rough right now. And without K-Mart, they don't have anyone that can hold down Dirk.

Any word on why the backwards-fighting-pussy went to the locker room before the game was over?

Eye injury supposedly. Although Ortegal said something along the lines of Denver being the slowest team in the league to clear out of a locker room after a game and Anthony always gets a massage after a game. Oddly intimate comment from Bob.

Findog
03-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Dallas is 17-5 since the ASG. Only Phoenix has a better winning % at 16-4.

Ghazi
03-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Haywood/Marion really fixed last years matchup issues v the Nuggets IMO. JR is still a pain though and JET seems to have problems generating good looks since they have big guards and agile big men who can effectively switch on him... regardless I'd be very confident playing them in a series especially with home court, even if K-Mart is back.

Shank
03-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Although Ortegal said something along the lines of Denver being the slowest team in the league to clear out of a locker room after a game and Anthony always gets a massage after a game. Oddly intimate comment from Bob.

Fugazi faggots.

dude1394
03-30-2010, 11:09 AM

About the only thing that needs to be said to this poster is "F'em".

mavsfan1000
03-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Haywood/Marion really fixed last years matchup issues v the Nuggets IMO. JR is still a pain though and JET seems to have problems generating good looks since they have big guards and agile big men who can effectively switch on him... regardless I'd be very confident playing them in a series especially with home court, even if K-Mart is back.
Don't underestimate the importance of Kenyon Martin. Especially since the backups suck. Petro? Malik Allen? Lmao. Even Carmelo was guarding Dirk. Dirk's big game was no coincidence with those players guarding him.

BUMP
03-30-2010, 11:44 AM
While the Mavs played a good game vs the Nuggets last night, I have to agree with Mono here. The sad truth is the fact that the Mavs over the years of Dirk being a superstar have done nothing but bend over slowly over the course of the playoffs and just let teams have their way. How can anybody disagree? They look like they are in much better shape than the last two years for sure, but even in our best years we just took one giant cock up the ass after another. (Miami, GS)

Muser
03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
^ Except San Antonio.

sribb43
03-31-2010, 09:11 PM
bump

Ghazi
03-31-2010, 09:12 PM
youre such a fucking dork, seriously.

sribb43
03-31-2010, 09:13 PM
youre such a fucking dork, seriously.

better than being a cocksucking fag

Findog
03-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Please, we're all self-loathing assholes. No Mav fan on Mav fan violence.

sribb43
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
I love all mavs fans but when the team is playing like shit its either take it out on you guys or my wife :lol

peteee
03-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Please, we're all self-loathing assholes. No Mav fan on Mav fan violence.
isn't it one inborn characteristic of you all faggots to vilify and rile your fellow guys of your own fraternity?

4>0rings
04-25-2010, 09:08 PM
You are correct.

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:18 PM
it gives me no pleasure to be so right about my team.

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Awesome thread.

I know.