03-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Jeff Bower lucked out with two steals;

sefant77
03-26-2010, 10:23 AM
BRCrap45 is idiot of the year

Findog
03-26-2010, 10:53 AM
The guy wearing purple:

http://www.slamdunkcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Brandon-Jennings-3-Tyreke-Evans-13.jpg

Findog
03-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I do agree that those were fantastic picks for New Orleans. A small-market team has to ace their draft picks.

Pelicans78
03-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Thornton is playing like the second best rookie behind Evans.

SenorSpur
03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
This kid can ball.

However, Tyreke Evans will be ROY

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Idk why CP3 is coming back, he might as well just sit out the rest of it so Marcus Thornton can keep developing and Darren Collison's trade value can only go up. If Bill Simmons was accurate CP3 really shortened his career by having a torn meniscus completely removed rather than getting replacement surgery and missing the rest of the season.

JamStone
03-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Kid was a great value pick. Don't know if he'll be a great player in the league for a long time, but he sure has a great rookie season.

Would still take Tyreke Evans and then Stephen Curry over him for ROY consideration.

phxspurfan
03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings are all better, but Thronton has been great this year (and great for my Cinderella Story fantasy squad)!

And Mo Pete is back

Killakobe81
03-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Kid was a great value pick. Don't know if he'll be a great player in the league for a long time, but he sure has a great rookie season.

Would still take Tyreke Evans and then Stephen Curry over him for ROY consideration.

This. But i like Thorton Hornets need to hit like this on a Frontcourt guy ...

Also i hope simmons is wrong (again) ... more and more folks are subscribing to the Dwill is the best PG theory ...but I wanted them to meet in the playoffs and go head2head on the big stage ...now even if they do thereis a built in excuse ...

Thing that is funny many that say Im stupid Cp3 is way better look at the stats are the same numbnuts that argue durant is better than Kobe or wade ...whatever.

Saw an article that said Bruce bowen has the worst PER of a player leading his team in minutes (2003?) ...but then goes to say he is one of the best defensive players ever ...PER is crap. Bowen was THAT good on defense ...(maybe not best ever but definitely better than Buls era Rodman)

Thorton is good very good but not as good as Evans or curry and i can see that with my "eyes" dont need PER, winshare or some other crap to tell me that.

BRHornet45
03-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Idk why CP3 is coming back, he might as well just sit out the rest of it so Marcus Thornton can keep developing and Darren Collison's trade value can only go up. If Bill Simmons was accurate CP3 really shortened his career by having a torn meniscus completely removed rather than getting replacement surgery and missing the rest of the season.

son CP3 coming back doesn't effect Thornton at all. Thornton is a SG and in the starting lineup lol. If anything its good that he is getting more time to work with Paul. as far as Collison goes, he is still getting way too much playing time. I can only hope the Hornets will trade him in the off season while his stock is high.

Ghazi
03-26-2010, 03:53 PM
No more excuses for CP3 next year. Okafor/West frontline, stability at the 2 guard spot, a solid backup PG... no excuses.

BRHornet45
03-26-2010, 03:57 PM
No more excuses for CP3 next year. Okafor/West frontline, stability at the 2 guard spot, a solid backup PG... no excuses.

son then what is the excuse for your great white hope Dirk? the dude is going to go down as one of the biggest choke artist and softest players in NBA history. the amount of talent they have surrounded him with over the years and he still can't win shit.

Ghazi
03-26-2010, 04:00 PM
son then what is the excuse for your great white hope Dirk? the dude is going to go down as one of the biggest choke artist and softest players in NBA history. the amount of talent they have surrounded him with over the years and he still can't win shit.

Sons if you take the 75 FREEBIE points D-Whistle had in the Finals on 97 FT's (LMAO) the Mavs would've won it all :)

BRHornet45
03-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Sons if you take the 75 FREEBIE points D-Whistle had in the Finals on 97 FT's (LMAO) the Mavs would've won it all :)

well son if I was in charge of the NBA I would nearly eliminate all free throws from the game. It has tarnished professional basketball and I have said this many times. In MY LEAGUE you will be forced to earn your points and would not be awarded bogus points due to corruption. However you would be punished for stupidity. The only time free throws would be given is for flagrant fouls and whenever someone shoots an air ball. This is the NBA, not the Greek leagues. If you shoot an air ball the game will be stopped momentarily for the other team to shoot a free throw and the replay of your air ball will be shown at least 5 times on the big screens.

Killakobe81
03-26-2010, 11:46 PM
well son if I was in charge of the NBA I would nearly eliminate all free throws from the game. It has tarnished professional basketball and I have said this many times. In MY LEAGUE you will be forced to earn your points and would not be awarded bogus points due to corruption. However you would be punished for stupidity. The only time free throws would be given is for flagrant fouls and whenever someone shoots an air ball. This is the NBA, not the Greek leagues. If you shoot an air ball the game will be stopped momentarily for the other team to shoot a free throw and the replay of your air ball will be shown at least 5 times on the big screens.

like the airball idea LOL

fevertrees
03-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Thornton is a true Baton Rouge THUG..J.R. Smith watch out!

DesignatedT
03-27-2010, 12:43 AM
thornton is a beast.

Booharv
03-27-2010, 02:33 AM

Yeah, I remember Simmons saying that too. The career prognosis was pretty scary. I think it he said it in a podcast if I remember correctly.

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 09:02 AM
son CP3 coming back doesn't effect Thornton at all. Thornton is a SG and in the starting lineup lol. If anything its good that he is getting more time to work with Paul. as far as Collison goes, he is still getting way too much playing time. I can only hope the Hornets will trade him in the off season while his stock is high.

Collison needs the playing time. CP3 is still rusty and limited to 20-25 minutes a game. Plus, Collison can rotate with CP3-Thornton and keep both guys fresh. He actually played very well against Cleveland while West and CP3 weren't as productive.

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 09:05 AM

Okafor isn't the answer at Center. He's undersized and doesn't bring much skill to the position. Hornets need to hit another home run this draft by getting a productive big man. Okafor is ok, but a healthy Chandler would have been better for this team, especially defensively. Also, we need more wing players to replace Peja, Posey, Mo-Pete, and Julian Wright. We may have the worst set of SFs in the league.

peteee
03-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Okafor isn't the answer at Center. He's undersized and doesn't bring much skill to the position. Hornets need to hit another home run this draft by getting a productive big man. Okafor is ok, but a healthy Chandler would have been better for this team, especially defensively. Also, we need more wing players to replace Peja, Posey, Mo-Pete, and Julian Wright. We may have the worst set of SFs in the league.
there has to be some reason for Ghazi considering Tyson Chandler a better man than Okafor, I think.

peteee
03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
That's Mo-Peterson i think, don't mix up a dipshit's name with such a great surname like pete, son.