PDA

View Full Version : bogans,bonner,mason

tothrowed
03-26-2010, 03:30 PM
since there is no chance of malik playin tonight if bogans mason and bonner play hard ill take that as a win fuck it lets see if they can step up probably not tho

in2deep
03-26-2010, 03:39 PM
since there is no chance of malik playin tonight if bogans mason and bonner play hard ill take that as a win fuck it lets see if they can step up probably not tho

you can say that again

murpjf88
03-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Since when does playing hard translate to wins? Talent wins games and two of those three have very little to offer.

Sisk
03-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Since when does playing hard translate to wins? Talent wins games and two of those three have very little to offer.

i'm assuming mason/bogans don't

bonner hits the three.. soft on D but is at least in position - i don't mind bonner out there if he's hitting which he has been recently

tothrowed
03-26-2010, 10:12 PM
well i told yall 2 of em came to play today mason your thru real talk malik played the lat 1:00 of the 4th and had a better game than you mason will hurt us in the playoffs

timtonymanu
03-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Bogans played great. Bonner did good. Mason sucked as always.

Refocus
03-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Bogans best game tonight.

And I'll just say we won cause of RED ROCKET going top shelf. :lol

Johnny RIngo
03-26-2010, 10:28 PM
i'm assuming mason/bogans don't

bonner hits the three.. soft on D but is at least in position - i don't mind bonner out there if he's hitting which he has been recently

Where were those threes in last year's playoffs? Bonner's only slighty better than the other two because he produces at a consistent level against the lottery teams. Doesn't change the fact that he, along with Bogans and Mason, sucks against the elite opposition. Spurs need clutch role players(like Bowen, Horry, and Barry) that can come through in a close game. None of these three have that ability.

YoMamaIsCallin
03-26-2010, 10:30 PM
oh let's tell the truth. And by the way I was one who posted after the last game that Mason should be replaced by Hairston.

Malik Hairston had an AWFUL game. Pop put him in in the 2nd and he promptly let Jamison run absolutely WILD, picking up 3 fouls and letting Jamison score about 88 points. Popovich had to pull him and sat him until the very end.

Mason also had a terrible game but that's to be expected.

And by the way Bogans was excellent and Bonner wasn't bad.

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Did you even watch the game?..

What could Hairston possibly have done to prevent 3 of his 4 fouls?..serious question..he literally stood there and put his hands up on 2 of the 4, and the 4th foul was clearly a charge..it's the name on the jersey that they look at, not the play..

He picked up stupid fouls vs. Minnesota and I criticized him for it, I said he should be benched..those were legit calls that he deserved..the calls vs. Cleveland were clearly "I don't know you and you're defending Antawn Jamison and taking a charge on Lebron, so I'll call the foul against you" calls..

YoMamaIsCallin
03-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Did you even watch the game?..

What could Hairston possibly have done to prevent 3 of his 4 fouls?..serious question..he literally stood there and put his hands up on 2 of the 4, and the 4th foul was clearly a charge..it's the name on the jersey that they look at, not the play..

It's one thing to watch, it's another to know what you are watching.

You have to do your work early. You can't just let the offensive player post up low on the block and stand behind him with your hands up. All he has to do is turn and shoot and you either have to foul him (and he DID foul him) or he'll score.

Don't be fooled by the player standing there after the call with his hands up. Verticality says you can't put your raised hands into the path of the shooting player and make contact.

Contrast this with the work Bogans did on him later. He stood his ground and didn't let Jamison root him out of the low post. Then he put a strong front on him when he tried to get the ball on the wing. If they lobbed it to him that gave time for the help to come. Bogans understands how to play defense, apparently Malik needs some lessons still against a really good vet like Jamison. Notice that Jamison was almost completely shut down in the 2nd half.

The Cavs just kept feeding Jamison until Popovich was forced to take Hairston out. It was pitiful.

TJastal
03-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Bogans played great. Bonner did good. Mason sucked as always.

I figured the RMJ haters would be flapping their gums full force. Even though it was unwarranted for the most part. Dude didn't force any dumb shots tonight, didn't turn the ball over stupidly and played average defense. I don't know how this equates to 'sucking'

Hard to disagree with you however about Bogans. KB had a real decent game with the exception of his normal quota of 2 stupid fouls and 2 stupid passes per game which he nearly filled. Bogans' defense on Jamison was terrific however, it really changed the complexion of the game. He really is a compact little power forward in a SG body. I forget who it was, but somebody posted his PER against each position and against other PF is where he has turned in some of his best performances. So props to KB. For now.

lennyalderette
03-27-2010, 04:15 PM
those three should be gone soon

jjktkk
03-27-2010, 04:32 PM
I figured the RMJ haters would be flapping their gums full force. Even though it was unwarranted for the most part. Dude didn't force any dumb shots tonight, didn't turn the ball over stupidly and played average defense. I don't know how this equates to 'sucking'

Hard to disagree with you however about Bogans. KB had a real decent game with the exception of his normal quota of 2 stupid fouls and 2 stupid passes per game which he nearly filled. Bogans' defense on Jamison was terrific however, it really changed the complexion of the game. He really is a compact little power forward in a SG body. I forget who it was, but somebody posted his PER against each position and against other PF is where he has turned in some of his best performances. So props to KB. For now.

Bogans gets a lot of hate on here, but I like the way he competes out on the floor. He plays a physical brand of BB. I know hes slow afoot, and a below average shooter, but I like the nastiness he brings. IMO Hairston has similar traits, but Hairston is the better athlete, and will be a better overall player than Bogans, once he gets alittle more expierence. It seems like Bogans has even taken Hairston under his wing alittle, which I think can only help Hairston in the very near future.

raspsa
03-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Where were those threes in last year's playoffs? Bonner's only slighty better than the other two because he produces at a consistent level against the lottery teams. Doesn't change the fact that he, along with Bogans and Mason, sucks against the elite opposition. Spurs need clutch role players(like Bowen, Horry, and Barry) that can come through in a close game. None of these three have that ability.

Well, to be fair, Bogans wasn't even on the team. It was Mason's first year as a Spur and he got confused by Pop playing him out of position. Bonner is just a late bloomer.. he's had a pretty good season so far if you discountthe injury and the time it took to get back in game shape. He plays within his limits but he works hard.

HarlemHeat37
03-27-2010, 07:57 PM
It's one thing to watch, it's another to know what you are watching.

You have to do your work early. You can't just let the offensive player post up low on the block and stand behind him with your hands up. All he has to do is turn and shoot and you either have to foul him (and he DID foul him) or he'll score.

Don't be fooled by the player standing there after the call with his hands up. Verticality says you can't put your raised hands into the path of the shooting player and make contact.

Contrast this with the work Bogans did on him later. He stood his ground and didn't let Jamison root him out of the low post. Then he put a strong front on him when he tried to get the ball on the wing. If they lobbed it to him that gave time for the help to come. Bogans understands how to play defense, apparently Malik needs some lessons still against a really good vet like Jamison. Notice that Jamison was almost completely shut down in the 2nd half.

The Cavs just kept feeding Jamison until Popovich was forced to take Hairston out. It was pitiful.

You're explaining basic fundamentals of defense, I think I got it LOL..clearly you didn't watch though..

Hairston's first foul was when he was trying to front and get position on Jamison, like you said..he got called for a foul for barely touching him off the ball..so your point is invalid, he tried to do what you said..

His 3rd foul was when he clearly just didn't want to foul Jamison to avoid his 3rd foul, so he just gave Jamison position and decided to just play defense behind him..he got called for another phantom foul..

Bogans did play good D on Jamison, but Bogans is clearly given a lot more respect from refs than Hairston for obvious reasons, and that's more than likely one of the primary reasons Pop chose him following preseason..they let him get under Jamison and hold him because he's a veteran player..Hairston was called for breathing on him, I'm pretty sure there's a difference..also, 2 of Bogans' 4 fouls were against Jamison posting up too, so what should he have done differently?..

I've given Bogans credit for his post D before too actually, that's the only type of D he's effective at..he has good strength for his size/position, and he doesn't have to have any quickness in the post, so his lack of athleticism/quickness isn't exploited..I don't mind it at all..

Bogans only covered Jamison for 3/4 possessions or w/e and Jamison scored 5 points against Hairston, the majority of his work was done against the other defenders, and the majority of the time he was ineffective in the 2nd half was against other defenders as well..so what was I supposed to notice about him being shut down?..

I also obviously agree that Bogans has better defensive IQ than Hairston, that's obvious..the guy is a veteran "stopper", I would hope he has a lot of experience and basketball IQ to make up for his lack of physical tools/skills..

My point isn't about who was better, Bogans was clearly better last night, my point was that there's literally nothing Hairston could have done on his 1st, 3rd and 4th fouls..nothing at all..I don't see how that's even debatable at all, and you didn't say anything that he could have done differently..

Sisk
03-27-2010, 08:36 PM

touche

TJastal
03-27-2010, 08:37 PM
You're explaining basic fundamentals of defense, I think I got it LOL..clearly you didn't watch though..

Hairston's first foul was when he was trying to front and get position on Jamison, like you said..he got called for a foul for barely touching him off the ball..so your point is invalid, he tried to do what you said..

His 3rd foul was when he clearly just didn't want to foul Jamison to avoid his 3rd foul, so he just gave Jamison position and decided to just play defense behind him..he got called for another phantom foul..

Bogans did play good D on Jamison, but Bogans is clearly given a lot more respect from refs than Hairston for obvious reasons, and that's more than likely one of the primary reasons Pop chose him following preseason..they let him get under Jamison and hold him because he's a veteran player..Hairston was called for breathing on him, I'm pretty sure there's a difference..also, 2 of Bogans' 4 fouls were against Jamison posting up too, so what should he have done differently?..

I've given Bogans credit for his post D before too actually, that's the only type of D he's effective at..he has good strength for his size/position, and he doesn't have to have any quickness in the post, so his lack of athleticism/quickness isn't exploited..I don't mind it at all..

Bogans only covered Jamison for 3/4 possessions or w/e and Jamison scored 5 points against Hairston, the majority of his work was done against the other defenders, and the majority of the time he was ineffective in the 2nd half was against other defenders as well..so what was I supposed to notice about him being shut down?..

I also obviously agree that Bogans has better defensive IQ than Hairston, that's obvious..the guy is a veteran "stopper", I would hope he has a lot of experience and basketball IQ to make up for his lack of physical tools/skills..

My point isn't about who was better, Bogans was clearly better last night, my point was that there's literally nothing Hairston could have done on his 1st, 3rd and 4th fouls..nothing at all..I don't see how that's even debatable at all, and you didn't say anything that he could have done differently..

I tend to agree with this. After the first "I don't respect you" call Malik toned his defense down and by the 3rd foul he was barely even contesting the shot and yet they still rung him up.

The only other player I've seen get that much disrespect is Bonner.