PDA

View Full Version : Best win of the damn season

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Great hustle, great effort, great defense.

Keith Bogans played his best game of the season, didn't even know he had it in him.

If we can steal a win in Boston, this team would be riding it's biggest high since the b2b victories over LAL/OKC from a couple months ago. :ihit

biziofromdowntown
03-26-2010, 09:51 PM
For sure!!!

anakha
03-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Easy there, Seabiscuit.

Let's save the celebration for when the game's actually over.

ShoogarBear
03-26-2010, 09:54 PM
If the Spurs blow this Imma personally come to your house and strangle your dog.

DPG21920
03-26-2010, 09:55 PM
If the Spurs blow this Imma personally come to your house and strangle your dog.

:lol

alchemist
03-26-2010, 09:57 PM
the game ain't over yet.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2010, 10:03 PM
It's ova guys, show some faith! :lol

nkdlunch
03-26-2010, 10:04 PM
I was thinkin the same thing.

BEST WIN OF THE SEASON

Budkin
03-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Fuck yes... just beat the best team in the league!

ginobilized
03-26-2010, 10:08 PM
the dream is still alive.....

TIMMYD!
03-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Definitely the biggest win!

DPG21920
03-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Get lifted.

siraulo23
03-26-2010, 10:10 PM
**** yeah

we gotta celebrate any wins we get

Go Spurs Go!!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Hopefully we can keep the momentum going into Boston. They're been on a roll lately.

easy7
03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Damn that was so good I had to smoke a cigarrete afterwards...

DPG21920
03-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Hopefully we can keep the momentum going into Boston. They're been on a roll lately.

I had the Spurs losing to LA, and then winning the next 4. We will see.

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Good W, solid effort from Bogans and Jefferson, Cavs were shorthanded and James looked a little off, but it counts in the standings..Spurs need unexpected Ws like these right now, need to move up in the standings..

I still believe this team can get to the WCF if we can peak(even though it's unlikely), but let's take it one game at a time before this place gets a huge high and then melts down after the next loss..hopefully the Spurs take out Boston on Sunday..

td_tp_manu
03-26-2010, 10:13 PM
This is a fucking great win!
For so long I haven't seen Spurs play like this.
And I never expected that many dunks (Bonner!), and a sick pass from Timmy

alchemist
03-26-2010, 10:14 PM
The win against OKC ranks a little higher IMO but winning against the best in the League can only boost up their confidence to another level. :toast

DesignatedT
this cavs team really doesnt scare me too much.. even with oneal i think them having o'neal would actually benefit duncan... he can gaurd him in his sleep instead of having to chase around hickson or jamison or some athletic forward...

good win overall. role players stepped up nice for once... looking forward to getting tony back and seeing what we can do

tothrowed
real talk if only bogans could hit more 3's in the corner that would be throwed

timtonymanu
03-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Great win. Although Cavs played like shit. Still it's great to get a win against the best team in the league.

Avitus1
03-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Damn good win!

Stringer_Bell
03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
This is what happens when the Spurs have solid contributions from everyone (well, except crybaby Roger who got 7 minutes more than Hairston and only has a turnover to show for it). Good effort, good heart, and good crowd! :toast

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2010, 10:19 PM
this cavs team really doesnt scare me too much.. even with oneal i think them having o'neal would actually benefit duncan... he can gaurd him in his sleep instead of having to chase around hickson or jamison or some athletic forward...

good win overall. role players stepped up nice for once... looking forward to getting tony back and seeing what we can do

They would kill the Spurs in a series right now, tonight wasn't even close to their real team..Lebron was clearly off, he made horrible passing decisions even without pressure, he lost the ball on a dunk, he tripped at the end of the game..

They were missing their best defender other than Lebron/their big man slasher(Varejao) AND they were missing Shaq..

Be happy with the W, they would still destroy the Spurs..it's just 1 game..

Libri
but let's take it one game at a time before this place gets a huge high and then melts down after the next loss..hopefully the Spurs take out Boston on Sunday..

Ah yes, the roller coaster that is this season. Here's to another win against Boston. I hope. :toast

murpjf88
If this were an impoortant game for the cavs, the outcome would have been different. Cavs sleep-walked through most of the second half.

Danny.Zhu
03-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Fuck yes... just beat the best team in the league!

This is just sad. We used to be the team to get everybody else excited.

CFH
03-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Great win!!! I think the Spurs can beat Boston on Sunday, it'll be tough but I think they can do it. :flag:

Spurs Brazil
03-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Great win and TD played only 26 minutes

Fantastic game by Manu

alchemist
If this were an impoortant game for the cavs, the outcome would have been different. Cavs sleep-walked through most of the second half.
Lebron was in Cocaine mode until the final tick, they really didn't care :rolleyes

Blackjack
Hell of a win, but OKC on the second night of a back-to-back, on the road and under the circumstances (playoff ramifications and coming off a pretty devastating loss), was the more impressive one.

Still, no Parker and a Duncan riding on fumes (the substitution pattern giving confirmation), and the Spurs get it done against the best team going?

Impressive; not to mention pretty gratifying.

For all the doom and gloom and disappointment throughout the season, the Spurs are playing some pretty decent ball. They're in the midst of a brutal stretch, playing the best of the best, and they've won or been in a position to win every single game; nice to see the competitive fire . . .

CFH
03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Lebron was in Cocaine mode until the final tick, they really didn't care :rolleyes

Agreed, Lebron hates losing too, he has said it himself. Highly doubt this game didn't matter to him or the Cavs.

ducks
03-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Agreed, Lebron hates losing too, he has said it himself. Highly doubt this game didn't matter to him or the Cavs.

so you think mike brown was trying to do his pal pop a break:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

DesignatedT
03-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Lebron obviously didnt look himself... but its not like Duncan is playing his best ball right now or that we have tony parker out their on the court. it evens out.

CFH
03-26-2010, 10:35 PM
so you think mike brown was trying to do his pal pop a break:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Pop slipped him some wine at the half. :downspin:

santymrc
03-26-2010, 10:37 PM
They would kill the Spurs in a series right now, tonight wasn't even close to their real team..Lebron was clearly off, he made horrible passing decisions even without pressure, he lost the ball on a dunk, he tripped at the end of the game..

They were missing their best defender other than Lebron/their big man slasher(Varejao) AND they were missing Shaq..

WTF MEN??? You're the worst poster in SA history, by FAR.
LBJ had his season average, not an off night, WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM?
Our D tonite was great, sometimes, numbers lie couse it's the other team blowing open looks, but tonite it wasn't the case, we gave them a hard bucket all nite long.
You are an asshole.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Hell of a win, but OKC on the second night of a back-to-back, on the road and under the circumstances (playoff ramifications and coming off a pretty devastating loss), was the more impressive one.

Still, no Parker and a Duncan riding on fumes (the substitution pattern giving confirmation), and the Spurs get it done against the best team going?

Impressive; not to mention pretty gratifying.

For all the doom and gloom and disappointment throughout the season, the Spurs are playing some pretty decent ball. They're in the midst of a brutal stretch, playing the best of the best, and they've won or been in a position to win every single game; nice to see the competitive fire . . .

Upon Parker's return, could you see the Spurs making the WCF as long as they avoid the Lakers bracket till then?

DesignatedT
WTF MEN??? You're the worst poster in SA history, by FAR.
LBJ had his season average, not an off night, WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM?
Our D tonite was great, sometimes, numbers lie couse it's the other team blowing open looks, but tonite it wasn't the case, we gave them a hard bucket all nite long.
You are an asshole.

:lol wow

ezau

I dunno, but I really think Shaq would be their biggest liability in the playoffs. We know very well his inability to defend the pick and roll and that might just put the Cavs on a very bad position

santymrc
03-26-2010, 10:42 PM
:lol wow

:toast

I can't stand that guy anymore, keeps bitching on all open threads that we suck we suck we suck we suck and even when we win WE SUCK FOR HIM. C'mon gotta get a break.

DesignatedT
03-26-2010, 10:43 PM
I dunno, but I really think Shaq would be their biggest liability in the playoffs. We know very well his inability to defend the pick and roll and that might just put the Cavs on a very bad position

I dont think shaq would be that big of a problem or difference for the spurs either... if anything that helps duncan on the defensive end.. instead of duncan having to chase around an athletic jamison or hickson id much rather have him sitting there with fat ass in the paint...

Them having shaq also makes them slow down the game and play right into the spurs hands... of course the spurs have a long way to go to get to where they can compete with these types of teams but cleveland definitely doesnt scare me like the lakers do.. even orlando is scarier to me than cleveland.

santymrc
03-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I dont think shaq would be that big of a problem or difference for the spurs either... if anything that helps duncan on the defensive end.. instead of duncan having to chase around an athletic jamison or hickson id much rather have him sitting there with fat ass in the paint...

Them having shaq also makes them slow down the game and play right into the spurs hands... of course the spurs have a long way to go to get to where they can compete with these types of teams but cleveland definitely doesnt scare me like the lakers do.. even orlando is scarier to me than cleveland.

+1
And don't forget, we can allways HACK-A-SHAQ

ezau
03-26-2010, 10:58 PM

Exactly, the Lakers and the Magic are tougher matchups for the Spurs than the Cavs.

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Lebron clearly had an off night..the Cavs were missing arguably their 2nd most valuable player in Varejao, and they were missing Shaq..the Spurs were missing Parker, so we can be a lot better too..I'm just saying, it's kind of silly to compare the Spurs to the Cavs..

I agree with Designated T that I fear LA more than Cleveland, but that's only because the Spurs and Pop fear the Lakers, sadly..I'm not disagreeing with you guys that LA and maybe Orlando could be worse matchups, I'm just saying I would still fear Cleveland a lot..

As I said in the other threads though, the Spurs can make the WCF if they can get healthy and Kenyon Martin isn't healthy..

DesignatedT
03-26-2010, 11:01 PM
+1
And don't forget, we can allways HACK-A-SHAQ

haha :tu very true.

GrandeDavid
03-26-2010, 11:10 PM
When the Spurs used to dominate and aim for 60+ win seasons, even they choked to the Atlantas and Wolves of the day from time to time. I'm glad the Spurs won, but c'mon guys, it was a regular season HOME game, and its sad that we've gotten to the point where a regular season home win is such a big accomplishment. But times are what they are and I agree that it was a huge win, all things considered. Still, the Cavs had won eight straight and they were due for a hiccup.

Now, if the Spurs can go up and get the next one in Boston then that Lakers collapse from the other night will have become a fading memory. I hope we can keep the 50 win streak alive, at least!

Go Spurs!

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2010, 11:12 PM
If the Spurs beat the Celtics, I'll be encouraged..winning 3 out of 4 vs. Cleveland, Boston and OKC would be very impressive, especially w/o, and especially since the game before was a grueling OT loss vs. Atlanta..

DesignatedT
03-26-2010, 11:15 PM
If the Spurs beat the Celtics, I'll be encouraged..winning 3 out of 4 vs. Cleveland, Boston and OKC would be very impressive, especially w/o, and especially since the game before was a grueling OT loss vs. Atlanta..

if pop continues to play duncan 25 minutes a game i find this game hard to win.

crc21209
03-26-2010, 11:15 PM
No doubt the BIGGEST win of the season by far IMO....this Spurs team does not beat this Cavs team 3 months back or even 1 month back...shows that the Spurs (although not all the way there just yet) are making some damn good improvement..

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2010, 11:19 PM

:tu

My sentiments exactly. I just want a win in Boston, even a hard fought loss would still be discouraging because the Spurs have had a lot of those lately. While the schedule came at a brutal time, at least these stretch of games force the Spurs to play harder than ever to stay afloat.

santymrc
03-26-2010, 11:21 PM

Finally you gave the guys props -in your way-. You're being fair for the first time in a long time.

Blackjack
03-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Upon Parker's return, could you see the Spurs making the WCF as long as they avoid the Lakers bracket till then?

If the team had everything fall just right, health and cohesion coming together immediately upon Parker's return, I can't say it'd shock me (but I'd in no way expect it).

The thing is, all year I've looked at this team as a second-tier team. They were always going to need a good trade and a healthy bout of good fortune. But when you look around at the competition, it's just flat-out not where it's been; the West hasn't risen above the Spurs as much as they've taken a step back.

So if the Spurs could find a way to get their team together, find a rhythm and get anywhere near to where they've been in recent years, who knows . . .

I've said it before, but if the Spurs have their Big 3 intact, Hill doesn't get burned out and Blair finds his second wind, you can't hate their chances against the likes of Denver or Utah; the Lakers and, to a lesser extent, Mavs would leave them first-round fodder IMO.

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Finally you gave the guys props -in your way-. You're being fair for the first time in a long time.

I said the Spurs can make the WCF in the other thread where most people said they would be out in the 1st round..I don't know how "fair" you want me to be..

Blackjack
03-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Damn that curmudgeon Harlem . . . :smokin

timtonymanu
03-26-2010, 11:31 PM
weird the spurs can beat the cavs with lebron but they couldnt win the other game without him.

i guess that's just how the spurs work.

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2010, 11:38 PM
It happened last year too..I remember we beat the Raptors with Bosh, and then lost to them without Bosh and others in that infamous Roko Ukic game:(..

murpjf88
03-26-2010, 11:43 PM

Lebron is always in cocaine mode. The cleveland did not play anywhere near what their capable of and the spurs reaped the benefits. If this was a must win for the Cavs, they would have forced their will upon them. Lebron never really took control sinking just one of six three's and uncharacteristically had only four rebounds.

murpjf88
03-26-2010, 11:45 PM
I said the Spurs can make the WCF in the other thread where most people said they would be out in the 1st round..I don't know how "fair" you want me to be..

You don't have to defend yourself. Most of us know your a quality poster

alchemist
03-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Lebron is always in cocaine mode. The cleveland did not play anywhere near what their capable of and the spurs reaped the benefits. If this was a must win for the Cavs, they would have forced their will upon them. Lebron never really took control sinking just one of six three's and uncharacteristically had only four rebounds.
They're trying to clinch home court for the entire playoffs, they're not going to sleep walk into the post season. You can say that not having Varejao/Shaq out there affected them a good deal but not this they didn't try bullshit.

all_heart
03-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Yes, a good win. But it's only one win, a home game.. I'll leave it at that, for now.

murpjf88
03-27-2010, 12:27 AM
They're trying to clinch home court for the entire playoffs, they're not going to sleep walk into the post season. You can say that not having Varejao/Shaq out there affected them a good deal but not this they didn't try bullshit.

Where in my post did I say they didn't try? have you checked the standing? They lead Orlando by 6 in the loss column. Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when they'll clinch the east.

The cavs were outhussled, outrebounded, had fewer assists in the second half while Lebron had a subpar performance by his standards. Sleepwalking does not equate to not trying or playing disinterested. No team can play their best night in and night out and for the Cavs, this was not their best game.

Yes, the Spurs benefited from varejeo/Shaq injuries, and I'm not convinced Shaq makes them better. While he's physical and still dangerous at times, he makes them vulnerable defensively and at the freethrow line.

alchemist
03-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Where in my post did I say they didn't try? have you checked the standing? They lead Orlando by 6 in the loss column. Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when they'll clinch the east.

The cavs were outhussled, outrebounded, had fewer assists in the second half while Lebron had a subpar performance by his standards. Sleepwalking does not equate to not trying or playing disinterested. No team can play their best night in and night out and for the Cavs, this was not their best game.

Yes, the Spurs benefited from varejeo/Shaq injuries, and I'm not convinced Shaq makes them better. While he's physical and still dangerous at times, he makes them vulnerable defensively and at the freethrow line.

There's not much to misinterpret from your post. (Cleveland) Winning 14 of 15 games coming into this game, I have to give all the credit to the Spurs.

jjktkk
03-27-2010, 12:43 AM

:rolleyes One good ole "roll the eyes" deserves another murpjf88. Wouldn't that make a great quote in the sports page: Lebron, "This wasn't a must win for us, so there was no need for us to force our will on the Spurs".

silverblackfan
03-27-2010, 01:14 AM
I thought a win against the Lakers would have been the best game of the season, but this one definitely ranks up there in the top 5. The team played well for 48 minutes, except for a lapse when Mason was on the court. I like Mason, but he has lost it.

murpjf88
03-27-2010, 01:14 AM
There's not much to misinterpret from your post. (Cleveland) Winning 14 of 15 games coming into this game, I have to give all the credit to the Spurs.

Maybe I should spell it out for you, they would have brought a more concerted effort on defense. They were outhussled through most of the fourth quarter, made sloppy passes, took forced shots while other players were left open and Lebron managed to take only two shots (dunk and layup) through the fourth quarter right up until the final minute of play. In a must win situation Lebron would have forced the action by taking the shots instead of defering to his teammates. Its pretty much common sense that you go with your number one option with the game hanging in the balance. Please don't tell me the Spurs tenacious defense kept the ball out of Lebron's hands.

I'm not taking credit away from the Spurs. They played well for most of the game.

Manu-of-steel
03-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Props to our team! This win gives us a glimmer of hope that we still have what it takes to beat a top team in the nba. Great win!

Manu-of-steel
03-27-2010, 06:15 AM
To say that the cavs just gave this game to us is bullshit. Watching the game, we had good defensive schemes, we rotated well against their shooters. Can't we give our team props for a job well done?

HarlemHeat37
03-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Alright, I'm encouraged..this is an impressive run, especially considering Duncan's offense is off and TP isn't playing..

The Spurs are finally playing like the Spurs..

Manu has started this run with his dominance, now if TD can find another gear for the playoffs like he usually does and TP isn't too out of rhythm, this team will make the WCF..

Spurs Brazil
03-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Best D of the season tonight, just like the old Spurs

Brazil
03-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't know if it is the best win but this is the best Defensive effort I've seen this year and everything started with Hill. For the first time he found the balance between Offense and Defense

TampaDude
03-28-2010, 10:45 PM
That was some serious turn back the clock to 2007 Spurs basketball in the Garden tonight! :toast

Manu-of-steel
03-28-2010, 11:12 PM
I don't know if it is the best win but this is the best Defensive effort I've seen this year and everything started with Hill. For the first time he found the balance between Offense and Defense

Agree, his defense on allen was bowenesque. And on offense, he was fearless. Good job by hill.

ShoogarBear
03-29-2010, 01:12 AM
That was some serious turn back the clock to 2007 Spurs basketball in the Garden tonight! :toast

It was heartwarming to see all the air sucked out of a road crowd.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Uuuuuunnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhh

alchemist
04-04-2010, 05:16 PM
This Laker win is definitely bigger then the Thunder game, by a mile.

pjjrfan
04-04-2010, 05:18 PM
All these games are big. the next one will be even bigger, they can't cancel out this great win with a loss on Tuesday.