PDA

View Full Version : How did Duncan look tonight?

tim_duncan_fan
03-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Was he moving ok? Was he tossing up those weak shots like he did against the Lakers? Our chances at getting past the first round rest on his ability to play similar to the Tim Duncan from the first half of the season.

smeagol
03-26-2010, 11:28 PM
His game was uneventfull.

DesignatedT
03-26-2010, 11:29 PM
only played 25 minutes.. looked pretty slow but had a decent game. didnt look much different than the LA game but not having gasol downlow helped. he also looked more aggressive when he got the ball instead of being too patient with it.

santymrc
03-26-2010, 11:32 PM
only played 25 minutes.. looked pretty slow but had a decent game. didnt look much different than the LA game but not having gasol downlow helped. he also looked more aggressive when he got the ball instead of being too patient with it.

+1
And was the reason in the clutch we won. His basket and his calm inbounding the ball at the end were key to the win.

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2010, 11:34 PM
He didn't look much different offensively, his defense was good for the most part again IMO..he's not really going to look much different for a while, until he can get some days off or step it up in the playoffs..his passing was great too, as usual..

His game was fine tonight, we'll see on Sunday when he faces KG, Wallace and Perkins..that will be a huge test..

It was nice to see him FINALLY adjust though..he used his left instead of using that stupid step-in one hander with the right hand that ALWAYS gets blocked..his left hand is great, he needs to use it more like my man Ruff always says..

tim_duncan_fan
03-26-2010, 11:41 PM
He didn't look much different offensively, his defense was good for the most part again IMO..he's not really going to look much different for a while, until he can get some days off or step it up in the playoffs..his passing was great too, as usual..

His game was fine tonight, we'll see on Sunday when he faces KG, Wallace and Perkins..that will be a huge test..

It was nice to see him FINALLY adjust though..he used his left instead of using that stupid step-in one hander with the right hand that ALWAYS gets blocked..his left hand is great, he needs to use it more like my man Ruff always says..

Yeah I guess we'll see Sunday. We'll need him to be able to bring it even if he's facing a good big man. That guy that plays for OK City reminded me of those days when Desegana Diop was giving Duncan trouble and I'm still having nightmares about what happened with Gasol.

duncan228
03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
From the recap. :(

Tim Duncan walked out of the locker room with a slight limp.

ducks
03-26-2010, 11:51 PM
he needs tp to spoon feed him

santymrc
03-26-2010, 11:53 PM

Fack, hope hi's allright.

all_heart
03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
He spent a lot of time falling or getting knocked to the floor. That's no bueno!

Josepatches_
03-27-2010, 12:01 AM

I guess that's why he only played 26 minutes.

Blackjack
03-27-2010, 12:02 AM
He looked better, but he's definitely gassed . . .

He was getting better, deeper position and generally taking the shots he's accustomed to taking, but everything just looks to be more work than usual.

You can always tell if he's hurt or fatigued by his decision making in the post (shot selection and thought process) and how deep he's catching the ball, and though it was better than it's been against Orlando (second night of a back-to-back) and LA (third-in-four nights), he's not where you'd hope.

IIRC, they've got three more back-to-backs and don't get two days off between games until the second-to-last game of the season. They can't afford to let him miss games at this point, but I think what you saw tonight is the blueprint moving forward: longer rest periods and limited minutes to avoid diminishing returns.

CFH
03-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Damn, can't afford to lose Duncan as well, it's just that kind of season. :depressed

DesignatedT
03-27-2010, 12:06 AM
tim duncan walked out of the locker room with a slight limp.

:pctoss

tim_duncan_fan
03-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Aaaaaahhhhhh we're fucked!

This season blows.

duncan228
03-27-2010, 12:16 AM
He's tired in the post game interview.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100326_duncan.html

Silverheart80
03-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Was at the game tonight. Noticed in the 1st quarter that Duncan was favoring his left leg ever so slightly. It was barely noticeable but you could see it when he was heading back on defense -- just an ever-so-slight drag of the left foot. Battling plantar fasciitis again?

tim_duncan_fan
03-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Was at the game tonight. Noticed in the 1st quarter that Duncan was favoring his left leg ever so slightly. It was barely noticeable but you could see it when he was heading back on defense -- just an ever-so-slight drag of the left foot. Battling plantar fasciitis again?

Hopefully he's just tired or sick and will be over it in a couple of days.

duncan228
03-27-2010, 12:28 AM

Thanks for the first-hand look.

I'm not sure what to worry about first. The left braced knee. The right tendonosis knee. Any variety of past problems.

:(

Manu-of-steel
03-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Duncan, from what I've seen on tv, was moving well, especially on the defensive end. He also attacked more aggressively compared to the lakers game.

blkroadrunners
03-27-2010, 07:54 AM
He looked better, but I'm fairly sure Pop will manage his minutes better like he has been until playoffs.

J_Paco
03-27-2010, 08:00 AM
The Spurs have three games where they could sit Tim out and I believe they're still winnable games. I think Pop should sit him out against New Jersey on Monday, against Sacramento on April 6th and against Minnesota on April 12th. Those days off could really help his level of fatigue heading into the playoffs.

boutons_deux
03-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Left, wrapped knee? Degenerative tendinosis isn't reversible.

weebo
03-27-2010, 10:08 AM
He looks sad. He's probably been reading some of the post of his demise on spurstalk.

duncan228
03-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Left, wrapped knee? Degenerative tendinosis isn't reversible.

His left knee, with the brace, is the one he had surgery on in 2000. It's been bothering him for a few years, building up to the brace. The tendonosis is his right knee, and yes, it's degenerative. It's a matter of severity on any given night.