PDA

View Full Version : duncan limping out of locker room?!

spursfaninla
03-27-2010, 01:46 AM
I see posters referencing this, but not citing how they know...video? Comments on TV? What?

I did not see that, but I stopped watching right after the game ended.

lefty
03-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Spurs are just preparing excuses for their future early playoff exit

DesignatedT
03-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Ginobili, Spurs halt Cleveland’s 8-game win streak
By Paul J. Weber

Tim Duncan walked out of the locker room with a slight limp. Tony Parker and his broken hand sneaked out way earlier.

Manu Ginobili made sure they left with a win. A big one.

Ginobili scored half of his 30 points in the fourth quarter, and San Antonio beat Cleveland 102-97 on Friday night, ending the Cavaliers’ eight-game winning streak that began with a home victory over the Spurs earlier this month.

“It means we’re not that far from the best,” Ginobili said. “Of course, it’s just a game, and at home. But it makes us feel better.”

After losing to the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday, Ginobili was still stung that the Spurs couldn’t beat both conference leaders back-to-back. But in what will likely be the worst regular-season for the Spurs in the Duncan era, they’ll take this one.

LeBron James had 27 points for Cleveland, but the Cavs watched their second-longest winning streak slip away with six scoreless possessions down the stretch.

James misfired twice and turned the ball over on half of those possessions. His frustrating fourth quarter included tumbling to the baseline after losing the basketball—when Ginobili, fittingly, hooked his left arm around to knock it away.

“I’ve seen every coverage before, so I’ve got past the frustration stage,” James said. “They did a good job of keeping bodies in front of bodies, sometimes double-teams, sometimes trapping.”

James had 11 points in the fourth, but it was Ginobili’s quarter. He shot 4 of 7, including two 3-pointers and a stretch of four straight Spurs baskets.

It was the third 30-point game for Ginobili since being forced into the starting lineup this month when Parker broke his hand March 6.

Two nights later, the Cavs began their winning streak with a 97-95 win over the Spurs in Cleveland. They hadn’t lost since.

Ginobili’s 38 against the Cavs weren’t enough to beat Cleveland that first time around. But 30 did the trick this time.

“He’s the reason they’re still above water even after Tony went out,” James said.

Since Parker went down, Ginobili is averaging 23.8 points and has carried the Spurs to a 7-4 mark without their starting pointing guard. Parker isn’t expected to return until the playoffs.

“With Tony down, he’s got the ball in his hands a little more, He’s a playmaker,” said Duncan, who scored 16. “If you can put the ball in his hands and let him get comfortable, these are the results you get.”

Richard Jefferson also had 16 for the Spurs, and George Hill had 14.

Antawn Jamison scored 24 points and J.J. Hickson added 20 for Cleveland. James also finished with 10 rebounds.

Beating the Cavs gave the Spurs one of their best wins in what will likely be their worst season in the Duncan era.

Excluding the lockout-shortened 1998-99 season, San Antonio has never won fewer than 53 regular-season games since drafting Duncan in 1997. But that’s now in jeopardy.

The Spurs (43-28) can only afford to lose once in their final 11 games to avoid their worst regular-season record since 1996-97, when they last missed the playoffs after winning just 20 games. They’re in better shape this time—but need to be careful.

San Antonio is seventh in the Western Conference, a half-game ahead of Portland.

The schedule only gets slightly easier for the Spurs, who go to Boston on Sunday. The Celtics are one of eight winning teams still ahead for the Spurs, including another round with the Lakers and Orlando.

NOTES: Cavs F Anderson Varejao left the game in the first half with a sore hamstring and did not return. … The Cavs face their final West opponent—at least for the regular season—Sunday against Sacramento.

DesignatedT
03-27-2010, 01:55 AM
its prob nothing he hasnt had for awhile now... bad thing is the schedule from here on out till the playoffs is pretty brutal and he still wont be able to get lots of rest... expect pop to play him as least as possible... like tonight he only logged 26 minutes against the cavs.....

alchemist
03-27-2010, 02:00 AM
I honestly don't see it as a big deal, this late in the season who isn't banged up? If he doesn't play Sunday then you can ring the alarm.

duncan228
03-27-2010, 02:15 AM
I see posters referencing this, but not citing how they know...video? Comments on TV? What?

Taking advantage of the opportunity for a quick plug:

For anyone that may not know, SpursTalk has a Duncan Mini Forum. We're all Duncan, all the time. You can always find Duncan news there. :)

Click on 'Mini Forums' in the navigation bar at the top of the page.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=7

Man In Black
03-27-2010, 02:31 AM
Duncan just needs RICE. No not Virgin Islands Coconut Rice & Red Beans!

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation.

DesignatedT
03-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Duncan just needs RICE. No not Virgin Islands Coconut Rice & Red Beans!

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation.

:lol

Man In Black
03-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Plus in the after-game interviews, no talk about it, at all.

tony320
03-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Evan, count the number of players that can play per game (12 in case you don't know). That's where he got 404.Coach outlet usa (http://www.coach-outlet.com/) has a printable coupon for 20 percent off your entire purchase at the Coach Factory Stores. The coach outlet sale (http://www.coach-outlet.com/) coupon is good now through March 7, 2010 and in Coach usa outlet , Canada and Puerto Rico only. It cannot be combined with any other offer and knock off coach purses (http://www.coach-outlet.com/) per customer.

Fabbs
03-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Taking advantage of the opportunity for a quick plug:

For anyone that may not know, SpursTalk has a Duncan Mini Forum. We're all Duncan, all the time. You can always find Duncan news there. :)

Click on 'Mini Forums' in the navigation bar at the top of the page.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=7
I went there, nice.
So have you Duncanites deciphered what the reporter is talking about?

Dex
03-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I went there, nice.
So have you Duncanites deciphered what the reporter is talking about?

What's there to decipher?

He's probably limping because his knees are probably sore. Probably because of the chronic tendonosis that is still there and is never completely going away.

Tim ain't no spring chicken anymore.

EmptyMan
03-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Duncan injured?

http://i46.tinypic.com/s2wp5c.jpg

Fabbs
03-27-2010, 10:48 AM
probably probably Probably

Step away, grasshopper.
Let the Duncanites do their work.

Dex
03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Step away, grasshopper.
Let the Duncanites do their work.

:lol

Ok, you let me know their startling diagnosis when you get it.

duncan228
03-27-2010, 12:18 PM
:lol @ Duncanites.

Like Dex said, there's nothing to decipher. We know both knees are bad. We know he has pain. There was only the one line about it, nothing that gave us specifics. Maybe we'll hear something else by the Celtics game.

Obstructed_View
03-27-2010, 01:13 PM

He's probably limping because his knees are probably sore. Probably because of the chronic tendonosis that is still there and is never completely going away.

Tim ain't no spring chicken anymore.

He's also a grown man who plays 75-80 basketball games a year. Everyone's going to limp now and then.

Dex
03-27-2010, 01:33 PM
He's also a grown man who plays 75-80 basketball games a year. Everyone's going to limp now and then.

I concur.