PDA

View Full Version : Six hours of "local" sports shows begins today.

Pooh
08-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Lets see how long it takes before they hit the wall this afternoon. I'll give them about an hour. By that time, they'll simply be repeating old stuff.

It's a disaster waiting to happen and I've got front row seats.

bigzak25
08-23-2004, 03:59 PM
i'll be listening on the drive home....i expect it to be a good show.

Pooh
08-23-2004, 04:04 PM
I would raise my standards a little higher than just a good show. It better kick butt. but don't hold your breath.

KoriEllis
08-23-2004, 04:39 PM
I don't know why you think it's going to be all "local". It will cover a lot of stuff besides local. Just because it's has local hosts, doesn't mean they'll only cover local sports.

T Park Num 9
08-23-2004, 04:58 PM
we know you dont like it.

We know you think it sucks.

But pooh, give it a fuckin rest.

Yes it may get old for a while, but goddamn so is your bitching about the local programming. Dont like it?? Take your money get a damn XM Radio and stfu already.

Me personally, I cant wait to hear the Thompson brothers every day.

Its gonna be great.

AzsHoleNeighbor
08-23-2004, 05:56 PM
I will tune in when Kori or pop is on the show,

These guys are over there heads.They could hardly fill 3 hours I can see Pooh's point, But I always believe in giving folks a chance, But I see many losing interest after week one.

NameDropper
08-23-2004, 06:00 PM
So far all I've heard is that it is a big improvement.
Only time, and phone calls, will tell the future of this new schedule.

Pooh
08-23-2004, 06:02 PM
So far all I've heard is that it is a big improvement. Only time, and phone calls, will tell the future of this new schedule.

exactly!

RevMouse
08-23-2004, 07:18 PM
The "T" Brothers started off on the wrong foot. Jason said we will give out the number when we are ready for you.

You can tell success has gone to his head, They will find out that the listeners are Important and W/O them you have no pay check, Very disappointing, I gave it a shot it's KTSA for my ears,Then It's Pc games and music I downloaded form the net, Someone wake me up when Sports radio is worth tunning in.

scott
08-24-2004, 12:55 AM
T Park said it best

MouseOnSports
08-24-2004, 10:18 AM
To bad the listeners will never know http://www.sahoops.net/smilies/lmao.gif

utsagolfpb
08-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Both pretty good.

Caught Vex and Walter for a segment, sounded good.

Streamed the Thompsons' for about 90 minutes while playing poker. Pretty good also.

Blood Dong
08-25-2004, 10:50 AM
I'm still, for the most part, undecided. THe programming for the most part is still a little "too sportsy" for me. Yesterday was murder for me. All olympic talk, as well as, does SA deserve a soccer team. Who cares!!!!! Give me some pop culture, funny bits mixed in with the sports. It's gonna be dreadful for a while

tlongII
08-25-2004, 11:01 AM
What did San Antonio do that was so bad they deserve a soccer team because of it?
:Q

Blood Dong
08-25-2004, 11:14 AM
exactly.......

utsagolfpb
08-25-2004, 01:08 PM
They will announce the MLS team hear right after the finish the final touches of the PGA Village....wait a minute, they screwed that up...nevermind.

The only sport that I could see flourshing here in San Antonio would be Arena Football. Cheap Tickets, Semi-Answers SA's thirst for Football, and fun to attend.

Someone did enough research at one point that this city could support 2 Minor League Hockey Teams, why couldn't they support an Arena League Team.

SAmikeyp
08-25-2004, 02:07 PM
ahh...but we proved we could not support two hockey teams.

I for one would love to see Arena Football here again.

T Park Num 9
08-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Me three, I would be all for Arena football.

I almost drove up to Austin to check it out.

utsagolfpb
08-25-2004, 04:38 PM

But keep in mind, beforehand, they did enough market research on San Antonio to believe that it could sustain 2 teams even if just for a bit.

If there is enough data for that to happen, surely we can do Arena Football.

One of Stacie friends owns the IFL - Intense Football League, they have a team in Corpus, we are looking into it.

SAmikeyp
08-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Fair enough, my friend. Although it proves that even the best research can be wrong.

I do agree about Arena Football. It was here once and lasted for a year. I think its more established now and would have a better chance for survival. Plus I think the SBC or the Dome would be better suited for the game than the Arena was.

Blood Dong
08-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Yes, arena football would be a good strong.

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-25-2004, 06:03 PM

thats not exactly true. The Iggy's were a victim of the new SBC / Spurs / CAB contract. They could no longer play in the coliseum after the SBC was built...

SAmikeyp
08-25-2004, 06:15 PM
I am speaking of when the Iggy's left in favor of the Dragons before the SBC was built. Then the Dragons left and then the Iggy's came back. But yes, the second incarnation of the Iggy's died when the SBC was opened and the coliseum was no longer a viable alternative. I always thought the Spurs should have bought the name, colors and logo from the Iguanas and transferred it to the new team. The Iguanas were very popular and I think that would have helped the transition.

Pooh
08-25-2004, 06:18 PM
The Spurs have a hold on much of the sports scene down here. Thank goodness they dont' have a chunk of the missions.

It would be nice to see a pro football team down here, but this will always be a Cowboys town first and foremost...overall.

Blood Dong
08-25-2004, 06:22 PM
this is giving me tired head...........

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-25-2004, 06:26 PM
forget about a pro football team. The Alamodome is not acceptable to the NFL and there is no way the taxpayers would approve a 450 million bond issue to build a new stadium that would be acceptable even if someone wanted to move here...

Pooh
08-25-2004, 06:29 PM
The Dome at the time was built to lure a team here, that or an expansion one. It didn't and now where left with a big ass warehouse. There shouldn't be a tax funded increase to make additions. If an owner comes down, he's going to have to pay for the renovations himself. I agree CC the taxpayers will not stand another tax hike.

SAmikeyp
08-25-2004, 07:02 PM
I agree. The Dome, thankfully, is paid for and does generate good revenue...not as good as it would with a football team, though. We missed the boat on that one.

maxpower
08-25-2004, 11:39 PM
After having the dome built...the city showed a lack of initiative in trying very hard to go after a team. When the dome was built it was considered a viable stadium. That is when the city should have tried it's hardest.

SequSpur
08-26-2004, 12:24 AM
San Antonio just plain sucks.

T Park Num 9
08-26-2004, 03:12 AM
They would support a tax hike to help a bum on the street that wont work, BUT,

to build or renovate something that would envigorate an area?

Screw that.

WriterNum934
08-26-2004, 05:33 AM
Here's the deal.

We need to improve our schools.

From grades K-12 and then are colleges and Universities.

Then and only then will we be able to get corporations to relocate to SA and make this their base of operations.

That then translates to better jobs, better incomes, better sponsorships, and better chance for more pro sports.

It's going to start with our schools.

Get that literacy number higher, those TASK tester scores higher, better SAT scores citywide, decrease drop out rate, higher, better enrollment at the local universities and community colleges.

Instead of South San High School students spending 40 years trying to get a damn bookstore to the Southside, they should first get the residents of the Southside to read… better… hell just read. Then when they get good paying jobs and the logical economic numbers are there, Barnes ‘n’ Nobles and Borders will be lining up Military Dr. and Southcross Blvd. and those other unknown Southside streets that are currently home to run down bars and gas stations.

Blood Dong
08-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Well, good luck with all that!! This city will always agree to disagree it seems.