PDA

View Full Version : Video game question for ol' skool gamers

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-03-2005, 05:23 PM
I need someone to help me out.

Years ago there was this arcade game that was similar to Asteroids that two people could play simultaneously. There was a green ship and a red ship and they were joined together by what I guess was supposed to be an energy beam. Together you'd shoot asteroids and enemy ships, etc. It was kind of fun because you'd have to work together to maneuver your ships and stay alive.

My little brother and I used to play it all the time. I think the name was Space Wars or something like that.

I am hoping to find one to put in my game room and can't seem to locate one.

Does anyone else remember this game? Am I even looking for the right title?

Any help is gwately apweciated.

ALVAREZ6
05-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I probably wasn't born when you and your brother were playing it....

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-03-2005, 05:58 PM
I probably wasn't born when you and your brother were playing it....

I probably should have titled the thread "VERY ol' skool gamers"! :lol

This game was HOT in 1976 or so.

I'm getting old.

Mr Dio
05-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Don't 'member that one but anyone seen a Star Castle game lately? If so, where?

Gerryatrics
05-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Reasonably sure you're talking about Space Duel. Space Wars was black and white and didn't have Co-Op. Take a look and let me know if that's the one.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9647

exstatic
05-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Horry's two dagger treys in game 3 after K-Mart trash talked him.

Experiment2100
05-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Horry's two dagger treys in game 3 after K-Mart trash talked him.

????????

nickbroken
05-03-2005, 08:55 PM
up up down down left right left right BABA select start

Gerryatrics
05-03-2005, 09:09 PM
It's Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

The Konami Code. Respect.

Shelly
05-03-2005, 09:11 PM
You're an old fart, chopper boy.

And yet, you're still younger than me :(

I suck at Pong.

nickbroken
05-03-2005, 09:15 PM
It's Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

The Konami Code. Respect.

no its up up down down left right left right ba ba select start trust me fool i am the contra hackmaster all must bow! :elephant

nickbroken
05-03-2005, 09:16 PM
You're an old fart, chopper boy.

And yet, you're still younger than me :(

I suck at Pong.

Ya know Pong is still more fun then a lot of games out today. :lol

Shelly
05-03-2005, 09:24 PM
This is true!

I was playing Kingdom Hearts with my youngest. I had to go out and by the cheat book. I still haven't finished that stupid game.

Gerryatrics
05-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Pressing select while entering the code in Contra just changes the cursor to 2 player. I have no idea what the extra "B A" does. But the Konami Code is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. Educate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

Bandit2981
05-03-2005, 09:42 PM
http://www.arcade-equipment.com/qbert-side-lg.jpg

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Space Duel!!!

Gerryatrics, you're a genius. The only thing that doesn't compute is that website said the game was released in 1982. I could have sworn I was younger when I played that game. But that's it.

I MUST OWN IT!

IceColdBrewski
05-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Space Duel wasn't too popular in my neck of the woods back then. I had plenty of "flight time" with Galaga and Defender though.

Drachen
05-03-2005, 11:06 PM
yeah it was only one BA

select changed it to two players

a newer one, anyone remember
abacabb?

nickbroken
05-04-2005, 03:17 AM
hmm always did ba ba select start, but always did two player mode, dunno why we did the extra ba just habit.

Gerryatrics
05-04-2005, 06:10 AM
Glad that's the right one Ed Helicopter Jones. The date threw me off too, until I remembered there weren't exactly a whole lot of color arcade games in the mid-70's. Galaxian was the first full color arcade game and that came out in 1979. The game's copyright is 1982, so it had to have been the early 80's. (I don't remember any of this personally, I wasn't even in existence back in 82, just looked it up.)

I did a little bit of research about buying arcade cabinets a while back when I was putting together a list of arcade and pinball machines I would put in my own game room when I became rich and bought a nice little mansion. The rich thing never panned out, so I forgot most of what I learned. But if you're serious about finding the game I can do a little research and brush up, see if I can help you find some deals or at least some leads.