PDA

View Full Version : OU's incredibly talented former QB

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2005, 06:06 PM
-Cant_Be_Faded (AP)

Jason White got his ugly ass kicked out of rookie camp today after trying him out for 3 days.

Apparently when real professional coaches witnessed him play they decided "Hey this guy blows---i mean really blows. Shoulda stayed in college another year boy."

White's effectiveness was dramatically decreased when he didn't have the best blockers in the league and the opposing defenses were greater in every way.

samikeyp
05-03-2005, 06:13 PM
same with Josh Heupel and Nate Hybl. Although I think Heupel stuck as a backup for a season or two.

Mr Dio
05-03-2005, 06:30 PM
ou's system has showcased the offense lately but seem to be bringing back the RB in a major role..What school wouldn't w/AP? I will say it now, I'm not an ou fan BUT everyone must know that AP won't have the type of yr he did last yr w/o those WRs.

scott
05-03-2005, 07:56 PM
White was a good college QB who had the benefit of playing for a genius of a coach. This wasn't unexpected.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2005, 08:04 PM
yeah plus when the gods grant you 4 extra college seasons, they have to make you pay in one way or another

AP is not going to have a season like this one, theres no way. Hes not going to get any faster....and he wont have JW and the receivers and not as good of a line either

i think this is texas' year

scott
05-03-2005, 08:09 PM
yeah plus when the gods grant you 4 extra college seasons, they have to make you pay in one way or another

AP is not going to have a season like this one, theres no way. Hes not going to get any faster....and he wont have JW and the receivers and not as good of a line either

i think this is texas' year

Do you think Stoops hasn't bothered to recruit anyone in the last 2-3 years?

It will be Texas' year when either, or probably both of the following happen:

Mack Quits, Stoops goes Pro.

Texas lost their best offensive player and their best defensive player. Now they are left with... a QB who can't throw... good luck with that.

jalbre6
05-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Do you think Stoops hasn't bothered to recruit anyone in the last 2-3 years?

It will be Texas' year when either, or probably both of the following happen:

Mack Quits, Stoops goes Pro.

Texas lost their best offensive player and their best defensive player. Now they are left with... a QB who can't throw... good luck with that.

Oh boy. Scotty, are you an OU guy?

Stoops won't go anywhere for a long time. Unless someone throws a Saban-like deal at him, he's going to keep his ass in Norman.

Mack will get fired before he quits.

If you think Cedric was a bigger threat than VY, you didn't watch many UT games last season. Which is cool if you're an OU fan. :lol (I don't think he can throw worth a damn either, for what that's worth)

But OU lost much much more than UT did. Jammal Brown, OT. Mark Clayton, WR. Brodney Pool, S. Mark Bradley, WR. Dan Cody, DE. Brandon Jones, WR. Antonio Perkins, CB.Donte Nicholson, S. Lance Mitchell, LB. Wes Sims, OL. Jason White, QB.

The window is open in '05 for defeating the Evil Empire.

jalbre6
05-04-2005, 07:23 PM
oklahoma sucks.

I can't argue with that.

Time for some Oklahoma jokes!!

Q: What's the most popular pick-up line in Oklahoma?
A: "Hey, you don't sweat much for a fat broad."

Q: How do you know when your staying in an Oklahoma hotel?
A: When you call the front desk and say "I've gotta leak in my sink" and the person at the front desk says "go ahead."

Q: What does a tornado and a divorce in Oklahoma have in common?
A: Someone is gonna lose a trailer!

Q: How do they practice "SAFE SEX" in Oklahoma?
A: They paint a red "X" on the cows that kick.

Q: What does a girl from Oklahoma say while she's having sex?
A: Roll over Dad; you're crushing my cigarettes!

Q: Did you hear that they have raised the minimum drinking age in Oklahoma to 32?
A: It seems that they want to keep alcohol out of the high schools!

A young Oklahoma teenage boy and his younger sister went to see the country doctor. The boy said "Doc, I think we need to get sis some of them there birth control pills". Incredulous, the doctor asked, "Why? Is she sexually active?" The boy thought for a moment, then replied, "Naw, she just lays there like her Mom."

Q: Do you know why all the license plates in Oklahoma have, "Oklahoma is OK" on them?
A: Because theres no one in Oklahoma smart enough to spell mediocre!

scott
05-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Oh boy. Scotty, are you an OU guy?

Stoops won't go anywhere for a long time. Unless someone throws a Saban-like deal at him, he's going to keep his ass in Norman.

Mack will get fired before he quits.

If you think Cedric was a bigger threat than VY, you didn't watch many UT games last season. Which is cool if you're an OU fan. :lol (I don't think he can throw worth a damn either, for what that's worth)

But OU lost much much more than UT did. Jammal Brown, OT. Mark Clayton, WR. Brodney Pool, S. Mark Bradley, WR. Dan Cody, DE. Brandon Jones, WR. Antonio Perkins, CB.Donte Nicholson, S. Lance Mitchell, LB. Wes Sims, OL. Jason White, QB.

We lose more than Texas does every year... because we are consistently better - that is just the way it works. Yet, we have still managed to stay on top by an average margin of what... 30 points?

samikeyp
05-06-2005, 05:05 PM
hold everything. White got signed by Tennessee.

Mr Dio
05-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Will most likely get released before season starts

Horry For 3!
06-23-2005, 05:38 PM
haha I was at the Texas vs Baylor game when Benson passed up Campbell in UT all-time rushing yards. The week before the UT-OU game. We were all yelling Fuck OU! and OU Sucks! It was great :)

Horry For 3!
06-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Its time for Texas to beat Oklahoma, Fuck OU!

scott
06-24-2005, 12:21 AM
haha I was at the Texas vs Baylor game when Benson passed up Campbell in UT all-time rushing yards. The week before the UT-OU game. We were all yelling Fuck OU! and OU Sucks! It was great :)

Sweet, that was right before a true freshman put up 230 yards on you and Benson was held to under 100 yet again?

Horry For 3!
06-24-2005, 04:42 AM
Yeah but Adrian Peterson isn't just some true freshman. He was the best running back in the nation in his Senior year. He is the only one who beat UT everyone else on OU sucked. Its Texas' year this year! Go Longhorns!

Uncle_Rico
06-24-2005, 09:31 PM
screw ou. stoops aint shit with out his brother and mangino. they are done. ou, please it's just the texas terrritory that applied for statehood.

Louae
07-13-2005, 11:32 AM

It's a shame that we couldn't have beaten them when they were at their best. We have to wait until their talent drops before we can beat our chests after a hollow victory that hasn't even arrived. Am I the only rational Texas fan here?

Duff McCartney
07-13-2005, 12:39 PM
I think you're the only rational Texas fan in existence.

HB22inSA
07-19-2005, 07:45 AM
He'd play alot better if they dressed the defense in Texas Jerseys.

:lol

samikeyp
07-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Am I the only rational Texas fan here?

no...there are a smattering of us. :)

Mr Dio
07-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Depends, by rational do you mean part-time & a bend over @ 1st sign of trouble?

I've seen a few that call themselves fans but their actions/words are comparable to that of a dog kicked in the nuts & running off with the tail between the hind legs.

I'm definitely not one of those "fans."

jalbre6
07-20-2005, 01:25 AM
It's a shame that we couldn't have beaten them when they were at their best. We have to wait until their talent drops before we can beat our chests after a hollow victory that hasn't even arrived. Am I the only rational Texas fan here?

I don't get this. I'm just as pissed as the next guy that Texas couldn't take care of business against OU for the last few seasons. There's no excuse for any of the last few Texas teams to not clear this hurdle, and even less for the 2005 edition.

Rational is listing the players leaving Norman and showing kinks in the Sooners armor, I thought. One of my favorite things about college football is that sooner or later, eligibility is exhausted and new faces are forced to step up. Let's see if Bomar can do more than hand the ball off to A-Pete, and if any of the young OU wideouts can step up. If they can, I might be bitching again in October.

Louae
07-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Depends, by rational do you mean part-time & a bend over @ 1st sign of trouble?

I've seen a few that call themselves fans but their actions/words are comparable to that of a dog kicked in the nuts & running off with the tail between the hind legs.

I'm definitely not one of those "fans."

I haven't gone anywhere knuckle-head. I'm just not a knuckle head like yourself who chants "OU SUCKS" after our team has gotten kicked in the teeth for the fifth time in a row by OU. That type of fan disgusts me. And believe me. Living in Austin, you see a ton of those type of fans. Usually the "part-time & bend over @ 1st sign of trouble" fan are one in the same breath. I hate people that talk shit over nothing. And that's what you've been doing. It's bullshit. That's all you've been giving.

Louae
07-20-2005, 04:20 PM
I don't get this. I'm just as pissed as the next guy that Texas couldn't take care of business against OU for the last few seasons. There's no excuse for any of the last few Texas teams to not clear this hurdle, and even less for the 2005 edition.

Rational is listing the players leaving Norman and showing kinks in the Sooners armor, I thought. One of my favorite things about college football is that sooner or later, eligibility is exhausted and new faces are forced to step up. Let's see if Bomar can do more than hand the ball off to A-Pete, and if any of the young OU wideouts can step up. If they can, I might be bitching again in October.

It's simple to understand. I hate it when some UT fans say, "we're gonna kick your ass this year b/c we're loaded and all you're talent has graduated or turned pro." That type of smack turns me off. To me, there's no satisfaction in defeating a sub-par team. Over the last five years, OU has been one of the best teams in the nation. And year after year, we've lost to them. The year we beat them, I want it to be against an OU team that is still one of the best in the nation. That's the only time you'll see me talking smack about winning that game. If they suck or are less than what they've been the last five years, I'm not gonna be happy enough about it to talk smack. And if I can't talk smack about the victory. It rings kind of hollow.

Mr Dio
07-20-2005, 04:59 PM
I haven't gone anywhere knuckle-head

So being rational is thinking everyone is talking about you?
You're an I-D-I-O-T.
I can admit UT lost the past 5 to ou. Guess what?, I still think ou will lose this yr.

An apology from you would be something to great to get because only an adult will recognize that I didn't "name call", I asked a valid question. You are the typical Austinite who thinks they are Holier Tha Thou & their shit doesn't stink. Your post(s) smell like shit son!

Louae
07-21-2005, 09:13 AM
So being rational is thinking everyone is talking about you?
You're an I-D-I-O-T.

You lost me there, sport. Next time you post, try to clarify the point you're trying to make b/c that portion of your post is :blah.

I can admit UT lost the past 5 to ou.

Well, I should hope so considering that it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Guess what?, I still think ou will lose this yr.

Oh, I remember your point of view as you've so eloquently explained in other threads. It's just in the manner that you've done it that pisses me off. Especially under the circumstances. If you want to talk shit, FINE. Anybody can talk shit. But you're an idiot for beating your chest about UT finally beating OU this year when you think their talent is dropping and they won't be as strong as an opponent. That, in my opinion, is a hollow victory. But go ahead and pound your chest over nothing. You certainly won't be alone if it happens.

An apology from you would be something to great to get because only an adult will recognize that I didn't "name call", I asked a valid question. !

Maybe not in this thread, but you have in other threads. And when you posted, your post was a jab to me. Indirect or direct, it was a jab, none the less.

You are the typical Austinite who thinks they are Holier Tha Thou & their shit doesn't stink. Your post(s) smell like shit son!

I've lived there the past five years. But I was born and raised in San Antonio. That "Holier Tha Thou & Their Shit Doesn't Stink" attitude doesn't apply to me. But you're living proof that coming from Austin isn't a requirement to having that type of attitude.

Mr Dio
07-21-2005, 04:46 PM
It's just in the manner that you've done it that pisses me off. Especially under the circumstances.

Maybe not in this thread, but you have in other threads. And when you posted, your post was a jab to me. Indirect or direct, it was a jab, none the less.

Oh well, who would want to piss you off bitch? Knowing how much we all fear your lame ass? Is that direct enough girlfriend? :lol
You're still a ass & I love that I pissed you off.
:elephant :elephant :elephant

Louae
07-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Oh well, who would want to piss you off bitch? Knowing how much we all fear your lame ass? Is that direct enough girlfriend? :lol
You're still a ass & I love that I pissed you off.
:elephant :elephant :elephant

:rolleyes

Ignorance is Bliss.

Mr Dio
07-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Ignorance is Bliss

Then you are one happy bitch huh girl? :lol

Louae
07-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Then you are one happy bitch huh girl? :lol

:blah

Mr Dio
07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Ahhh, did I upset the little :princess ? :lol

Louae
07-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Ahhh, did I upset the little :princess ? :lol

Only in your own mind.

Mr Dio
07-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Naahhhh, I still smell your pubes burning from that reaming you received.

Louae
07-29-2005, 11:23 AM
Naahhhh, I still smell your pubes burning from that reaming you received.

What you're smelling is the peace pipe you've been :smokin . You're crazy if you think you've given me a reaming. Just to make it easy for you, I'll point out the time when you were :owned . I understand you're not working with a full deck. Look at post #28. That's when you told me that you finished.

After that, all I read was :blah .

Mr Dio
07-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Ahhhh, you stil hanging around cuz you're pissed sweetie??????

How precious, playing with you ladies is so fun!

j-6
08-11-2005, 03:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2131507

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former Heisman Trophy winner Jason White ended his professional career Thursday, citing his weak knees.

White, 31, who had been competing for third quarterback with the Tennessee Titans, said he has the head and heart to play in the NFL. He doesn't have the knees.

"It's always been a dream of mine, but certain things won't allow me to chase that dream," White said. "It's kind of out of my hands at this point."

White won the Heisman Trophy in 2003 and led Oklahoma to back-to-back BCS title games. He also won the Davey O'Brien award twice and the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm title and is Oklahoma's career passing leader with 7,922 yards and in touchdown passes with 81.

His career at Oklahoma lasted thirteen years because of reconstructive surgery on each knee. He was redshirted after the first one in 1999, then earned a medical exemption for an extra year of eligibility after the second in 2002.

White joined the Titans in May as an undrafted rookie after an audition with the Kansas City Chiefs did not lead to a contract offer.

He said he was still feeling the effects of the knee surgeries.

"I always had trouble, even in the summer, dropping back when practice wasn't every day," he said. "Now that practice was every day it got to the point where one of my knees was super sore, so I started favoring it with the other one. Then the other one started hurting. I took a couple of days off this week and it hasn't really changed."

He said he informed coach Jeff Fisher of his decision Wednesday night.

"I stuck it out as long as I could," White said. "I just came to a point where it took me four seconds to drop back on a five-step drop. By that time, I'm sacked."

Fisher said White's numbers prove that he was able to move offenses and win games.

"You don't necessarily, at that position, have to be the most athletic or the most gifted or have the strongest arm. You have to move an offense and you have to have the intangibles, and that's what he's had, and that's what he's proven in a great college career," Fisher said.

White had split time equally with Gino Guidugli of Cincinnati and Shane Boyd of Kentucky, but was held back in recent days when the pain in his knees increased.

He planned to return home to Tuttle, Okla., by Thursday night and plans to pursue jobs as a football coach next week.

"Sometimes I think that you have to swallow your pride a little bit and know when you're done," he said.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops found out about White's retirement following the Sooners' morning practice Thursday.

"Jason knows what's best for him," Stoops said. "If that's what he has to do, he's had an incredible career here."

After his second knee surgery, White had to take days off between practices. But before last season, he was back to working out every day without problems. He then made it through the entire season without injury problems.

Stoops thinks White, who has a degree in sociology, will be a great coach.

"I'm sure possibly all the extra work probably could be bothersome to him healthwise, and he just decided he wants to move on," Stoops said. "Good for him. He'll have a successful career in whatever he does."

Willinsa
08-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I guess when you are in college for 12 years like mr trailer park trash White your knees might not be in the best condition.

:lol