PDA

View Full Version : Hornets officially eliminated

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Is it time to blow this team up? Chandler was traded in the offseason. Should CP3/West/Peja all be traded this offseason and build around Collison, Thornton, the lottery pick, Okafor, and the various picks and players acquired in such trades?

redzero
03-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Chris Paul shouldn't be traded. West, Stojakovic and Okafor should.

Shastafarian
03-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Out of curiousness I went to NBADraft.net to see who New Orleans might pick in the 1st. They have NOLA taking Eric Bledsoe from Kentucky. :lol Why would you guys take another PG? The Hornets have good young talent they just need to mature and set up the chemistry so the team flows better. Getting rid of West and/or Okafor would help.

Darthkiller
03-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Out of curiousness I went to NBADraft.net to see who New Orleans might pick in the 1st. They have NOLA taking Eric Bledsoe from Kentucky. :lol Why would you guys take another PG? The Hornets have good young talent they just need to mature and set up the chemistry so the team flows better. Getting rid of West and/or Okafor would help.

dudes the mock drafts arent made by needs yet, they simply ranks the prospects.

tlongII
03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
That was a curb-stomping we put on the Hornets. :smokin

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 09:50 PM

Yeah, the effort defenisively was disappointing. Seems we didn't put much pressure and Portland were very comfortable offensively.

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Chris Paul shouldn't be traded. West, Stojakovic and Okafor should.

Okafor will not be traded unless CP3 or Collison is involved in the deal.

Dex
03-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Tough luck, Hornets fans. Better luck next season.

Now thank you kindly for getting out of the way. :tu

Chieflion
03-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Good luck, if everything falls your way, Xavier Henry would be drafted by the Hornets.

DJ Mbenga
03-27-2010, 10:31 PM
how can they blow it up if the only player people want is paul or west? unless they are willing to start from scratch they are screwed

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 10:35 PM
how can they blow it up if the only player people want is paul or west? unless they are willing to start from scratch they are screwed

That's the point. Do you trade West and CP3 along with Peja's expiring 16 million contract and basically start over with Collison, Thornton, lottery pick, etc.

Ghazi
03-27-2010, 11:02 PM
derrick rose, kevin durant, lebron james, dwight howard and the rest of the next generation superstars are shaking in their boots at a collison/thornton core.

crofl hornets

dirk4mvp
03-27-2010, 11:23 PM
lmao Okafor

lmao thinking he was an upgrade over Chandler

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 11:24 PM
derrick rose, kevin durant, lebron james, dwight howard and the rest of the next generation superstars are shaking in their boots at a collison/thornton core.

crofl hornets

I never said that was the core. Just saying they can add good players by trading CP3, West, and Peja's 16 million expiring contract.

BTW Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose aren't superstars. Rose isn't half as good as CP3. Honestly.

BRHornet45
03-27-2010, 11:26 PM
oh sons here we go with the Paul trade ideas again ... my God

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 11:26 PM
lmao Okafor

No one said he was better. Tyson had a degenerative foot condition and the Hornets were trying to get under the luxury tax which they did. Okafor's played every game this season while Tyson has missed alot of games the last two seasons. Okafor's putting up decent numbers, but he's undersized at center and probably is better off at PF.

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 11:28 PM
oh sons here we go with the Paul trade ideas again ... my God

Team won't ever win with this roster. Time to blow it up. Keep CP3 perhaps, but trade West and Peja. Still hard for a team to win with a PG as their best player unless he's 6'9 (Magic).

BTW, Collison was 10-10 from the field tonight.

BRHornet45
03-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Team won't ever win with this roster. Time to blow it up. Keep CP3 perhaps, but trade West and Peja. Still hard for a team to win with a PG as their best player unless he's 6'9 (Magic).

BTW, Collison was 10-10 from the field tonight.

son right now NO ONE in their right mind will take Peja and his $15.5 million salary next year. We will only be able to trade him, and mark my words, at the trade deadline next season to another playoff contending team who will need a 3 point shooter from the bench.

As far as West goes, I have said this many times before that we missed our opportunity to trade him a long time ago. We should have traded him after last season while his trade value was still very high (28 years old, 2 CHEAP years left on his contract, coming off of back to back All Star appearances, etc.) ... instead, cheap ass George Shinn felt it was necessary to keep West because of his owner friendly contract. Now we are stuck with him.

Findog
03-27-2010, 11:47 PM
better luck next year bees.

Pelicans78
03-27-2010, 11:52 PM
son right now NO ONE in their right mind will take Peja and his $15.5 million salary next year. We will only be able to trade him, and mark my words, at the trade deadline next season to another playoff contending team who will need a 3 point shooter from the bench.

As far as West goes, I have said this many times before that we missed our opportunity to trade him a long time ago. We should have traded him after last season while his trade value was still very high (28 years old, 2 CHEAP years left on his contract, coming off of back to back All Star appearances, etc.) ... instead, cheap ass George Shinn felt it was necessary to keep West because of his owner friendly contract. Now we are stuck with him.

Peja has a 16 million expiring contract. Some teams looking to dump salary will have interest.

West can opt of out his contract after next season as well. Mo-Pete's 7 million will be coming off the books too plus Julian's 3.5 million. That's basically 35 million potentially coming off the books. And if the lockout leads to a hard salary cap, that would help the Hornets as well.

redzero
03-27-2010, 11:54 PM
lmao Okafor

Yeah, Chandler's really tearing it up in Charlotte.

dirk4mvp
03-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah, Chandler's really tearing it up in Charlotte.

Try to justify if all you want.

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 12:02 AM

The Hornets would be a worse team if the trade didn't happen. Chandler would have missed too many games and the team would have been forced to keep Hilton Armstrong and start him. Okafor has played every game giving the team 10 points, 9 boards every game. Not great, but more than what Chandler would have given them. A healthy Chandler is better than Okafor, but Chandler will probably never be healthy again.

BRHornet45
03-28-2010, 12:15 AM
I would rather have Chandler than Okafor. even if he only played in half of the games this year he would still be better. Okafor is the biggest piece of crap I have ever seen in a Hornets uniform ... and yes that is counting Melvin Ely

03-28-2010, 12:16 AM
a lot of teams will be interested in collison so he can be packaged with peja's expiring for a nice player or with okafor's behemoth contract for an expiring.

BRHornet45
03-28-2010, 12:18 AM
trade anyone and everyone but Paul and Thornton. the rest of the trash needs to be picked up by the sanitation department.

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 12:20 AM
I would rather have Chandler than Okafor. even if he only played in half of the games this year he would still be better. Okafor is the biggest piece of crap I have ever seen in a Hornets uniform ... and yes that is counting Melvin Ely

He is a piece of crap, but the team would have been worse this season. Still, considering his contract, the team was better off just keep Chandler's contract. Okafor's contract is horrible. He's below average offensively and undersized defensively.

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Aaron Gray should be the starting center IMO.

BRHornet45
03-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Aaron Gray should be the starting center IMO.

as pathetic as it sounds, I guarantee you that Grey would do a better job than Okafor if he was given the starting job.

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 12:24 AM
as pathetic as it sounds, I guarantee you that Grey would do a better job than Okafor if he was given the starting job.

He would defend better, clog the lane, and block out better. Yeah he's out of shape, but he's still producing in his limited minutes.

HornetLoveJones
03-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Trade cp

fevertrees
03-28-2010, 12:26 AM
one season flukes lol

BRHornet45
03-28-2010, 12:27 AM
He would defend better, clog the lane, and block out better. Yeah he's out of shape, but he's still producing in his limited minutes.

son just because Grey is a white man doesn't mean he is out of shape. its natural for white people to look out of place when playing basketball.

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 12:30 AM
son just because Grey is a white man doesn't mean he is out of shape. its natural for white people to look out of place when playing basketball.

You might be right, but he definitely could use some tone on those arms of his.

He had 6 boards in 9 minutes compared to Okafor's 5 boards in 20+ minutes. Also, how clumsy does Okafor look on the floor?

fevertrees
03-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Bower needs to just start the bench now every game instead of the normal starters. West and Okafor is a shitty frontcourt defensively lol

BRHornet45
03-28-2010, 12:34 AM
You might be right, but he definitely could use some tone on those arms of his.

He had 6 boards in 9 minutes compared to Okafor's 5 boards in 20+ minutes. Also, how clumsy does Okafor look on the floor?

Okafor get's posterized every single game. he also air balls a free throw every game now. the dude just flat out sucks. yet another horrible, long term contract we are stuck with.

BRHornet45
03-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Bower needs to just start the bench now every game instead of the normal starters. West and Okafor is a shitty frontcourt defensively lol

I haven't seen David West play defense since 2008

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 12:41 AM
I haven't seen David West play defense since 2008

West was used to Tyson watching his back. I miss a healthy Chandler. We went from being a top 10 defense the last two seasons to a bottom ten defense this season. Tyson hid everyone's flaws on defense the last two season especially Peja, West, and even CP3.

redzero
03-28-2010, 01:15 AM

Have you been paying attention to Chandler's last two seasons at all?

lefty
03-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Man they are better without CP3

Invest on Thornton and Collison

Trade CP3 for a legit big man

phyzik
03-28-2010, 01:24 AM

Sometimes you just have to enjoy the smaller victories in life.

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 01:59 AM

Invest on Thornton and Collison

Trade CP3 for a legit big man

Andrew Bynum.

21_Blessings
03-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Andrew Bynum.

:toast You can have Pau

Girasuck
03-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Andrew Bynum.

Exactly. Not sure how the numbers match but I bet there would be interest on both sides of a CP3 & Peja/West for Bynum, Odom, and another filler.

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Exactly. Not sure how the numbers match but I bet there would be interest on both sides of a CP3 & Peja/West for Bynum, Odom, and another filler.

I think CP3 for Bynum could happen by itself or even Collison/Okafor for Bynum.

The TroutBum
03-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Haha, here's hoping you have another abortion next year, and the year after that, annnnd the year after that. This is what happens when you have an inferior PG running your show.

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Haha, here's hoping you have another abortion next year, and the year after that, annnnd the year after that. This is what happens when you have an inferior PG running your show.

LOL 22 punches in 21 seconds before the ref stopping the fight.

stéphane
03-28-2010, 10:30 AM
That's pretty crazy to think some hornets fans are willing to trade Chris Paul...

redzero
03-28-2010, 10:38 AM

Looks like you need a new avatar, cockfag. Your boyfriend took a pounding last night.

redzero
03-28-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.fightlinker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/14b4aic.jpg.gif

TimDunkem
03-28-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.fightlinker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/14b4aic.jpg.gif
:rollin

Hornets1
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
That's pretty crazy to think some hornets fans are willing to trade Chris Paul...

I agree. Trade collison and West. Both have great value. West's contract was ranked the best contract in the NBA(value-wise) and collison speaks for himself. We need a legit big-man so that we can move Okafor to the four spot

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 03:24 PM

They're 22-19 with CP3 and 12-21 without him, how is that better without CP3?

The TroutBum
03-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Vintage Hornet Fan replies.

"Hurry, avoid the fact that he owns us in every aspect of life, our team sucks ass hole for lunch, and we made a mistake taking C-Pee-Fail. Make fun of a fighter he likes! Boo ya."

or

"Haha, Mormons and/or White people! LOL, ROFL, CROFL, etc."

You butt fucks need a new schtick. Enjoy the off-season.

mogrovejo
03-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Rebuild around Paul, but this time with more intelligence. Trade West+Collison for talent, try to dump Okafor & Posey. Don't sign mid-level players with long-contracts. Give a step back next season if needed.

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Would be a mistake to trade Collison right now. CP3 is coming off knee surgery and only has two more years left on his contract. He could easily bolt for another team while Collison will still be cheap for another 3 seasons. Also, the team may just let all the contracts expire at the end of next season and see what happens after the lockout.

fevertrees
03-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Chris Paul is the reason basketball is still in New Orleans, and some fans now want to trade him? lol no player is going to want to sign for a shitty cheapskate franchise like New Orleans if Paul isn't on the team..

cobbler
03-29-2010, 12:45 AM
They're 22-19 with CP3 and 12-21 without him, how is that better without CP3?

Clearly, the numbers have nothing to do with it! :lol

Lars
03-29-2010, 12:59 AM
I think they should trade CP3 while his value is at its peak for rebuilding pieces. Its hard to justify max money for a team not in the playoffs. He is a fantastic player but its hard to build a championship caliber team around a PG.

peteee
03-29-2010, 01:16 AM

It was truly a sore mistake not to sell West while his value was high, but that ain't the worst biggest they've misdone anyway. Clearly the biggest mistake they had made in the past multiple years was obtaining Okafor at the cost of the sexist NBA player of all time.