PDA

View Full Version : Manu plays better without Tony?

LaEliza
03-27-2010, 09:56 PM
I dont want a war Manu against Tony here, but i just cant avoid ask: when Tony doesnt play Manu's stats are good, and his game too.
But when Manu is injured, does Tony step up?
I think everyone now is happy about Manu's play, and they think that if Tony play tomorrow the spurs will kill their opponents.
I would like to know how you feel about this

itzsoweezee
03-27-2010, 09:59 PM
they won three championships together. if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Dex
03-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Sometimes, it just breaks down to shot attempts and the fact that there is only one ball.

Look at last season when Manu went down, and Tony Parker had to take over the scoring load. He and Duncan split the majority of the shot attempts and that, combined with a strong field goal percentage, made for a spectacular season for Parker.

This season has been almost like a carbon copy. Tony Parker goes down, and now Manu Ginobili is healthy and functioning as the focal point of the offense. When you get more shots, you score more points.

If the Big Three were to not be available tomorrow, George Hill or Richard Jefferson or someone would likely go for 30. But they wouldn't do it nearly as efficiently or consistently as Tim, Tony, or Manu can. They might need 30 shots to do it.

Kori Ellis
03-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I dont want a war Manu against Tony here, but i just cant avoid ask: when Tony doesnt play Manu's stats are good, and his game too.
But when Manu is injured, does Tony step up?

Your questioning whether Tony steps up with Manu out? Did you miss last season?

And sure, you don't want a Tony vs Manu war here. :rolleyes.