PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota

Biggems
03-27-2010, 10:11 PM
do they really have 6 draft picks this year? I was looking at NBADraft.net, and I saw the Tpups with 3 first rounders and 3 second rounders. They are in a great position to possibly get the top pick in the draft.

if they indeed have 6 picks, I expect a lot of wheeling and dealing from them...either that or, if they draft well, they could be pretty darn good in 2-3 years.

Darthkiller
03-27-2010, 11:03 PM
they need to trade rubio's right asap before the value goes down in the drain

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-27-2010, 11:24 PM
do they really have 6 draft picks this year? I was looking at NBADraft.net, and I saw the Tpups with 3 first rounders and 3 second rounders. They are in a great position to possibly get the top pick in the draft.

if they indeed have 6 picks, I expect a lot of wheeling and dealing from them...either that or, if they draft well, they could be pretty darn good in 2-3 years.

:lmao

Yeah, but that's the problem, isn't it? They took Flynn over Jennings, Collison and Lawson (or Rubio), then doubled the damage with Rubio over Curry. Oh, and they drafted Lawson and shipped him to Denver! Kahn is a chump.

they need to trade rubio's right asap before the value goes down in the drain

Mark my words, the Fakers will trade for the rights to Rubio and bring him over in 2012, b which time he will have found his game. Remember, the kid is only 19).

Biggems
03-28-2010, 08:47 AM
:lmao

Yeah, but that's the problem, isn't it? They took Flynn over Jennings, Collison and Lawson (or Rubio), then doubled the damage with Rubio over Curry. Oh, and they drafted Lawson and shipped him to Denver! Kahn is a chump.

Mark my words, the Fakers will trade for the rights to Rubio and bring him over in 2012, b which time he will have found his game. Remember, the kid is only 19).

So what you are saying is they should have taken Jennings, Lawson, and Curry?

Well according to NBADraft.net, they take the following players

2) SG Evan Turner - tOSU
16) PF/C Larry Sanders - VCU
25) SF Stanley Robinson - UConn
32) G Greivis Vasquez - Maryland
43) G Alexey Shved - Russia
47) SF Marquis Gilstrap -Iowa St.

I feel the top 4 are great picks, though something tells me Wesley Johnson might be a better option than Evan Turner, but time will tell. I dont really care for the last two picks. I am surprised they only have 1 big in the draft, instead of at least 2.

Biggems
03-28-2010, 09:11 AM
I say keep the first 4 but take F Tim Olbrecht and C Dexter Pittman instead of the last two they chose. Olbrecht is in the mold of a Dirk Nowitzki with his style of game. Pittman would be a huge body down low for defense, rebounding, shotblocking, and actually has a nice little game in the paint....even though Barnes was too stupid to utilize it at Texas.

Then based on the salaries they have going into next season, plus these 6 new draft picks, their roster would look like this:

C: Jefferson, Hollins, Pittman
PF: Love, Jawai, Sanders
SF: Gomes, Robinson, Olbrecht
SG: Brewer, Ellington, Turner
PG: Flynn, Sessions, Vasquez

draft picks in bold

IMHO, this lineup right here, destroys the current Tpups lineup. They would have size, length, athleticism, versatility, and depth at all 5 positions. They could go big or small, full court or half court, fast or slow tempo. They would also be pretty tough defensively.

JamStone
03-28-2010, 11:55 AM
They could improve from the draft but they should have done better last draft when they had three first rounders, including the #5 and #6 picks. I don't think Flynn was a bad choice. But I think they were trying to make a "smart" pick with Rubio and whether he ends up becoming a really good player in the NBA, they probably just outsmarted themselves. They would have probably been better off taking a player who could have at least likely helped them out this year, like DeRozen or Earl Clark or even Jordan Hill, even though those players might not be all that great, at least they would have been here and gotten some experience and a year of experience under their belt. Three point guards with three first round picks? It just didn't make sense, then or now. Then they traded that Lawson pick when they could have made a calculated gamble on a guy like Blair or Taj Gibson.

Having three first rounders is great. What a team does with them makes all the difference in the world, obviously. They'll likely have a top 5 pick to get a player who should be able to help right now. With their other two picks, projected around #16 and #25 right now, who knows? Once you get out of the high lottery, first rounders are just as likely to be role players or not even make it past their rookie contract.

I think if they get someone like Evan Turner or Wes Johnson with their first pick, that's enough to be a solid draft for them. The other two first rounders and their second rounders can make it a great draft for them but there's no guarantee of that.

I look back at the post Michael Jordan Bulls with all their high lottery picks year after year for 6 years, Elton Brand (1), Marcus Fizer (4), Jamal Crawford (8), Tyson Chandler (2), Eddy Curry (4), Jay Williams (2), Kirk Hinrich (7), Ben Gordon (3), Luol Deng (7), and still it only got them as a low playoff seed in the Eastern Conference only for them to slip back into the lottery three years later, which landed them Rose. Now, obviously misfortune and players not panning out really made the difference, but that's what the draft is. It's a gamble. Look at that, in six years, six top 4 lottery picks and they still never came close to being a real contender all these years later. You need some luck and you need to make the right calls when you have a really good chance to add good players. Even one bad high lottery draft pick can set you back. The Bulls made several. Now, Kevin Love looked to be a good pick, maybe Johnny Flynn will end up being one too. They need to hit on this next lottery pick. Their future still has a long way to go before you can reasonably say it's looking bright.

mogrovejo
03-28-2010, 05:21 PM
People who are saying it didn't make sense to take 2 PGs with their picks are aware that they didn't have a PG, right? I mean, they got Sessions later, but Sessions was a restricted FA. Considering that there was a high chance Rubio wouldn't come over immediately, what was the problem of drafting another PG? Geez, it's not like they have been having problems finding playing time for Flynn.

The problem was drafting a mediocre prospect like Flynn instead of Curry or Jennings, but it's not like other teams weren't high on Flynn - and the line of reasoning, draft the best player available, was the correct one.

And they didn't pick a 3rd PG, they traded the damn pick. It's amazing how people just keep parroting nonsensical stuff over and over just because it sounds good.

redzero
03-28-2010, 05:56 PM
That's a whole lotta point guards to draft.

DJ Mbenga
03-28-2010, 06:51 PM
they will get alot of pg's just not one of the best 5.

Biggems
03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
They could improve from the draft but they should have done better last draft when they had three first rounders, including the #5 and #6 picks. I don't think Flynn was a bad choice. But I think they were trying to make a "smart" pick with Rubio and whether he ends up becoming a really good player in the NBA, they probably just outsmarted themselves. They would have probably been better off taking a player who could have at least likely helped them out this year, like DeRozen or Earl Clark or even Jordan Hill, even though those players might not be all that great, at least they would have been here and gotten some experience and a year of experience under their belt. Three point guards with three first round picks? It just didn't make sense, then or now. Then they traded that Lawson pick when they could have made a calculated gamble on a guy like Blair or Taj Gibson.

Having three first rounders is great. What a team does with them makes all the difference in the world, obviously. They'll likely have a top 5 pick to get a player who should be able to help right now. With their other two picks, projected around #16 and #25 right now, who knows? Once you get out of the high lottery, first rounders are just as likely to be role players or not even make it past their rookie contract.

I think if they get someone like Evan Turner or Wes Johnson with their first pick, that's enough to be a solid draft for them. The other two first rounders and their second rounders can make it a great draft for them but there's no guarantee of that.

I look back at the post Michael Jordan Bulls with all their high lottery picks year after year for 6 years, Elton Brand (1), Marcus Fizer (4), Jamal Crawford (8), Tyson Chandler (2), Eddy Curry (4), Jay Williams (2), Kirk Hinrich (7), Ben Gordon (3), Luol Deng (7), and still it only got them as a low playoff seed in the Eastern Conference only for them to slip back into the lottery three years later, which landed them Rose. Now, obviously misfortune and players not panning out really made the difference, but that's what the draft is. It's a gamble. Look at that, in six years, six top 4 lottery picks and they still never came close to being a real contender all these years later. You need some luck and you need to make the right calls when you have a really good chance to add good players. Even one bad high lottery draft pick can set you back. The Bulls made several. Now, Kevin Love looked to be a good pick, maybe Johnny Flynn will end up being one too. They need to hit on this next lottery pick. Their future still has a long way to go before you can reasonably say it's looking bright.

I still shake my head at Marcus Fizer.....that was a horrible pick. All the rest were at least decent. Jay Williams didnt materialize cause of the motorcycle accident.

Donkeybong
03-28-2010, 11:02 PM
maybe la can work a trade for rubio