PDA

View Full Version : Mavs let the Warriors cut a 33 point lead to 21

Findog
03-27-2010, 11:43 PM
This is a very discouraging win and proves the Mavs don't have a killer instinct. Why can't they get teams down and keep them down?

mavsfan1000
03-27-2010, 11:44 PM
That will definitely hurt the mavs that Matt Carroll wasn't a better player in scrub time. You gotta drop them down after that.

Findog
03-27-2010, 11:46 PM
That will definitely hurt the mavs that Matt Carroll wasn't a better player in scrub time. You gotta drop them down after that.

Where is the angry mono rant about this game?

mavsluva
03-27-2010, 11:48 PM
It's extremely difficult to be perfect at all times.

Texas Chili Dog
03-27-2010, 11:52 PM

Billy Bob Thornton demands perfection.

mavsfan1000
03-27-2010, 11:53 PM
You get this is mocking Hollinger right?

redzero
03-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Billy Bob Thornton demands perfection.

Burt Reynolds does, too.

Trainwreck2100
03-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Burt Reynolds does, too.

so does kim cattrall

phyzik
03-28-2010, 01:22 AM
All-time NBA chokers.

monosylab1k
03-28-2010, 06:23 PM
CONGRATULATIONS DALLAS! YOU BEAT THE SECOND WORST TEAM IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

sorry my dick doesn't get hard over a win against a shitty team. If the team wins, to quote SpursDynasty "they're just beating a team they're supposed to beat". If they win but are forced to play Kidd/Dirk/Caron heavy minutes because they can't close out a team, they're underacheiving. If they lose, they're seriously underacheving and have some issues that need to be fixed immediately. Is it that hard to understand?

We'll see what happens Monday night. Playoff atmosphere, playoff intensity. Just like it was against Portland. tbh using this game as way to prove your point is pretty foolish imho.

If Dallas wins on Monday then I can admit I knee-jerked. If they lose, you better own up to the fact that this team is on a collision course towards a first round exit.

Ghazi
03-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Im calling this a MUST FUCKIN WIN.

and god DAMMIT the Nugs are lucky... the chokejob by the Raptors and VC left the game in the first 2 minutes with injury.

badfish22
03-28-2010, 06:31 PM
tbh everyone was crying that they never blew bad teams out just a few days ago.

monosylab1k
03-28-2010, 06:36 PM
tbh everyone was crying that they never blew bad teams out just a few days ago.

They blew out New York by 50 earlier in the season also. Just because they do it twice doesn't mean shit. There's a dozen or more examples where they failed to show killer instinct. If JJ Barea sucks ass a dozen times and then plays well one game, does it mean he's turned it around completely? Carlisle might say yes but nobody else with a fully functioning brain would ever come to that conclusion.

Ghazi
03-28-2010, 06:37 PM
My LORD this Nuggets game is huge.

my GOD.

Jesus CHRIST.

When a team beats you in 5 in the playoffs, then comes into your house on a b2b late in the season when you are WELL aware of the games implications and says "youre not getting the 2 seed", it means you just dont have "it".

My LORD the implications.

Jesus CHRIST!!!

monosylab1k
03-28-2010, 06:38 PM
especially considering Denver is on a b2b, losing is completely unacceptable. Granted it's a soft b2b since today's game isn't really a night game, but playing two days in a row is taxing no matter how you do it.

monosylab1k
03-28-2010, 06:39 PM
My LORD this Nuggets game is huge.

my GOD.

Jesus CHRIST.

When a team beats you in 5 in the playoffs, then comes into your house on a b2b late in the season when you are WELL aware of the games implications and says "youre not getting the 2 seed", it means you just dont have "it".

My LORD the implications.

Jesus CHRIST!!!
:tu

badfish22
03-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Honestly the Golden State game probably would have been close if Carlisle didn't finally put in Roddy. We were losing by 5 when he came in.

Ghazi
03-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Nuggets fall to Magic.

A win tomorrow would virtually assure we'd finish ahead of the Nuggets. Would also send the Nuggets to 5th in the West.

Hell the Suns are a player as far as getting the 2 seed is concerned!

Xylus
03-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Nuggets fall to Magic.

A win tomorrow would virtually assure we'd finish ahead of the Nuggets. Would also send the Nuggets to 5th in the West.

Hell the Suns are a player as far as getting the 2 seed is concerned!

It's hard to believe that the Suns had a 26-21 record earlier in the season.

Findog
03-28-2010, 07:27 PM
It's hard to believe that the Suns had a 26-21 record earlier in the season.

I don't know what team I DO want in the first round, but the Suns are now among the least desirable opponents. Amare is beasting right now.

sribb43
03-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Beating the nuggets tomorrow means that we technically have a 3 game lead over them bc of the tiebreaker and it puts the nuggets with the same amount of L's with OKC

THIS BITCH TOMORROW IS HUGE!!!!!

Xylus
03-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Beating the nuggets tomorrow means that we technically have a 3 game lead over them bc of the tiebreaker and it puts the nuggets with the same amount of L's with OKC

THIS BITCH TOMORROW IS HUGE!!!!!

If Dallas doesn't win, though, they fall to the 4-seed.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 07:47 PM
For as good as Amare has been, Grant Hill has done a good job equating Amare's greatness with his own shitiness.

Findog
03-28-2010, 07:52 PM
For as good as Amare has been, Grant Hill has done a good job equating Amare's greatness with his own shitiness.

How long did you agree to that avatar and sig?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 07:54 PM
How long did you agree to that avatar and sig?

Till April 1st.

Findog
03-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Till April 1st.

How long have you had it?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 07:56 PM
The ball movement with Dragic in is so much better than the ball movement when Steve Trash and Grant Hill are in.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 07:56 PM
How long have you had it?

Since whenever the Suns Lakers game was. April 10th or something.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow, they had like a 25 point lead on the T-puppies and they're blowing it.

Xylus
03-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Wow, they had like a 25 point lead on the T-puppies and they're blowing it.

The Suns are getting killed on the glass (Amare's the only one rebounding), and Barbosa has been jacking up 3's like a motherfucker.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Barbosa has been jacking up 3's like a motherfucker.

Yeah, but Da_Suns_Fag says he has a really good efficiency rating so it's OK.

Xylus
03-28-2010, 08:01 PM
This is brutal. The only reason why the Suns were up 25 in the first place was because their jumpshots were falling. Now they're not. You'd think they'd switch up their game plan and go to Amare.

Xylus
03-28-2010, 08:02 PM
The Suns have made 1 of their last 12 three-pointers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Since the day Kerr took over as GM, I was looking forward to Barbaro getting traded since Kerr was never a fan of him as an announcer, and I'm still waiting for it to happen.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Great idea Gentry, yank Dragic since he's been the only reason the Suns are still winning and put Nash in who's been sucking.

Xylus
Since the day Kerr took over as GM, I was looking forward to Barbaro getting traded since Kerr was never a fan of him as an announcer, and I'm still waiting for it to happen.

With JRich playing well this year, I think it'll happen this summer.

Ghazi
THE great STEVE NASH!!!!

Xylus
03-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Everytime the Wolves miss a jumper, they get the offensive rebound.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:06 PM
With JRich playing well this year, I think it'll happen this summer.

Doubt it. No one wants that scrub now that they realize he's as one dimensional as it gets and he has the IQ of a flaming bag of shit.

Xylus
03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Doubt it. No one wants that scrub now that they realize he's as one dimensional as it gets and he has the IQ of a flaming bag of shit.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams who'd love to have a ball-hogging SG who can put points on the board, regardless of BBall IQ.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Everytime the Wolves miss a jumper, they get the offensive rebound.

Time to get Collins in there. Yeah he was off to a slow start but Frye is useless when his shot isn't falling.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:09 PM
:lmao Kurt Rambis is an idiot, thanks for pulling K-love!

Xylus
03-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Amare saving the team's collective ass once again.

Kevin Love out? WTF??

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:10 PM
I love it when Nash dominates the ball!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Gotta love how this stupid team works. Rather than just get a PG who isn't lazy and is capable of playing man-to-man defense, you run a retarded zone to accommodate his refusal to play man.

Xylus
03-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Gotta love how this stupid team works. Rather than just get a PG who isn't lazy and is capable of playing man-to-man defense, you run a retarded zone to accommodate his refusal to play man.

We have one. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Good point :lmao

Xylus
03-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Amare's scored our last 8 points. 28 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Good to see the piece of dooky from Duke is on the bench.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Great job Nash, hold onto the ball till there's no time left on the shot clock.

Come_On_Now
03-28-2010, 08:20 PM
:lmao Corey Brewer :lmao:lmao:lmao

badfish22
03-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Great job Nash, hold onto the ball till there's no time left on the shot clock.

Nash and JJ would get along great. JJ is basically a very poor mans Nash.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:21 PM
:lmao, dribble the air out of the ball ignoring Amare down low, then force up a shot so he can grab a rebound and seal the game.

Come_On_Now
03-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Good God I can't believe we actually lost to T-wolves at home; I respect the Nets more at this point.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:25 PM
When Amare goes to Miami next summer, my one wish is for backlash against Nash to happen because he got the contract extension Amare deserved.

Xylus
03-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Suns win thanks to Amare, and no thanks to anyone else on the team. Seriously, it was like 1-on-5 out there.

Ghazi
03-28-2010, 08:33 PM
game was getting out of hand for the suns until big daddy nash came in and guided the troops to victory.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:34 PM
game was getting out of hand for the suns until big daddy nash came in and guided the troops to victory.

Ghazi dat shit don't work anymore coming from you.

Btw- Kurt Rambis is the worst coach in the NBA.

monosylab1k
03-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Btw- Kurt Rambis is the worst coach in the NBA.

:tu

Minnesota was looking for a Kevin McHale type of head coach, and they sure as hell got one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 08:53 PM
McHale didn't do a terrible job coaching them last year before Jefferson's injury, in fairness to him I don't think even he would be doing as bad a job as Rambis.

peteee
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
CONGRATULATIONS DALLAS! YOU BEAT THE SECOND WORST TEAM IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

sorry my dick doesn't get hard over a win against a shitty team. If the team wins, to quote SpursDynasty "they're just beating a team they're supposed to beat". If they win but are forced to play Kidd/Dirk/Caron heavy minutes because they can't close out a team, they're underacheiving. If they lose, they're seriously underacheving and have some issues that need to be fixed immediately. Is it that hard to understand?

We'll see what happens Monday night. Playoff atmosphere, playoff intensity. Just like it was against Portland. tbh using this game as way to prove your point is pretty foolish imho.

If Dallas wins on Monday then I can admit I knee-jerked. If they lose, you better own up to the fact that this team is on a collision course towards a first round exit.
that's how you turned from a sapient sports fan into a complete retard. Losing a couple games in regular season doesn't count shit in the fixtures of playoffs, at most your only getting home court advantage with better records of regular season which still doesn't guarantee you a bigger chance of qualification for next round, take the Spurs-Mavs series last season as an example.

it doesn't make one as retarded as you are if he only misspells one word or a couple words in one same spelling, but it turns a different story when you used the same vocabulary twice in a message and put them in two different spellings, neither of which gets the correct ranks and components of words.

The primary and only thing needing to be fixed is your glitched brain if you ask me. Just because Mavs choked in playoffs once upon a time it doesn't mean it's their inborn quality to choke. Maybe their gullets are narrower and throats are slimmer than normal but there still exists some theoretical possibility they can get fodders down rightly by good chewing, and they've got the teeth needed in form of Haywood and Butler.

mavsfan1000
03-28-2010, 10:03 PM
We will lose to the Blazers in first round. Tough break for us that the Thunder lost today against the Blazers. The Blazers own us.

peteee
03-28-2010, 10:12 PM
We will lose to the Blazers in first round. Tough break for us that the Thunder lost today against the Blazers. The Blazers own us.
it just seems pretty arbitrary to presume at such an early time that the Mavs will lose the 1st round series to a team that got thrashed by Houston Rockets in the same round of the previous season. Blazers are always considered a snag in regular season especially at their home court but their severe lack of experience often manages to pare themselves away when confronting the more experienced teams, like the Rockets of last season and Mavs this season.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Dallas is going to annihilate the Nuggs tomorrow. Nuggs on a b2b, and ever since Karl took a sick leave, they just haven't been the same. No K-Mart, and this isn't the Nuggs who were roaring in the first half of the season.

Big game for Dallas and I expect them to take care of business.

j.dizzle
03-28-2010, 10:19 PM
If Dallas loses a game as important as tomorrows then they are pretenders..At home, denver on a back 2 back, no kenyon & 2nd seed up for grabs..No excuses for the Mavs to lose tom if they wanna get taken serious.

Findog
03-28-2010, 10:24 PM
If Dallas loses a game as important as tomorrows then they are pretenders..At home, denver on a back 2 back, no kenyon & 2nd seed up for grabs..No excuses for the Mavs to lose tom if they wanna get taken serious.

Agreed. It's set up nicely for them to get the win. Denver has not played well on this road trip - lost to a bad Knicks team, lost to Boston, barely beat the Craptors, lost to the Magic.

mavsfan1000
03-28-2010, 10:26 PM
it just seems pretty arbitrary to presume at such an early time that the Mavs will lose the 1st round series to a team that got thrashed by Houston Rockets in the same round of the previous season. Blazers are always considered a snag in regular season especially at their home court but their severe lack of experience often manages to pare themselves away when confronting the more experienced teams, like the Rockets of last season and Mavs this season.
Brandon Roy is the difference maker. That and we make Andre Miller look like a superstar.

jack sommerset
03-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Brandon Roy is the difference maker. That and we make Andre Miller look like a superstar.

Mavs make a ton of point guards look like superstars. Mavs better hope they pull the Spews or Thunder in first round.

Ghazi
03-29-2010, 09:46 AM
this mindset that the blazers some how matchup well with us is some knee jerk bullshit.

We would wax that ass come playoff time.

the 0-3 record isn't convincing at all. Two of those games could've gone either way and the other was just a poorly officiated anomaly.

Portlands just a jump shooting team with marginal defense... similar to the Mavs except the Mavs are more stacked, would have home court, more veterans, and the best player on the court.

I'd much rather play Portland than OKC or SA.

ElNono
03-29-2010, 11:10 AM
this mindset that the blazers some how matchup well with us is some knee jerk bullshit.

the 0-3 record isn't convincing at all. Two of those games could've gone either way and the other was just a poorly officiated anomaly.

Portlands just a jump shooting team with marginal defense... similar to the Mavs except the Mavs are more stacked, would have home court, more veterans, and the best player on the court.

LOL Andre Miller drops 52 in Dallas...

Ghazi
03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
exactly, theyre lucky to be 3-0.

mavsfan1000
03-29-2010, 12:01 PM

Just being the homer you are supposed to be. No surprises here. I prefer the realistic route. Portland beat us one game without Roy and another without a center. Now that is embarrassing.

stretch
03-29-2010, 12:03 PM
honestly, Portland really doesnt scare me still

i'd say mavs in 6, maybe 5

Ghazi
03-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Just being the homer you are supposed to be. No surprises here. I prefer the realistic route. Portland beat us one game without Roy and another without a center. Now that is embarrassing.

doesnt matter at all... we also beat the cavs without dirk and beat the lakers without butler/dampier... would we have a better shot in a series v cavs/lakers as opposed to blazers? no :)

Like I said, if we play the Blazers in the playoffs we would wax that ass.