PDA

View Full Version : Andre Dirrell defeates Abraham via DQ...

Hooks
03-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Dirrell schooled Abraham in the fight, he was just too fast for him and even dropped him in round 4 I believe. Dirrell also dropped him once again a bit later in the fight but it was not counted for some reason, Dirrell hit him with a counter that would've sent Abraham to the canvas had the ropes not held him up. Abraham also dropped Dirrell once, although Abraham did drop Dirrell again but the ref. didn't count it as a knockdown (their feet got tangled up, but it did look like a legit knockdown).

In round 10, the fight was getting a bit closer as Abraham was starting to pressure Dirrell a bit more. In round 11 Dirrell was once again moving around, boxing, until Dirrell slipped. Once Dirrell slipped, he landed on one knee and was sort of sitting down, Abraham then hit him with a very hard flush on the chin which resulted in a DQ.

Dirrell was absolutely out of it, when he woke up he actually thought he lost the fight by KO as he couldn't remember anything, he was crying thinking he lost. He was very emotional in the fight, his legs were twitching when he was on the floor, it looks like he got a concussion.

The official score cards were:

98-91, 97-92, 97-92 all for Dirrell.

Ashy Larry
03-29-2010, 08:55 AM
I'll definitely watch the replay because I was too busy watching the 140 matchup with Maidana making Cayo piss on himself with that body shot. I heard that Direel was dominating the fight and Abraham, who usually starts slow, was closing in but was clearly being outboxed and outclassed. The Super Six is a great idea and we definitely need one at 147.

Ashy Larry
03-29-2010, 08:58 AM
some also say that Direll was acting .......

IronMaxipad
03-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Dirrell was schooling AA most of the fight. But AA was coming on strong in the 10th - 11th round. IMO if the fight would of continued AA might of gotten a KO. Dirrell was slowing down and AA's pressure was getting to him.

Ashy Larry
03-30-2010, 12:11 PM
those are usually AA's rounds 8-12 but Dirrell still was keeping him at bay a little with that jab and was boxing so beautifully. AA's biggest problem has always been a slow start. He really needs to stop that shit. He win a few of those early rounds that he gave up, he wouldn't have been in that position. Also, whoever that ref was needs to be fired.

Ashy Larry
03-30-2010, 12:13 PM
HBO had the Cayo-Maidana fight on as well and Cayo was not ready for the top notch comp. Maidana hit him in the piss bag and he damn near leaked all on himself. The 140 weight class is nice with Bradley, Alexander, Maidana, Khan, et al ...... need a Super Six in this weight class too.

Whisky Dog
03-30-2010, 06:09 PM
The next month and a half starting 4/10 is going to be bad ass for boxing. A lot of good stuff including Mosely Mayweather, Khan and Paulie M, Sergio Martinez and Pavlik, etc. Some good matchups coming up.

Ashy Larry
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah, the spring time is gonna present some pretty good bouts .......

mexicanjunior
04-06-2010, 11:52 AM
This was a great fight, Dirrell really impressed me but I think he might have gotten saved. The end of this fight was reminding me of Chavez-Taylor I, Abraham was closing in on a very tired Dirrell...it was going to take all he had to stay up the last 2 rounds.