PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili: No hard feelings for ex-Spur Finley

legend of united
03-28-2010, 06:34 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Ginobili_No_hard_feelings_for_ex-Spur_Finley.html

BOSTON — Manu Ginobili is preparing himself for a shock when he and the rest of the Spurs walk into TD Banknorth Garden tonight...

Edit: No EN articles allowed. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148661

Riverwalkman
03-28-2010, 08:11 AM
All NBA players should feel NBA is a business.

Emotion is only what fans have.

Flux451
03-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Even Malik's effortless dunks looks dope

silverblk mystix
03-28-2010, 09:06 AM
manu is always classy...

after all that has been said---Finley leaving the Spurs was the absolute best thing that has transpired this season...

you can't underestimate all the great things that have resulted from this one incident...
hairston seeing SOME minutes...locker room cancer removed...POP ---maybe re-gaining some ---sanity---the defense improving vastly....and on & on...

the only negative....

can't think of any...

jimo2305
03-28-2010, 10:06 AM
manu is always classy...

after all that has been said---Finley leaving the Spurs was the absolute best thing that has transpired this season...

you can't underestimate all the great things that have resulted from this one incident...
hairston seeing SOME minutes...locker room cancer removed...POP ---maybe re-gaining some ---sanity---the defense improving vastly....and on & on...

the only negative....

can't think of any...

true..

now to get rid of the centerpiece

Fabbs
03-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Classy? Well yeah maybe.

Or is it the Spurs leading players toleration of b.s. such as Finley robbing minutes the last 2 1/2 years that has led to their demise?

I say the latter.

8FOR!3
03-28-2010, 10:21 AM
All NBA players should feel NBA is a business.

Emotion is only what fans have.

People shouldn't have emotion for what they do? Maybe you need to consider a new job then.

Manu-of-steel
03-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Manu is an emotional player. But with regards to things like finley going to the other team, Manu is careful to say what is rational. We don't want other teams to have a rallying point if we say something against them. Good job, Manu!

Dex
03-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Keep it simple: Malik Hairston claims he wasn't worried about missing the wide-open dunk that sealed the Spurs' 102-97 win over Cleveland in the final seconds Friday. He opted to keep the shot as simple as possible.

“I should have done a windmill and started screaming,” Hairston joked.

Had Hairston attempted such a thing, he knows there would have been dire consequences.

“It might have been the last time I played,” he said. “Ever.”

:lmao So apparently Malik is aware of Pop's doghouse.

rmt
03-28-2010, 11:04 AM
I think it's ironic that when Pop chose Finley over Bowen, Bowen got offers but couldn't bring himself to play on another team. Finley, on the other hand, bailed when the going got tough. Pop must have felt so betrayed, side-swiped.

I still feel that Bowen, even at his advanced age, is better than Bogans. The only thing Bogans does better than Bowen is free throws. I cringe every time he takes a 3 pt shot. At least, with Finley gone, Hairston gets some court time.

Things just haven't gone well this season. They traded away Theo when things looked hopeless and Blair was playing well. He's hit the rookie wall, and now they're so thin up front. Finley unexpectedly asks for a trade, Parker sprains his hand and now they're short-handed.

I still have hope, though. It would take a miracle, probably an injury to Kobe. Other than the Lakers, IMHO, they would have a fighting chance against anybody if they continue to improve and Parker comes back healthy.

mytespurs
03-28-2010, 11:04 AM
manu is always classy...

the only negative....

can't think of any...

lapses of inconsistency down the stretch????

panic giraffe
03-28-2010, 12:42 PM
i thought we were boycotting hearst?

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Classy? Well yeah maybe.

Or is it the Spurs leading players toleration of b.s. such as Finley robbing minutes the last 2 1/2 years that has led to their demise?

I say the latter.

This.

Finley leaving was the greatest single incident of addition by subtraction that this team has ever seen.

Blackjack
03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I've still yet to hit up the E-N . . .

urunobili
03-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I've still yet to hit up the E-N . . .

I have once or twice only.... Less than before fur sure... but I think ST takes good care of being up to date 100%... :flag:

Blackjack
03-28-2010, 01:40 PM
I went there the first day to watch people screw with McDonald in the chat but haven't gone since. It wasn't even a real conscious decision, they're just not all that missed (and TrueHoop and others usually have the newsworthy excerpts anyway :lol).

whottt
03-28-2010, 01:43 PM
This.

Finley leaving was the greatest single incident of addition by subtraction that this team has ever seen.

+1

I actually look forward to playing the Mavs again now.

And this team is playing better now than it has for most of the past 4 years. Even if we probably won't be able to beat the Lakers.