PDA

View Full Version : Yankees shuffle starting lineup.

pooh
05-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Bernie benched, Godzilla moved to center...guess the ship is sinking.

Extra Stout
05-04-2005, 02:31 PM
It's still early May. I've heard premature obituaries on the Yankees before.

Spurminator
05-04-2005, 03:23 PM
I listened to Rome for the first time in years today... and soon remembered why I hated listening. Basically called the Yankee move a failure because the Yankees lost to the Devil Rays yesterday.

Notwithstanding the fact that the baseball season still has about 120 games left, I'm pretty sure Kevin Brown's six-run first inning had a little more to do with it than who was playing center field. I mean, I hate the Yankees as much as anyone, but let's be real.

T Park
05-04-2005, 04:37 PM
The Yankee's starting rotation was overrated last year, its BEYOND overrated this year.

IcemanCometh
05-04-2005, 11:03 PM
kinda like the cardinals?

N.Y. Johnny
05-05-2005, 03:28 PM
It's still early May. I've heard premature obituaries on the Yankees before.

I think this is the Execption year.
This team has a shitty rotation that is mediocre AT BEST but they really suck, they're old, broken down and this is the last hurrah, in fact I know people say its only freaking May , but this team isn't going to get it done.
Baltimore looks like it might keep strong, but I wouldn't expect much from this team the NY Yankees, i think they're done and I'm a die hard fan. :oops

2centsworth
05-07-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm a yankees nut and went to see them play the orioles this year. Yankees have all sorts of problems and will not be much of a factor this year. These guys are not hungry, and are just high paid lazy asses. George Steinbrenner sucks as a GM, but I like his desire to win. Yankees need to cut their payroll in half and have a bunch of players who want to play because of the tradition of winning and not just the money.

Extra Stout
05-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Hmm... 9 straight wins and counting.

Nobody's ever out of it in May.