PDA

View Full Version : And with the 44th pick, the Utah Jazz select....

mogrovejo
03-28-2010, 04:14 PM
http://www.acb.com/fotos/54306_6_63175_6.jpg

Congratulations Jazz fans. Future All-Star. At least.

BRHornet45
03-28-2010, 04:19 PM
well son his skin color meets their requirements that's for sure ...

mogrovejo
03-28-2010, 06:52 PM

Utah Jazz All-Stars I can think of:

Dantley
Eaton
Stockton
Malone
Kirilenko
Boozer
Williams

Was Hornacek an All-Star for Utah? Not sure. Who else? If noone else, that's a clear majority of blacks. This kid will balance things, stop hating on him.

Thundaluva
03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
He's not hating on the kid, he's hating on the Jizz.

mogrovejo
03-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Kid is the franchise.

Hate the franchise => hate the kid.

Thundaluva
03-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Kid is the franchise.

Hate the franchise => hate the kid.

:lol you're joking right? He's not even on the team yet.

Kai
03-28-2010, 07:14 PM
What the hell is going on here?

Bruno
03-28-2010, 07:19 PM
He was damn great last Thursday. :tu
He has a crazy upside with his combination of size, mobility and skills.

Pistons < Spurs
03-28-2010, 07:27 PM
ummm ..... who is he?

mogrovejo
03-28-2010, 07:42 PM
He was damn great last Thursday. :tu
He has a crazy upside with his combination of size, mobility and skills.

Agreed. He just needs to be put on a steroids diet during the Summer and packed to the NBA.

ummm ..... who is He?

Fixed.

mogrovejo
03-28-2010, 07:44 PM
b6YuIUn5xfw

Will Hunting
03-28-2010, 07:52 PM
b6YuIUn5xfw

Seriously, that's the best mix tape your smelly Spanish ass came up with? It has him making a hook shot and him blocking a shot, both of which games that had like 10 people in attendance. The rest of the video is him doing stupid European gay shit.

mogrovejo
03-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Seriously, that's the best mix tape your smelly Spanish ass came up with? It has him making a hook shot and him blocking a shot, both of which games that had like 10 people in attendance. The rest of the video is him doing stupid European gay shit.

Tough luck, it was the first youtube video I got. Didn't even watch it. Subscribe NBA TV and watch him play.

ffadicted
03-28-2010, 10:01 PM
What the hell is going on here?

DJB
03-28-2010, 10:05 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

poop
03-28-2010, 10:11 PM
HAHA of course hes white.

mogrovejo
03-30-2010, 06:49 PM
4xpIv8HzV4w

FeZZy
03-30-2010, 07:27 PM
woo

Girasuck
03-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Let him stay over there for a while. We don't need him yet.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 07:32 PM
I have to admit that Bourousis is no longer best center in Europe. Tomic is better than Bourousis. Bourousis I say is more talented though. But Tomic is younger and is already I think better.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Let him stay over there for a while. We don't need him yet.

lol there is no worry of that. He has like 3 more years on his contract with Real.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 07:35 PM

He is a VERY good player. I am sure the Celtics would take him.

Girasuck
03-30-2010, 07:36 PM
lol there is no worry of that. He has like 3 more years on his contract with Real.

Perfect timing cause Okur will be worthless in 3 years.

urunobili
03-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Tomic and Splitter could be a hit next year... :stirpot:

endrity
03-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Tomic is already wayyyy better than Okur. He seems like he could become an even better player than Gasol, his body, moves, touch, footwork remind me very much of Gasol.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Tomic is already wayyyy better than Okur. He seems like he could become an even better player than Gasol, his body, moves, touch, footwork remind me very much of Gasol.

I think this is go too far. To say he is already better than Okur. Okur is a better defender and rebounder and also can spread the floor much better. But one is sure Tomic can end up being much better than Okur in the future.

I am just think under Messina in next couple of years this guy can become a monster.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Tomic and Splitter could be a hit next year... :stirpot:

Splitter is a nice player but honest thing if Spurs were smart they would try to trade his rights for Tomic's rights. Not only is Tomic better than Splitter but also I am sure that he makes much less and probably they can work a buyout.

I might be wrong in this but I would think that Tomic buyout would be affordable and his salary much smaller than NBA MLE.

mogrovejo
03-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Geez, KBP, first you say that Maric's buyout is too high and now that Tomic's buyout is affordable?

Let me explain you the basics of European ball:

Partizan - poor club - needs to sell players to survive - low/negotiable buyouts - seller

Real - rich club - pays buyouts - little interest in seeing players leave for money - buyer

endrity
03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Splitter is a nice player but honest thing if Spurs were smart they would try to trade his rights for Tomic's rights. Not only is Tomic better than Splitter but also I am sure that he makes much less and probably they can work a buyout.

I might be wrong in this but I would think that Tomic buyout would be affordable and his salary much smaller than NBA MLE.

Why would the Jazz trade his rights at this point???

Oh and I think he's already better than Okur, because Memo never had anything close to the post moves Antic already has. Okur was and will always be a better outside shooter, but as a traditional center Antic is already better than Okur. Add to that the fact that Antic is great at pick and roll and the Jazz have their perfect big man for the next decade.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Geez, KBP, first you say that Maric's buyout is too high and now that Tomic's buyout is affordable?

Let me explain you the basics of European ball:

Partizan - poor club - needs to sell players to survive - low/negotiable buyouts - seller

Real - rich club - pays buyouts - little interest in seeing players leave for money - buyer

STOP. I am try to ignore all your endless troll posts. This is too much. You are wrong on everything you say. Please give it up. You know nothing about European teams. Stop pretending you do.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Why would the Jazz trade his rights at this point???

Oh and I think he's already better than Okur, because Memo never had anything close to the post moves Antic already has. Okur was and will always be a better outside shooter, but as a traditional center Antic is already better than Okur. Add to that the fact that Antic is great at pick and roll and the Jazz have their perfect big man for the next decade.

Because the Jazz coach is an a-hole. Jazz do not play Fesenko and he is a decent center already. Jazz do not play Koufos and although Koufos is not that good of a player now he does have tremendous talent and potential.

Tomic and his agent are not stupid. He will never play if he goes to Jazz as long as Boozer, Millsap, Okur are there. Sloan is "old school" coach. This means even a player that is 10 times better than a starter will not play if he has less seniority in club than the veteran player.

Tomic will be Spanoulis part 2 if he comes to Jazz.

endrity
03-30-2010, 08:10 PM
He's right about that. Partizan, a Serbian club, is poor compared to Real, a Spanish club wich is actually not really a club but a sport society supported by every political and banking institution in Madrid. Do you know that their football club has been in debt for the last 10 years, and they never pay it?

But, back on topic, Antic is hell of a player.

mogrovejo
03-30-2010, 08:13 PM
He's right about that. Partizan, a Serbian club, is poor compared to Real, a Spanish club wich is actually not really a club but a sport society supported by every political and banking institution in Madrid. Do you know that their football club has been in debt for the last 10 years, and they never pay it?

I hate some of the ways Real finds to finance their crazy expenses, but this "has been in debt for the last 10 years, and they never pay it" is pretty nonsensical. Pretty much every company is in debt all the time. I doubt there's a NBA franchise that hasn't been in debt for the last 10 years.

endrity
03-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Because the Jazz coach is an a-hole. Jazz do not play Fesenko and he is a decent center already. Jazz do not play Koufos and although Koufos is not that good of a player now he does have tremendous talent and potential.

Tomic and his agent are not stupid. He will never play if he goes to Jazz as long as Boozer, Millsap, Okur are there. Sloan is "old school" coach. This means even a player that is 10 times better than a starter will not play if he has less seniority in club than the veteran player.

Tomic will be Spanoulis part 2 if he comes to Jazz.

I think you're being too tough on Sloan here. He plays a jump shooting European center!!!! He's not that "old school".

Unlike some other people I agree with you on JVG, he is clearly not a coach that was willing to go beyond what he knew to help his players.

But I think Sloan plays Okur, because as much as I see the Jazz he is their best player at center, even though Fesenko and Koufos will have a good game once in a while. Simple as that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-30-2010, 08:14 PM
I hate some of the ways Real finds to finance their crazy expenses, but this "has been in debt for the last 10 years, and they never pay it" is pretty nonsensical. Pretty much every company is in debt all the time. I doubt there's a NBA franchise that hasn't been in debt for the last 10 years.

Is basketball real madrid the same as soccer real madrid as far as wildly spending money is concerned?

mogrovejo
03-30-2010, 08:15 PM
STOP. I am try to ignore all your endless troll posts. This is too much. You are wrong on everything you say. Please give it up. You know nothing about European teams. Stop pretending you do.

:depressed

I was the one opening the thread about Tomic though. Nice to see you think he's already the best European center. Pekovic, Bourousis, Tomic in a single year...the quickness you shift your rankings is quite spectacular. Who's next? I bet Valanciunas.

mogrovejo
03-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Is basketball real madrid the same as soccer real madrid as far as wildly spending money is concerned?

They obviously don't spend nearly as much money but they also spend way more than they should/could if they operated under rational economic parameters.

endrity
03-30-2010, 08:17 PM

Real, the football club, is still carrying the debt from Perez's first time in charge, which started about 10 years ago with the Figo acquisition. They have been "in debt" since then yet somehow find a way to spend 250 million euros on players in a summer when a normal company wouldn't be allowed to. Clearly their debt is financed by Madrid's banks though, which are all to happy to keep lending money at Real.

p.s have you heard about their new training facilities, they payed half the market price for their new land, while charging crazy sums for the old ground, which the municipality enforced to any new buyer! They are not a sports society, they are a political institution.

endrity
03-30-2010, 08:19 PM

Well they are the same society, operated by the same Director and Board. Same as Barcelona. But clearly in Europe there is football.......................................... ......... and then everything else, so the money thrown around will never be the same.

mogrovejo
03-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Real, the football club, is still carrying the debt from Perez's first time in charge, which started about 10 years ago with the Figo acquisition. They have been "in debt" since then yet somehow find a way to spend 250 million euros on players in a summer when a normal company wouldn't be allowed to. Clearly their debt is financed by Madrid's banks though, which are all to happy to keep lending money at Real.

p.s have you heard about their new training facilities, they payed half the market price for their new land, while charging crazy sums for the old ground, which the municipality enforced to any new buyer! They are not a sports society, they are a political institution.

Like many other big companies are. Even in the US - how much public money is diverted to professional sports? But right now I doubt Real is that leveraged. I'm fairly sure that there are NBA franchises more leveraged than them.

The story with the training facilities didn't happen exactly how you describe it, but yeah, it was a brutal scam at the expense of the taxpayer.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 08:23 PM

But, back on topic, Antic is hell of a player.

No he is wrong on that and so are you. Trust me. I am a PAO fan. Partizan is Obradovic's club. Obradovic asked in person for Maric and was told no way in hell. Maybe it might happen this sumemr but he asked 3 times and he was told no way in hell.

And just to explain something to you do not listen to mogrovejo he knows nothing about this stuff. Partizan does NOT sell players that are under contract for long years. They sell players with ONE YEAR left on their contract.

If he knew about European teams he would have know this. Instead he just talks crap all the time and is a dick to me always for no reason. If you are Partizan why would you sell Maric when he has 2 years left on his contract at 150,000 a season? Why? There is no logic in this.

You wait until the last year then you sell him. This is what Partizan has always done. In fact many teams tried to get Pekovic a year before PAO got him and Partizan refused. Mogrovejo probably thinks Vesely can be bought by any rich club in Europe. He is talking about things he doesn't know about.

Partizan does not sell a player like Maric when he has 2 years left on his contract. Any logic would explain this but Mogrovejo is only interest in talking trash here as it is all he ever does.

Real Madrid on other hand does not need ANY player. They can buy any player they want. Tomic can leave and they can sign another replacement for any amount. They have 35 million euros allow for Messina to spend in their basket side. Compare this to PAO is now allocate 25 millions, Barca 30 millions, CSKA 30 millions. Only club spends more is Olympiacos.

Is MUCH easier to get Tomic than it is Maric. Partizan has 2 million euro debt so just think it will cost probably like this amount just to buyout Maric. No club in Europe will pay this for Maric. PAO already has Shermadini who is obvious not as good but is himself probably more talented.

And Tomic will not have a big contract in Real and will not have a big buyout. I am sure of this. He did not stay 5 years in a TINY club in Croatia for the hell of it. 2 years ago I remember Maccabi wanted him and he refused. He was waiting all that time for a contract with a small buyout.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Well they are the same society, operated by the same Director and Board. Same as Barcelona. But clearly in Europe there is football.......................................... ......... and then everything else, so the money thrown around will never be the same.

True. It is same exact club. Football (soccer) budget is 500 million euros. Basketball budget is 35 million euros.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
:depressed

I was the one opening the thread about Tomic though. Nice to see you think he's already the best European center. Pekovic, Bourousis, Tomic in a single year...the quickness you shift your rankings is quite spectacular. Who's next? I bet Valanciunas.

What is your nonsense? I never said Pekovic was best center in Europe. I have always been say it is Bourousis. I think now I will take Tomic as the best. I say this though Bourousis is a more talented player than Tomic is. But Bourousis is always having so many injuries. He is never able to maintain and I am getting worried he will never reach his potential. He is a huge man and he runs and dunks so much it is tearing his legs apart.

Tomic so far seems healthy and he is very light so he might last longer. Pekovic is very good also. He is a very good low post scorer. The thing is Pekovic is not a serious competitor. Other than last year when he was carried by Saras and Spanoulis what has he won that was serious? Pekovic has a poor work ethic and it shows if you are a PAO fan and follow him. For sure Pekovic is a beast and he can probably man handle any center except maybe like Howard and Sofo but he is also a bit lazy.

There are many very good centers in Europe. Batiste, Mozgov, Sofo, Javtokas, Vazquez. Lorbek I is really a PF I think. Any of them can be very good players in NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 08:48 PM
I want to say I remember a story in Adriatic league Rockets GM Morey went to scout Tomic. Rockets European scout told him he needed to draft him. Morey wanted to see him play in person. After Morey said to his scout that Tomic could never play in NBA and he would not waste a pick on him.

I say to Rockets fans you better hope your GM is fired because he is a complete idiot.

endrity
03-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I want to say I remember a story in Adriatic league Rockets GM Morey went to scout Tomic. Rockets European scout told him he needed to draft him. Morey wanted to see him play in person. After Morey said to his scout that Tomic could never play in NBA and he would not waste a pick on him.

I say to Rockets fans you better hope your GM is fired because he is a complete idiot.

one mistake, happens to everyone!

People in Milwaukee thought Tractor Traylor was a true player, and Nowitzki was gonna be out of the league in a couple of years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1998/draft/si/power.html

Oh, the Maric thing. We'll see, you are right about holding on to the player until the last year, but Partizan needs to sell him at some point. And Real, yeah they can buy a replacement, but Tomic is a gem right now, and they can clearly pay him well if he wants to stay in Europe.

mogrovejo
03-30-2010, 08:57 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

A few days ago he was great because he was scouting Big Sofo and some other guy... Teodosic, no? What happened?

I've been pumping Tomic but I'd advise some caution: I love his potential but there's a decent chance he'll be the next Gregor Fucka.

mogrovejo
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't have time to answer KBP now but I'll do it tomorrow.

The Partizan story is complete bullshit. For the right money, they sell everybody. If not, they'd quickly find themselves in a Red Start-like situation. (cue KBP saying that half of the Red Star roster didn't leave the club due to lack of payment and it's all ESPN/jew lies).

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 09:11 PM
one mistake, happens to everyone!

People in Milwaukee thought Tractor Traylor was a true player, and Nowitzki was gonna be out of the league in a couple of years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1998/draft/si/power.html

Oh, the Maric thing. We'll see, you are right about holding on to the player until the last year, but Partizan needs to sell him at some point. And Real, yeah they can buy a replacement, but Tomic is a gem right now, and they can clearly pay him well if he wants to stay in Europe.

The only reason PAO would want Maric is if Pekovic leaves. He already told them is going to NBA next year. But the Wolves are now trying to keep Darko also. There is no way Pekovic goes to NBA if they keep Jefferson, Darko, Love. Pekovic is only going to NBA id he gets big minutes.

Besides this even if Pekovic leaves for NBA there is to me no reason to spend huge buyout to get Maric. Greek centers Mavroeidis and Vougioukas are both free agents. they will be cheaper and will not count as a foreign player. Either of them can be sign by PAO and they are both excellent centers. I would rather have PAO just sign one of them to be honest.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 09:13 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin

A few days ago he was great because he was scouting Big Sofo and some other guy... Teodosic, no? What happened?

I've been pumping Tomic but I'd advise some caution: I love his potential but there's a decent chance he'll be the next Gregor Fucka.

Yes but who knows what he said after he saw them play? It is SCOUT of Rockets that makes suggestions to him. Morey himself knows nothing about the European players and has never even heard of them. His European scouts suggest them and then he watches them play and then he decides to draft them or not.

This is how he draft Lull. His scout made suggestion he watched him and then made draft choice. Any GM that would have say Tomic cannot play in NBA is a true moron. It is Rockets scouts that are obvious VERY smart and good. The GM obviously not so much.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-30-2010, 09:14 PM
I don't have time to answer KBP now but I'll do it tomorrow.

The Partizan story is complete bullshit. For the right money, they sell everybody. If not, they'd quickly find themselves in a Red Start-like situation. (cue KBP saying that half of the Red Star roster didn't leave the club due to lack of payment and it's all ESPN/jew lies).

You are a liar. I made a huge mistake to start talk to you again. From now on you are dead to me. If you keep trolling and harass me I will ask how I can ignore your posts.

mogrovejo
04-01-2010, 04:47 AM
In that video they're speaking Italian, but I see what you mean - bad broadcasters can take the joy out of a game. I don't like the Spanish commentators now that the unique Andrés Montes died. He was the only one at the level of the American commentators. Most European commentators are pretty bad and bland. There's a French guy who's good; the Germans in DSF used to be excellent as well; but overall the picture is pretty dire, I think.

mogrovejo
04-01-2010, 06:21 AM
What is your nonsense? I never said Pekovic was best center in Europe.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=924863&start=15#p20183707

So basically I would say the first 5 tiers of Euroleague players is something like

First tier (these are the only ones that fit the criteria of being a true "superstar"):

Ramunas Siksauskas
Terrel McIntyre
Vassilis Spanoulis

Second tier:

Nikola Pekovic (like I said though I expect him to join the superstar level next year)
Dimitris Diamantidis
Trajan Langdon

Third tier:

Felipe Reyes
Juan Carlos Navarro

Fourth tier (first tier stars if you will but certainly NOT "superstars")

Then after Reyes and Navarro I would have the next group which is guys like Bourousis, Batiste, Splitter, Papaloukas, Jasikevicius, Prigioni, Smodis, Holden, Lorbek, Rakocevic, K. Lavrinovic, Fotsis, Andersen

Fifth tier:

Then would be guys that are second tier stars like Childress, Planinic, Becirovic, Arroyo, Eliyahu, Kaukenas, Vujcic, Halperin, Greer, Nicholas, Velickovic, Lakovic, Basile, Vazquez, etc. players like that caliber.

Pekovic - only big man in the first two tiers
Bourousis - fourth tier

Pekovic is much better than Love. He has a chance to be an all star in the NBA for sure.

:rollin

Other than last year when he was carried by Saras and Spanoulis what has he won that was serious?

http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=209&pcode=knn&seasoncode=E2007

Stop bashing Pekovic just because he's leaving Panathinaikos. It was a shame that Obradovic surrounded him this season with so many old men who can't play any more (Diamantidis, Fotsis, Batiste, Saras) and bums (Tepic, Spanoulis, Calathes). Pekovic was Panathinaikos best players these two seasons and it wasn't even close. The idea that the 2 chuckers carried him is beyond pathetic, even for your extreme standards.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-01-2010, 09:00 AM
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=924863&start=15#p20183707

Pekovic - only big man in the first two tiers
Bourousis - fourth tier

:rollin

http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=209&pcode=knn&seasoncode=E2007

Stop bashing Pekovic just because he's leaving Panathinaikos. It was a shame that Obradovic surrounded him this season with so many old men who can't play any more (Diamantidis, Fotsis, Batiste, Saras) and bums (Tepic, Spanoulis, Calathes). Pekovic was Panathinaikos best players these two seasons and it wasn't even close. The idea that the 2 chuckers carried him is beyond pathetic, even for your extreme standards.

WTF is this? You idiot you know damn well that is someone else that was pretend to be me on there. That stupid idiot KWSN pretend to be me.

mogrovejo
04-01-2010, 11:20 AM
WTF is this? You idiot you know damn well that is someone else that was pretend to be me on there. That stupid idiot KWSN pretend to be me.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Well played. :toast

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-01-2010, 11:56 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Well played. :toast

What? There is a person from another forum and he was pretend to be me for some reason. he has also done this here. There is 2-3 trolls that pretend to be me here also and they also did this on spursreport