PDA

View Full Version : 8th seed is goin to OKC or SA, Denver landing 5th spot

j.dizzle
03-28-2010, 08:42 PM
First off LOL at OKC for going all out vs LA & losing to Portland today & LOL at Denver for looking pretty frustrated lately..Second, Portland is playing pretty well & have a pretty easy remaining schedule while SA & OKC have a grip of tough games left. Dallas better try not to land Portand in the 1st rd. :lol...PHX & Utah are playing well & have easy schedules while Denver is looking pretty inconsistent right now & has some tough games left..Pretty crazy how every game is a must win for teams 2-8, should be a crazy couple weeks:toast

lil_penny
03-28-2010, 08:51 PM
:toast

picc84
03-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I dont care who we play, but I want to see Spurs vs Mavs first round.

Killakobe81
03-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Portland is finishing strong Spurs impressive tonight as well ... those questioning why the Lakers win was so big. keep in my mind Spurs have beat Cavs, OKC and lost a close one to ATL and are leadingthe celts right now
Spurs ARE NOT dead ...

Amarelooms
03-28-2010, 09:18 PM

Mavs win that easily :elephant

timtonymanu
03-28-2010, 09:25 PM

Unfortunately that's all YOU look forward to. Dont give a damn about a title.

badfish22
03-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately that's all YOU look forward to. Dont give a damn about a title.

yup. 2006 champs, 2009 champs, bitch. Respect.

picc84
03-28-2010, 09:33 PM

Not with how SA's been playing. + Parker.

Amarelooms
03-28-2010, 09:34 PM

Seem like you're scared of the Spurs lol :elephant

picc84
03-28-2010, 09:36 PM
A series versus us would be over in 5. But I think a series with the Mavs would be very interesting.

I like the Spurs. I want to avoid them so they can have a chance to advance.

Ghazi
03-28-2010, 09:36 PM

Parkers a cancer.

DAF86
03-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Spurs could end up in 8th place because of their schedule but they are a lot better than that right now.

Oh, and fuck all the people that said that Manu couldn't lead a team on the NBA.

Findog
Spurs are turning it on at just the right time, and Jefferson plays better w/o Parker. Mavs had better not take anything for granted, bc this isn't 2006 or 2009.

j.dizzle
One of the top 4 seeds in the west is gonna lose in the 1st round, mark it down. Shit would be hilarious & hella entertaining if Denver/Phx & Portland/Dallas play each other in the 1st round..both would go atleast 6 games.

Killakobe81
03-28-2010, 09:43 PM
A series versus us would be over in 5. But I think a series with the Mavs would be very interesting.

I live in Dallas right now ...so a dream Lakers road = SA, OKC and Dallas

I could attend a road game in 5 hours or less ...

Plus I know if healthy we beating all 3 in 6 games or less ...

mytespurs
03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
yup. 2006 champs, 2009 champs, bitch. Respect.

How sad.....when beating a lesser seed is a bigger deal than winning the trophy......gosh, if it were me, I'd be like the Spurs are just a stepping stone to our goal and that is a championship. Well, more power to ya......

lefty
03-28-2010, 09:45 PM
I an afraid that for some reason, Manu takes a backseat to TP

Plus, TP is a fucking ballhog

Too bad because 2005 Manu is back

mytespurs
03-28-2010, 09:47 PM

:toast

Nice thing to hear a Laker fan give the Spurs some props........even though they are no longer an elite team. Gritty though....and with Manu leading the way, they won't give up.

j.dizzle
03-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Fist off, the spurs with Manu dominating the ball >>>>>> Parker holding the ball..Tony should just come off the bench & let Manu handle the ball as a starter..Parker is a shot first PG & Dick seems to play poorly with him..If they get a couple more good wins they shouldnt change the rotation.

mavsfan1000
03-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Spurs 6 Blazers 7 Thunder 8. We are screwed.

lefty
03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Fist off, the spurs with Manu dominating the ball >>>>>> Parker holding the ball..Tony should just come off the bench & let Manu handle the ball as a starter..Parker is a shot first PG & Dick seems to play poorly with him..If they get a couple more good wins they shouldnt change the rotation.

Amen

Spursfan092120
03-28-2010, 10:03 PM
One of the top 4 seeds in the west is gonna lose in the 1st round, mark it down.
Yeah..totally going out on a limb there :rolleyes

picc84
03-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I was going to suggest Parker off the bench in the main forum but thought it may have been discussed already.

Ultimately they need to be on the floor together to end the game but it doesn't make sense to have Parker be the primary ballhandler when Ginobili has his scoring ability and is also 2x the distributor.

mavsfan1000
03-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I was going to suggest Parker off the bench in the main forum but thought it may have been discussed already.

Ultimately they need to be on the floor together to end the game but it doesn't make sense to have Parker be the primary ballhandler when Ginobili has his scoring ability and is also 2x the distributor.
Man the Spurs team has gotten better this last month. Who would've thought Parker is what held Ginobili back. Very humbling for Parker to watch this.

dirk4mvp
03-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Too bad because 2005 Manu is back

Is that the same Manu who manufan thinks led the Spurs to titles in 05 and 07?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-28-2010, 10:10 PM

He's so good he led them to win a title in '99......they were so impressed by his minor league career it inspired them.

lefty
03-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Manu 07 wasnt the same as Manu 05

FkLA
03-29-2010, 12:42 AM
lol @ these Manu haters

Since the all-star break-- 22 ppg, 5.5 apg, 4.5 rpg-49% FG, 42% 3pt, 90% FT...all while orchestrating the team to play their best basketball of the season and turning players like Dick Jefferson's season completely around. He's been a TOP 10 player in the entire league since the all-star break and arguably even TOP 5 since being inserted into the starting line-up the last 3 weeks or so. Anybody that doesnt realize what a great player he is and that he is carrying the team on his back is either a moron, a hater, or in the case of guys like dirk4mvp and DoK both.

Manu is playing possessed right now. I doubt any of the top seeds want the Spurs as their 1st round opponent given his play+Parker's eventual return.

KSeal
03-29-2010, 01:52 AM
I'd love for the Lakers to get the Spurs in the first round. Sweep.

Flux451
03-29-2010, 02:04 AM
I think the spurs get the 6th seed and end up playing Jazz

1. Lakers
2. Mavs
3. Utah
4. Suns
5. Nuggets
6. Spurs
7. Blazers
8. OKC

Flux451
03-29-2010, 02:04 AM

Doubt it.

DJ Mbenga
03-29-2010, 02:29 AM

rape doesnt require a sweep

KSeal
03-29-2010, 02:42 AM
I think the spurs get the 6th seed and end up playing Jazz

Probably a worse scenario then having to play the Lakers.

Ghazi
03-29-2010, 03:24 AM
Spurs will be a tough out.

lennyalderette
03-29-2010, 04:47 AM
this is why it pisses spurs fans off when you guys say "spurs are boring and no one cares!!!" cause when it comes down to it you freaking do!!!! and hell yeah you better believe were going to go at it!! manu is going to tear them an asshole i swear, oh and our last game of the season is against dallas ponies

lennyalderette
03-29-2010, 04:51 AM
:lmao its not that easy with us, everyone is always scared of the lakers, believe me if you run into us with a healthy big three you are so screwed and manu will lite you guys up. im not saying well take it but a sweep is laughable

Muser
03-29-2010, 05:14 AM

Nah, it'd be like the Mavs series last year. Spurs would go crazy hot in one game. Lakers in 5.

LakeShow
03-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Yeah, ill give the spurs a game. They'll have a game when their 3's are falling, maybe.

What I find amazing is how well Portland and San Antonio are playing due to their fear of facing the Lakers in the first round. Lakers-itis is a good thing for those teams. :fro

dirk4mvp
03-29-2010, 09:19 AM
lol @ these Manu haters

Since the all-star break-- 22 ppg, 5.5 apg, 4.5 rpg-49% FG, 42% 3pt, 90% FT...all while orchestrating the team to play their best basketball of the season and turning players like Dick Jefferson's season completely around. He's been a TOP 10 player in the entire league since the all-star break and arguably even TOP 5 since being inserted into the starting line-up the last 3 weeks or so. Anybody that doesnt realize what a great player he is and that he is carrying the team on his back is either a moron, a hater, or in the case of guys like dirk4mvp and DoK both.

Manu is playing possessed right now. I doubt any of the top seeds want the Spurs as their 1st round opponent given his play+Parker's eventual return.

U mad

But I guess that's all you can be when you're of the opinion that Manu > Dirk

urunobili
03-29-2010, 09:19 AM
CROFL LA having to go 6 games or more versus OKC if they meet in the first round :lol

Flux451
03-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Probably a worse scenario then having to play the Lakers.

Probably not. Playoffs is where experience usually comes into play. I shouldn't have to insert any previous playoff vs. regular season win scenarios to prove my point.

in2deep
03-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah, ill give the spurs a game. They'll have a game when their 3's are falling, maybe.

What I find amazing is how well Portland and San Antonio are playing due to their fear of facing the Lakers in the first round. Lakers-itis is a good thing for those teams. :fro

why would they fear a team that got anally asaulted by the Sonics?

Muser
03-29-2010, 10:00 AM
why would they fear a team that got anally asaulted by the Sonics?

Because they are a better team.

picc84
03-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Like to see OKC in first round.

tlongII
03-29-2010, 10:18 AM
My guess is that the teams finish like this...

1. Lakers
2. Utah
3. Mavs
4. Nuggets
5. Suns
6. Blazers
7. Spurs
8. OKC

IronMexican
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM

:rollin:toast

Muser
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Please no Utah in the first round. I'd rather take my chances with Dallas.

nkdlunch
03-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Please no Utah in the first round. I'd rather take my chances with Dallas.

:tu

Mel_13
03-29-2010, 10:26 AM
My guess is that the teams finish like this...

1. Lakers
2. Utah
3. Mavs
4. Nuggets
5. Suns
6. Blazers
7. Spurs
8. OKC

Looks right. HCA between the Nuggs and Suns could come down to their game on April 13th.

Killakobe81
03-29-2010, 10:59 AM
CROFL LA having to go 6 games or more versus OKC if they meet in the first round :lol

Ummm no. I would LOVE to get OKC 1st round.

Lakers in 5 is MOST likely ...
Lakers sweep is VERY possible ...

And getting blown out (Friday) was the best thing that could happen ...Lkers WILL NOT take them lightly ...will win games 1 & 2 before the Thunder knew what happened ...

OKC most liely bounces back with a strong effort in Game 3 and 4 and theams split ...

Lakers close it out at home wait for the rest of the West to beat each other up...l

picc84
03-29-2010, 11:22 AM
^^Pretty much.

tlongII
03-29-2010, 11:41 AM
OKC would give the Lakers a hell of a lot of trouble if they match up in the 1st round. Their crowd is nuts down there. Reminds me a lot of the Rose Garden. OKC's best players are at the Lakers weakest positions as well.

z0sa
03-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Spurs won't be #8.

z0sa
03-29-2010, 11:59 AM
None of this shit that you guys have said in this thread even matters. The Lakers have already won the West.

The playoffs haven't even started yet.

in2deep
03-29-2010, 12:53 PM
None of this shit that you guys have said in this thread even matters. The Lakers have already won the West.

have they already lost to the Cavs?

Killakobe81
03-29-2010, 03:05 PM
LOL Luva is funny ... but seriously ....you guys are smoking that sticky even if you think a LAL/OKC series is going more than 5 games ...

thing is I know a lot of you noobs havent been watching playoff basketball very long ....but AGAIN HISTORICALLY

Young teams (first trip 2 playoffs) either get swept or lose in 5 in MOST playoff series ...

even the Bulls of last year had guys like Ben Gordon and brad Miller who actually had won a playoff series ...

I'm NOT saying it is IMPOSSIBLE for OKC to give us a tough matchup but I doubt it. If they win ONE game they would of done better than most:

Look at Memphis, Minny, atlanta, toronto portland Magic etc. of recent years they did squat the first time
and THOSE teams were led by KG, Pau Gasol Bosh Joe Johnson Howrad all went down in HUGE flames the first go round in the playoffs ...Portland won what 1 game last year and those guys had as MORE talent and MORE experience than the Thundercats ....
We beat those guys in 5 or less ...

and the only position they have an advantage in is PG ....but so does every team against us ...

badfish22
03-29-2010, 03:10 PM
lol @ these Manu haters

Hes on a cute little run right now. He will probably run out of gas by the playoffs or get hurt again.

tlongII
03-29-2010, 06:41 PM
LOL Luva is funny ... but seriously ....you guys are smoking that sticky even if you think a LAL/OKC series is going more than 5 games ...

thing is I know a lot of you noobs havent been watching playoff basketball very long ....but AGAIN HISTORICALLY

Young teams (first trip 2 playoffs) either get swept or lose in 5 in MOST playoff series ...

even the Bulls of last year had guys like Ben Gordon and brad Miller who actually had won a playoff series ...

I'm NOT saying it is IMPOSSIBLE for OKC to give us a tough matchup but I doubt it. If they win ONE game they would of done better than most:

Look at Memphis, Minny, atlanta, toronto portland Magic etc. of recent years they did squat the first time
and THOSE teams were led by KG, Pau Gasol Bosh Joe Johnson Howrad all went down in HUGE flames the first go round in the playoffs ...Portland won what 1 game last year and those guys had as MORE talent and MORE experience than the Thundercats ....
We beat those guys in 5 or less ...

and the only position they have an advantage in is PG ....but so does every team against us ...

We lost 4-2. :rolleyes

Xylus
03-30-2010, 01:59 AM
The Suns now have home-court advantage over Denver in the 1st round, with Chicago, New Jersey, and Detroit as their next three games.

Thank you, Dallas :toast