PDA

View Full Version : Give Pop some credit

ulosturedge
03-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I know we all bash on Pop for his rotations, but I think it basically comes down to him looking at the bigger picture. I'm guilty of getting pissed anytime I see Bogans, Bonner, or Mason get substantial minutes. But honestly Pop is more worried of keeping or getting his role players sharp for the playoffs. In his eyes the little things matter. If he can keep Bogans warm, get Bonner to find some rhythm, or get Mason to find his stroke again; it is all worth it to him. I know we hate to see them get substantial burn because it feels like we are throwing games, but for him it's the sacrifice that should be made to have some backup come playoff time. He's not an idiot he knows who his key players are. You saw it tonight as his starting lineup got some good minutes to start the game. He is saving the likes of TD and Dice for the playoffs. Expect the core players to get the heavy minutes during the playoffs, and the backups thrown in only as needed. He is starting to tighten his rotation as we are closing out the regular season.

:flag:

jestersmash
03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
We seriously need either bogans or mason to step it up big time with their 3 point shooting (hell, doesn't even have to be everywhere! just get good at corner 3s like bruce bowen, somebody please)...or have both of them step it up decently and carry the "bruce bowen" load amongst both.

I get sick to my stomach watching bogans launch wide open 3s from the corner and miss time and time again.

If either one of them can hit 1 more 3 than they usually do per game from now on, that alone will be huge.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
give pop alot of credit

he left ginobili in the game on a blowout for three minutes longer than necessary

and ginobili ends up getting hurt

yay

jestersmash
03-28-2010, 10:55 PM
give pop alot of credit

he left ginobili in the game on a blowout for three minutes longer than necessary

and ginobili ends up getting hurt

yay

ginobili's not hurt.

but you are right pop played ginobili more than he was needed.