PDA

View Full Version : Overeem vs Rogers for the title on May 15?

Stringer_Bell
03-28-2010, 10:56 PM
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/0328/486572/alistair-overeem/index.shtml

After initially stating Alistair Overeem's heavyweight title would not be on the line against Brett Rogers at "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery," it appears the organization has had a change of heart and the two will collide in a five-round championship affair on May 15th.

I don't understand why this match was booked in the first place. You can't have Overeem fight in Strikeforce without defending his belt (which hasn't been done for years), but you can't let Rogers fight for a belt cuz he got KTFO by Fedor. Now Fedor is fighting in June (a month after), why didn't they just put Werdum against Rogers and Fedor against Overweem?

Just a few months ago, aside from M1 circus, I thought Strikeforce was headed in a decent direction to offer something a little different on the MMA front, but they can't book exciting or relevant fights with their rosters IMHO. There doesn't seem to be any consistentcy to their model and the belts don't feel like they mean shit.

I know a lot of people don't like Dana, but rarely does the UFC ever feel like business comes before the sport. Strikeforce stinks of it. /end rant :p:

polandprzem
03-29-2010, 12:50 AM
That's not a rant IMO :)

That just straight fact. Alistar said he wants to fight Fedor, so I do not not know where the problem is?
Why Werdum? And on a Summer card.

I'm telling you, by the July it will not be Fedor at the 1st place in many rankings.

dbreiden83080
03-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Good Thread Stringer..

Fedor signing in SF is just wacked.. There is nothing for him there at all. The place is like a circus..