PDA

View Full Version : We still have a shot at the 2 seed

Biggems
03-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Now I know it isn't a great shot, but the possibility is still there. Our chances would be ever so greater had we not given away several games that we should have won.....most notably the Hawks and Cavs games. Regardless of where we end up though, if we continue to play as we have throughout March, we should be quite a tough draw come playoff time.

How I wish it would play out
1 Lakers / 8 Blazers
4 Mavs / 5 Jazz
3 Nuggets / 6 Suns
2 Spurs / 7 Thunder

How I feel it will most likely play out
1 Lakers / 8 Blazers
4 Jazz / 5 Suns
3 Nuggets / 6 Spurs
2 Mavs / 7 Thunder

murpjf88
03-28-2010, 11:30 PM
The way I see it, the Jazz, Suns, and Blazers are playing some of their best ball. The Spurs will need at least 50 wins to avoid the no. 8 seed.

Phenomanul
03-28-2010, 11:34 PM
We need that #5 spot from the Suns if we want to advance.

No... that would put the Spurs in the Lakers bracket...

I'd rather the Spurs end up with the 6th or 7th seed over the 5th or 4th seed... now if they managed to squirt up to the 2nd or 3rd seed that would be gravy...

Going 0-4 against Utah didn't help... or a couple of the following games we gave away...

Against Portland at home (without Roy)...
Against Houston @ Houston...
Against Cleveland without (Lebron)
The OT loss at Atlanta...

Xylus
03-28-2010, 11:37 PM
There's no possible way that the Spurs are getting the 2-seed. Sorry.

HarlemHeat37
03-28-2010, 11:38 PM
I think it will end up being..

1-LA
2- Dallas
3- Utah
4- Phoenix
5- Denver
6- SA
7- Portland
8- OKC

LA vs. OKC..
Phoenix vs. Denver..

Dallas vs. Portland..
Utah vs. SA..

I hope that's how it ends up, it's a realistic goal..

I can also see Utah at #2 and the Spurs are #7, also Denver being at #6..

A lot of possibilities, some key games coming up for all these teams..

murpjf88
03-28-2010, 11:45 PM
No... that would put the Spurs in the Lakers bracket...

I'd rather the Spurs end up with the 6th or 7th seed over the 5th or 4th seed... now if they managed to squirt up to the 2nd or 3rd seed that would be gravy...

Going 0-4 against Utah didn't help... or a couple of the following games we gave away...

Against Portland at home (without Roy)...
Against Houston @ Houston...
Against Cleveland without (Lebron)
The OT loss at Atlanta...

Not to mention these games:

@ Portland 96-93 (no roy, blew 11 point 4th quarter lead)
Dallas (Dallas 42-23 4th quarter)
@Utah 104-101(Bonner's Hook shot)
@Toronto101-96(Duncan off the bench)

kaji157
03-28-2010, 11:58 PM
I think our best chance (not probable but possible) will be this.

1 LA - 8 Portland
2 Utah - 7 Okc
3 Denver - 6 Spurs
4 Dallas - 5 Suns

This would be the hardest Matchups for all the first 4 seeds. LA is 1-1 with Portland, Utah is 0-3 with OKC, and Dallas is 2-1 against the Suns. If we get lucky LA will need to beat Portland and one of Suns or Dallas in second round wich are difficult matchups.

HarlemHeat37
03-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Denver has a really tough schedule IIRC, and they look very poor without their defensive anchor and coach..I can't imagine them staying at #3..

Dallas has a pretty easy schedule IIRC, I'd be shocked if they aren't 2 or 3..

Mel_13
03-29-2010, 12:12 AM
I like to look at the bright side, but there's no way we're getting the 2nd seed.

The Western Conference is the Lakers and the Seven Dwarves. LA has a 6 game lead on 2nd, while only 3 1/2 games separate 2nd from 8th. The best route to the Finals for those seven teams is to get in the 2,3,6,7 side of the bracket, win that side, and hope someone else pulls a major upset over LA on the other side of the bracket.

Just stay in 6th or 7th place and the Spurs will be able to compete with anyone they face in the first two rounds. The Lakers are another story.

Galileo
03-29-2010, 12:14 AM
It doesn't matter what seed we get. Whatever it is, it will be 6 or better.

raspsa
03-29-2010, 12:15 AM
I don't really care who the Spurs go up against so long as they're healthy and playing with the kind of cohesuion and energy we saw tonight.

kaji157
03-29-2010, 12:18 AM
I like to look at the bright side, but there's no way we're getting the 2nd seed.

The Western Conference is the Lakers and the Seven Dwarves. LA has a 6 game lead on 2nd, while only 3 1/2 games separate 2nd from 8th. The best route to the Finals for those seven teams is to get in the 2,3,6,7 side of the bracket, win that side, and hope someone else pulls a major upset over LA on the other side of the bracket.

Just stay in 6th or 7th place and the Spurs will be able to compete with anyone they face in the first two rounds. The Lakers are another story.

I agree, the best we can hope is that Portland or OKC end on the Lakers Bracket. If Phoenix and Spurs finish 5th and 7th respectively that could be possible, but i donīt think that will happen.
I just hate that the Jazz always are a easy matchp for the Lakers in the second round, and they are very fresh for the Conference finals. Would be quite nice if the have to face thoughter matchups.
As for us ending in the 7th seed and facing the Mavs, i donīt think they have our number quite yet.

Trimble87
03-29-2010, 12:23 AM
2, 3 or 6 is okay by me. Lets stay away from LA as long as possible.

crc21209
03-29-2010, 12:25 AM
While the #2 seed is most likely a pipe dream, it isnt impossible. A big game to watch out for is the Nuggets at Mavs game tomorrow. If the Nuggets lose, that will put them at 27 losses. Now for all the talk about the Nuggets being a possible team to knock out the Lakers, who would've thought that the Spurs would be 1 game behind them in the loss column. One thing is for sure, it is going to be a crazy ending to the regular season. The Nuggets, Jazz, and Suns all currently have 26 losses, while the Spurs and Thunder have 28 losses, and the Blazers sit at 29 losses. Talk about every game being a must-win game for every one of these teams...

mystargtr34
03-29-2010, 12:30 AM
My ideal standings

1. Lakers
2. Utah
3. Phoenix
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. San An
7. OKC
8. Portland

Spurs avoid their three toughest match ups until the Conference Finals (provided they get there) in LA, Dallas and Denver. Outside of those three, i would feel resonably confident going into a series against any of the remaining 4 playoff teams - even on the road against Utah and Phoenix.

Galileo
03-29-2010, 12:30 AM
2, 3 or 6 is okay by me. Lets stay away from LA as long as possible.

I think we should take LA out early; in the 2nd round. LA is way overrated.

Sisk
03-29-2010, 12:35 AM
I think it will end up being..

1-LA
2- Dallas
3- Utah
4- Phoenix
5- Denver
6- SA
7- Portland
8- OKC

LA vs. OKC..
Phoenix vs. Denver..

Dallas vs. Portland..
Utah vs. SA..

I hope that's how it ends up, it's a realistic goal..

I can also see Utah at #2 and the Spurs are #7, also Denver being at #6..

A lot of possibilities, some key games coming up for all these teams..

This is the way i see it as well

furthermore, i'd love to see OKC give the lakers a fit in the first round, at least a slight speed bump.. we all saw their last game (i know, not the playoffs or playoff basketball, but still)

senorglory
03-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Skip Bayless was on t.v. yesterday saying the Spurs should want to play the Lakers in the first round. Bayless likes the Spurs to win the West.

FeZZy
03-29-2010, 01:24 AM
We need that #5 spot from the Suns if we want to advance.
why would we want to face the lakers in the second round? stupid

Flux451
03-29-2010, 01:49 AM
1. Lakers
2. Mavs
3. Utah
4. Suns
5. Nuggets
6. Spurs
7. Blazers
8. OKC

urunobili
03-29-2010, 08:25 AM
I want the Mavs or the Nugs on the first round.. PHX is likely kicking our butts... :wakeup