PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Houston Elite 8

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Didn't have a rooting interest, but just decided to go since I never have before. The games on Friday were kinda anti-climatic with Baylor blasting St. Mary's and Duke pulling away from Purdue in the second half, but today's Baylor-Duke game was pretty entertaining. Thought Baylor had a chance to win but offensive rebounding doomed them in the final few minutes allowing Duke at least 2 three-pointers and a three-point play. Felt bad for all the Baylor fans there. Today's attendance was about 47,000 and probably half the fans were from Baylor. Duke had a good turnout as well.

himat
03-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Screw Duke. I was rooting for Kentucky and MSU, so at least one team is left...

Rooting for: MSU
Neutral: WVU, Butler
Rooting against: Duke

Pelicans78
03-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Screw Duke. I was rooting for Kentucky and MSU, so at least one team is left...

Rooting for: MSU
Neutral: WVU, Butler
Rooting against: Duke

I'm assuming the NCAA is treating the hometown Butler team as the top seed in the Final Four since they get to host Michigan St.

I was rooting for Baylor as well today, but Duke made more plays in the end. Duke is not athletic at all, but they execute very well and can shoot the 3's. Still, can't seem them winning a championship, but if they get past UWV, they will be the favorites in the championship game, even against the "top-seeded" Butler Bulldogs.