PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if Sheed is an idiot or an idiot

jestersmash
03-29-2010, 02:32 AM
http://www.csnne.com/pages/v1_landing/?blockID=205979&feedID=3392

By: A. Sherrod Blakely
CSNNE.com

BOSTON — The Celtics have been a dominant squad at home recently, reeling off a season-high five straight wins.

But all streaks, good and bad, must come to an end sooner or later, and San Antonio made sure of that tonight, as they used a strong second quarter surge to propel them to a 94-73 win over the C's.

It was the Celtics' worst loss of the season, and only the third time this year they were beat by 20 or more points.

Leading the charge for San Antonio was Manu Ginobili, who scored 12 of his game-high 28 points in the second quarter.

"Manu's been playing great for the last month," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. "He's basically taken over the team."

Even Rasheed Wallace gave Ginobili props for his play, as well as a new uh, nickname that plays off Ginobili's first name.

But that nickname, like the Celtic's defense on Ginobili Sunday night, probably won't stick.

"You know, Manure (Manu) did his thing," Wallace said. "He opened up the floor for them. We tried to trap him. He made the basketball play to the open man. We tried to do a good job on him, but he got a little loose in that first half."

Ginobili's scoring certainly paved the way for the Spurs winning in Boston where they have dominated, evident by Sunday's victory being their 14th in the last 16 meetings at the Garden.

But San Antonio's success on Sunday had just as much to do with their defense which limited the Celtics to 37 percent shooting for the game, and just 31.3 percent shooting in the second half.

"This was a big win for us," said Spurs big man Antonio McDyess. "It shows what we can do if we continue to play together, and focus on offense and defense."

During the C's most recent string of wins, the same was being said about them.

The similarities between what the Spurs did on Sunday and what the Celtics usually do to opponents, is not lost on Paul Pierce.

"Just the extra effort plays," Pierce said. "It was a one point (44-43) game at the half and we just didn't make the second and third rotations. They were driving, being more of the aggressor, and had us on our heals pretty much all of the second half. Like I said, they made the extra effort plays that we usually make. The team that you saw, San Antonio, the way they played is usually the way we play and we just got an old fashioned butt whooping."

And while San Antonio put the game away in the second half, trouble began much earlier than that.

Boston got off to a solid start and led, 23-19, after the first quarter.

However, San Antonio's defense tightened up and Ginobili caught fire.

The combination was too much for the C's, as San Antonio went on a 16-6 run to start the second quarter to lead 35-29.

San Antonio continued to pull away, and led by as many as 10 points in the second quarter.

But the Celtics mounted a nice charge of their own, as they closed out the quarter with a 13-4 run and trailed just 44-43 at the half.

"I thought we pressed a little bit, and started forcing instead of ball movement offensively," said Celtics coach Doc Rivers. "It was one of those nights, guys."

Whatever momentum Boston had going into the half, didn't return to the floor with them to start the third quarter.

The Spurs opened with a 10-0 run to lead, 54-43.

"Coach (Popovich) always tells us to jump on teams in the first five minutes," McDyess said. "This time we did it. We took it to heart. We jumped on them the first five minutes, and kept it on the whole game."

itzsoweezee
03-29-2010, 02:45 AM
only thing washed up rasheed wallace is good for anymore is talking shit. how many times has that guy been traded? sad that his lasting legacy will be that of an overpaid, underachieving locker room cancer.

Snaq O'Meal
03-29-2010, 02:59 AM
If "Manure" can bitchslap Sheed's team in such an embarrassing fashion, does that mean the Celtics are worst than shit?

HarlemHeat37
03-29-2010, 03:01 AM
LOL, 'Sheed still has nightmares about trapping Manu and leaving Big Shot..

jestersmash
03-29-2010, 03:03 AM
watch sheed's full locker room interview, it's in one of the links in my other thread. he completely downplayed the loss like it was nothing.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-29-2010, 03:03 AM
Um, imma go with the "Sheed is an idiot" option on this one.

Sisk
03-29-2010, 03:13 AM
well, manu did shit all over the celtics tonight

Buddy Holly
03-29-2010, 03:13 AM
Sequ = Rasheed?

Bukefal
03-29-2010, 03:52 AM
lol rasheediot

timtonymanu
03-29-2010, 04:19 AM
I like Sheed but hes talking trash about Manu so....

lol saying you're gonna beat the 72-10 Bulls but you have 26 losses already.

Slomo
03-29-2010, 04:39 AM
Sequ should sue for copyright infringement.

Or at least get his New York lawyer to send Sheed a nasty letter. :spin

raspsa
03-29-2010, 04:43 AM
And this is the guy a lot of people wanted the Spurs to sign? I wonder how Doc Rivers feels with someone like this representing his club?

timtonymanu
03-29-2010, 05:02 AM
And this is the guy a lot of people wanted the Spurs to sign? I wonder how Doc Rivers feels with someone like this representing his club?

well he already has douches like KG, Perkins, Rondo, Nate, Big Baby. I think he's use to it already.

TJastal
03-29-2010, 05:53 AM
well he already has douches like KG, Perkins, Rondo, Nate, Big Baby. I think he's use to it already.

Just admit you wanted Sheed instead of Dice and probably still do. :lol

TJastal
03-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Rasheed is such a classless, lazy P(ile)O(f)S(hit) that cries and pouts about everything.

I believe that if the spurs had signed RaSHIT Wallace instead of Dice, the SHIT lovers (who have not wasted a jab for every bad game Dice has had) would probably be making up excuses left and right for the guy even though he's chucking 3's at 27% and shooting 40% overall. No doubt about it.

ElNono
03-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Scoreboard!!!

Manu-of-steel
03-29-2010, 08:03 AM
LOL at Rasheed!

Manu-of-steel
03-29-2010, 08:06 AM

Trapping Manu brought about painful memories of the game 7 in detroit. He tried to trap Manu, leaving Horry wide open for the winning 3.

bus driver
03-29-2010, 08:08 AM

:lol :lmao

LoneStarState'sPride
03-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Trapping Manu brought about painful memories of the game 5 in detroit. He tried to trap Manu, leaving Horry wide open for the winning 3.

fify ;)

elbamba
03-29-2010, 08:24 AM
It must be hard being a fat old man. In place of scoring and helping his team out with his play, he has to throw insults.

jjktkk
03-29-2010, 08:57 AM
One of the biggest waste of talent I've seen in the NBA in 20 years.

spizzle_tronk
03-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Love Sheed.

"Manure"
"Turkododo"

Flux451
03-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Rashiet vs. Manure = Poopy Death Match

in2deep
03-29-2010, 09:27 AM
funny because Manu used the Celtics like hotel toilet paper

smeagol
03-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Manu was called Manure in these forums back in the day . . . and not only by one Mr Sequ

Cane
03-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Spurs dodged a bullet from Boston signing Rashit Wallace. That dude is fat and out of shape and seems to only contribute technicals on a consistent basis.

McDyess > Wallace.

Mixability
03-29-2010, 09:46 AM
stole my shit! fucker!

rjv
03-29-2010, 09:49 AM
only thing washed up rasheed wallace is good for anymore is talking shit.

nice pun

Dex
03-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Sounds like somebody is still bitter about a certain untimely doubleteam trap.

TimmehC
03-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Sounds like somebody is still bitter about a certain untimely doubleteam trap.
Remember earlier in the year when we said he was unhappy about some of the Spurs' personnel decisions? I think he's just unhappy that he's the guy that got burned on the two biggest shots in Spurs history(The MDM was at his expense, too).

Dex
03-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Remember earlier in the year when we said he was unhappy about some of the Spurs' personnel decisions? I think he's just unhappy that he's the guy that got burned on the two biggest shots in Spurs history(The MDM was at his expense, too).

:lol Good point.

If Rasheed Wallace knew how to close out on his man, Spurs history would have been significantly altered.

phxspurfan
03-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Sequ should sue for copyright infringement.

Or at least get his New York lawyer to send Sheed a nasty letter. :spin

http://flabbergastedly.com/wp-content/uploads/Chatbilleder/I%20see%20OWL.jpg

tmtcsc
03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
LOL..RaSHIT Wallace

tmtcsc
03-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Rashit has nothing but CRAP memories of facing the Spurs. No one has even mentioned the 3 that Sean Elliott nailed in his face back in 1999. His first taste of San Antonio hospitality to his ingnant self.

duhoh
03-29-2010, 12:38 PM
you're an idiot if you think sheed's not an idiot :D

spurs10
03-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Uuuhhh....think I'll go with the idiot option. He's an embarrassment to Doc Rivers and his team. Great move Fin!

in2deep
03-29-2010, 12:58 PM
the thread title is offensive to idiots around the world

YoMamaIsCallin
03-29-2010, 03:26 PM
"This was a big win for us," said Spurs big man Antonio McDyess. "It shows what we can do if we continue to play together, and focus on offense and defense."

Hey Dice... don't forget about special teams!