PDA

View Full Version : Bosh: It's all about winning

djohn2oo8
03-29-2010, 02:41 PM
with the heat expected to be among his most aggressive suitors this summer, toronto forward chris bosh warned teams not to expect a quick decision regarding his future when the july 1 free agency negotiation period opens.

``i think it's going to drag out for a while,'' bosh said before sunday's game against the heat. ``there are so many possibilities and scenarios, with guys staying with their own teams and trying to get other guys [to sign].
``you have to look at combinations and possibilities of what could happen. So i don't expect it to be over too quickly.''

as part of a free agent class that will include miami's dwyane wade, cleveland's lebron james and phoenix's amare stoudemire, bosh is considered in many circles as the one most likely to leave.

A five-time all-star, bosh is averaging career highs in points (23.0), rebounds (11.0) and field-goal percentage (.515) this season for the raptors. He also passed vince carter earlier this season to become the franchise's all-time leading scorer.
options are open

although bosh has not ruled out staying with the raptors, he made it clear sunday that he will explore all of his options and that he wants to be in a position to win an nba championship. First-round playoff exits no longer are enough. Raptors general manager bryan colangelo said he would entertain sign-and-trade proposals if bosh wants to leave.

``the money is going to be the same, no matter where i go,'' bosh said. ``it's about winning. I'm finishing my seventh year. Contending for a championship is all i want. I never made it past the first round. I just want to be a contender.''

heat president pat riley has been enamored with bosh since the 2003 nba draft, when the versatile 6-11 forward was taken fourth overall. Miami picked wade fifth.

Wade and bosh were teammates on the usa's 2008 gold-medal olympic team, and both are represented by chicago-based agent henry thomas. but bosh said the connections with wade should not be overstated when it comes to free agency business.

``i know dwyane a little bit, not a lot,'' bosh said. ``we haven't spent that much time outside of usa basketball. People always are going to look for some kind of connection. That's understandable. People are going to try to make things up. There is always going to be speculation. So i'll let everybody write their stories and keep going about my business.''
where's the mail?

read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/29/1552878/bosh-on-free-agency-its-all-about.html#ixzz0jvaoom81 (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/29/1552878/bosh-on-free-agency-its-all-about.html#ixzz0jvaoom81)

lefty
03-29-2010, 02:47 PM
He is gone from Toronto

KSeal
03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
He is gone from Toronto

Groundbreaking opinion.

Killakobe81
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
LOL question is where?

If Im chicago I go after Joe johnson. He and Rose would be spectacular and a better fit than Rose and Wade he both need the ball ...

IF im new york I go hard after Bosh and Joe johnson both would be great in D'antoni's system.

If i am Miami I go after Amare ...they would be pretty dynamic ...and pnr with amare and wade would be deadly ..

BRHornet45
03-29-2010, 03:45 PM
sons if Toronto offered him $22 million a year to stay, then he would quickly change his "its all about winning" attitude. God bless

Double-Up
03-29-2010, 03:46 PM
sons if Toronto offered him $22 million a year to stay, then he would quickly change his "its all about winning" attitude. God bless

bostonguy
03-29-2010, 03:53 PM

$$$ talks.

Indazone
03-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Well at least you wear your sig proudly :lmao

lefty
03-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Groundbreaking opinion.
No, not really

djohn2oo8
03-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Well at least you wear your sig proudly :lmao

Hey Yaofan

D2Procon
03-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Edit

duncan228
04-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Chris Bosh: ‘We Either Do It Or We Don’t’ (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-chrisboshweeitherdoi&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

The Raptors were well over .500 in mid-February, but they’ve won only five of the 15 games they’ve played this month, and are now hanging on to the final playoff spot in the East.

Toronto’s Chris Bosh talked with reporters, including Sporting News’ Benson Taylor, about the team’s recent struggles, the key come-from-behind win over the Bobcats on Monday, and coach Jay Triano’s decision to sit Hedo Turkoglu the night before in a loss to Miami.

Q: You guys have gone from the fifth spot to the eight spot in the East. What’s happened over the past few weeks?

A: Everybody keeps trying to read into it too much. You just lose games. That’s the point of it. You lose games, you don’t win, you’re going to be in jeopardy, and that’s where we are right now. We need to turn it around, we need to win them. There’s nothing complicated about it. We either do it or we don’t.

Q: Did you as a team talk about Hedo Turkoglu not playing Sunday night? What was the players’ reaction?

A: No, that’s a management thing. That’s between management and Turk. I don’t really get into that too much. I let them handle the business that they need to handle. We play with who we have on the floor.

Q: The mental toughness against Charlotte, that’s something we haven’t seen with much regularity.

A: Yeah, that’s what it takes. Especially down the stretch of the season, you’re going to have to be mentally tough out on the road. That’s the hardest part of winning, that’s the hardest place to win basketball games, is on the road. Their fans got into it, they hit some big shots down the stretch, but we stayed tough, we kept fighting, kept playing hard and we pulled one out.

Q: Can a win like this keep you guys going? Can it be a turning point?

A: We’re going to keep playing hard, no matter what happens. The last few games we’ve picked up our effort. You know, we lost (the previous two games), but we still had chances to win the game, and in the NBA, that’s all you can ask for sometimes. But (Monday) we won. I think that shows us if we keep fighting, keep playing hard, we can pull out some games. The schedule’s not going to get any easier for us, so we’re going to have to have that same intensity.

Q: Defensively, has that intensity been there the past few games?

A: It was there the past two games, maybe not so much against Miami—there were a couple of times where we didn’t do our coverages right … we just have to forget about it and pick up our effort later.

Q: Is the intensity and the defense going to be the key down the stretch?

A: Defense and intensity and coming to play. That’s what it’s all about right now. Everybody wants to win basketball games. You’re either in or you’re out, or you’re playing for position in the playoffs, so, you’ve got to play hard.