WildcardManu
03-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Rats jumping off the ship.

qiuyizeng
03-29-2010, 08:57 PM
he always sucks recent years

murpjf88
03-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Typical thread after a loss. Nobody should be surprised.

TIMMYD!
03-29-2010, 08:58 PM

It's not jumping off ship when you lose against the worst team of the decade, all -time possibly.

lefty
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
It's not jumping off ship when you lose against the worst team of the decade, all -time possibly.
On the road, on the 2nd night of B2B games, without TP and Manu

(Ok, without Manu)

TimDunkem
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm still a Spurs fan.

I'm still a Tim Duncan fan.

I will be attending the next game.

Tim Duncan has sucked ass as of late.

These are all truths, jackass.

DMX7

(Ok, without Manu)

Tim showed no heart and NO leadership.

dbreiden83080
i love you Tim Duncan

Spurs Brazil
Blame the others 14 players that played like shit for 3 months that TD needed to put the team on his back

If it wasn't TD in the beggining of the season we would be out of the playoffs already

IronMexican
03-29-2010, 09:01 PM
No offense to Tim Duncan, but he's just not that good a player.

SpursRulez4eVeR
03-29-2010, 09:01 PM

nop, spurs just helped them out.

boutons_deux
03-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Tim is moving OK. It doesn't look like he's hurt or tired, but damn, he's been horrible to mediocre. No impact whatsoever.

TimDunkem
Blame the others 14 players that played like shit for 3 months that TD needed to put the team on his back

If it wasn't TD in the beggining of the season we would be out of the playoffs already

Good point. He wasn't the main reason the Spurs lost this game anyway.

lefty
He just needs some rest

And big men lose a step faster than perimeter players

Remember Jabbar with the Lakers; he looked like he was done but would be beasting in the playoffs

TIMMYD!

Cause and effect relationship.

Or you could blame the FO for not picking up someone to help him at the trade deadline.

easy7
03-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Well, we did not have any of the big three and Bogans gave away about 20 points.

lefty

Amen

Death In June
It'd be nice if there was some information on Ducans health, but the organization plays that info pretty close to the vest and our sorry sack of shit sports journalist don't know what they're doing. I've never seen Tim play this bad before, even last year he was scoring more consistently/not moving as slowly.

dastrey
This loss is on everybody who thought we can sit Manu and expect an easy win. It seems the Spurs thought the same thing.

InK
03-29-2010, 09:05 PM

(Ok, without Manu)

This one was pretty bad all in all (even if we accumulate all possible excuses), without Manu playing like he was lately this team looks truly dismal.

Death In June
03-29-2010, 09:05 PM
The upside to all this is I really hope we get the 8 seed. Might as well play the Lakers before Manu wears down, or Tim degenerates further.

DMX7
03-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Both the Spurs and Tim need to come together to rework his contract. His heartless ass is stealing from the Spurs. He's not a 20+ million dollar player. Bullshit!

siraulo23
a second night of a back to back

with no playmaker, insufficient outside shooting (we could have used Mason) and a terrible duncan

DesignatedT
can we at least change the fucking thread title.. damn guys... do tim duncan sucks or something.. i dont care...

Brazil

this

+ fucking Pop not trying to get a tyrus thomas kind of player to help Tim + not playing a young 7'0 + giving away Theo for a peanut bag + Dice being a zombie + small balls shit + + + +

ffadicted
lmao what have you done for me lately crowd

But yeah wtf duncan.... you've been getting man handled lately

DPG21920
Tim deserves to be criticized for this performance. It is fair.

tim_duncan_fan
I wouldn't say fuck him especially considering the fact that he was the anchor of 4 championships but yeah his effort the last few games has been really, really lacking.

Being hurt doesn't mean you have to put weak or even, dare I say, stupid shots.

We should have sat him out tonight anyway. He needs rest and his confidence in his game is low. Anybody could have guessed that he was going to pull this shit. We should have rested him.

Brazil
can we at least change the fucking thread title.. damn guys... do tim duncan sucks or something.. i dont care...

Amen

Spurs Brazil
Both the Spurs and Tim need to come together to rework his contract. His heartless ass is stealing from the Spurs. He's not a 20+ million dollar player. Bullshit!

:flipoff

Bartleby
03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
This is bullshit. Tim deserves a better class of fans.

GodFamilySPURS
03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Tim Duncan looks slow, and not himself just like David Robinson did in his final seasons... how sad..

DMX7
03-29-2010, 09:08 PM
a second night of a back to back

He played 25 minutes yesterday. This is the NBA. And That was one of the worst teams in NBA history.

lefty
03-29-2010, 09:08 PM
This one was pretty bad all in all (even if we accumulate all possible excuses), without Manu playing like he was lately this team looks truly dismal.
I do have to admit that Manu has been huge for us

qiuyizeng
03-29-2010, 09:10 PM
I see tim sucks many times recent years ,he not anything like manu.manu is the only guy cared win or loss in the spurs .

qiuyizeng
03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
this loss really hurts

DPG21920
03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
It's not right to say he has no heart, or that he needs to retire, but for this individual game, he played poorly.

DesignatedT
03-29-2010, 09:12 PM
I see tim sucks many times recent years ,he not anything like manu.manu is the only guy cared win or loss in the spurs .

you're an idiot.

Johnny RIngo
03-29-2010, 09:12 PM
this

+ fucking Pop not trying to get a tyrus thomas kind of player to help Tim + not playing a young 7'0 + giving away Theo for a peanut bag + Dice being a zombie + small balls shit + + + +

It's hard to believe that the front office would be that incompetent. Personally, I think Holt didn't want to take on anymore salary and forced them to cut Theo.

DMX7
03-29-2010, 09:13 PM

I get frustrated with Manu too but never because I don't see the effort, heart or leadership.

I only get frustrated when I pay to see him play and then he is sitting on the bench because he is injured because he put his national team first.

dc_spursfan

Wow, I can't believe this quote came from a Spurs fan on a Spurs forum. I understand being upset but shocked that a person would questioned Tim's heart and Leadership.

after playing a week full of tough game they end up falling for a classic "let down" game. The Spurs miss the spark that Manu has provides.

raspsa
Timmy seemed bored and unmotivated. Hopefully in the POs his adrenaline will start flowing or it will be a very short run.

InK
03-29-2010, 09:14 PM

Didn't Tim take less then max money on his deal when he was worth max? Consider it as debt. And cmon, if Duncan is really done, wouldnt it be kinda doushy to shit on the guy who gave this franchise so much. Aint his fault the FO sat on their asses and did nothing untill it was to late....

DubMcDub
03-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Any "Spurs fan" who says "fuck Tim Duncan" is not a Spurs fan.

Spurs Brazil
03-29-2010, 09:15 PM

Mavs fan is right

InK
Timmy seemed bored and unmotivated. Hopefully in the POs his adrenaline will start flowing or it will be a very short run.

He seemed frustrated and aggitated to me, like "im trying, but nothing is coming together..."

DesignatedT

that wasnt the case at all.. he seemed hurt.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Duncan has done so much in his career I don't think he deserves the visceral feelings expressed by some in this thread.

I'm dissapointed in his play, I expect more....but fuck you? Come on.

smeagol
03-29-2010, 09:16 PM
fairweather fans are coming out to play :lol

InK
03-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Mavs fan is right

Defenition of a bad loss; when a Mavs fan comes in and says something sensible.

benefactor
03-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Pretty much. It's like cursing out an old man at the grocery store because he can't bag his groceries fast enough to suit you.

DMX7
Didn't Tim take less then max money on his deal when he was worth max? Consider it as debt

No, under his current contract he took the absolute max allowed by the NBA.

His extention starts next year and he will get a paycut but it's a small one and his drop off is not.

DesignatedT
hes obviously not right... those knees or the PF is hurting him... obviously he doesnt make excuses through the media like most do but cut him some fucking slack.. he carried this team while manu and tony sucked a dick on the sideline the first half of this season and its obviously caught up to him....

boutons_deux
I don't buy the hurt. Tim is moving well, runs up and down well, not looking hurt, except in his head and heart.

Maybe it is, finally and inevitably, just age.

Bartleby
Defenition of a bad loss; when a Mavs fan comes in and says something sensible.

Definition of a bandwagon Spurs fan--when Mavfan calls them out on it.

DPG21920
03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Pretty much. It's like cursing out an old man at the grocery store because he can't bag his groceries fast enough to suit you.

Tim is not some feeble old man :lol

He looks bad, but he could have made some smarter plays. Like I said, people cross the line on here, but Tim does deserve to get his for his performance in isolation. It is only fair for tonight.

TampaDude
03-29-2010, 09:20 PM
If Tim steps it up in the playoffs, then fine, but if not, I think it's time for him to retire. Flame me if you want...I love Tim Duncan...but he's not the dominant force he used to be...he looked like a D-leaguer out there tonight against the worst team in the NBA.

Please, Timmy...prove me wrong...please!!!

Budkin
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Timmy will be there in the playoffs... that's all that matters.

dc_spursfan
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
In the beginning of the season Tim was using so much energy keeping the Spurs afloat that now it has finally caught up with him. Duncan looks worn out.

redzero
03-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah, fuck Tim Duncan and the four rings he got you ungrateful cretins.

Spurs "fans"... :loser

IronMexican
Shutup boy

You see your BF out there? You happy he won?

DesignatedT
If Tim steps it up in the playoffs, then fine, but if not, I think it's time for him to retire. Flame me if you want...I love Tim Duncan...but he's not the dominant force he used to be...he looked like a D-leaguer out there tonight against the worst team in the NBA.

Please, Timmy...prove me wrong...please!!!

you are a fucking idiot. retire? even him playing like this is better than all the other bigs we have... if it continues like this than we shouldnt run the offense through him anymore but by no means should he retire...

HarlemHeat37
Obviously people that insult him personally are going too far, as usual, but he does deserve blame for this game..a lot of bad decisions, especially the last pass where he choked..

Some people really need to come to terms with Duncan's age though..there's no need for a thread after every bad game he has, he's going to have his fair share from now on..I guess his dominant 1st half of the season got some people's expectations back up after last season..

We'll see if he can step it up in the playoffs, he usually does..

benefactor
All players the are declining wind up getting paid too much in the final years of their contracts. It's a fact of life. Four rings and eleven 50 win seasons later...he deserves it.

TampaDude
03-29-2010, 09:24 PM
In the beginning of the season Tim was using so much energy keeping the Spurs afloat that now it has finally caught up with him. Duncan looks worn out.

Yup...and it's not just the age...it's the mileage.

benefactor

He looks bad, but he could have made some smarter plays. Like I said, people cross the line on here, but Tim does deserve to get his for his performance in isolation. It is only fair for tonight.
Yeah, I know. You get what I mean by the analogy though.

InK

He played really bad tonight, no disputing that. But calling him out like some kind of chump aint really appropriate imo.

DubMcDub

And it's also like that old man was earlier in his life one of the best grocery baggers ever, and you derived great enjoyment time and time from watching him bag groceries at a world-class level.

benefactor
03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
And it's also like that old man was earlier in his life one of the best grocery baggers ever, and you derived great enjoyment time and time from watching him bag groceries at a world-class level.
:tu

TampaDude
03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
you are a fucking idiot. retire? even him playing like this is better than all the other bigs we have... if it continues like this than we shouldnt run the offense through him anymore but by no means should he retire...

I'm not an idiot, but perhaps you are a blind man.

AnthonyM
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM

And the grocery bagger didn't have the best two baggers at the store helping him man the two aisles next to him for the customers to enjoy their grocery experience that day.

benefactor
Spur fan that agrees with the thread title does not deserve Tim Duncan. Go be a Lakers fan.

TD 21
It's astounding the drop off in his play from pre All-Star break to post All-Star break. He went from being a top five player in the league to looking no better than mediocre. As old as Duncan looks out there, McDyess looks significantly worse.

TampaDude
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
And the grocery bagger didn't have the best two baggers at the store helping him man the two aisles next to him for the customers to enjoy their grocery experience that day.

And the manager was out back smoking a joint while all this was going on. :lol

timtonymanu
03-29-2010, 09:29 PM
People just need to realize that Tim at this point is no longer the franchise player because of his age. Much like Shaq was in Miami and Shaq had Wade. Tim is at the point where he should take a backseat.

He still has heart but he has no legs.

HarlemHeat37
03-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Duncan and Ginobili basically completely switched spots from 1st half of the season to the 2nd half..hopefully they can meet halfway for the playoffs..

Mr.Robinson
Good god.

Why didn't you make a thread last night when he had two quick blocks and set the tone defensively?

alchemist
Hope this is a wake-up call for Tim, I truly believe this is a mental thing with him he's coasting but the Spurs need a whole lot more from him right now.

tim_duncan_fan
It's astounding the drop off in his play from pre All-Star break to post All-Star break. He went from being a top five player in the league to looking no better than mediocre. As old as Duncan looks out there, McDyess looks significantly worse.

This is what is getting to me. It's like, what the fuck happened? Did he age 5 years in a months time?

DesignatedT
03-29-2010, 09:31 PM
would love to see tony parker right about now.. and i hope he realizes the expectations and load he is going to be expected to carry. going to need the 2007 finals mvp.

TampaDude

Duncan is nearing the end of his NBA career, so he's slowing down.

McDyess is just trash. Don't know why the fuck we signed him. He's useless.

Manu-of-steel
Thanks to those spurs fans who are still grateful for all the rings we won with timmy as our main guy. Age may have caused him to have this forgettable plays, but he does not deserve this disrespect from us spurs "fans".

CP48107
03-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Duncan has done so much in his career I don't think he deserves the visceral feelings expressed by some in this thread.

I'm dissapointed in his play, I expect more....but fuck you? Come on.
+1

All of us will inevitable get old in the foreseeable future. There will come a day when we are not able to perform our job/duty like we used to. That is what happened to Duncan. But he has given us so much all these years, staying in a small-market team, being the pillar of the franchise. As sad as I am feeling right now, let's not blame Duncan for the loss.

timtonymanu
03-29-2010, 09:32 PM
If Manu or Tony decide to play this summer, then GTFO. Two seasons down the drain because of these two and people like Tim have suffered from it.

DesignatedT
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
If Manu or Tony decide to play this summer, then GTFO. Two seasons down the drain because of these two and people like Tim have suffered from it.

yup

DubMcDub
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Duncan is going to surprise some of you in the playoffs. Don't expect 2005-2006 or championship-year levels of production, but he is going to surprise some of you haters.

TampaDude
03-29-2010, 09:35 PM
+1

All of us will inevitable get old in the foreseeable future. There will come a day when we are not able to perform our job/duty like we used to. That is what happened to Duncan. But he has given us so much all these years, staying in a small-market team, being the pillar of the franchise. As sad as I am feeling right now, let's not blame Duncan for the loss.

I don't blame Duncan for this loss. I worry about his sudden decline. I really hope it's just "regular season Timmy" and he will step it up bigtime in the playoffs.

Without Tim, we wouldn't have :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Without Tim, we'd be...uh...the Suns... :lol

jjktkk
03-29-2010, 09:36 PM
All players the are declining wind up getting paid too much in the final years of their contracts. It's a fact of life. Four rings and eleven 50 win seasons later...he deserves it.

Exactly. When the Spurs resign Ginoboli, the last couple of years of that contract, Ginoboli will show the same signs of getting old, and the same thing will happen all over again.

InK

People like Tim? The only person who got shanked from those two playing NT is Timmy, and the fans; noone else gets any symphaty really, just a nice polished mirror...

TampaDude

Yeah...Ginobili fucked us hard in 2008...please don't do that again, Manu!!!

MannyIsGod
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
I don't care if Tim Duncan puts up 2 points per game for the rest of his career. He will never deserve these kind of threads. Some of you are so filled with disillusions of entitlement you're fucking amazing.

So no, Fuck YOU.

Johnny RIngo
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
McDyess is just trash. Don't know why the fuck we signed him. He's useless.

Even worse is that he's going to be here another season.

timtonymanu
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
People like Tim? The only person who got shanked from those two playing NT is Timmy, and the fans; noone else gets any symphaty really, just a nice polished mirror...

thats exactly what i meant. Only Tim suffered from it. A healthy Tony/Manu the last two years really would have helped Tim to have more in the tank but we got this.

Spursox
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
How about restructuring his contract to bring Tiago Splitter next year!

SenorSpur
03-29-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm not going to blame Tim solely for this loss. However, I will say that if Duncan continues to have these pitiful outings on B2B nights, where he's getting owned by these no-name bigs, then perhaps Pop should sit him regardless. It's not just the lack of productivity, but it's also the mistakes, turnovers and such that compound the issue.

CP48107
03-29-2010, 09:39 PM
+1

It is a rightful thing for Tony & Manu to be patriotic to their countries. But it is also important for them to show some loyalty to the teams. What would really upset me is that Manu sign with other team after he regains his championship form.

DMX7
03-29-2010, 09:40 PM
This will be my last comment on this thread.

I'm not mad at Tim because he has lost some basketball ability, that's to be expected.

I'm mad because he played careless, sloppy, lazy, without heart, and without leadership. Those are things you can control. I can't count the number of times he just hung his head and moped around everytime he screwed up. And someone needs to call him out. I respect Tim but I can't give him a free pass like everyone else for that near historical loss. I think Tim ranks up there with Jordan, Kobe, Bird and all the legends but those legends never looked as f*cking tired of basketball as Tim looked tonight. No fire, none!

You don't give a firefighter a pass for deciding he's not going to give his best effort to put out a fire (since he's tired and put out a fire the night before). Similary, I'm not giving a pass to a guy who plays basketball, a simple game, for 20+ million dollars.

He earned $270,000 dollars for tonight's 30 minutes of play. Don't tell me that's payback for all he's done. I'm pretty sure he was paid for that too. Stop treating athletes like conquering heroes who should never be critisized because of "all they've done" which is play a sport for stupid sums of money.

Heart & Leadership. That's all I wanted. I didn't get it.

End of Rant.

DesignatedT
03-29-2010, 09:40 PM
I will say that if Duncan continues to have these pitiful outings on B2B nights, then perhaps Pop should sit him regardless. It's not just the lack of productivity, but it's also the mistakes, turnovers and such that compound the issue.

he definitely is hurting somewhere. surprised pop didnt sit him tonight actually, but his defense and rebounding is still the best on the floor for us when hes out there...

SenorSpur
03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
this will be my last comment on this thread.

I'm not mad at tim because he has lost some basketball ability, that's to be expected.

I'm mad because he played careless, sloppy, lazy, without heart, and without leadership. Those are things you can control. I can't count the number of times he just hung his head and moped around everytime he screwed up. And someone needs to call him out. I respect tim but i can't give him a free pass like everyone else for that near historical loss. I think tim ranks up there with jordan, kobe, bird and all the legends but those legends never looked as f*cking tired of basketball as tim looked tonight. No fire, none!

You don't give a firefighter a pass for deciding he's not going to give his best effor to put out a fire (since he's tired and put out a fire the night before). Similary, i'm not giving a pass to a guy who plays basketball, a simple game, for 20+ million dollars.

He earned $270,000 dollars for tonight's 30 minutes of play. Don't tell me that's payback for all he's done. I'm pretty sure he was paid for that too. Stop treating athletes like conquering heroes who should never be critisized because of "all they've done" which is play a sport for stupid sums of money.

Heart & leadership. That's all i wanted. I didn't get it.

End of rant.

+1

tim_duncan_fan
03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
How about restructuring his contract to bring Tiago Splitter next year!

OMG I wish people would get over this Splitter guy. If he sucks over there he's not gonna come here and be our savior.

SenorSpur
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
he definitely is hurting somewhere. surprised pop didnt sit him tonight actually, but his defense and rebounding is still the best on the floor for us when hes out there...

Yet despite these poor showings and Duncan's struggles, the coach still can't find any room to play - you know who?

ploto
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
You could see Tim trying late in the game- down on the court trying to get at a ball- but his body just won't do what he is used to it doing.

TampaDude
03-29-2010, 09:43 PM

I'm not mad at Tim because he has lost some basketball ability, that's to be expected.

I'm mad because he played careless, sloppy, lazy, without heart, and without leadership. Those are things you can control. I can't count the number of times he just hung his head and moped around everytime he screwed up. And someone needs to call him out. I respect Tim but I can't give him a free pass like everyone else for that near historical loss. I think Tim ranks up there with Jordan, Kobe, Bird and all the legends but those legends never looked as f*cking tired of basketball as Tim looked tonight. No fire, none!

You don't give a firefighter a pass for deciding he's not going to give his best effort to put out a fire (since he's tired and put out a fire the night before). Similary, I'm not giving a pass to a guy who plays basketball, a simple game, for 20+ million dollars.

End of Rant.

^ this

romsho
03-29-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't care if Tim Duncan puts up 2 points per game for the rest of his career. He will never deserve these kind of threads. Some of you are so filled with disillusions of entitlement you're fucking amazing.

So no, Fuck YOU.

Thank you. My sentiments exactly.

DesignatedT
03-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Yet despite these poor showings and Duncan's struggles, the coach still can't find any room to play - you know who?

ill still take a hurting duncan over ian... its about the other players that need to step up late in the game when our main guys are hurting.

reddog 99
03-29-2010, 09:50 PM
We want to blame the players because they are the ones working between the lines.

I truly believe that the FO which has been carried by the success of front line players of Robinson, Elliott, Aj, Elie, Horry and the current big three has truly let SA down. They have always brought in these aging vets and let them play along with a newbie here and there. Where as the rest of the west has always added ATHLETIC players with speed and desire and moved in the direction of the new NBA.

The SPURS FO drew aces with Tim, Tony and Manu but has failed to take advantage of their position and are now exposed.

Piss Poor Performance....

Hell even Hank Egan moved on.

Pop gets more credit than he deserves. :greedy

DubMcDub

End of Rant.

People yack about shit like this when they lose. If the Nets miss a couple of those shots at the end and the Spurs pull out the win, nobody is questioning "heart" or "leadership."

MB20
Fans insulting Tim Duncan...:depressed
This L hurts, but come on.:bang

MannyIsGod
03-29-2010, 09:51 PM

Probably a good idea. When someone posts something as fucking retarded as this thread the best thing they can do for themselves is to stop posting and hope that eventually people forget just how fucking stupid they were.

I have a long memory though. You'll always be a retard in my book, FWIW

You're mad because you think they owe you wins. They don't owe you shit

You're a fucking retard. I bet you think that when Jordan played with the Wizards he was playing with no heart as well. The body gives up at times and its not capable of what it once was.

Also, I think people in the organization can measure his heart and leadership better than someone sitting on their fucking couch watching through a TV screen. I'm sure you can tell us exactly how and when Tim has led this team in huddles and off the court this season right? You're a fucking moron. I can't emphasize that enough.

Did you really compare the job of a first responder to that of an NBA player? Once again, you're a fucking moron.

End of Rant.

Clueless. Fucking. Moron.

Stop signing the checks if you don't think he's worth it.

Oh wait.

DesignatedT
We want to blame the players because they are the ones working between the lines.

I truly believe that the FO which has been carried by the success of front line players of

Robinson, Elliott, Aj, Elie, Horry and the current big three. They have always brought in these aging vets and let them play along with a newbie here and there. Where as the rest of the west has always added ATHLETIC players with speed and desire.

The SPURS FO drew aces with Tim, Tony and Manu but has failed to take advantage of their position and are now exposed.

they won 4 championships.

SenorSpur
ill still take a hurting duncan over ian... its about the other players that need to step up late in the game when our main guys are hurting.

This isn't to say that Ian needs to play in spite of Duncan, but it's clear Duncan isn't capable of giving a productive effort on the 2nd night of B2B. Even with the drop of productive, his effort, energy and decision-making are nowhere to be found. I believe he should probably sit.

I'd be more comfortable with seeing Ian in spot minutes on B2B nights. In spite of the raw mistakes, at least he'll give great effort, rebounding, shotblocking and some occasional scoring. In a reserve role, he would be useful.

alchemist
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
The thread title should definitely be changed, that's so disrespectful to Tim.

DesignatedT
03-29-2010, 09:54 PM
This isn't to say that Ian needs to play in spite of Duncan, but it's clear Duncan isn't capable of giving a productive effort on the 2nd night of B2B. Even with the drop of productive, his effort, energy and decision-making are nowhere to be found. I believe he should probably sit.

I'd be more comfortable with seeing Ian in spot minutes on B2B nights. In spite of the raw mistakes, at least he'll give great effort, rebounding, shotblocking and some occasional scoring. In a reserve role, he would be useful.

I figured we would see some Ian tonight... He couldn't have been any worse than mcdyess tonight... that's for sure.

DesignatedT
03-29-2010, 09:54 PM
The thread title should definitely be changed, that's so disrespectful to Tim.

I know... can somebody seriously take care of that...

TDMVPDPOY
03-29-2010, 09:58 PM
the day tim duncan allows no name players win games against him is the day he should hang up his shoes, starting from tonight

out of all teams, the fkn nets

weebo
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
No, under his current contract he took the absolute max allowed by the NBA.

His extention starts next year and he will get a paycut but it's a small one and his drop off is not.

just stfu already...you're embarrassing yourself

SenorSpur
03-29-2010, 10:00 PM
I figured we would see some Ian tonight... He couldn't have been any worse than mcdyess tonight... that's for sure.

And even better suggestion. Play Ian alongside Tim and sit Dice.

That also exmplifies the issues on the frontline. When your best big and 2nd best big are sucking balls at the same time, it's no wonder Manu has to have the game of his life every night in order for the team to win.

E-RockWill
03-29-2010, 10:00 PM
i don't care if tim duncan puts up 2 points per game for the rest of his career. He will never deserve these kind of threads. Some of you are so filled with disillusions of entitlement you're fucking amazing.

So no, fuck you.

agreed

TampaDude
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
the day tim duncan allows no name players win games against him is the day he should hang up his shoes, starting from tonight

out of all teams, the fkn nets

Thank you! Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. The last thing I want to see is Tim become yet another athlete who stayed long past his time and became a laughable shadow of his former self (cough cough...Jordan...cough cough).

reddog 99
03-29-2010, 10:04 PM
they won 4 championships.

They have had 13 years to maximize the opportunity.

So are you happy that with Tim for 13 years and the opportunity to get TP and Manu with an owner that wanted to spend dollars that the best we could do is what happened in in the first part of Timmys carreer.

Please.

4 championships is friggin awesome but the FO did not execute and sometimes look stupid giving players away and signing players that can not, will not or are incapable of contributing in minimized minutes..

spursfan09
03-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Forreal, Kori or TimVP, this is embarrasing. Change the title of this thread! Please!

santymrc
03-29-2010, 10:07 PM
You know how bad some ST posters are when they start insulting the best player ever this franchise had.
He's not the one he was, and that's ok. You can't fool the time, it's not his fault. I don't think he throws away passes becouse he wants to. He might be the reason for this game being an L, but you can't rant on TD.
You gotta respect him.

TD 21
03-29-2010, 10:09 PM
People need to not allow the mediocre present to cloud the glorious past, when it comes to Duncan.

That's not to say his recent play shouldn't be criticized (I'm doing it myself), but I'll never go so far as to disrespect him. He's done too much for the franchise.

daslicer
03-29-2010, 10:18 PM
I think if more then anything the FO should be blamed for not giving Duncan good frontline help the last few years. His knees are shot now due to playing 1 on 2 on both ends for the last 2 years. He hasn't had decent help since '08 when the spurs had Oberto and Thomas still playing at a solid level to help defend the paint but after that its been pretty much Bonner, and mediocre talent such as Gooden, and a good undersize player Blair and thats it. He has nobody else and because of that it forced him to expand more energy during games then he normally had to do in the past which in returned left him drained and more prone to injuries. I still think Duncan is an allstar player but he can't carry a team anymore without breaking down. The spurs are going to have to add 2 solid bigs this summer to save him the wear and tear next year.

alchemist
03-29-2010, 10:18 PM

So are you happy that with Tim for 13 years and the opportunity to get TP and Manu with an owner that wanted to spend dollars that the best we could do is what happened in in the first part of Timmys carreer.

Please.

4 championships is friggin awesome but the FO did not execute and sometimes look stupid giving players away and signing players that can not, will not or are incapable of contributing in minimized minutes..
:lol People fail to understand how difficult it is to win 1 Championship let alone 4 in under a decade. When Robinson retired the only thing the media wrote was how Tim was never going to sniff another NBA Finals. Thankfully they were so far off the mark.

The FO did what they could with the money they had, they had great minds to work the talent and numbers. Teams came and took that talent and the Spurs still managed to wreck havoc on the league. They made some mistakes but who doesn't?

SenorSpur
03-29-2010, 10:19 PM
People need to not allow the mediocre present to cloud the glorious past, when it comes to Duncan.

That's not to say his recent play shouldn't be criticized (I'm doing it myself), but I'll never go so far as to disrespect him. He's done too much for the franchise.

At age 33 and in his 13th season, Duncan shouldn't be in a position where he's forced to have to carry the load on the frontline anymore. Why he doesn't have the necessary help, is anyone's guess?

baseline bum
03-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Fuck any "Spurs fan" who would ever disrespect Tim Duncan.

admiralfats
03-29-2010, 10:20 PM
screw all of y'all who act like you know what it means to give effort and have heart and be a leader in an NBA Basketball game. How would you even know? You might think you can, but I'm saying you're wrong. Especially in our awesome superstar who's known for not showing emotion. Maybe he's just old and tired some nights. Maybe his shot's not dropping cuz his legs are tired. I guarantee you he wants to win more than you want them to win. I guarantee he wants to do his best. So shut up.

weebo
03-29-2010, 10:25 PM
this is beyond stupid...the asshole who started this thread should be banned for life!!

DesignatedT
03-29-2010, 10:25 PM
change the thread title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

spurs10
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Losing tonight is no excuse for the disrespectful title of this thread.

TD 21
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
At age 33 and in his 13th season, Duncan shouldn't be in a position where he's forced to have to carry the load on the frontline anymore. Why he doesn't have the necessary help, is anyone's guess?

Because the front office took him for granted for too long and he obviously didn't put enough pressure on them.

SenorSpur
03-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Because the front office took him for granted for too long and he obviously didn't put enough pressure on them.

This is just another poor example of the FO NOT having the appropriate contingency players in place to help offset the dropoff in production. It happened with Bowen, and it's now happening with Duncan.

Sisk
03-29-2010, 10:36 PM
change the thread title or delete this shit.

spursfan09
03-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Change the title of the thread!

SouthTexasRancher
03-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Timmy really needs to get his head out of his ass and into these games. For a month or so, he has allowed all these young gun PF's and C's to out 'stat' him badly. If he is hurt then man-up Tim, tell Pop and get rested for the playoffs because right now you ain't doing this crappy team a damn bit of good.

Oh yeah, take them two old bums (Dice & Bogans) to the end of the bench with you. Maybe also get in Pop's face and make him give our young guns more playing time. It can't be as bad as it is with you old ass guys.

Right now the Lakers will sweep us in the 1st round. Kobe or Shaq will get ring #5 before you do Tim. Kobe & Shaq care....maybe you should too! No need to thank me! :ihit

LOL@MavsFan
03-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Good god.

really? Fuck Tim Duncan??? :rollin It's not like he's ever done anything for the Spurs. Shit he is worse than Bogans and Udoka combined:bang

Settle down people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dav4463
03-29-2010, 10:54 PM
It's like the people turning on Moses after he saved their ass a thousand times and delivered them to the promised land! People suck!

Blake
03-29-2010, 10:59 PM
worst thread ever in here.

:td

goddam idiots.

JamStone
03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Yea, some pretty ridiculous overreaction going on in here. Duncan could go scoreless and reboundless, and people still shouldn't say shit about him. There are 28 other teams in the league that would have killed to have this kind of success that Duncan brought the Spurs in his career. So he's slowing down. So he's hit his decline. So what? It was going to happen eventually. And, despite really starting show signs of getting old, he's still had a really great year. He can't carry the team anymore, but I agree that he shouldn't have to at this point.

All that said, even without Manu and Parker, you guys shouldn't lose to the Nets. Come on now. Leave that kind of inexcusable shit to teams like the Pistons.

Kori Ellis
03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Good god.

Really seriously, you started a thread with this title?

What a freakin loser.

Good night.

Kori Ellis
03-29-2010, 11:05 PM
24-hour ban. Enjoy it and don't complain about it. The more you do, the longer it gets.

Ghazi
lol banned.

Ghazi
24 hours? too short.

Cry Havoc
03-29-2010, 11:06 PM
This thread makes me absolutely sick.

I never thought I would see the day when ST actually made me ashamed of being a Spurs fan.

Had we not been fortunate enough to get two of the greatest 10-15 post players of all-time in the last two decades, the Spurs might not even have a franchise right now.

This is disgusting.

I'm a Cubs fan. You fucking idiots criticizing Duncan have NO idea what a team that shows no heart looks like. Son of a bitch it pisses me off. You fair-weather assholes are fortunate just to root for a team that can make the PLAYOFFS let alone give you four rings to brag to Mav fan about.

Bartleby
03-29-2010, 11:06 PM
24 hours? too short.

At least she changed the thread title

(thanks Kori)

spursfan09
03-29-2010, 11:07 PM
I likes this thread title!

TJastal
03-29-2010, 11:13 PM
It's always emo-day at ST, as long as you never blame Popovich's decisions and bash McDyess, Jefferson, and Roger Mason you are golden.

Unfortunately today one of the bi-polar animals got loose from the cages and mauled Tim Duncan. Ooopsie.

Cry Havoc
Props to Kori for ending the madness, but I almost prefer to let DMX drown on his own idiocy.

san antonio spurs
I don't think he's banned because he criticized Tim Duncan...people have said worse here... however I think he is banned because he cursed in the thread title. There a very few rules here and he should have known better

Blake
03-29-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't think he's banned because he criticized Tim Duncan...people have said worse here... however I think he is banned because he cursed in the thread title. There a very few rules here and he should have known better

no, he's pretty clearly banned because he told Tim "F.U."

any fucking moron on a Spurs board should know better.

rmt
03-29-2010, 11:26 PM
The title of this thread is inappropriate. Duncan is almost 34 years old and has carried this team all year until the ASB. For the 4 championships he has brought to SA, he should get a pass for the rest of his career.

Popovich and the front office, on the other hand, should not get a pass. The Spurs should have gotten Duncan some help a long time ago. They should not have traded away Ratliff and should have play Hairston and Mahimni earlier in the year. Popovich's fascination with small ball has worn down Duncan. He looks exhausted from having to carry the team offensively earlier in the year and having to protect the paint all by himself.

We won't even talk about their arrogance - thinking that their "system" is so important - that Bonner could replace Horry and Bogans could replace Bowen. Instead of signing talent (Scola) and adding new dimensions to the team, they chose to replace one-of-a-kind players with one-dimensional and no-dimensional players (for the same money!! - Scola cost as much as Bonner and Bowen would have come back for the vet. min.)

I hope that Duncan is just saving himself for the playoffs. If he can just be a great defensive force in the middle in the playoffs, (when Parker comes back,) they should have enough offense even without Duncan.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-29-2010, 11:30 PM
The tones of the casual spurstalk.com spurs fan for the last two years, combined with the fact that we are not championship contenders anymore, combined with Lord Timvp tending to his baby instead of blogging for his bread, lead me to believe spurstalk 2012 will be like spursreport 2007+

This forum will lose mass mass consistent posters, and consistent unique viewers, spurstalk will be a shell of itself

yes i will remember to bump this in 2012

J_Paco
03-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Wow, there are people on these boards that shouldn't be fans of this team, IMO. Tim Duncan is the heart and soul of this franchise, he's brought the city four more titles then they had prior to his arrival and shit he's the reason the Spurs are still in S.A. Yet, people lack the common sense to let him decline with our love and respect?

Yeah, offensively Timmy had a bad second half, after starting off hitting his first three shots, but he was sitting for along time before coming in during the 4th quarter. Plus, it didn't help when Hairston, Bonner and Hill kept passing up open shots for no apparent reason. The Spurs didn't have enough offense on the floor to finish the game, and Duncan was battling one of the top 5 centers in the league.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-29-2010, 11:33 PM
It's already started

the quality of spurs forum has been tantamount to smeagol's first thousand posts

its like running your nutsack against the grain of a cheese grater

gospursgojas
03-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Does everybody here think that pop has never told tim fuck you and wake your ass up?

If he cant , he can't. But no matter the reason, its a fact that he's playing awful right now. No disrespect it stating facts.

Anywho...hope he can turn it around

Fpoonsie
03-29-2010, 11:56 PM

Stop treating athletes like conquering heroes who should never be critisized because of "all they've done" which is play a sport for stupid sums of money.

:lol

Contradict yourself much?

Jesus. What a mess.

jjktkk
03-30-2010, 01:06 AM
This is just another poor example of the FO NOT having the appropriate contingency players in place to help offset the dropoff in production. It happened with Bowen, and it's now happening with Duncan.

:rolleyes Yes, Pop was going to wave his magic wand to produce new David Robinsons, Robert Horry's, and Bruce Bowens, but unfortunately his wand needs new batteries, so were gonna have to wait a little bit till he fixes his wand.

Whisky Dog
03-30-2010, 01:07 AM
Well, at least he used a * and didn't cuss in the title. I'll give him that lol

DesignatedT
03-30-2010, 01:10 AM
the new title is much better :tu

smeagol
03-30-2010, 07:27 AM
It's already started

the quality of spurs forum has been tantamount to smeagol's first thousand posts

its like running your nutsack against the grain of a cheese grater

I'm raising the bar with each one of my posts . . . :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
03-30-2010, 08:14 AM
There are some days where it really doesn't pay to come in here... this is one of those days. Spurstalk after a loss is practically unreadable. Not a decent take on sight, just whining and crying and cursing of luck... Give me a fucking break.

This is the ugly byproduct of being successful for so many years. People start demanding as a right what ought to be a fucking privilege. Self-entitled motherfuckers.

z0sa
03-30-2010, 09:33 AM
What a stupid, stupid thread

in2deep
03-30-2010, 09:44 AM
alcohol will do this to you

towing_jehovah
03-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Tim has given to this franchise more than any player before him. most are fans because of Tim. His skills coupled with his selfless attitude allowed the Spurs to become a dominant power. As good as the periphery players may have been, there job was made easier because of his presence.

Tim is at the end of the road. This is evident to all. He is at the end because he never held back. He always gave his all. Shame on those who indicate that he is dogging it on the court. Ungrateful is what you are.

I can assure you, Tim's decline is harder on Tim than on anyone of us. To you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee.

easy7
03-30-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't think what is happening is Tims fault to a degree, Spurs have gone away from the throw it to Tim first option and now play more of an outside game than an inside game. So when the Spurs get on deep shit and then want to throw to Tim, he can't turn it on and off like he used to. So he also has been one of the people on this team trying to adapt to a new style of playing. So, shit happens..

kaji157
03-30-2010, 01:41 PM
I think what was bad about this game is that loosing without Manu was pretty possible, while loosing without TD was not possible.
So if you are going to rest Manu, go rest TD as well, so a loss doesn´t kill you emotionally.
Now the team know they are Scrubs and Manu will have even more weigh in his back.

jjktkk
03-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Typical overeaction of some Spurs fans. With Duncan having a bad game and your top two players out of the lineup, theres not a whole lot of difference in the talent level between the Nets and Spurs. Reguardless of the Nets being the so called "worst" team in the NBA, that doesn't mean the Nets are void of talented players. I actually think the Nets are better than Minnesota, Golden State, among others. The Nets also showed to me that they actually care about not finishing with the worst record of all time. This Nets team also, for what its worth, recently beat Boston, so bad losses do happen.

Thomas82
03-30-2010, 05:08 PM

I truly believe that the FO which has been carried by the success of front line players of Robinson, Elliott, Aj, Elie, Horry and the current big three has truly let SA down. They have always brought in these aging vets and let them play along with a newbie here and there. Where as the rest of the west has always added ATHLETIC players with speed and desire and moved in the direction of the new NBA.

Hell even Hank Egan moved on.

Pop gets more credit than he deserves. :greedy

Please.

I think if more then anything the FO should be blamed for not giving Duncan good frontline help the last few years. His knees are shot now due to playing 1 on 2 on both ends for the last 2 years. He hasn't had decent help since '08 when the spurs had Oberto and Thomas still playing at a solid level to help defend the paint but after that its been pretty much Bonner, and mediocre talent such as Gooden, and a good undersize player Blair and thats it. He has nobody else and because of that it forced him to expand more energy during games then he normally had to do in the past which in returned left him drained and more prone to injuries. I still think Duncan is an allstar player but he can't carry a team anymore without breaking down. The spurs are going to have to add 2 solid bigs this summer to save him the wear and tear next year.

I agree with all of these. I can't say that these are solely the reasons that the Spurs are in this kind of shape, but they are a major part of the equation.

Muser
03-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Wow this thread sucks ass.

DPG21920
03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
The tones of the casual spurstalk.com spurs fan for the last two years, combined with the fact that we are not championship contenders anymore, combined with Lord Timvp tending to his baby instead of blogging for his bread, lead me to believe spurstalk 2012 will be like spursreport 2007+

This forum will lose mass mass consistent posters, and consistent unique viewers, spurstalk will be a shell of itself

yes i will remember to bump this in 2012

So would you say Spurs fans are fickle?

Thomas82
03-30-2010, 05:49 PM

I think that's part of the reason we didn't repeat in 2008.