PDA

View Full Version : I just HATE the lack of passion on a team

Martin R
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
I BEG for Manu to leave this heartless team.

DMX7
03-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Ginobili was injured, so I don't know what is worse. Injury or lack of passion.

Martin R
03-29-2010, 09:23 PM
you know, you are 100% right.
This is NOT a championship team. I tend to think of it as one but efforts like tonight's bring me back to reality pretty fast...

smeagol
03-29-2010, 09:24 PM
you know, you are 100% right.
This is NOT a championship team. I tend to think of it as one but efforts like tonight's bring me back to reality pretty fast...

Ouch!

easy7
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Well, the Spurs were in there like the Nets were shit and the Nets just pulled a rope-a-dope. They waited until about 6 minutes left to bend the Spurs down, split them in half, and give it to them like they were twins. That is what happens when your coach does not respect a 9 win team.

DPG21920
03-29-2010, 09:31 PM
So you hated it against OKC, CLE and BOS?

alchemist
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
They don't lack passion, they lack a playmaker.

HarlemHeat37
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
I never understand the "passion" argument..

What exactly were they supposed to do?..Duncan could have played a lot better, but this has been going on for a while now..passion isn't going to make him move better or get more lift..Hill did what he could..RJ could have played better in the 2nd half, but he carried us early..Mason was hot, but left the game..Bonner got a bunch of good looks and missed, how could playing harder make the shots go in?..Hairston is a role player that has played like 6 games, obviously can't rely on him at this point..Bogans and McDyess aren't good..Blair always plays hard and was productive tonight..

I don't really know how they could have showed more passion or played harder tonight..

timtonymanu
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM
well when you have a roster filled with players who would only play in scrub minutes (Bogans, Mason, Bonner), inexperienced players (Blair, Hairston, Temple), and an old fart (McDyess), it's gonna be hard to play with passion. These guys arent good enough. We cant expect them to step up because of their limits.

We're relying on Tim, Manu, Hill, and RJ and that's it.

TD 21
03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
What more could Jefferson have done in the 2nd half, when they went away from him? It's not like he was hiding offensively, they flat out wouldn't give him the ball. The entire 4th was either Hill or Duncan with the ball in their hands and it was bad shot after bad shot.

Mason, leaving with a minor injury when the Spurs needed him most. I wouldn't play him again this season, fuck him.

McDyess needs to be benched.

Pop should have played Ginobili 15-20 minutes, but no, let's rest him for what exactly? As if this was a guaranteed win without him. I thought the goal was to avoid the Lakers?

This team is going to get the 8th seed and honestly, they deserve to. They're done it to themselves all season. Handing away games late, oodles of poor, inexplicable decisions.

Bartleby
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
I never understand the "passion" argument..

What exactly were they supposed to do?..Duncan could have played a lot better, but this has been going on for a while now..passion isn't going to make him move better or get more lift..Hill did what he could..RJ could have played better in the 2nd half, but he carried us early..Mason was hot, but left the game..Bonner got a bunch of good looks and missed, how could playing harder make the shots go in?..Hairston is a role player that has played like 6 games, obviously can't rely on him at this point..Bogans and McDyess aren't good..Blair always plays hard and was productive tonight..

I don't really know how they could have showed more passion or played harder tonight..

Exactly. Finally somebody with some perspective.

It was the second night of a B2B when two of the best Spurs players were not playing, Duncan was tired, and Pop was auditioning his D-league call ups.

Yes, it was a missed opportunity and it sucks to lose to a really shitty team, but all these drama queens who are acting like it's the end of the world need to get a grip.

03-29-2010, 09:57 PM
the bipolarness on this board is hilarious. just yesterday, there were all these threads about not counting out the spurs, they are making a run, etc. now it's this spurs team sucks and tim duncan sucks. spurs fans should just evaluate the season as a whole. then they will come to the conclusion that this team would be lucky to make it to the second round of the playoffs and stop this high and low emotional ride.

TD 21
03-29-2010, 09:57 PM
You're an idiot. What it does is it means this team comes out of this stretch and instead of moving up or at least holding their position, they move down to 8th. We know they can't beat the Lakers in a series, so instead of having a chance to advance, they'll not only lose in the 1st round, but be embarrassed in the process. This is what a loss like this brings them closer to.

pjjrfan
03-29-2010, 09:58 PM
They don't lack passion, they lack a playmaker.

+1

The Spurs had ample opportunites to put this team away but they couldn't create anything. The 4th qtr. looked like comedy capers. Hill keeps missing wide open people, he does a lot of good things out there, but he's not a playmaker, and without Manu and yes Tony the Spurs lacked a guy who can create for others, Tony's not as good as Manu but he is a helluva lot better than anyone else on this team. The last 4 minutes was like a bad dream, no ball movement, guys passing up shots, lousy spacing, it seemed like no one was on the same page, guys bumping into each other and every possession looked a disaster waiting to happen, and the disaster usually did, a missed shot or a turnover.