PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM
An excellent performance from the boys in blue tonight :).

No complaints with the rotations or how anyone played. great defense, great shooting, good aggression on both ends of the floor.

My boys :)

WE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED

MavDynasty
03-29-2010, 09:50 PM
One thought: Dampier shoud've played more in place of Najera. He was effective when he was in tbh

lurker
03-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Thank you, JJ's bad ankle!

Ghazi
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Dirk TRIPLE MOTHERFUCKING DOUBLE!!!!

Ghazi
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
:clap :clap :clap :clap

Rogue
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
why not have a great performance from ghazi on the webcam? ghazi is a handsome looking gay IMHO, well suited to be in front of the camera tbh. our beloved ghazi should take charles mothafuckin barkely's spot at tnt, i mean at least he's not bald.

j.dizzle
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Dayummmmm I didnt watch the game but Melo & Flopper Billups shot a combined 6 for 30 fg?...thats the deifinition of fail right there, denver sinkin in the standings pretty fast.

Rogue
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
why not have a great performance from ghazi on the webcam? ghazi is a handsome looking gay IMHO, well suited to be in front of the camera tbh. our beloved ghazi should take charles mothafuckin barkely's spot at tnt, i mean at least he's not bald.

I had more thoughts on the matter, but I'm such a dumbass that I pointed my mouse on reply before I was finished with my post tbh. A video reply would be lovely from Ghazi who was a probably a club bouncer before he became an expert poker player imo. tbh you shouldn't be scared to show your face on a forum full of overweight spur fans, who cant even see their miniature wanker due to the size of their stomachs. I mean not even spiders with 10 eyes on their chests can see it.

badfish22
03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Dayummmmm I didnt watch the game but Melo & Flopper Billups shot a combined 6 for 30 fg?...thats the deifinition of fail right there, denver sinkin in the standings pretty fast.

Marion owns Carmelo.

Texas Chili Dog
03-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirk

badfish22
Thank you, JJ's bad ankle!

+1. Only reason we won this game.

bostonguy
:lmao:lmao@ the Enver nuggets. Overrated team continuing their downfall. Karl/Kmart may be out but nearly getting swept on a 5 game road trip in April is unacceptable.

bostonguy
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM

But the nuggets are a hungry team. That alone is why things will work out. :lmao

Ghazi
03-29-2010, 10:10 PM
melo 8-35 in the 2 games matrix played v the nugs this year.

endrity
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Trix has been the shit on defense all year long, almost any great defensive game by the Mavs has his stamp all over it. This just adds to the great games he's played against Durant and Kobe.

Add to that the fact that he keeps getting easy points by running the floor so well and being active around the basket and I have nothing but positives to say about the guy. He's accepted that he's never going to be an All Star scorer again, but his contributions to a contender can be invaluable.

Findog
03-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Marion has been phenomenal lately. We've always gotten raped when it comes to perimeter defense in the playoffs and he really fills a need.

mavsluva
03-29-2010, 10:47 PM
An excellent performance from the boys in blue tonight :).

No complaints with the rotations or how anyone played. great defense, great shooting, good aggression on both ends of the floor.

My boys :)

WE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED

They're supposed to win this game. And just for the record, they're not YOUR boys. They're Mark Cuban's boys.

j.dizzle
03-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Just to think, Denver would of lost 6 straight games & went 0-5 on their road trip if the garbage raptors didnt choke hard vs them the other day. Thats pretty damn bad for a team that needs all the wins they can get right now..They probably feel like shit about themselves in the locker room right now haha

Amuseddaysleeper
03-29-2010, 10:50 PM
It's gonna be sad when the Spurs overtake the Nuggets in the standings

sribb43
03-29-2010, 10:51 PM
:lobt2:

badfish22
03-29-2010, 11:40 PM
melo 8-35 in the 2 games matrix played v the nugs this year.

We still don't have an answer for JR. He murders us every time. Jet just can't defended him worth a shit.

peteee
03-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Marion has been phenomenal lately. We've always gotten raped when it comes to perimeter defense in the playoffs and he really fills a need.
that's why Marion will be muted on bench through the decisive minutes. Mavs have to defend their hard established honour of "big time choker" and Marion is just some guy who might cease this honour that Mavs players and fans have long bean proud of, that's why Marion shouldn't be on court when some strength is needed at perimeter defense.

Xylus
03-30-2010, 12:38 AM
I wish we still had the Matrix... but not his contract.

Xylus
03-30-2010, 12:49 AM
By the way, I wouldn't read too much into this victory. Nuggets were on a back-to-back, and have struggled against a variety of opponents lately. The Mavs were expected to win.

Ghazi
03-30-2010, 01:31 AM
I was gonna point that out. It was a good and needed win but the Nuggets have been looking like the 7th or 8th best team in the west over the last 6 games.

WESTACKED
03-30-2010, 01:36 AM
Westacked.

mattb_25
03-30-2010, 01:44 AM
I dunno if you guys forgot, but until the 40 point game by rodrigue the mavs have looked HORRIBLE... Not one good thing has came out of the past few games except rodrigue playing good when he got the chance, such as in the LAC and GSW game. So they both have been playing pretty shitty but luckily the mavs pulled their shit together and won by 16.

Ghazi
03-30-2010, 09:29 AM
nice stat from d-b.com

Mavs vs top scorers this season
Season vs Mavs
1. Lebron 29.8 25.0
2. Durant 29.6 22.3
3. Melo 28.9 15.0
4. Kobe 27.1 16.3

endrity
03-30-2010, 09:39 AM
nice stat from d-b.com

Mavs vs top scorers this season
Season vs Mavs
1. Lebron 29.8 25.0
2. Durant 29.6 22.3
3. Melo 28.9 15.0
4. Kobe 27.1 16.3

or in other words:

How do you spell Matrix in stat language?

mavsfan1000
03-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Matrix is the man. Glad we have him on our team.

Basketballgirl25
03-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Dallas vs Denver, to teams I would never watch play each other both teams have a player that is overrated Dirk and Melo nuff said I'd rather watch the Ocean

monosylab1k
03-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Dallas vs Denver, to teams I would never watch play each other both teams have a player that is overrated Dirk and Melo nuff said I'd rather watch the Ocean

stop posting.

Kyle Orton
03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Maybe next time you go on a cruise, you can trick some guy into giving you a lay, imho.

Findog
03-30-2010, 12:56 PM
We still don't have an answer for JR. He murders us every time. Jet just can't defended him worth a shit.

Jet at least played him to a draw in the fourth quarter. If you can't stop him, match him shot for shot. And don't forget, that Friend Killer dude would've made a great 2007 Golden State Warrior. That line-drive three pointer where he was falling out of bounds - dude has crazy 3-pt range and has a knack for making bullshit shots.

monosylab1k
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
That line-drive three pointer where he was falling out of bounds - dude has crazy 3-pt range and has a knack for making bullshit shots.

He actually made two of those. Really the only legit thing he had going for him last night was his runner. If he didn't make two bullshit 3's, he would have been 1-6 from long range. But imo when JR Smith sees Jet guarding him, he gets alot of confidence, which might lead to him making a few bullshitters.

stretch
03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
what helps Matrix on defending other stars is the fact that between him, Butler, and Dirk, they all make guys like Kobe, Lebron, or Carmello have to work on defense. In the past, opponents could put guys like them on Antoine Wright or Adrian Griffin or Greg Buckner because they wouldnt do anything on offense, so they could just sit around and play passing lanes. But now, with Butler and Marion, they are constantly going to have to work. Or as we saw last night, Carmello kept getting stuck on Dirk, and Dirk was tiring the hell out of him in the post and drawing fouls. So while I think Butler and Marion have been great defensively, another very big reason why the Mavs have such improved defense on the perimeter, because now opponents have to work on defense too.

Ricky C really needs to let Marion have some more plays ran for him posting up, and plays ran for Butler to allow him to work iso on the baseline. Both of them are much better offensive players when allowed to do that, and it will translate to more defense.

Tom Slick
03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
He actually made two of those. Really the only legit thing he had going for him last night was his runner. If he didn't make two bullshit 3's, he would have been 1-6 from long range. But imo when JR Smith sees Jet guarding him, he gets alot of confidence, which might lead to him making a few bullshitters.

JR smith should grow a beard if the Nuggets want to beat the mavs this year IMHO

Basketballgirl25
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
stop posting.

why? because find Dirk and Melo overrated, you can like both of them if you want, but I don't. It's all good dawg

Mr.ChugDynasty
03-30-2010, 02:04 PM
why? because find Dirk and Melo overrated, you can like both of them if you want, but I don't. It's all good dawg

:lol nets fan talking overrated players when they have Devin "Jesus Christ" Harris as their "star player"

badfish22
03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
I dunno if you guys forgot, but until the 40 point game by rodrigue the mavs have looked HORRIBLE... Not one good thing has came out of the past few games except rodrigue playing good when he got the chance, such as in the LAC and GSW game. So they both have been playing pretty shitty but luckily the mavs pulled their shit together and won by 16.

How are you liking blowjob?

badfish22
03-30-2010, 05:57 PM
zYY1WJQBxFs

badfish22
03-30-2010, 05:59 PM
He didn't get the horse part right tbh

Rogue
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
why shouldn't Carlisle use Caron Butler head to head against JR? He can simply relegate Caron to bench to bring JET back to his starting five, and substitute Caron in as soon as JR comes off the bench. Stevenson plays solid D and would probably do efficaciously guarding JR, but imo he cripples our offense which easily prevails over what he's capable of in defense.

Basketballgirl25
03-31-2010, 06:14 AM
:lol nets fan talking overrated players when they have Devin "Jesus Christ" Harris as their "star player"

actually we have Brook Lopez as the star player for the Nets, Devin is good, and I think if we get a good player this offseason and Devin is still a Nets starting he could be good again, Brook Lopez hands down is the best Net since Kidd, heck he might even be better then Kidd as a Net, Kidd was older when he was a Net Brook Lopez is 21 almost 22(birthday is April 1st) and has been doing prob the best all season

Texas Chili Dog
03-31-2010, 06:34 AM
actually we have Brook Lopez as the star player for the Nets, Devin is good, and I think if we get a good player this offseason and Devin is still a Nets starting he could be good again, Brook Lopez hands down is the best Net since Kidd, heck he might even be better then Kidd as a Net, Kidd was older when he was a Net Brook Lopez is 21 almost 22(birthday is April 1st) and has been doing prob the best all season

Every team has to have a best player.

Basketballgirl25
03-31-2010, 07:34 AM
Every team has to have a best player.

Yup, Nets have Brook, Dallas has Dirk, Knicks have well I don't know who Knicks have:lol, Lakers have Kobe, Cavs have Lebron, every team has one and even the worst best player on a team is better then any fan that talks about them:toast.

mavsfan1000
03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
why shouldn't Carlisle use Caron Butler head to head against JR? He can simply relegate Caron to bench to bring JET back to his starting five, and substitute Caron in as soon as JR comes off the bench. Stevenson plays solid D and would probably do efficaciously guarding JR, but imo he cripples our offense which easily prevails over what he's capable of in defense.
JET kills our defense. But I'm in favor of starting Beaubois at the 2 and have JET and Butler come off the bench.

TheManFromAcme
03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
I am still trying to figure out how anyone can use "beloved" regarding the Mavs. Those 2 words just don't go together.