PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Spurs-Sonics in Round 2

HB22inSA
05-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Any thoughts?

TDMVPDPOY
05-04-2005, 12:34 AM
i think we got the perimter players solve, only problem is see i there big players who like to play phsyical and punkd our players, lets just hope it wont turn out to be like the last few games in the nuggets series where players are pulling cheap shots at us.

nacho estrada
05-04-2005, 12:35 AM
I think you are foolishly looking past Game 5.

SilverPlayer
05-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Yeah I'm exstatic. I get to go to a game. Sonics are going to be tough. They may be a no d team but they can sure hit the three ball at very dangerous times.

Anyone know when tickets usually become available online and whats the best way to buy them? I'm trying to buy four seats up here in seatle and keep refreshing at ticketmaster.

HB22inSA
05-04-2005, 12:38 AM
If the Spurs finish Denver off tonight, I wonder when Game 1 will be, Saturday or Sunday?

kolko
05-04-2005, 01:16 AM
If the Spurs finish Denver off tonight, I wonder when Game 1 will be, Saturday or Sunday?

They won't start the second round until the first one is complete so I think it will be in the middle of next week.

ggoose25
05-04-2005, 01:26 AM
im worried about barry showing up in this series against his former team. How did he fare against Seattle in the regular season?

TheWriter
05-04-2005, 01:30 AM
They won't start the second round until the first one is complete so I think it will be in the middle of next week.

Actually, the series starts as soon as both teams advance to the round.

Should start this weekend.

TheWriter
05-04-2005, 01:30 AM
im worried about barry showing up in this series against his former team. How did he fare against Seattle in the regular season?

It doesn't matter.

The playoffs is a clean sheet.

Anything and everything that happened in the regular season wins jack now.

SilverPlayer
05-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Can someone answer my question about when Seattle's tickets might go on sale. They just finished their first round, I was just under the impression that they were available online immediately following advancement.

spursfan05
05-04-2005, 01:47 AM
they still have to finish off the nuggets stop trying to jinx us

SilverPlayer
05-04-2005, 01:53 AM
I'm not trying to jinx us honestly, I never look ahead of the next game, but as a person who lives up here, I have to take a somewhat more realistic approach. Tickets sell out. I'd rather have the tickets and have to sell them, then not get to go.

Gerryatrics
05-04-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure when they start selling tickets for the first two games at Key Arena. I've looked but I haven't seen any info anywhere. I haven't gotten any notices or presale offers or anything either. I'm actually kind of glad they haven't gone on sale yet since I wont be able to order them until tomorrow anyway, I'd at least like a shot at getting my hands on some tickets.

Mr. Body
05-04-2005, 02:12 AM

Should start this weekend.

Why do people always get stuff like this wrong?

No. They wait until all the first round games are over. You wouldn't want one team to get to the Finals a month before the other, do you?

Obstructed_View
05-04-2005, 02:15 AM
I think you are foolishly looking past Game 5.
It's a good thing we aren't playing. If anyone sees one of the Spurs players on this board report it to a mod ASAP! If the Spurs can't close this one out they won't beat Seattle anyway.

How the hell does Ray Allen go in for a layup against three guys and not one of them jumps? Miller and Peja just stood there? Ray jumped about four inches in the air and spun the ball in. Any of them could have blocked it if they'd tried.

SilverPlayer
05-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Thanks Gerryatrics, see you (and the 20k others) at game four if you go. Hope your team goes down hard, whether its us or Denver doing it.

/will probably root for the sonics if they play denver.
//its going to be the spurs

exstatic
05-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Why do people always get stuff like this wrong?

No. They wait until all the first round games are over. You wouldn't want one team to get to the Finals a month before the other, do you?

No they don't. The NBA wants product continuously on the air, not on the shelf. Stern would never have seven teams sitting idle waiting for one seven game first round series to end before they could play.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2005, 07:37 AM
man...I have been watching this series...neither one of these teams plays any defense...The Kings especially, just looked awful. Next series with Spurs/Sonics should be a very different looking game...

boutons
05-04-2005, 08:07 AM
"The NBA wants product continuously on the air"

The 7th games of the first rounds would be next Sunday, 8 May.

So when the will Sonics-Spurs/Nuggets series start?

Extra Stout
05-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Why do people always get stuff like this wrong?I don't know. Take a good long look at yourself and figure it out.

No. They wait until all the first round games are over. You wouldn't want one team to get to the Finals a month before the other, do you? For many years, I have remembered playoff doubleheaders featuring Game 1 of a second-round series followed by Game 7 of a first-round series. This has not changed.

yavozerb
05-04-2005, 09:13 AM
There is no way the sonics inside guys could be more physical as the nuggets and certaintly not as deep...I am a little weary of allen though, the guy is on fire right now..

Jimcs50
05-04-2005, 09:22 AM
There is no way the sonics inside guys could be more physical as the nuggets and certaintly not as deep...I am a little weary of allen though, the guy is on fire right now..

Yeah and we have the

http://www.safelincs.co.uk/shopimages/sections/thumbnails/POWDER2.jpg

http://espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/3167.jpg

Mr. Body
05-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Stern would never have seven teams sitting idle waiting for one seven game first round series to end before they could play.

Document a case when two teams are well into their next round match-up before others have finished a previous round.

exstatic
05-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Document a case when two teams are well into their next round match-up before others have finished a previous round.

Document a case where they made everyone wait until the first round was over before playing a second round game.

SPURS21
05-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Mr Body you are 100% WRONG

I've even heard on several broadcasts that the second round amtchups start this weekend

T Park
05-04-2005, 01:17 PM
I remember round 2 in the east starting up last year, when a first round matchup wasn't done in the West.

Mr. Body
05-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Mr Body you are 100% WRONG

I've even heard on several broadcasts that the second round amtchups start this weekend

Dude said the next round starts whenever two teams are ready. That's not true. I said that's not true.

If it's the last game of the previous round in another bracket when two teams are ready, of course they'll take advantage of the weekend viewership and get that first game in, but ONLY when they know the series will be over. ONLY if it's a Game Seven. THEY WOULD NOT START THE NEXT ROUND THIS WEEKEND IF THOSE SERIES WERE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR RUNS. It would be stupid to do it. If Dallas swept Houston like Phoenix swept Memphis but the rest of the brackets were taking a while, THEY WOULD BE WAITING, TOO.

If you let teams start just whenever they're ready, you risk having the WCF champion or the ECF champion have to wait weeks should the other conference run full seven-game series each round. THEY HAVE TO WAIT. This isn't the same as not letting them play Game 1, Round 2 on Sunday if Game 7, Round 1 of another series is later that same day - of course they'd do that.

What was suggested was they'd let Game 1, Round 2 play when Game 5, Round 1 is still going on. THAT NEVER HAPPENS.

I am 100% right on the point I was making. Everybody needs to learn how to read a goddamn sentence.

Jimcs50
05-04-2005, 01:26 PM
If SA wins tonight and Houston wins tomorrow, SA will not start it's 2nd rd with Seattle until Houston and Dallas play game 7. So SA starts on Sunday instead of Friday.

tlongII
05-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Sonics over Spurs in 6.

Extra Stout
05-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Sonics over Spurs in 6.1979 forum.

Felonius Monk
05-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Everybody needs to learn how to read a goddamn sentence.

How about this goddamn sentence?

They wait until all the first round games are over.

This goddamn sentence comes from your first post on the matter.

GrandeDavid
05-04-2005, 02:33 PM
I say take care of business in Game 5 against Denver first. Hopefully none of the Spurs are looking ahead.

goliath
05-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Well, the SBC was blocked out on Sunday for a Nug-spur game 7 so my guess is if we advance tonight game 1 will be Sunday

Mr. Body
05-04-2005, 03:38 PM
FM:

This is the referenced sentence in question.

Inequivocal, no? We're all fucking idiots.

SilverPlayer
05-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Got my tickets for game 4 round 2 up here....Section 113...Hopefully behind our bench. Go Spurs. Can't wait to see them in action again.
http://seatdata.com/images/nba_supersonics/800x600/113.jpg

Felonius Monk
05-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Your first post in the thread:

"Why do people always get stuff like this wrong?

No. They wait until all the first round games are over. You wouldn't want one team to get to the Finals a month before the other, do you?"

Your second posit:

"Document a case when two teams are well into their next round match-up before others have finished a previous round."

Note the change in your posts. You go from "until all first round games are over" to "well into the next round."

In your third post, you clarify further and identify precisely what happened in 2004 in the Miami - New Orleans first round series that was still going after the SA - LA and Det - NJ conference semis had started.

Inequivocal, no? We're all fucking idiots.

But you made an unequivocal statement in your first post that was clearly wrong and in definite conflict with your second and third posts. I'll let the second sentence in the quote stand for itself.

RonMexico
05-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Suns over Spurs 4-1

NZHayden
05-04-2005, 06:37 PM
what was the spurs - sonics series result.

HB22inSA
05-04-2005, 07:02 PM
As long as San Antonio wins tonight, I think it will be Sunday.

The series is tied 2-2, with each team winning on the other's home court once.