PDA

View Full Version : Where the 8th seed happen????

Rapper
03-30-2010, 01:18 AM
Man try to think out of the box, the 8th seed is not that bad in some respects

Spurs, just do what the knicks did in 1999 playoffs

DesignatedT
03-30-2010, 01:19 AM
exactly.

hsxvvd
03-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Agreed. We're not getting home court either way.

LA, Dallas or Denver.

Really, if I had my pick... it'd be the Lakers or Dallas anyway.

alchemist
03-30-2010, 01:23 AM
I don't see the big deal, they're not getting home court. 1-8 is a beast, no easy teams very balanced. I say just get those 50 wins and rest the Manu/Tim

boutons_deux
03-30-2010, 03:31 AM
Seed doesn't matter.

Spurs are out in first round, 0-4, or a miraculous 2-4.

SpurmzKilla
03-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Man try to think out of the box, the 8th seed is not that bad in some respects

Spurs, just do what the knicks did in 1999 playoffs

great idea, lose your agein franchiz big man to injury, play a few dudez outta position, hahahahhaaha and then get face fukd in the finals!!!! hahaha can't wait 2c dat shit!

yo actually thinking bout dat shit iz hillarrious.

1999 knciks
no big men

2010 spurm
no big men

hahahaaha

1999 knicks
undersized 'big' man wit no mo knees tryin 2b a jump shotta

dittoe

kurt thomas marcus cambe 40 year old herb williams
chris dudley

kurt thomas wish they had marcus camby another 40 year old virgin
matt boner

Josepatches_
03-30-2010, 05:24 AM
If we want to win the championship we would have to face the Lakers anyway so I have no problem to face them in the first round.

If Tp is back and Manu can play like he did last 10-15 games we could have chance

Bruno
03-30-2010, 06:55 AM
I don't care at all about Spurs playoffs seed. What was important was to make the playoffs and Spurs will make them baring a huge disaster.

Home court advantage is nearly meaningless in 7 games series and Spurs will have to beat Lakers at one point or another of the playoffs if they want to win the title.

There are even an edge to end with a low playoff seed: a higher draft pick.

raspsa
03-30-2010, 07:00 AM
The most important thing is that everyone is healthy entering the playoffs. Seeding is a secondary concern as all opponents will be tough. Spurs were never favorites to begin with so they really have nothing to lose. As for Timmy, I think the POs will revitalize him and hopefully McDyess also.

Bartleby
03-30-2010, 07:00 AM
If/when it becomes clear that the Spurs are locked into the eighth seed with a few regular season games still left to play, the Spurs starters can get some much needed rest.

TJastal
03-30-2010, 07:06 AM
I don't care at all about Spurs playoffs seed. What was important was to make the playoffs and Spurs will make them baring a huge disaster.

Home court advantage is nearly meaningless in 7 games series and Spurs will have to beat Lakers at one point or another of the playoffs if they want to win the title.

There are even an edge to end with a low playoff seed: a higher draft pick.

This is pretty foolish thinking that homecourt is meaningless, it can be a huge advantage psychologically. The spurs have ("had" might be a more proper term now) a real opportunity to move up and secure a high seed and avoid the lakers in the 1st round, when Parker will be just coming back from months of sitting and the laker starters + Odom will be well rested and fresh.

TJastal
03-30-2010, 07:09 AM
If/when it becomes clear that the Spurs are locked into the eighth seed with a few regular season games still left to play, the Spurs starters can get some much needed rest.

You act like that should be the spurs' goal to lock that 8th seed down. If we're shooting that low we might as well hope for a lottery pick instead.

Bartleby
03-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Nope, just pointing out that the probability of a rested Spurs team getting past the Lakers may not be all that different than their chances of getting past Denver, Dallas, Utah etc.

alchemist
03-30-2010, 07:18 AM
This is pretty foolish thinking that homecourt is meaningless, it can be a huge advantage psychologically. The spurs have ("had" might be a more proper term now) a real opportunity to move up and secure a high seed and avoid the lakers in the 1st round, when Parker will be just coming back from months of sitting and the laker starters + Odom will be well rested and fresh.
The loss against the Nets was backbreaking if they had hopes of getting homecourt. It was the easiest game they had for the rest of the season. They would have to win a majority of these tough games to go and hope that Phoenix stumbles in their last 5 tough games to catch them. It's very possible but they'll need some luck along the way.

TJastal
03-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Nope, just pointing out that the probability of a rested Spurs team getting past the Lakers may not be all that different than their chances of getting past Denver, Dallas, Utah etc.

The timing couldn't be worse IMO. Spurs would have a much better shot at knocking off the champions the furthur into the playoffs and the reasons are plainly obvious.

#1 reason) The guy who has traditionally been the biggest matchup problem for them, Tony Parker, will be rusty and trying to work his way back into playing shape.

#2 reason) Lakers are just coasting along right now knowing they have a 5 game cushion on the rest of the west. They will enter the playoffs well rested and ready to do battle. They aren't very deep however and by the WCF (if they make it that far) their starters are going to be gassed and vulnerable.

Bartleby
03-30-2010, 07:33 AM
The timing couldn't be worse IMO. Spurs would have a much better shot at knocking off the champions the furthur into the playoffs and the reasons are plainly obvious.

#1 reason) The guy who has traditionally been the biggest matchup problem for them, Tony Parker, will be rusty and trying to work his way back into playing shape.

#2 reason) Lakers are just coasting along right now knowing they have a 5 game cushion on the rest of the west. They will enter the playoffs well rested and ready to do battle. They aren't very deep however and by the WCF (if they make it that far) their starters are going to be gassed and vulnerable.

If the Spurs were to somehow get out of the eighth seed, it's highly likely that the effort would require big minutes from Tim and Manu. They're already showing signs of fatigue, so what will they look like if they have to go all out all the way to the end of the regular season?

Either way the Spurs are underdogs, and while the path to the finals may be harder if they get the eighth seed, I don't think the difference is as great as some people may be led to believe.

smeagol
03-30-2010, 07:40 AM
People who complain about losing against the Nets because of seeding are dumb mother fuckers. Whoever makes it to the NBA Finals will have to go through the LAL. Period.

TJastal
03-30-2010, 07:45 AM
People who complain about losing against the Nets because of seeding are dumb mother fuckers. Whoever makes it to the NBA Finals will have to go through the LAL. Period.

+100000000000

Smeagol you are a genius, friend. You have stumbled upon the a secret of nba playoff success, locking down that 8th seed!!!

:lmao

fyatuk
03-30-2010, 08:14 AM
If we want to win the championship we would have to face the Lakers anyway so I have no problem to face them in the first round.

If Tp is back and Manu can play like he did last 10-15 games we could have chance

Problem with that being that TP probably won't play until the playoffs, so he'd be out of sync for the first round.

I'd rather avoid Lakers/Dallas/Denver in the first round just to get the team time to figure out how to work with TP again, but otherwise, who cares.

Flux451
03-30-2010, 09:17 AM

Exactly.

Might be a good idea to give Malik or Temple more burn. Who knows whats up with Mason, but we are gonna need another shooter.

SpurCharger
03-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Id Rather have denver in the 1st Round.... The Mavs play Us strong.... and LA would sweep us...

TDomination
03-30-2010, 10:35 AM

It can also be a psychological advantage knowing that you are the 8th and being expected to lose. Win 1 of the first 2 games at L.A and all of a sudden, not only do we gain the homecourt edge, we gain the psychological edge.

DesignatedT
03-30-2010, 12:34 PM
we dont want la... im hopin utah jumps up to that 2 seed and we finish 7. im still not afraid of them

dbestpro
03-30-2010, 12:36 PM
I prefer LA. This way we either move to the top of the ladder or put an end to this dreadful season.

easy7
03-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Just get the 8th seed, beat the Mavs who hopefully can get the first spot and then lose to Utah in the second round... Have a parade like we won the finals ala Mavs and be satisfied that we achieved what we wanted for every season ever since we lost to the Heat. What? It has been done before? Damn.

FeZZy
03-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Lose to themselves in the finals?