PDA

View Full Version : Now that every Big 12 team is eliminated...

K-State Spur
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
pick the conference for next year. Does anybody see a team other than KU, KSU, or Baylor reigning supreme?

Indazone
03-30-2010, 12:13 PM
They all typically get eliminated before or at the Great 8

K-State Spur
03-30-2010, 08:29 PM
They all typically get eliminated before or at the Great 8

Bill Self is 2 years removed from a title. Frank Martin and Scott Drew are just starting to get their programs rolling, so it's hard to build too much of a track record off of that.

Really, only Rick Barnes has been around long enough and had enough tournament disappointments for that track record.

lebomb
03-31-2010, 06:39 AM
pick the conference for next year. Does anybody see a team other than KU, KSU, or Baylor reigning supreme?

To me its the teams you mentioned.............KU, KSU and Baylor. Everyone else will be a slight notch below. OU, Texas and A&M .........IMHO. :toast

johngateswhiteley
03-31-2010, 11:38 AM

I'm on the fence about A&M next year...they could surprise some people again.

sloan will be a big loss, but they have some solid players returning and some very good young ones. Who will play point?

K-State Spur
03-31-2010, 12:37 PM
A&M will be a team to be reckoned with again. But I think they will have to overachieve again to match this year's result.

Doug Collins
03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm on the fence about A&M next year...they could surprise some people again.

sloan will be a big loss, but they have some solid players returning and some very good young ones. Who will play point?

Dash is playing pg just like he did this year. It'll be interesting to see how Turgeon uses BJ, if he keeps him as a 6th man or starts him next to Harris with Harris being the primary ball handler.

I can see the starters being:
Harris pg
Hibbert sg
Middleton sf
Turner/Walkup pf
Loubeau c

I think they'll be top 5 in conference, but they could also struggle.

Not to highjack the thread into an Aggie one.

I think top 4 (in no particular order) will be KU, KSU, BU, and Texas. After that it's a complete toss up. Colorado could move up a bit and be 3rd in the North.

K-State Spur
03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Colorado should finally be ready to upset some of the bigger boys here or there, but I don't think they'll be ready to pass Mizzou - who could be better (also could be worse) next year than they were this.

johngateswhiteley
03-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Dash is playing pg just like he did this year. It'll be interesting to see how Turgeon uses BJ, if he keeps him as a 6th man or starts him next to Harris with Harris being the primary ball handler.

I can see the starters being:
Harris pg
Hibbert sg
Middleton sf
Turner/Walkup pf
Loubeau c

I think they'll be top 5 in conference, but they could also struggle.

Not to highjack the thread into an Aggie one.

I think top 4 (in no particular order) will be KU, KSU, BU, and Texas. After that it's a complete toss up. Colorado could move up a bit and be 3rd in the North.

Right, but sloan would run point too. BJ surprised at point sometimes...wasn't bad. I hope Dash improves his decision making.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-31-2010, 11:05 PM
I'll go JGW-homer style and say Texas

DesignatedT
03-31-2010, 11:07 PM
There are definitely some question marks concerning the aggies next year. they will be competitive but its going to be hard to top this year...

Losing Sloan and Davis is going to take a big hit in the locker room and with the attitude of this team but they still have talent..

they have 4 freshman coming in over 6'9 and are going to have to get some immediate play out of a couple.

We all know what Dash,BJ, and Loubeau are about and Loubeau is going to take this team over next year.

Middleton is the x-factor. if he plays like he did in the tournament then i think the aggies will be a force again.

johngateswhiteley
04-01-2010, 02:35 AM
There are definitely some question marks concerning the aggies next year. they will be competitive but its going to be hard to top this year...

Losing Sloan and Davis is going to take a big hit in the locker room and with the attitude of this team but they still have talent..

they have 4 freshman coming in over 6'9 and are going to have to get some immediate play out of a couple.

We all know what Dash,BJ, and Loubeau are about and Loubeau is going to take this team over next year.

Middleton is the x-factor. if he plays like he did in the tournament then i think the aggies will be a force again.

Loubeau is an animal...or at least he will be.