PDA

View Full Version : Child Abuse Prevention Month

ashbeeigh
03-30-2010, 11:49 AM
For the past few years April has been designated as Child Abuse Prevention Month.

Yesterday Child Protective Services (along with child placing agencies like mine, the Children's Shelter, Bair, and Pathways) got together to kick off the month with a big resource fair and campaign to bring awareness to the cause.

As part of the campaign my organization is asking individuals, businesses, and other non-profits to join together by decorating and wearing blue throughout April.

If you're in the SA area (anywhere from Floresville to say Kerrville) I would love to come out and decorate your office or drop off some blue stuff for you in support of the cause. (and just that...nothing else...come on now...)

And if you are feeling extra genorous we have some great big fluffy bows that we're selling for $25. All those proceeds go to our foster kids.

Let me know y'all. This will be my last thread about it.

Thanks!

Kori Ellis
03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Good cause, Ash :tu

angel_luv
03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
I wish I could have you come decorate the booth at the mall, but I don't have the authority to. You could call the mall office about it though. All the best to you.

ashbeeigh
04-06-2010, 09:36 PM
PS everyone should wear blue tomorrow because it's "Go Blue" day to show your support for Child Abuse Prevention month, not Mavs Day.

tlongII
04-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm down with this. I promise not to abuse a child this month.

baseline bum
04-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Shit, I was just going to wear blue to show my ETG affiliation.

Fpoonsie
04-07-2010, 07:40 AM
I think you only have to abstain from abusing children on Fridays, technically. (And then you can only beat fish, or something like that)

:lmao