PDA

View Full Version : Manu Shreds a Defense designed for him

angelroz
03-30-2010, 12:48 PM
http://celticshub.com/2010/03/30/video-manu-shreds-the-cs-defense/

found this in Celticshub's page.. i think its interesting..

WalterBenitez
03-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Nice finding, thanks for sharing!

Interesting and useful, for sure the "experiment" didn't work so next time C's defense will be ready, luckily Manu will be Manu again.

kaji157
03-30-2010, 01:10 PM
If i were any other team i would double or triple team Manu inmediatelly, and watch as the other Spurs will shoot 30% for the game.

phxspurfan
03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Ok, go over the screen and expect help under it. Sounds decent but they forgot that Manu always goes left.

D8-D9EnFEXA

Tony Allen should have jumped on Manu's left hip instead of his right and that may have forced Manu to pass the ball. He deson't really shoot threes fading to his right.

Shastafarian
03-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Tony Allen should have jumped on Manu's left hip instead of his right and that may have forced Manu to pass the ball. He deson't really shoot threes fading to his right.

Wouldn't work. If Allen goes right (manu's left) Blair is all by himself and Manu would surely pass it to him. Allen going right would create an unforced double team.

MarCowMar
03-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Interesting comment re: manu3, where Bonner draws KG the protector away from the basket.

Thomas82
03-30-2010, 04:32 PM
If i were any other team i would double or triple team Manu inmediatelly, and watch as the other Spurs will shoot 30% for the game.

The thing about that strategy is, you have to be sure that everybody else is struggling. If you focus on taking away one man, that gives everybody else a chance to step up.

kaji157
03-30-2010, 04:53 PM
The thing about that strategy is, you have to be sure that everybody else is struggling. If you focus on taking away one man, that gives everybody else a chance to step up.

You do it the end of the 3rd and at the end of the 4th, and you are sure all the Spurs will struggle...

Who will hit clutch shots? Mason? Bonner?

The last game we took Manu out early we needed to re insert him to finish of Boston with back´s pain.

arles
03-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Great article! Thanx for sharing it :D