PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Texas Rangers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Melmart1
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
I believe the Rangers will win the West, but it won't be easy. The Mariners improved quite a bit this offseason (on paper, at least) and I think Oakland is a potential sleeper. And I guess we can never count out the Angels, although I think they their window is closed for awhile.

Of course, I just read that Kinsler will likely start the year on the DL. :bang
http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/03/kinsler_most_likely_headed_for.html

ATRAIN
03-30-2010, 01:41 PM
King Felix will own the Rangers........well for my fantasy team I surely hope so :).

Melmart1
03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
And the Rangers will own the Silver Boot once again. Sorry, Astros fan.

whottt
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
It's the Rangers year. For the playoffs at least.

ATRAIN
03-30-2010, 01:54 PM
And the Rangers will own the Silver Boot once again. Sorry, Astros fan.

:lmao

Yeah probably but like I have always said, who gives a rats ass about some stupid fucking boot.

RedsLakers24
03-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Lets Go Reds

Melmart1
03-30-2010, 02:00 PM

Yeah probably but like I have always said, who gives a rats ass about some stupid fucking boot.

You care enough to curse over it repeatedly, in multiple threads.

ATRAIN
03-30-2010, 02:05 PM
You care enough to curse over it repeatedly, in multiple threads.

Just because you and Mono keep bringing it up year in and year out when everyone knows its a joke of a title.

Melmart1
03-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Just because you and Mono keep bringing it up year in and year out when everyone knows its a joke of a title.

The fact that you've responded twice clearly shows you don't care.

Whisky Dog
03-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I have hope but also concern. The bats need to start the season hot and stay fairly consistent across the board. They've been quiet in ST so far.

The rotation worries me. Harden is an unknown, and although his velocity is starting to increase as the season draws near he is clearly a fastball dominated strikeout pitcher who can be susceptible to long balls in the DFW heat. CJ has been impressive but still unknown as a strter, Feldman is the best thing going in the rotation and hopefully will live up to last season. Colby Lewis is a huge unknown since he's been throwing to Japanese hitters the last couple years and has been up and down in ST. Harrison has been damn good and Hunter's been out. Lot of question marks there.

ATRAIN
03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
The fact that you've responded twice clearly shows you don't care.

I never bring it up, its always some Rangers fan that has nothing else to hold on to.

Melmart1
03-30-2010, 06:13 PM
I never bring it up, its always some Rangers fan that has nothing else to hold on to.

I didn't say you bring it up. But you sure as hell don't know how to leave it alone.

Melmart1
03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
I have hope but also concern. The bats need to start the season hot and stay fairly consistent across the board. They've been quiet in ST so far.

The rotation worries me. Harden is an unknown, and although his velocity is starting to increase as the season draws near he is clearly a fastball dominated strikeout pitcher who can be susceptible to long balls in the DFW heat. CJ has been impressive but still unknown as a strter, Feldman is the best thing going in the rotation and hopefully will live up to last season. Colby Lewis is a huge unknown since he's been throwing to Japanese hitters the last couple years and has been up and down in ST. Harrison has been damn good and Hunter's been out. Lot of question marks there.

There are questions about the rotation, sure. But we got guys like Derek Holland in AAA, whereas in years past we had crap in AAA. That is the main difference. There is so much pitching depth that the rotation doesn't worry me nearly as much as it normally would.

ATRAIN
03-30-2010, 08:20 PM
I didn't say you bring it up. But you sure as hell don't know how to leave it alone.

Leave it alone, you brought it up lol.

Melmart1
03-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah, because I know you can't leave it alone.

monosylab1k
03-31-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure what to think of the Rangers this season. There was alot to be encouraged about after last year, and there's alot to be encouraged about in terms of new ownership. But I just don't know if this is the year.

Texas will have the best bullpen in baseball. That's a given. They're absolutely loaded at that spot. I don't agree with keeping Feliz in the pen, but I don't hate the idea either. He could easily be the best closer in baseball within a year or two, and stay that way for another 15. I'm not nearly as confident about our starting rotation. It seems like we're putting a whole lot of faith in guys who have never shown an ability to stay healthy. Talentwise, our starters are definitely a step above last season. Essentially trading Harden for Millwood increased the talent but I don't see Harden putting in that workhorse inning total that Millwood put in. I have a feeling we're going to regret letting him go.

Offensively, it all depends on the youngsters. Can Borbon take another step? Can Davis keep his momentum going? Can Smoak come in at some point and contribute?

I have faith Kinsler will turn it around, and that Vlad will come up big for one last year. The key on offense is being able to produce runs while expecting nothing out of Josh Hamilton. Amazing how a year ago we all thought he was headed for superstardom. Now, I'd take a .260/25/80 season out of him without thinking twice.

Overall, this team has what it takes to win the West. It all depends on if they can stay healthy, and if the offense can rebound from an abysmal 2009.

I say they go 90-72 this season, and hopefully that's enough to get into the playoffs.

whottt
03-31-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure what to think of the Rangers this season. There was alot to be encouraged about after last year, and there's alot to be encouraged about in terms of new ownership. But I just don't know if this is the year.

Texas will have the best bullpen in baseball. That's a given. They're absolutely loaded at that spot. I don't agree with keeping Feliz in the pen, but I don't hate the idea either. He could easily be the best closer in baseball within a year or two, and stay that way for another 15. I'm not nearly as confident about our starting rotation. It seems like we're putting a whole lot of faith in guys who have never shown an ability to stay healthy. Talentwise, our starters are definitely a step above last season. Essentially trading Harden for Millwood increased the talent but I don't see Harden putting in that workhorse inning total that Millwood put in. I have a feeling we're going to regret letting him go.

Offensively, it all depends on the youngsters. Can Borbon take another step? Can Davis keep his momentum going? Can Smoak come in at some point and contribute?

I have faith Kinsler will turn it around, and that Vlad will come up big for one last year. The key on offense is being able to produce runs while expecting nothing out of Josh Hamilton. Amazing how a year ago we all thought he was headed for superstardom. Now, I'd take a .260/25/80 season out of him without thinking twice.

Overall, this team has what it takes to win the West. It all depends on if they can stay healthy, and if the offense can rebound from an abysmal 2009.

I say they go 90-72 this season, and hopefully that's enough to get into the playoffs.

The Tom Hicks era is over. Dude is a corporate raider...he knows nothing about building. Tom Hicks was the worst thing that ever happened to the Rangers.

Nolan Ryan OTOH was already the best thing that ever happened to the Rangers, and now he owns the team. And no one wants a World Series more than Nolan does.

The least stupid person in all of pro-sports now owns the Rangers. Sit back and enjoy the trip

whottt
03-31-2010, 01:34 AM
I realize I overestimated the impact of Nolan for the last 2 years btw...I was expecting him to do for the Rangers what he did for the Astros last time he was there...he didn't do it, wasn't pro-active much at all with the pitchers and I couldn't figure out why until he wound up owning the team. Makes total sense now....seeing as how he intended to buy the team.

Keep in mind that in addition to being an outstanding businessman with a once in an eternity right arm...he also is a genius pitching coach that can turn a pitcher from a typical run of the mill hard thrower into one of the greatest pitchers in history and automatic first ballot HOF'er, with a 15 minute practice session(Randy Johnson).

It's going to be good :tu

whottt
03-31-2010, 03:38 AM
My expectations today are that we're going to be extremely competitive and if we don't win our division, I'll be disappointed.
—Nolan Ryan, ESPNDallas.com: January 26, 2010.

When you hear Nolan say something like that...just realize you are listening to such a master of non-controversrial and humble coach speak he typically makes Mack Brown seem like Muhammad Ali or Joe Namath in comparison.

It's going to be good. And soon :tu

Whisky Dog
03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
I realize I overestimated the impact of Nolan for the last 2 years btw...I was expecting him to do for the Rangers what he did for the Astros last time he was there...he didn't do it, wasn't pro-active much at all with the pitchers and I couldn't figure out why until he wound up owning the team. Makes total sense now....seeing as how he intended to buy the team.

Keep in mind that in addition to being an outstanding businessman with a once in an eternity right arm...he also is a genius pitching coach that can turn a pitcher from a typical run of the mill hard thrower into one of the greatest pitchers in history and automatic first ballot HOF'er, with a 15 minute practice session(Randy Johnson).

It's going to be good :tu

I can't tell if youre serious or facetious with that "Ryan made Randy Johnson in 15 min" stuff

whottt
04-01-2010, 12:24 AM
I can't tell if youre serious or facetious with that "Ryan made Randy Johnson in 15 min" stuff

I am 100% dead serious. He also gave Bobby Witt some advice that sent Bobby Witt on a the holy terror of his career...until he blew his arm out. Seems like Witt won 17 in a row after working with Nolan.

Astors made the WS when he hung with their pitchers for spring training. Yeah some of it was Clemens and Pettitte of course, but they both idolize Nolan. Roger Clemens idolizes Nolan Ryan. Think about that for a second.

Nolan? He was the real deal. Not a typical human being. And he turned himself from a wild arm thrower into a power pitcher...there was no one wilder than Nolan, and it was not talent that lead to him overcoming his wildness...it was something he worked at, as was maintaining his mechanics and developing his one of kind circle change. That's why he can do what most freaks of his nature in sports cannot...and impart part of what he could do, to others, in the coaching sense.

In other words...our pitching is about to kick the shit out of the American league. That's right...Ranger pitching.

whottt
04-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Remember this...in 1987 Nolan had what most doctors would have called a career ending injury for a 40 year old man. He tore a tendon in his elbow that "required" surgery to fix.

He did not get surgery, he simply let it heal over with scar tissue...and went on to pitch 2 more no hiiters and rack up another 1000 or so K's after the age of 40 with what should have been a blown out arm.

By the way, this works, I tore a ligament in my knee skiing and just let it heal and I can walk and run and do everything, other than just jump around endlessly. Just let it heal...like they did before they knew what ligaments were.

In 1993 at the age of 47 that scar tissue finally gave out in the last game of Nolan's career....he threw a pitch, felt his arm pop and knew it was over. He threw one more pitch just to make sure and there was no doubt to Nolan at least...that pitch he threw with a blown out arm, at the age of 47, the final pitch of his career was a 98 MPH fastball.

Most definitely not a normal human being. Most definitely a legend in the true sense.

Everyone talks about the fathers and sons he struck out...I believe I remmber him mentioning in an interview that in spring training he actually struck out a grandfather, father, son combination. That would be the Bell family...Gus, Buddy and David.

People often exaggerate feats to make people seem more legendary than they are...you don't have to do that with Nolan. He actually did the shit.

Yes...a 15 minute session with Nolan turned Randy Johnson from a wild thrower with potential(exactly like Nolan was for many years) into probably the most dominant left hander in history. And if you don't believe me...Randy Johnson(another guy who idolizes Nolan) has mentioned it many times.

15 minute session with Nolan.

I actually have bad memories of it because Nolan was still pitching when he did it and Randy Johnson was still with the Mariners in our divsion...and Johnson promptly started tearing the Rangers a new asshole with what Nolan taught him about control. It was like geez Nolan...nice fucking job there slick.

He probably would have done it more often with other pitchers except he hates giving advice, does not feel it's his place to go up and tell people how to pitch, and only does it when someone asks him.

Whisky Dog
04-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Ok, fair enough. I feel you overestimate his god like abilities to impart greatness a bit, but I have no doubt he and Maddox are definitely improving the staff's abilities. We'll see how well guys like Feliz, Holland, Scheppers, Kasey Kiker, and Martin Perez do as very young pitches with good to great potential in this system. I hope you're right.

whottt
04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Ok, fair enough. I feel you overestimate his god like abilities to impart greatness a bit, but I have no doubt he and Maddox are definitely improving the staff's abilities. We'll see how well guys like Feliz, Holland, Scheppers, Kasey Kiker, and Martin Perez do as very young pitches with good to great potential in this system. I hope you're right.

IF they are a fast ball pitcher Nolan can fix them like no other. More importantly, they listen to him.

As far as an overestimation...if we were talking about a mere mortal I probably would be, however...I'm not:

But his untapped talent was volcanic: in 1990, Johnson became the first left-hander to strike out Wade Boggs three times in one game, and a no-hitter against the Detroit Tigers attested to his potential. Johnson credits a session with Nolan Ryan late in the 1992 season with helping him take his career to the next level; Ryan has said that he appreciated Johnson's talent and did not want to see him take as long to figure certain things out as he had taken. Ryan recommended a slight change in his delivery; before the meeting, Johnson would land on the heel of his foot after delivering a pitch, and as such, he usually landed offline from home plate. Ryan suggested that he land on the ball of his foot, and almost immediately, he began finding the strike zone more consistently.[2]

Prior to that meeting Randy Johnson had a career record of 46-61, the very next season Johnson would go 19-8 and go on a streak of 11 consecutive winning seasons in which his W-L would be 175-58 with 5 CY Youngs. He went from averageing well over 5bb/9 to under 3bb/9.

Pre-meeting - 46-61
Post meeting(up until he got arm troubles) - 175-58

Land on the ball of his foot instead of his heel...said Nolan.

Chris
04-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Feldman just signed a 2 year extension :toast

ATRAIN
04-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Lets go Jays

Melmart1
04-05-2010, 02:55 PM
:flipoff

Whisky Dog
04-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Opening day, Cruz jacks a 3 run shot in the 7th in front of a packed house to tie the game, then Neftali completely sucks ass and gives up a run in the 8th. Dude is topping out at 97, WTF happened to his 102 heat?

Melmart1
04-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Hello, Salty. Hello, Win Column! :)

Whisky Dog
04-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Nice recovery. Young-Vlad-Cruz tearing it up clutch and Salty surprisingly coming up big. Nice come from behind opening day win.

Texas Chili Dog
04-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Great walk off!! :clap

Whisky Dog
04-08-2010, 08:36 PM
How do you follow up that great walk off win? By blowing 2 straight and wasting 7 innings of shutout ball by CJ. Right now, the bats fucking suck.

Whisky Dog
04-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Frank Francisco strikes again. Horrible start to the yr, 2 blown saves in the 9th in the 1st 5 games.

dickface
04-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I know it's only 5 games into the season, but I've already had it with Josh Hamilton and Chris Davis. Get Justin Smoak up here tomorrow, please. That will solve one problem.

tlongII
04-10-2010, 06:06 PM
The M's got bailed out today. Starting 2-4 is bad enough, but 1-5 would have been disastrous. They need stay within contact until they get Cliff Lee back.

Melmart1
04-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Food poisoning from a fricken chicken sandwich puts four players out including Wilson, who was supposed to start today. But Colby Lewis steps in and the offense seems to be wholeheartedly awake now. Starting pitcher ERA under 3. It's an exciting time to be a Rangers fan.

Whisky Dog
04-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Nelson Cruz - only player in at least 60 years to begin a season with homers in 6 of his first 8 games.

EricB
04-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Like the start. Still not a fan of Borbon, skeptical of Colby Lewis and CJ Wilson as rotation guys.

Good start to the year, but, the roster just doesn't appeal to me yet.

Hopefully the new guy can get approved and they can spend some cash on some starters....

yavozerb
04-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Like the start. Still not a fan of Borbon, skeptical of Colby Lewis and CJ Wilson as rotation guys.

Hopefully the new guy can get approved and they can spend some cash on some starters....

I dont know, they look they are doing fine to me..Why overspend on players when this team can win?

Whisky Dog
04-15-2010, 08:32 AM

You mean like Chan Ho?

Melmart1
04-15-2010, 10:55 AM
What the hell? Why would they spend cash on pitchers when they have a shit ton of MLB-experienced and/or ready on the farm?

Guys like Tommy Hunter, Derek Holland ... they are potential studs, under contract for several more years and dirt cheap. And in AA there are guys dominating like Scheppers, Kiker and more. The last thing this team needs is to get an overpriced FA pitcher or to make a dumb trade that would compromise the farm.

Melmart1
04-15-2010, 10:56 AM
whoops! double post!

Whisky Dog
04-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Listening to the game at work, damn Elvis has been bad in the field and looks like it's going to cost them this game. Shame.

Thunder Dan
04-15-2010, 01:17 PM
hahahahaha Rangers suck! Ron Washington needs to go do some more crack

Whisky Dog
04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
hahahahaha Rangers suck! Ron Washington needs to go do some more crack

:rolleyes

your team is like 3-6 and was a lucky break away from getting swept at home. Nuggah please

Thunder Dan
04-15-2010, 02:19 PM
:rolleyes

your team is like 3-6 and was a lucky break away from getting swept at home. Nuggah please

scoreboard baby.

Texas Chili Dog
04-15-2010, 05:49 PM
The loser of today's game wasn't Matt Harrison. It was Ron Washington. C'mon! The guy had over 100 pitches going into the 8th inning. I was following the game on mlb.com while I was at work and I just figured that okay, Harrison was done for the day and we'd see someone relieve him to begin the 8th. It didn't surprise me that much that Harrison stayed in for at least the first batter. I was ok with that. The first guy gets on by an error. Hmm. The next guy gets on by an error. BAM that's it right there. I don't care if Harrison wasn't at fault for letting those two guys get on, because he wasn't. They both got on by errors. But at that point, Harrison has over 110 pitches. YOU HAVE TO TAKE HIM OUT. I would have pulled Harrison 100 times out of 100 in that situation. And then Harrison gives up the three run HR to the next guy. Then Harrison gets pulled. Too late, Wash. You killed our chances. Somewhere Grady Little is smiling.

Whisky Dog
04-16-2010, 11:38 AM
scoreboard baby.

The scoreboard that reads Rangers 2 Tribe 1?

Thunder Dan
04-16-2010, 11:42 AM
The scoreboard that reads Rangers 2 Tribe 1?

the Tribe are just a franchise on the way up. The Rangers have been a middle of the pack franchise since their inception. 2010 is the year of the Tribe. Indians always kill Cowboys. Everyone knows that

Whisky Dog
04-16-2010, 11:53 AM
the Tribe are just a franchise on the way up. The Rangers have been a middle of the pack franchise since their inception. 2010 is the year of the Tribe. Indians always kill Cowboys. Everyone knows that

rofl

Thunder Dan
04-16-2010, 12:20 PM
rofl

how many times have the Rangers made the playoffs?

Whisky Dog
04-16-2010, 10:00 PM
2. I was rofl at the Indians kill cowboys part. Like there are many Indians left rofl.

Our bats fucking suck. Unleash the Smoak. Kinsler can't get back fast enough.

monosylab1k
04-16-2010, 11:55 PM
how many times have the Rangers made the playoffs?

crofl Charles Nagy chokejob
crofl getting beat by the fucking Marlins

Thunder Dan
04-17-2010, 08:40 AM
crofl Charles Nagy chokejob
crofl getting beat by the fucking Marlins

lol never being in the World Series

lol George W Bush

lol A-Rod on roids

lol manager being Tyrone Biggums

jack sommerset
04-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Yanks killed them.

monosylab1k
04-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Chris Davis with a horrible start to the season. How long before Smoak gets called up? I'm done hoping for Davis to turn it around. Move on.

Whisky Dog
04-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Smoak needs to get up here as soon as possible. Got raped in NY cause of zero offense.

Leave it to the Rangers to finally get decent pitching and pick that moment to start having a shitty offense that can't score runs. Fucking team is cursed.

MAZTEXAS
04-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Ranger will win this for sure!!!!! This is our year!!:toast

I believe the Rangers will win the West, but it won't be easy. The Mariners improved quite a bit this offseason (on paper, at least) and I think Oakland is a potential sleeper. And I guess we can never count out the Angels, although I think they their window is closed for awhile.

Of course, I just read that Kinsler will likely start the year on the DL. :bang
http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/03/kinsler_most_likely_headed_for.html

EricB
04-20-2010, 09:47 PM
I want to WTF is holding up the sale of the damn team?

Whisky Dog
04-21-2010, 10:19 AM
I want to WTF is holding up the sale of the damn team?

Hicks trying to squeak extra cash out of the negotiations. That's been talked about a lot here.

Meanwhile the team has completely fallen off and are blowing games left and right.

monosylab1k
04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Good lord, Josh Hamilton blows. I'm starting to really wonder if he's fallen off the wagon completely again. I bet it's only a matter of time before we find out that his drunken night in Arizona last year was just the tip of the iceberg.

If Edinson Volquez didn't just get busted for 'roids, I would have said the Volquez/Hamilton deal might be the worst move of Jon Daniels' career. Which is pretty amazing considering he's the same genius who traded John Danks for Brandon McCarthy, Chris Young/Adrian Gonzalez for Adam fucking Eaton, and Soriano for Brad Wilkerson.

Thank you steroids, I guess.

Whisky Dog
04-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Yep, this team is looking extremely shitty right now. No one other than Nelson and occassionally Vlad can hit a baseball.

tlongII
04-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Mariners are looking good now! :smokin

Melmart1
04-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Fuck you, Tom Hicks.

Fuck.
You.

monosylab1k
04-22-2010, 01:41 PM
yeah this shit is getting crazy

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/as-the-sale-turns-the-latest-d.html

I did enjoy this part tho.

Rangers owner Tom Hicks picked a particularly strange time to express "concerns" over the process of the sale to the Chuck Greenberg-Nolan Ryan group. He followed it up by saying he's received information that the deal, as it was currently structured, would not be approved by lenders.

Major League Baseball responded by saying Hicks' words really don't matter anymore.

Even tho I'd hate for Selig to take control of the Rangers at all, it might be for the best, in order to finally shove Hicks out of the picture completely and get the deal done.

monosylab1k
04-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Seriously, how did Tom Hicks ever get into the position of being able to buy a professional sports team? He seems like one of the biggest morons on earth. I wouldn't trust him to make me a Whopper.

tlongII
04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
How bout those M's? Tied for the Division lead now! :smokin

sribb43
04-22-2010, 06:49 PM
This shit is almost at rock bottom

-crackhead manager
-little league defense
-no situational hitting
-douche bag owner who is slowing the sale of the team

sribb43
04-22-2010, 06:50 PM
"It's Time" .....to

1. Fire Wash
2. Demote Davis/Teagarden
3. Promote Smoak
4. Get this fuckin' sale approved

EricB
04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Well Davis just demoated to OKC Smoak recalled....

sribb43
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Smoak is coming :clap

Whisky Dog
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Finally, it's time to Smoak this bitch out! Hope this dude rakes so we never have to see Chris Davis strike out in a Rangers uni again.

sribb43
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Harden blows

JamStone
04-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Elvis Andrus is a really impressive fielder

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 11:38 PM
In 2 games Justin Smoak already has almost as many walks as Chris Davis had all season.

Now if only he could get a hit :lol

sribb43
05-01-2010, 09:29 PM
2 great wins considering we were going against the King and Lee

Texas Chili Dog
05-08-2010, 01:00 AM
CJ Wilson is in a fucking zone right now. I don't have the words. He goes head-to-head with Zack Greinke and outpitches him. Complete game, 1 run on 5 hits. CJ is being an absolute monster. Holy shit.

Chris
05-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Our starters are looking very solid. I'm sold on Colby Lewis and Harden is playing well. Can't wait until Salty comes back. If we stay healthy this team has a great shot at winning the division.

sribb43
05-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Feldman just signed a 2 year extension :toast

Premature ejac by Rangers management locking up a guy who had 1 good season

Texas Chili Dog
05-09-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm pumped to see Holland's first start of the season, and it just so happens I'll be at the game. Plus it's dollar hot dog night, which is always a plus.

sribb43
05-09-2010, 08:00 PM
4 game sweep of the pathetic Royals...bring on the A's

EricB
05-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Not impressed with Smoak. Hitting 190 and looks mediocre.

I wish the team would get sold so I could realistically propose trading for Vernon Wells...

EricB
05-12-2010, 09:09 PM
While Holland looks good tonight Im gonna hold off saying he's fixed. Last year he did the same thing coming up and looking great early then tailing off horribly in July.

monosylab1k
05-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Not impressed with Smoak. Hitting 190 and looks mediocre.

?

I think that's a little premature. He had a terrible start to the season but has been progressing. Plus this is his first time through the big leagues. Also, even as poor as his batting average is, he's still playing world's better than Chris Davis because he isn't striking out and he's getting walks.

monosylab1k
05-12-2010, 10:24 PM
If Borbon starts to turn it around and Kinsler starts hitting for power again, I think Texas is in great shape.

EricB
05-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Borbon is the black Wilkerson. Kindler looks like he's back to 08 swing wise....

Melmart1
05-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Why the hell would you judge Smoak already? Talk about a small sample size! Kinsler said his ankle will likely bother him all year so we can't expect him to be in top form. He is still better than Arias or any other option at this point.

As for Borbon, there is still a learning curve with him, as well. Not only that, but his speed alone makes him far and away better than Wilkerson. How you can even compare the two is unbelievable.

We knew there would be growing pains with so many youngsters on the team. But being in first place despite a dismal April and the call ups and catcher shuffle speaks volumes about how talented this team is and how great they will be once they put it all together.

Whisky Dog
05-13-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't see how anyone can be anything but ecstatic with what the Rangers and their front office have been able to accomplish so far this season. They have zero resources, they couldn't even afford to give a productive guy like Marlon Byrd 3 yr 15 mil to stay around. They are having to bottom feed completely, their best hitter and 2nd baseman have both missed significant time, they had to call up a rookie 1B because the guy they were counting on just can't hit ML pitching, Hamilton, Borbon, and MY have been either horrible or mediocre to start the season (Although Hamilton is thankfully picking it up now), their 17 win ace from last season has sucked hard this season while the guy they brought in as the big stuff pitcher, Harden, has been very inconsistent and doesn't usually last innings. throw in that they had to change closers in the 1st month cause the guy was blowing save after save as well. With all that they are a game up in division and over 5 up on the 3rd and 4th place teams. They've done an awesome job, thank the baseball gods for Elvis, Vlad, CJ, Cobra Lewis, Oliver, and Nefti.

monosylab1k
05-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Vlad has been a miracle. I though we'd be getting a halfway decent hitter at best. He's been incredible. His at-bats are must watch moments, you never know what's going to happen. I haven't been this excited to watch a Ranger at bat since Juan in his prime.

BUMP
05-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Vlad has been a miracle. I though we'd be getting a halfway decent hitter at best. He's been incredible. His at-bats are must watch moments, you never know what's going to happen. I haven't been this excited to watch a Ranger at bat since Juan in his prime.

:tu

I always have to stay and watch Vlad bat no matter what, even if i'm in a hurry to go somewhere.

I'm so glad he's punishing other teams instead of us for a change

EricB
05-13-2010, 03:57 PM
It's not too sma. He's been up for a while now, his average is no better than Davis's and his defense is no big deal. Borbon is a HUGE freaking killer, today and other days as examples. Put hamilton back in center, put Murphy in left and cruz in right and make borbon the fourth outfielder... Cut deadweight garko and bring back up Davis.

Texas Chili Dog
05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Ho-hum, another terrific start for CJ. New Rangers record 7th consecutive quality start to begin a season. Too bad we couldn't get him a W. Rangers just can't score. We're getting runners on, but then we keep stalling.

Texas Chili Dog
05-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Vladdy FTW!!!!!! Walk-off hit off the wall wins it! He was 0-for-5 until that at-bat. Woooo we finally win an extra inning game against the A's. We had lost something like 8 straight of those.

sribb43
05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Move Hamilton back to CF, bench Bourbon and play Murphy in LF. Bourbon is garbage, weak little grounders and pop up are all he hits

Whisky Dog
05-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Hamilton is just now getting his bat in rhythm and some of you want to switch his position? Are you fucking insane?

sribb43
05-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Hamilton is just now getting his bat in rhythm and some of you want to switch his position? Are you fucking insane?

If can't move over 50 ft and continue to play at a high level at the plate....he needs to find another profession

EricB
05-13-2010, 11:26 PM

Fielding position he's always played???

EricB
05-13-2010, 11:27 PM
20 games isn't too small? Are you freaking kidding me.

Thank God you weren't in charge 20 games into Greg Maddux's career.

So how longs he gotta continue hitting a stellar 188 for it to be a trend?

EricB
05-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Apparently garko is getting waived tomorrow to make room for cruz Also arias getting activated and gentry getting sent back...

dickface
05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
If can't move over 50 ft and continue to play at a high level at the plate....he needs to find another profession

Playing CF is such a physically demanding job, I don't think it's smart to move him there simply because of how fragile he is. Diving for balls all the time is the last thing I want Hamilton doing.

dickface
05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Just saw this on Yahoo!

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Saltalamacchia-in-minors-to-work-on-throwing-?urn=fantasy,240938

In Salty's last game, Tuesday night at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark, 12 of his throws back to the pitcher landed either short of the mound or in center field. He had five errant throws in the first inning alone.

Oh geez, Salty. Really? You can't throw it back to the pitcher?

Texas Chili Dog
05-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Rich Harden EPIC FAIL. 9-3 lead...gone in ONE fucking inning. Are you kidding??? 11-9...how fucking sad.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow Rangers handing out homeruns like candy on halloween

sribb43
05-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Harden is a fucking piece of shit. Atleast Millwood could get through 3+ innings and not walk 5 shitty batters in 1 inning

BUMP
05-14-2010, 09:43 PM
tbh, despite all our talent im still not really sold on the Rangers. If the Angels were any good this year we'd be in trouble, we haven't been impressive against any winning teams

vs Oakland 3-3

vs Detroit 2-2

vs Toronto 1-3

vs Boston 1-2

vs NYY 0-3

and we've yet to play division leaders Minnesota and TB yet

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Feliz and Guerrero will take this team to the world series.

Whisky Dog
05-15-2010, 09:44 AM

You underestimate the psychological aspects. When a guy is raking you don't change a thing to risk throwing him off. Especially a guy like Hamilton who is streaky, moving him now to CF can change his whole mindset. Just look at Salty, he's knocking the ball all over the place at OKC, but he mentally can't get himself right to throw the ball to the pitcher from behind the plate. I wish a guy like Murph could play center, send Borbon down to develop more, and keep Murphs bat in the mix.

EricB
05-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Boy that Justin smoak is just overwhelmingly impressive...

Rip-Hamilton32
05-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Romero is filling in nicely for Doc

Texas Chili Dog
05-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Well shit I didn't know they played an early game today. I see we lost 6-0...why do the Blue Jays of all teams completely own us?? :(

Spursfan092120
05-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Garbage game today..pissed me off..oh well..we'll pick it back up tomorrow

Whisky Dog
05-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Cobra with the good start, anyone know who's pitching tomorrow cause I'm going

sribb43
05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Cobra with the good start, anyone know who's pitching tomorrow cause I'm going

Holland vs. Kazmir

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2010, 10:53 PM
The Dutch Oven is going to be 3-0 after tomorrow's bloading.

Texas Chili Dog
05-18-2010, 10:55 PM
The Dutch Oven is going to be 3-0 after tomorrow's bloading.

That will be quite impressive considering he doesn't pitch again until Saturday. :lol

EricB
05-18-2010, 11:21 PM
22 games into his MLB career, Justin Smoak has a better batting average, more hits, more doubles, more runs scored, more homers, more RBI, better on base %, better slugging, and drew more walks than Manny Ramirez did in his first 22 games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=30175
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/ramirma02.shtml

According to TPark, Manny Ramirez never should have had a major league career after his first 22 games.

Mmmm so Smoak is compared to one of the best hitters to ever play the game.

Yeah that 180 battin average is just staggering.

BUMP
05-18-2010, 11:27 PM
:lol There's no way you can give up on Smoak, with the potential he has. He was a top 5 player in the 08 draft.

Smoak is already an upgrade over Davis and his ceiling is way higher

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Mmmm so Smoak is compared to one of the best hitters to ever play the game.

Why are you calling Manny Ramirez a great hitter? 22 games into Manny's career he was worse than Justin Smoak! According to you that means he never should have been a major league player :lmao

Spursfan092120
05-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Damn good game going right now in the 9th..hope everyone's watching. Not sure what the hell Vlad was doing swinging on the first pitch against a pitcher who's thrown over 100 pitches..oh well..maybe Hamilton can end this thing..tied at 3 in the bottom of the 9th.

EricB
05-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Whew that smoak is just a stud!!! He's overmatched send him back call back up either Davis call back up salty and send back ramirez. If smoak is gonna be good it ain't gonna be now with his painfull at bats. Dustin nippert? Goodbye. They need a good starter to replace feldman and pour him in nippert's spot. Other than that hamilton is in a horrific slump. Just a dissapointing as he'll weekend. The cubs are terrible this shouldve been a damn sweep...

EricB
05-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Well thought out reasonable response.

EricB
05-26-2010, 01:26 AM
This team so far has been an almost carbon copy of last years.

The bullpen is getting WAAAAYYY overworked. The offense right now is basically a heckle and Jekyll production team. Hamilton will have a homer and then stink for 2 or 3 games. Its the frustration coming out party from driving 4 and a half hours to Dallas for a series against a bad Cubs series to see them just stink with RISP that should've been a series sweep.

This team will NOT win a division unless it adds one more lefty to the bullpen and 1 maybe 2 rotation guys.

Guys like Saltalamacchia and Davis need to be called the F back up, Smoak continues to struggle and its doing no good for him to continue running him out there time and time again to weakly pop out or dribble to the right side.

Treanor is a decent defensive replacement and every 4th or 5th day breather giver, but is NOT an every day catcher.

Call up Salty call up Davis, pray the ownership change goes through a tad quicker and hopefully when it does, that money goes through a tad bit.

Theres nothing more frustrating than watching a team VERY VERY close to being a good playoff team hamstrung by financial ineptness.

Whisky Dog
05-26-2010, 10:02 AM
The bullpen is getting worked way too much and that will start leading to trouble later. They need another starter to replace Harden, he's just a 4 to 5 inning guy at best.

Smoak doesn't look quite ready for the big leagues, but Davis has proven he can't hit MLB pitching with any consistency if at all, but given neither guy can hit right now I'd take Davis' glove in the field over Smoak right now. Smoak needs more work.

Hopefully the new bankruptcy proceedings (ch 11) will expedite this process because they need the new ownership group to take over baaaaadd. In an interview with Greenberg he said he and Ryan have a team waiting to make over the franchise with a lot of innovation both baseball wise and off the field wise, but they're just sitting waiting til the moment the sale goes through.

Spurminator
05-26-2010, 11:12 AM
If only the Rangers could get Berkman in a package with Oswalt, they could shore up First Base as well.

Whisky Dog
05-26-2010, 11:28 AM
They definitely have issues, but I won't complain of they fall short simply because this team has had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to put a team together. This offseason alone they got Vlad, Cobra Lewis, DOliver, Treanor, and Blanco for a combined 10.5 mil. That much production and key guys here for only 10 mil is amazing, great job by the scouting and JD.

monosylab1k
05-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah let's call up the Strikeout Machine and see him whiff 3 times a game and then hit into a double play his other at bats. At least Smoak is showing some discipline. He's not getting hits but he's showing he has a clue what to do at the plate, the hits will come eventually.

sribb43
05-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Chris Davis and Alex Gordon should get a room together and tell stories to each other about tearing up AAA and failing miserably in the majors

sribb43
05-26-2010, 07:45 PM
If the front half of this rotation could actually pitch worth a damn, Rangers would be 10 games up.

EricB
05-27-2010, 01:13 AM
The bullpen is getting worked way too much and that will start leading to trouble later. They need another starter to replace Harden, he's just a 4 to 5 inning guy at best.

Smoak doesn't look quite ready for the big leagues, but Davis has proven he can't hit MLB pitching with any consistency if at all, but given neither guy can hit right now I'd take Davis' glove in the field over Smoak right now. Smoak needs more work.

Hopefully the new bankruptcy proceedings (ch 11) will expedite this process because they need the new ownership group to take over baaaaadd. In an interview with Greenberg he said he and Ryan have a team waiting to make over the franchise with a lot of innovation both baseball wise and off the field wise, but they're just sitting waiting til the moment the sale goes through.

Amen.

Yeah hopefully Greenberg can take over. Its just painfull watching this team look like they are getting nickel and dimed like the Major League Indians.

EricB
05-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Why does TPark, a known Cardinals fan, keep trolling this thread and pretending to be a Rangers fan?

Because I'm also a rangers fan. Hard to comprehend I know. Try and let it work into your feeble mind.

EricB
05-27-2010, 06:24 PM
So did you jump on the Cards bandwagon? Or the Rangers bandwagon once Nolan got involved with the team?

I was on the rangers bandwagon long time ago. Grew up watching the cardinals cause they are from stl.

My first ranger game was in 1991 when they played Oakland in Oakland.

I remember gary pet tis the now first base coach okaying the outfield along with Juan Gonzalez and Ruben Sierra.

Nolan Ryan signed my ticket and I still have that ticket. Became a cofan ever since.

Spursfan092120
05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Interesting..I'm a lifelong Rangers fan, and just became a Cards fan last year...just can't think of a single player on that team I don't like, and their star player is just a great human being...

Texas Chili Dog
05-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Interesting..I'm a lifelong Rangers fan, and just became a Cards fan last year...just can't think of a single player on that team I don't like, and their star player is just a great human being...

Albert Puroid? :)

Spursfan092120
05-28-2010, 06:14 PM
lol 2 bandwagoning faggots ^^
If I was a bandwagoner, I would have jumped on when they won the World Series, not the year they got swept out of the playoffs..and by the way...LOL any dumbass who wastes time pretending to be an athlete on a message board. What a loser.

EricB
05-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Albert Puroid? :)

Link to the failed test or investigation into his use? Thanks.

EricB
05-29-2010, 09:02 PM
lol 2 bandwagoning faggots ^^

Öooo homophobic slurs. How adult and mature!!!!

Clutch
05-30-2010, 01:40 AM
Are their any fan operated forum based Rangers sites out there other than Newbergreport? I've purchased vBulletin and a domain and really want to get one up but need some help from a few dedicated fans. (that's why I ask)

dickface
05-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Öooo homophobic slurs. How adult and mature!!!!

fuck off you fat fucking shit. nobody gives a shit about your Rangers opinions. You never said shit in any Rangers related threads until Nolan Ryan joined the organization a couple years ago you bandwagoning fat fuck.

EricB
05-30-2010, 05:55 PM
fuck off you fat fucking shit. nobody gives a shit about your Rangers opinions. You never said shit in any Rangers related threads until Nolan Ryan joined the organization a couple years ago you bandwagoning fat fuck.

Besos for you. Jesus loves you also.

MavDynasty
06-10-2010, 11:22 PM
KROFL mariners

Texas Chili Dog
06-10-2010, 11:32 PM
It's hard to bitch slap a team as bad as the Rangers just bitch slapped the Mariners for the last three days.

monosylab1k
06-11-2010, 12:54 AM
In the month of June, Justin Smoak is hitting .400 with 2 homers and 10 RBI in 10 games played. What a shock, a rookie improving and playing better.

Maybe T Park needs to keep his fat mouth shut. "Bring back Chris Davis!" :lmao

Whisky Dog
06-11-2010, 08:39 AM
In fairness Smoak didn't look like he was ready at all and I thought he was shell shocked and needed a little more seasoning in OKC. Of course as soon as I posted that he wakes the fuck up, so you fuckers are welcome.

BUMP
06-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I was frustrated after our first loss to Cliff Lee but dude is just on top of this game.

Then we respond with 3 straight blowouts :clap

Now we play Milwaukee

MavDynasty
06-11-2010, 10:29 AM
is t park still a fat piece of shit?god damn hes gonna get a muthafuckin heartattack

lol sa

lol fatass

EricB
06-11-2010, 08:02 PM
In fairness Smoak didn't look like he was ready at all and I thought he was shell shocked and needed a little more seasoning in OKC. Of course as soon as I posted that he wakes the fuck up, so you fuckers are welcome.

Yeah gotta like the turnaround no question.

Hope he keeps it up. With Borbon lacing the ball as well it helps out tremendously.

If Cruz can just get healthy and Saltalamacchia get called back up, the lineup would be set.

EricB
06-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I was frustrated after our first loss to Cliff Lee but dude is just on top of this game.

Then we respond with 3 straight blowouts :clap

Now we play Milwaukee

The Brewers are a strange team. They are solid hitters and their pitchers are mediocre to bad at best but there are games were they go into Brewers of 08 mode.

Tough series it will be but they SHOULD win 2 of three maybe sweep, the Brewer's pitching should help out the Rangers alot.

EricB
06-11-2010, 08:05 PM
In the month of June, Justin Smoak is hitting .400 with 2 homers and 10 RBI in 10 games played. What a shock, a rookie improving and playing better.

Maybe T Park needs to keep his fat mouth shut. "Bring back Chris Davis!" :lmao

What a shock a childish post from the Dallas area.

EricB
06-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I've just had about enough of Rich fucking harden.......

EricB
06-11-2010, 08:38 PM
F U Harden... :pctoss

sribb43
06-11-2010, 09:03 PM
What a piece of shit...Harden is :bang

BUMP
06-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Harden you can always count on atleast 2 homers and 4 runs by the fourth inning SMH

BUMP
06-12-2010, 04:25 AM
He's only 3-3!?!? Which means before this start he had a winning record :wow:wow:wow

I wouldve guessed he was like 2-7 or something

Whisky Dog
06-12-2010, 08:45 AM
I never would have guessed he was only 3-3, seems like his spot in the rotation is an automatic L. I'd like to see the Dutch Oven stay healthy and take his spot in the rotation.

monosylab1k
06-12-2010, 12:48 PM
In fairness Smoak didn't look like he was ready at all

I don't see how anybody who really watched him could say that. He had a terrible BA, but he was drawing walks, working pitchers, wasn't striking out a ridiculous amount of times (sup Chris Davis), he was basically doing everything a smart, disciplined major league hitter does. He just wasn't getting the hits, which he said himself was more of him putting too much pressure on himself to get a hit, not because he "wasn't ready" for the major leagues.

EricB
06-12-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't see how anybody who really watched him could say that. He had a terrible BA, but he was drawing walks, working pitchers, wasn't striking out a ridiculous amount of times (sup Chris Davis), he was basically doing everything a smart, disciplined major league hitter does. He just wasn't getting the hits, which he said himself was more of him putting too much pressure on himself to get a hit, not because he "wasn't ready" for the major leagues.

To me in the Cubs series seeing him in person he looked overmatched. He couldn't hit mediocre pitching from the Cubs of course neither could the rest of the team.

The problem has been he's been touted as a big power hitter and he's been rarely that, save lately.

Whisky Dog
06-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Harden on 15 day DL, Ogando called up.

EricB
06-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Neftali with his one bad appearance for the month out of the way. Feldman did a damn good job. Hope he's turning it around....

sribb43
06-13-2010, 04:58 PM
He's only 3-3!?!? Which means before this start he had a winning record :wow:wow:wow

I wouldve guessed he was like 2-7 or something

I think Harden had the most run support of any rangers pitch he got alot of no decisions.

A wierd Harden stat...

Over his career, he is 41-0 when getting at least 4 runs of support :wow

BUMP
06-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I think Harden had the most run support of any rangers pitch he got alot of no decisions.

A wierd Harden stat...

Over his career, he is 41-0 when getting at least 4 runs of support :wow

That's pretty funny :lol

I remember in particular a weird game this year. He gave up 7 ER in 2 innings vs Toronto but we had like 9 or something when he came out and then our bullpen gave up 9 more so he got a ND. talk about a lucky break

EricB
06-13-2010, 08:37 PM
If today didn't already prove it, I think its safe to say Colby Lewis is the ace of the staff.

Most consistent and gives the best starts of all the starters.

Hambone is just RAKING, unreal how good he's looking right now.

I think Frank Francisco is also perfect for the role of setup or 9th inning offday man for Feliz.

Heres to hoping the Rangers can take 2 of 3 from the Marlins, tough team, Their ace and number two guys going in Johnson and Sanchez. Big big pitchers stadium. Heres to hoping the starters are up for it.

BUMP
06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
*sigh*

And here come the Angels again. Only .5 games back. Seriously its like a foregone conclusion every year. We start off good, then they just come roaring back right around the All Star break and never look back.

I expect them to go like 23-5 this month and then ESPN do some gay story on how the team rallied around Morales' injury

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 10:26 PM
this is all justin smoak's fault! :madrun

ducks
06-14-2010, 11:23 PM
rumors are you people are talking to dbacks about conor jackson

he was great then had yellow fever last year
was out
not playing terrible since he was gone all last year

EricB
06-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Yeah alot better players out there that could be available potentially than Connor freaking Jackson.

Wish MLB would approve a shit load of money to em to go get Oswalt...

Texas Chili Dog
06-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Did former Marlin Matt Treanor seriously just get a pinch-hit two out, two run triple in the 9th to give us a 3-2 lead?? :lol

BUMP
06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Did former Marlin Matt Treanor seriously just get a pinch-hit two out, two run triple in the 9th to give us a 3-2 lead?? :lol

:toast

Nice I was wondering if anyone else was watching this one.

Probly the biggest win of the year considering it was Josh Johnson who was pitching

Texas Chili Dog
06-15-2010, 09:17 PM
:toast

Nice I was wondering if anyone else was watching this one.

Probly the biggest win of the year considering it was Josh Johnson who was pitching

Yeah I lost interest in the Lakers-Celtics game real quick. Great win.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2177/2635758320_05d9cfd06c.jpg?v=0

MavDynasty
06-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Treanor>>

It looked like it was going to be a home run too lol.

Texas Chili Dog
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Damnit, hopefully Tommy Hunter isn't injured. He's leaving the game early.

Texas Chili Dog
06-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Michael Young tied and now overtakes Pudge on B2B ABs as the Rangers all-time hits leader! :clap

Texas Chili Dog
06-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Another home run for Hamilton. He is on one HELL of a roll right now. Holy shit.

BUMP
06-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Rangers picking it up at the right time. Hopefully I don't jinx them but a sweep would be a great as far as momentum goes. For some reason we always play very well at Florida.

With the way we're playing now, we could get some serious breathing room in the division with our next 9 games against Pittsburgh and Houston

Texas Chili Dog
06-16-2010, 09:47 PM
The Rangers had the same exact record at this point in the season in 2009, at 37-28. But we started to lose a bunch of games in a row. Good to see we are heading in the other direction this year.

I'm planning on being in Houston this weekend for a little bday celebration. So I'll probably go to the Saturday game there. And then I've already got tix to the June 27 game at home against them.

BUMP
06-16-2010, 11:12 PM
This is definitely a time in our schedule where if we struggle we will look back at the end of the year and say "This is where the wheels came off" We need to take advantage of this before the schedule gets tough.

The Astros are 12 games below .500 and the Pirates have a 10 game losing streak and are even worse. Then we get the Angels head to head and we've dominated them the past 2 seasons.

These next 2 weeks might be the most important 2 weeks of the season

sribb43
06-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Get your fuckin' brooms out bitches

Next 9 games against the Stros ans Bucs....time to make create some seperation from the Halos

BUMP
06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
:clap:clap:clap

7-2 all time in Florida I believe

Texas Chili Dog
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
http://www.depressedfan.com/images/sweep0812.gif

Spursfan092120
06-18-2010, 01:09 AM
loving it...loving it.

Spursfan092120
06-18-2010, 01:11 AM
Stros are next...

Texas Chili Dog
06-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Lastros/DisAstros are next...

fixed :D

Texas Chili Dog
06-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Astros fans showing their class by shining a laser in Scott Feldman's face as he was getting ready to pitch.

Texas Chili Dog
06-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Another Silver Boot ass beating delivered by the Texas Rangers!

tbh I think we sweep the season series.

Definitely anything less than 4 out of 6 is failure. But even with how bad a team is, it's hard to go 6-for-6. Just like last year, I think it will be 5-1. And I'd of course be happy with that.

Texas Chili Dog
06-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Easy win.

In our 6 game win streak, we have allowed 3, 2, 2, 3, 4, and 3 runs. And before the 6-1 loss prior to that, it was 1, 2, and 3 runs allowed. That is only twice in the last 10 games where we have allowed more than 3 runs. Offense is hitting, defense is limiting runs...that's a recipe for success.

EricB
06-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Props to smoak for potg. Dude was solid to awesome. Lookin bettah! :tu

Another good start for feldman. Hopefully it's a sign he's turning things around

BUMP
06-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Another Silver Boot ass beating delivered by the Texas Rangers!

tbh I think we sweep the season series.

:lol i doubt we go 6-0 but that would be pretty sweet

Texas Chili Dog
06-19-2010, 08:15 PM
hahaha "Let's go Rangers" chants in Houston. And they were pretty loud and clear. lol

Texas Chili Dog
06-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Masterful performance by Colby Lewis. Complete game, and only 28 batters faced. He was a machine tonight. wow

MavDynasty
06-19-2010, 08:57 PM
lol shitstros

Spursfan092120
06-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Great game for the Rangers...gotta love this roll we're on. Colby was a beast, and another big hit by Smoak. Hope they don't break my heart again this year. I try not to get too caught up in everything, because they always seem to go the wrong way come fall.

BUMP
06-19-2010, 09:19 PM
7 game win streak :wow

If we win tomorrow it could easily get to 11. I know baseball is a very weird sport sometimes but i can't see the Pirates beating us at all in Arlington the way they're playing and the way we're playing

BUMP
06-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Great game for the Rangers...gotta love this roll we're on. Colby was a beast, and another big hit by Smoak. Hope they don't break my heart again this year. I try not to get too caught up in everything, because they always seem to go the wrong way come fall.

Yeah man i hear ya. I'm very excited about this run we're on, but come end of July our schedule gets really tough, and we won't have such an easy stretch like this.

I'm visiting Dallas for two weeks in August and i already have tickets for 1 game against the Yanks so hopefully we're still in 1st by then

Spursfan092120
06-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah man i hear ya. I'm very excited about this run we're on, but come end of July our schedule gets really tough, and we won't have such an easy stretch like this.

I'm visiting Dallas for two weeks in August and i already have tickets for 1 game against the Yanks so hopefully we're still in 1st by then
Aww..damn..what a game to go to. That'd be awesome. Only been to one Rangers game, since I live so far away and work keeps me so busy. If we get to the playoffs though, I'm going to a game. July's gonna be a bitch, but if we can get through it, we just might get on a roll.

BUMP
06-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Aww..damn..what a game to go to. That'd be awesome. Only been to one Rangers game, since I live so far away and work keeps me so busy. If we get to the playoffs though, I'm going to a game. July's gonna be a bitch, but if we can get through it, we just might get on a roll.

I'm a student at Tech, so now i just stay in Lubbock year round, but since im from the Dallas area i try to visit once or twice a summer.

Spursfan092120
06-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm a student at Tech, so now i just stay in Lubbock year round, but since im from the Dallas area i try to visit once or twice a summer.
Yeah..I have a guy I work with from DFW..he misses it.

Whisky Dog
06-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm loving the way they're playing but it sucks they aren't building a division lead. Fucking Angels

Spursfan092120
06-20-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm loving the way they're playing but it sucks they aren't building a division lead. Fucking Angels
Yeah..Angels are playing great too...hopefully we can get some sort of cushion here eventually.

Texas Chili Dog
06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Hambone ties it in the 9th!!! Four more hits for him. :wow

MavDynasty
06-20-2010, 04:46 PM
cmon neftali

MavDynasty
06-20-2010, 04:46 PM
1 out away...lol chokestros

BUMP
06-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Yuhhhhh!!

What a win!

Make it 8 in a row, all on the road :wow

back 2 back road sweeps

3.5 games ahead in the West

Now we have 3 against Pittsburgh at home :lmao

MavDynasty
06-20-2010, 04:49 PM
LMAO chokestros choking 4-1 lead
LMAO walking vlad so they can face hamilton...the hottest hitter
lol rangers stranding a shitload and still winning

Texas Chili Dog
06-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Hamilton's 5th hit wins it.

sribb43
06-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Nellie Cruz is back on Tuesday...this fuckin' lineup will be in full beast mode

Spursfan092120
06-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Hottest team in fucking baseball. Please don't break my heart, guys...

monosylab1k
06-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Hottest team in fucking baseball. Please don't break my heart, guys...

Unfortunately for all of us, it's the Rangers. We love what's going on now but know that inevitably it will end in heartbreak.

Spursfan092120
06-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Unfortunately for all of us, it's the Rangers. We love what's going on now but know that inevitably it will end in heartbreak.
We can pray...lol..

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_221000/FF_221964_xl.jpg

Texas Chili Dog
06-20-2010, 10:31 PM
We can pray...lol..

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/pray.gif

BUMP
06-20-2010, 11:04 PM

:nope

this is our year

Spursfan092120
06-20-2010, 11:09 PM
:nope

this is our year
confidence is good.

Whisky Dog
06-20-2010, 11:10 PM
If our pitching staff stays consistent and the bullpen doesn't wear down then I like the odds. This is against all odds and financial constraints a very good performing team.

Spursfan092120
06-20-2010, 11:15 PM
If our pitching staff stays consistent and the bullpen doesn't wear down then I like the odds. This is against all odds and financial constraints a very good performing team.
But it's happened before...the Rays, the Marlins...sometimes guys just get together and realize it's a game, and have fun..that's what it takes to win. Hopefully they keep going out there and having fun..who knows what could happen.

Texas Chili Dog
06-21-2010, 12:14 AM
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz160/tcat075/8HelloWinColumns.png

Dr. Gonzo
06-21-2010, 03:29 PM
1 out away...lol chokestros

For a team to choke they would have to give the illusion of being good. The Astros have never given that illusion. You should go with Lastros instead of chokestros.

BTW, the Rangers have a really nice squad. They play hard and have a bunch of youth with a couple of vets sprinkled in. If only the Astros had that kind of talent.

Spursfan092120
06-21-2010, 07:43 PM
For a team to choke they would have to give the illusion of being good. The Astros have never given that illusion. You should go with Lastros instead of chokestros.

BTW, the Rangers have a really nice squad. They play hard and have a bunch of youth with a couple of vets sprinkled in. If only the Astros had that kind of talent.
Thing is, it seems the Astros do have that talent..they just don't play like it.

Dr. Gonzo
06-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Thing is, it seems the Astros do have that talent..they just don't play like it.

Trust me. I have seen 95% of all innings played this year and they really lack talent. Berkman is done. Lee sucks dick, both literally and figuratively. Oswalt and Michael Borne are the only players that have shown up this season.

I really hope Oswalt ends up on the Rangers. It seems like a good group of guys to surround himself with and they are the only other team in the MLB that I don't mind. It's bitter hatred for every other team.

Spursfan092120
06-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Trust me. I have seen 95% of all innings played this year and they really lack talent. Berkman is done. Lee sucks dick, both literally and figuratively. Oswalt and Michael Borne are the only players that have shown up this season.

I really hope Oswalt ends up on the Rangers. It seems like a good group of guys to surround himself with and they are the only other team in the MLB that I don't mind. It's bitter hatred for every other team.
Wow..I actually agree with that sentiment. I don't mind Houston..would love to see them do something. I just knew we were going to see an Astros/Rangers World Series in 1994 before the strike. Pissed me off. I thought Lee was really going to do something for you guys, but who knows. I'll rephrase what I said. Your team has players who have/had talent. Some of them are fading (Berkman), but I think they still have something in them. It's like they don't care...well..most of them.

sribb43
06-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Well the sale has been blocked by the judge, so no help is coming this year :bang :bang :bang

Spurminator
06-22-2010, 05:12 PM
One in the where??

_-F5YvuSMmI&

Whisky Dog
06-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Well the sale has been blocked by the judge, so no help is coming this year :bang :bang :bang

Oh man this fucking blows. Now the question is do JD and Nolan think this team as constructed can compete for the division and get at least one playoff series, or do they sell off Vlad before the deadline if the right prospects are offered to hopefullyput the team in a better position once this sale does go through.

BUMP
06-22-2010, 09:05 PM

Similar situation as the Rangers earlier this decade.

We had a lot of overthehill inconsistent stat guys. We had guys like Arod, Palmeiro, Caminiti, Pudge, Juan Gonzalez, Phil Nevin, Andres Galarraga but could never climb out of last place

Unless your the Yankees or Red Sox, things just go in cycles

Spursfan092120
06-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Similar situation as the Rangers earlier this decade.

We had a lot of overthehill inconsistent stat guys. We had guys like Arod, Palmeiro, Caminiti, Pudge, Juan Gonzalez, Phil Nevin, Andres Galarraga but could never climb out of last place

Unless your the Yankees or Red Sox, things just go in cycles
I think the Rangers are finally in a good position, though. Young, talented players, one of the best farm systems in the league. We're looking like we may have a good future ahead of us.

MavDynasty
06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
josh hamilton is a fucking beast. How long can he keep this shit up?

Spursfan092120
06-22-2010, 10:24 PM
josh hamilton is a fucking beast. How long can he keep this shit up?
Great question, man..as long as he stays healthy and clean, I guess. He was a great pickup for the FO...love that guy.

Spursfan092120
06-22-2010, 10:26 PM
One in the where??

_-F5YvuSMmI&
:lmao one in the taint?

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Josh Hamilton is playing out of his mind right now

For the month of June he's 1st in the majors in homers, RBI, BA, and slugging percentage :wow

9 in a row :clap

MavDynasty
06-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh my fucking god this is hilarious lmao. single after single after single

maholm gone after just an inning

Spursfan092120
06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Crazy...I know it's just the Astros and the Pirates, but the way the Rangers are playing right now, I believe they could beat anybody in a 7 game series. I know we're a long way away from the playoffs, and anything can happen, but they're looking really strong.

Texas Chili Dog
06-23-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm looking forward to the Angels series on the road next week. It's the only road series we have left until after the All Star break. The Angels aren't losing often enough for us to really pad our lead. So the best way to do so is to just beat em ourselves! :D

Spursfan092120
06-23-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm looking forward to the Angels series on the road next week. It's the only road series we have left until after the All Star break. The Angels aren't losing often enough for us to really pad our lead. So the best way to do so is to just beat em ourselves! :D
Yep...if we can pull off a series win in that one, we'll be looking really good.

BUMP
06-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Crazy...I know it's just the Astros and the Pirates, but the way the Rangers are playing right now, I believe they could beat anybody in a 7 game series. I know we're a long way away from the playoffs, and anything can happen, but they're looking really strong.

haha i love that enthusiasm, but lets wait til we play a team that isn't 20 games below .500 before we say we can beat anybody.

Spursfan092120
06-23-2010, 08:20 PM

haha i love that enthusiasm, but lets wait til we play a team that isn't 20 games below .500 before we say we can beat anybody.
Yeah..I know..lol..just excited...

BUMP
06-23-2010, 08:23 PM
i think the division is clearly ours to lose this year

I'm just always worried about the Yanks out east

MavDynasty
06-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Wtf is this shit? Rangers looking like they going for 20 runs this game. Back2Back doubles. 11-2 rangers

LMAO pirates

Texas Chili Dog
06-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Rangers are up 13-2 and it's still the 4th inning. This game is two hours long and there's still a lot left. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/lol.gif

Texas Chili Dog
06-23-2010, 10:18 PM
WWWWWWWWWW http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/bananadance.gif

Texas Chili Dog
06-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I hate you Feldman.

Whisky Dog
06-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Gave up 4 in the 1st inning? Better get his shit together, this offense can get it back against that pitching, but can't give up any more.

BUMP
06-24-2010, 07:32 PM
4-0 after the 1st but we got a long way to go.

It's the Pirates :lol

Texas Chili Dog
06-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Hamilton: 2-for-2 with two doubles. What a freak.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Come on rangers!!!! Crush this fucking spare team. Keep the streak alive.

BUMP
06-24-2010, 09:23 PM
I feel bad for this Pirates team, Rangers just toyin with em

BUMP
06-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Already tied just like that. Get ready for that knockout blow

Texas Chili Dog
06-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Rangers tie it in the 7th with two runs off Meek, who has the lowest ERA in the majors with enough appearances.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Andrus with the clutch steal.

And who is up to bat?

Vlad the Impaler.

BUMP
06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Vladimir up with the GW run on 3rd

Im sure this pitcher is scared shitless :lol

BUMP
06-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Vlad with the walkoff!!!

11 in a row :clap:clap

Cant_Be_Faded
06-24-2010, 10:13 PM
That's the way baseball go.

Texas Chili Dog
06-24-2010, 10:14 PM
VLADDY!!!!!!!!!!! walk off!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-24-2010, 10:15 PM
I think that's just the way mah hair grow.