PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe that this is even a Spurs Message Board

dallasmaverickslose
03-30-2010, 06:36 PM
I have not posted here very much, but I view these forums regularly, and your comments on a regular basis. I am nothing less than appalled by the way many of you act towards this team.

I cannot believe that half of you are Spurs fans, the way you talk about this team. I've seen people say stuff like "Duncan sucks ass" or "pop needs to be fired" or "Trade Tony, we're a worse team when he's playing" etc. Many of you really bring a lot of shame to the Spurs fan base, from my point of view.

This loss last night was very humbling, and very humiliating. I can understand your anger, because I was PO'ed too.

However, that doesn't mean that I'm going to start bashing this team and saying one of the greatest players of all time, who happens to play for our team, "sucks ass." I'm no going to call for the head of our beloved coach, or the trading of our star PG. That's just not right.

Our team deserves better than that. I don't care what you think inside, keep that to yourselves and SUPPORT THIS TEAM. I'm tired of this place looking like a "Spurs haters" forum.

That's all I have to say about that.

GO SPURS GO!!! Love you Tim, Manu, Tony, Pop! :flag:

LoneStarState'sPride
03-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Welcome to SpursTalk--get used to all the cutting remarks toward our Spurs, both deserved and undeserved, because they're not going away any time soon, I assure you. Just lurk a little while longer to get the feel of the place, then the tenor will seem less shocking.

For the record, however, I agree with everything you're saying about supporting the team. I live and die with Spurs games, and have for years. Best way to cope with the internet message board universe? Find more than one site (i.e., Poundingtherock or SpursReport) to balance the comments and gain some perspective.

Once again, welcome!

FeZZy
03-30-2010, 06:42 PM
:lmao

tdunk21
03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
its just some stupid ass fans who forgot to take their pms pills who start those threads.....

dallasmaverickslose
03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
its just some stupid ass fans who forgot to take their pms pills who start those threads.....

Well these stupid ass fans are ridiculous.

Dex
03-30-2010, 07:38 PM
WJ_yQ02xwsM

jimo2305
03-30-2010, 07:39 PM
yea hang around a bit longer.. this is without a doubt the best spurs related forum on the internet..

phyzik
03-30-2010, 07:46 PM
WJ_yQ02xwsM

beat me to it. :lol

Frenzy
03-30-2010, 08:52 PM
well spurs fans wear black and silver. Black = emo ...silver = old.

Bad combo.

duncan228
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I can't believe that this is even a Spurs Message Board

It's a message board. People vent. One of the best things about this board is people are allowed to vent without heavy moderation.

Like any community there's good and bad. I think the good far outweighs the bad. Pick what you want to read and ignore the rest. You might find it easier. It's really a great place once you settle in. :)

mavs>spurs2
03-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Well these stupid ass fans are ridiculous.

shitty troll

Brazil
03-30-2010, 09:57 PM
get used to it

murpjf88
03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
I have not posted here very much, but I view these forums regularly, and your comments on a regular basis. I am nothing less than appalled by the way many of you act towards this team.

I cannot believe that half of you are Spurs fans, the way you talk about this team. I've seen people say stuff like "Duncan sucks ass" or "pop needs to be fired" or "Trade Tony, we're a worse team when he's playing" etc. Many of you really bring a lot of shame to the Spurs fan base, from my point of view.

This loss last night was very humbling, and very humiliating. I can understand your anger, because I was PO'ed too.

However, that doesn't mean that I'm going to start bashing this team and saying one of the greatest players of all time, who happens to play for our team, "sucks ass." I'm no going to call for the head of our beloved coach, or the trading of our star PG. That's just not right.

Our team deserves better than that. I don't care what you think inside, keep that to yourselves and SUPPORT THIS TEAM. I'm tired of this place looking like a "Spurs haters" forum.

That's all I have to say about that.

GO SPURS GO!!! Love you Tim, Manu, Tony, Pop! :flag:

Many posters in here are bipolar. This is Spurstalk in the aftermath of a loss. Come back tomorrow when we beat the rockets, and they'll be talking WCF's and the # 2 seed.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-30-2010, 11:34 PM
I will say that this place has been invaded by a lot more cliff-jumpers, bandwagoners and bipolar teenagers over the past 2 years, all of whom bring down the quality of the forum as it tends to be filled with reactionary spam. This has also driven off more than a few of the old regulars who used to make the place what it was. OP is largely on the money.

However, he is wrong about Tony. Might be time to trade him this offseason. But I've posted about that elsewhere.

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2010, 12:20 AM
we expect excellence when you don the black and silver, for the last 3 seasons has been a disappointment and nothing has change from 07/08 since small ball and allowing over the hill veterans more minutes then what they deserve....

as for this season, duncan is carrying the team and actually coasting atm, if he doesnt put up his normal avgs in the playoffs then i be worried...thats a huge decline in just 1 year

howbouthemspurs
03-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Yes.. it is a shame sometimes. Some people are stupid

Kori Ellis
03-31-2010, 01:27 AM
I will say that this place has been invaded by a lot more cliff-jumpers, bandwagoners and bipolar teenagers over the past 2 years, all of whom bring down the quality of the forum as it tends to be filled with reactionary spam.

Pretty far off base. There was always "cliff-jumpers, bandwagoners and bipolar teenagers" -- probably much worse in 2004-2007 than any other time in the history of the forum in terms of cliff jumpers and over-reactions.

Many of the old school "good posters" now were jumping off the bandwagon during rough spots in the previous championship years. Sometimes it takes posters a bit of time to evolve.

Trainwreck2100
03-31-2010, 01:30 AM
its not a basketball message board, it was originally designed to discuss cowboy wear accessories.

Xylus
03-31-2010, 01:49 AM
SpursTalk is one of the best basketball message boards on the net, but no memberbase has better and more complete meltdowns than this one.

phxspurfan
03-31-2010, 01:49 AM
its not a basketball message board, it was originally designed to discuss cowboy wear accessories.

Yeah, it's been awhile...heh. Speaking of that, what say you about this place for some booties para todos mis Niņos:

cBfV6q2YwSQ

vander
03-31-2010, 05:06 AM
#1: some of us have standards, and won't cheer for crap...

#2: OP is obviously a troll of the inner party / all is well / be happy with what you have crowd, perhaps even a troll of management...

ohmwrecker
03-31-2010, 09:17 AM
shitty troll

Pot meet kettle.

BillMc
03-31-2010, 10:12 AM
I have to say I generally agree with the poster. What amazes me is the lack of loyalty (and fleeting loyalties) to the players and coaching staff. Everybody "sucks" at some time and most "should be traded". Usually Tim has been spared this but as his body wears down even the anti-Tim threads appear from time to time.

I ask, if we don't really root for any of these players, then in-effect they are gladiators. They are there to entertain us and if they don't perform we feel no empathy/attachment to them. We root for an empty jersey and claim "our team" wins when they do so.

Obviously, the nature of professional sports means players come and go. I think there are only 4 players left from the last championship team (the Big 3 and Bonner.) Still, they are your team and especially if they are classy and professional and bust their asses we should root for them. The hatred for Bonner is a prime example. He may not be the best, but I've never seen him not try. I want him to succeed.

Longer tenured players like Tim, Tony and Manu who have done so much for us can be criticized but the hate level is amazing. They are your team, the players should matter to you, otherwise its really just pointless.

jjktkk
03-31-2010, 10:14 AM
#1: some of us have standards, and won't cheer for crap...

#2: OP is obviously a troll of the inner party / all is well / be happy with what you have crowd, perhaps even a troll of management...

You sound like a like a bandwagon fan. Which is your right. But when the Spurs do win and the bandwagon fans start chiming in, I just roll my eyes and have a good chuckle.

Muser
03-31-2010, 10:14 AM
I will say that this place has been invaded by a lot more cliff-jumpers, bandwagoners and bipolar teenagers over the past 2 years, all of whom bring down the quality of the forum as it tends to be filled with reactionary spam. This has also driven off more than a few of the old regulars who used to make the place what it was. OP is largely on the money.

However, he is wrong about Tony. Might be time to trade him this offseason. But I've posted about that elsewhere.

Agree with all of this (Although I have just joined these past 2 years :lol)

bigzak25
03-31-2010, 10:16 AM
if it was just rah rah, kumbaya, it would be a boring site.

Cane
03-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Basically all free forums are loaded with trolls. Happens.

Chomag
03-31-2010, 11:02 AM
IF we all just held hands and agreed with each other only speaking of how everything is wonderful with the Spur, this site would be a bit moot right?

:sleep fest would be ensuing. That might make some of the blind homers happy though.

jjktkk
03-31-2010, 11:20 AM
if it was just rah rah, kumbaya, it would be a boring site.

So true. It makes for good enterainment on ST.

dbestpro
03-31-2010, 11:21 AM
We should all hold hands, and sing kumbaya, while around an outdoor fire, as Pop plays the tambourine.

Obstructed_View
03-31-2010, 11:26 AM
So when someone starts a "I'm a better fan than you and here's why" thread, is it appropriate to point out that they only have four posts and have been registered for only a few months as though that means something, too?