PDA

View Full Version : Life is awful

Rogue
03-30-2010, 07:01 PM
The sky is blue, the air is clean, the food is savory and delicious... they're all reasons why you should cherish every moment of your life but there's one more reason left which I think is the primary one - You're going to lose it sooner or later.

Despite how much of an optimist you are, you would be guaranteed to tremble like shit in the face of death, which is one proposition well supported by a whole lot of the shivering behaviors by some prisoners sentenced to death penalties, especially those shown the night right before their executions. It's just a glimpsing epitome of human's inborn fear for death. Their race will probably have many more centuries of existence in this world, but the time for one single person has little chance to exceed 1 century contrastingly.

Your tears on the funerals of your families or friends weren't only discharged for the deceased, but yourself as well. You knew the same fate would ineluctably visit your house someday. It's just because you aren't sure when your day comes that you can be reveled in the life, praying this day comes tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and the next day after... But you know you have no chance to evade it anyway.

In analogue to the decisions of judges, God has also set the execution date of every human, as well as all other living creatures on the earth, since the moments they first get their lives. With all the means to prolong your lives, you can only add a couple decades onto your living time at most but a period of some decades doesn't make too much a difference on the overall view of history.

The more wealth you have, the bigger grief it will be during the last a couple minutes of your life. Having seen so many deaths shoving your shoulders and passing by, you know one day your own will come and there is no vent to escape from this fate. Your life had better be enjoyed as long as it exists and perhaps some alcohols may help you stow the fears behind your sights and thoughts for moments, but your life still has a limit and the fate of all humans has yet to be changed. Enjoy it while you can, mates. Life is awesome as long as you still have one.

clambake
03-30-2010, 07:03 PM
how long have ya got?

Scola
03-30-2010, 07:08 PM
CJkWS4t4l0k

Gorilla Born. Gorilla Grow. Gorilla Die. :rollin

Bartleby
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Some people argue that perhaps the greatest difference between humans and animals is that the former are aware of their own death.

Sisk
03-30-2010, 07:19 PM
"Quigley's 2000-word vocabulary has proven insufficient to express his emptiness"

Dex
03-30-2010, 07:21 PM
http://top10kid.com/wp-content/uploads/emo.jpg

Bartleby
03-30-2010, 07:27 PM
"Existence. Cruel Joke"

Quigley sounds like he just stepped out of a Woody Allen film.

Bartleby
03-30-2010, 07:28 PM
One more thing I think Quigley has figured out:

No God.

No Afterlife.

This is it.

Sisk
03-30-2010, 07:29 PM
One more thing.

No God.

No Afterlife.

This is it, so make the most of it.

hi, my name is bartleby, and i'm here to hijack your thread :rolleyes

Shaolin-Style
03-30-2010, 07:30 PM
I'll brb, gonna make a life is ok thread so we can have a neutral area for guys like me who are somewhat happy but not completely so.

Bartleby
Hi Sisk

Sisk
I'll brb, gonna make a life is ok thread so we can have a neutral area for guys like me who are somewhat happy but not completely so.

please do so.

Cry Havoc
03-31-2010, 01:36 AM
pf9oD_xl8mI

Sisk
03-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Hi Sisk

hi

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-31-2010, 01:43 AM
Life is limited... so what? The fact that you only have 75 years impells you to live. If you had forever what would drive you to do anything?

I've had 2 near-death experiences, and ever since them I've lost my abstract fear of death because now I feel like every day is a bonus. Sure, staring death in the face I'll probably be as shit-scared as anyone, but the abstract idea that one day I will cease to exist seems, well, the way it should be.

We are all surrounded by media that constantly feeds us messages about freedom and unlimited everything, where I think we should start looking around us and recognising limits from a personal to global level. Understanding the limits of life is actually comforting. It is this idea of the infinite which is disturbing (and usually a complete fantasy).

The only thing about death that scares me is a long and lingering one. Make it short and sharp.

redzero
03-31-2010, 02:41 AM
I would prefer not to read Rogue's idiotic ramblings.

spursfan09
03-31-2010, 06:58 AM
CJkWS4t4l0k

Gorilla Born. Gorilla Grow. Gorilla Die. :rollin

WTF? Poor Gorilla. I feel more sad for that Gorilla than I do myself. Then you go after a rabbit? :nope

Blake
03-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Despite how much of an optimist you are, you would be guaranteed to tremble like shit in the face of death, which is one proposition well supported by a whole lot of the shivering behaviors by some prisoners sentenced to death penalties, especially those shown the night right before their executions......

The more wealth you have, the bigger grief it will be during the last a couple minutes of your life.....

You're assuming that those facing death are mentally sound enough in the last few minutes of life to realize that death is coming.

You're also assuming that people living in severe pain would rather live than die.

Rogue
03-31-2010, 11:27 AM
I would prefer not to read Rogue's idiotic ramblings.

I would indeed prefer you to not be allowed to reside in the great country of america, since you're most likely an illegal alien. But we can't always have what we want can we?

IronMexican
03-31-2010, 11:58 AM
WTF? Poor Gorilla. I feel more sad for that Gorilla than I do myself. Then you go after a rabbit? :nope

No idea what the Onion is, huh?