PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft. Spurs Pick?

SilverSpur
03-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Who do you want the Spurs to pick in the first round of he NBA draft? Give a postion and player you like. Myself, I like guard Willie Warren from Oklahoma, hopefully hes there when we pick.

DesignatedT
03-31-2010, 05:03 PM
James Anderson - Oklahoma State.
Quincy Pondexter - Washington
Desean Butler - West Va.

also, check out the Think Tank if you want to look at this type of stuff
http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

jimo2305
03-31-2010, 06:18 PM
maybe we'll get lucky with evan turner slipping all the way down to our pick

Chieflion
03-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Small Forward. Paul George or Quincy Pondexter.

FeZZy
03-31-2010, 06:50 PM
small forward. Paul george or quincy pondexter.
yes

8FOR!3
03-31-2010, 06:56 PM
James Anderson - Oklahoma State.
Quincy Pondexter - Washington
Desean Butler - West Va.

also, check out the Think Tank if you want to look at this type of stuff
http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

I want me some Da'Sean Butler.

stnick2261
03-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Out of everyone, I want Jan Vesely to fall to us. Although I'm sure everyone else would hate that pick =/

DesignatedT
03-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Out of everyone, I want Jan Vesely to fall to us. Although I'm sure everyone else would hate that pick =/

he is nice... very raw but could be a good player.

200 miles
03-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Quincy Pondexter in the 1st

Jerome Jordan or Tim Ohlbrecht in the 2nd

BackHome
03-31-2010, 07:28 PM
The only thing I don't like about J.V is that I think his contract runs till 2013?

Bigs:
Solomon Alabi 7'1
Expe Udoh 6'11
Gani Lawal 6'9

SF
Paul George 6'7
Devin Ebanks 6'7
Damion James 6'7

Mrlunt925
03-31-2010, 07:40 PM
JP Prince could be a nice late pick up

superjames1992
03-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Da'Sean Butler would be a dream with me being a Mountaineers fan. In addition, he may also fill a need at the small forward position.

stnick2261
03-31-2010, 07:43 PM
The only thing I don't like about J.V is that I think his contract runs till 2013?

that is correct... and the reason why most people here wouldn't want him... and probably the only reason he would drop to our draft spot :depressed

blkroadrunners
03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Udoh will more than likely be picked in the mid teens. Paul George or Desean Butler seem more ideal.

dbestpro
03-31-2010, 08:13 PM
You are a glutton for punishment if you go for anybody shorter than 6-9. give me some size. I'll take Alabi.

Mr. Body
03-31-2010, 08:15 PM
No Euros, for God's sake.

Either a swingman like George or Pondexter, or a shooting SG like Anderson.

The Truth #6
03-31-2010, 09:29 PM
The team has plenty of holes at plenty of positions. I hope they pick someone who can be productive immediately.

SenorSpur
03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Small Forward. Paul George or Quincy Pondexter.

^This

I'd also add SF Stanley Robinson from UConn. Either one of these 3 would be good additions.

RedRaider
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Willie Warren is overrated IMO,

LaceDarius Dunn is awesome, I would love to have him. James Anderson's really good too.

Ditty
03-31-2010, 10:37 PM
i would like willie warren but unless spurs are going to trade parker or hill this offseason i dont see them doing it

i like pondextor andthe guy from baylor udoh is compared to rasheed wallace without the attitude so maybe spurs can grab him if he falls would be nice if spurs can trade a future pick for udoh and draft pondextor would be great but doubt it happens

jjktkk
03-31-2010, 10:58 PM
^This

I'd also add SF Stanley Robinson from UConn. Either one of these 3 would be good additions.

Isn't he like 6'9"? A good defender, can play both forward positions. I would love the Spurs to pick Robinson.

SenorSpur
03-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Isn't he like 6'9"? A good defender, can play both forward positions. I would love the Spurs to pick Robinson.

Yeah he is. Here's the book on him:

Stanley Robinson
Small Forward (Rank: #22) | 6-9, 215 | Age: 21
College: Connecticut (Senior)
Hometown: Birmingham, Ala

Draft Projection: Late lottery to mid first round

Positives:
Athletic, lanky forward
Explosive leaper
Good rebounder
Solid shot-blocker
Good midrange game
Developing a solid 3-point shot
Very quick for his size
Moves his feet well on defense

Negatives:
Very inconsistent
Needs to add strength
A bit of a tweener
Is he a power forward trapped in a small forward's body?

It sounds like he's indeed a bit of a tweener, but his versatility would be an asset. I'm sure Pop would love his versatility. I wonder how much better he would be than say, James Gist. Gist has almost the exact same measurables.

jjktkk
04-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah he is. Here's the book on him:

Stanley Robinson
Small Forward (Rank: #22) | 6-9, 215 | Age: 21
College: Connecticut (Senior)
Hometown: Birmingham, Ala

Draft Projection: Late lottery to mid first round

Positives:
Athletic, lanky forward
Explosive leaper
Good rebounder
Solid shot-blocker
Good midrange game
Developing a solid 3-point shot
Very quick for his size
Moves his feet well on defense

Negatives:
Very inconsistent
Needs to add strength
A bit of a tweener
Is he a power forward trapped in a small forward's body?

It sounds like he's indeed a bit of a tweener, but his versatility would be an asset. I'm sure Pop would love his versatility. I wonder how much better he would be than say, James Gist. Gist has almost the exact same measurables.

I noticed the similarities with Gist as well, but Robinson looks like a better athlete.

yavozerb
04-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I would like some more size at the 5 for the spurs with the 1st pick. I would go in order: Alabi, pittman, or daniel orton (this kid is intersting since he was backing up a top 3 pick)..

Truckules
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Some type of forward, maybe a center, has to be athletic. Vesely is interesting due to his versatility and size, but I would like someone who can come in and produce something right away, and I'm not sure that's him. Still not 100% on Pondexter, but I do like him more than every other player that's been mentioned. I'm uncertain about Heyward. He shot under 30% from 3 this year which concerns me. He did shoot 45% from 3 last year though. His athleticism is questionable.

It's still too early to tell and I think the biggest factor is going to be who falls in the draft (like always). The good news is that there are a lot of really good forwards in the draft this year. The Spurs ought to be able to get someone who can help out for a possible title run next year.

TJastal
04-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I would like some more size at the 5 for the spurs with the 1st pick. I would go in order: Alabi, pittman, or daniel orton (this kid is intersting since he was backing up a top 3 pick)..

Read: Fuck you Splitter you bastard.

:rollin

JR3
04-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I want someone from Spain or Argentina that no one has ever heard of before.

yavozerb
04-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Read: Fuck you Splitter you bastard.

:rollin

What are you talking about??I expect splitter to come over and start at the 5 for the spurs next season and one of these young guys to add depth..Thanks for posting my statement about bogans on your thread, guess I figured everyone knew I was joking except you...:idiot

dc_spursfan
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I want either a athletic bigman or a big SF.

Big men:
1) Alabi
2)Udoh
3)Larry Sanders

SF:
1)E'Babks/Butler
2)Pondexter
3)Hayward

Halberto
04-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Quit speculating. They're going to draft someone you've never heard of.

Muser
04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
The best 3 or 5 that's left in the draft.

AFBlue
04-01-2010, 03:39 PM
There's a thread in the think tank on every single one of the players mentioned and even a thread titled "2010 NBA Draft Discussion". Just saying...

TD 21
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
George is probably going to be the pick. He's projected to fall exactly around where the Spurs are likely to pick, he's a long, relatively athletic three, with the long term potential to be in the Ariza/Batum mold, as a guy who can guard top opposition wings and shoot the three. Unlike Ebanks, I haven't heard any character issues with regards to George.

Udoh, his stock is rising. I don't think he'll be available when the Spurs pick and unless a bunch of others are gone, I'm not sure the Spurs will pick a project like Sanders.

Darthkiller
04-01-2010, 07:06 PM
udoh is obviously the perfect fit, but doubt he slips that far. larry sander might be nice too, dude can block shots.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Pondexter, no doubt.

SenorSpur
04-01-2010, 11:34 PM
George is probably going to be the pick. He's projected to fall exactly around where the Spurs are likely to pick, he's a long, relatively athletic three, with the long term potential to be in the Ariza/Batum mold, as a guy who can guard top opposition wings and shoot the three. Unlike Ebanks, I haven't heard any character issues with regards to George.

I certainly hope George is available at the Spurs pick. I got all excited about Batum a couple of years ago, only to have Portland/Houston break my heart.

Anyone know what type of defender George is?

FeZZy
04-02-2010, 12:09 AM
I certainly hope George is available at the Spurs pick. I got all excited about Batum a couple of years ago, only to have Portland/Houston break my heart.

Anyone know what type of defender George is?
Ask Chieflion he's all over that guy :tu

FeZZy
04-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Trade Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker to the nets for John Wall :lmao

Ginobili2Duncan
04-02-2010, 01:13 AM
I think if Splitter comes over, the Spurs should focus on drafting a long athletic wing, who can be groomed into their defensive stopper in the future. The Spurs should look at 3 guys, George, Ebanks, and Taylor.

I really like Ebanks because of his rebounding ability, and length. I know he has had some issues, but I like the intensity he plays with on the defensive end, from what I have seen of him he already has the mindset of a stopper. But i would be happy if the Spurs drafted any of those 3 players.

By the way Da'Sean Butler is not the answer for the Spurs, he lacks the lateral quickness to gaurd explosive wing players in the nba.

jjktkk
04-02-2010, 01:24 AM
How many picks do the Spurs have this year?

Baseline
04-02-2010, 01:40 AM
1. Al-Farouk Aminu - Wake Forest

A big SF at 6' 9" and an animal on the glass. A bit raw as he's only a sophomore, but he's a more athletic Luol Deng, and better on the boards. Super long, Blocks a ton of shots. His jumper is still coming along. Could develop three-ball range. He's a 3 with a lot of 4 skills.
Best Comparison: Robert Horry

2. Ishmael Smith - Wake Forest

A true PG. Lightening quick with the ball, can get anywhere on the floor. Will live in the paint in the NBA. Shooting is terrible, which makes him a perfect backup Spurs PG. Ish is more skilled than Parker when he came to the Spurs. During a broadcast earlier this year of the UNC-Wake game, Mark Jackson went nuts over this kid.
Best Comparison: Ty Lawson. Or of he really develops, Rajon Rondo, another very good PG who can't shoot.

I'm not sure Aminu will still be on the board when the Spurs pick, but Aminu could definitely be a Robert Horry, but with better scoring skills.

Ish Smith is probably an early to mid 2nd rounder.

lennyalderette
04-02-2010, 05:53 AM
udoh

lurker23
04-02-2010, 05:58 AM
How many picks do the Spurs have this year?

Two: they have their own first and second round picks; no more, no less.

This is a good site for seeing who owes picks to whom:

http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

lennyalderette
04-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Two: they have their own first and second round picks; no more, no less.

This is a good site for seeing who owes picks to whom:

http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

didnt it say we only had one from charlotte in 2016?? thats what i saw lol

lurker23
04-02-2010, 06:21 AM
didnt it say we only had one from charlotte in 2016?? thats what i saw lol

lol, Yes, but that won't impact the Spurs this year, nor do I suspect it will EVER impact the Spurs, as they're not likely to ever see that pick.