PDA

View Full Version : The Lack of Keith Bogans...

Amuseddaysleeper
03-31-2010, 11:19 PM
...I only caught the second half of tonight's game, but was pleasantly surprised to see the lack of playing time for Keith Bogans. I don't know if it was a fluke or what, but Pop limiting Bogans minutes would be the smartest move he's made all year. The last thing we need is Ime Udoka 2.0 getting 20 mpg come playoff time.

What do you guys make of the situation. Was it just a one off thing, or could Keith see his minutes decline?

I also saw Hairston got 20+ minutes and scored 9 points. What did you guys who saw the whole game think of him tonight?

DesignatedT
03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
wasnt to impressed with hairston. i think its pretty much pick your poison with bogans hairston and mason... but if mason starts to come around and find that long lost stroke i wouldnt mind him out there so much..

once the playoff starts i think we need to give as much minutes to tony,manu,hill,rj and play bogans/hairston/rmj whoever it may be just limited minutes.

TD 21
03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Bogans is injured. He turned his ankle last game. I assume it's minor, because he played more after that in that game and played some tonight. His spot in the rotation isn't going anywhere though, he's the eighth man and that isn't changing at this point.

TJastal
03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Keith Bogans, SG 8 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 +2 0

I actually wouldn't mind seeing more lines like this from Bogans. Didn't do squat, but at least didn't miss any shots or commit silly fouls/turnovers.

FeZZy
03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
good thing

Amuseddaysleeper
03-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Keith Bogans, SG 8 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 +2 0

I actually wouldn't mind seeing more lines like this from Bogans. Didn't do squat, but at least didn't miss any shots or commit silly fouls/turnovers.

So he's pretty much just another Jacque Vaughan for us. We don't need any more "place holders", and I agree with you.

Hairston got 4 FTA, which is pretty good as this team could use a lot more slashing to the basket.

TD 21
03-31-2010, 11:32 PM
He won't be. After all, he's the centerpiece of the defense. All kidding aside, the rotation is set at this point.

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2010, 11:34 PM
this team was built around the centerpiece

its like how all the planets orbit around teh sun

mingus
03-31-2010, 11:39 PM
i think if Pop shows mason he has confidence in him, Mason can perform well (meaning he can hit his shots, WHICH IS ALL HE CAN DO).

Mason out there, hitting threes on a consistent basis, is better than anything that the Bogans will give you on a consistent basis.

Mason, last year at sg, with confidence > Bogans. it's that simple.

Bogans, it just a shitty and stupid basketball player. he makes dumb mistakes. he fouls three-point shooters too much and he turn the ball over too much on dumb decisions. plus, i just hate looking at the guy.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-01-2010, 12:02 AM
I don't know about Mason, he has been shooting better the last two games, but that splint on his hand makes me nervous. I hope he can get his stroke back and redeem himself after a terrible showing in the playoffs last year as well as a brutal season. He is in a contract year, so even if he's gonna jump ship this year, hopefully getting a new deal will motivate him to shoot better.

Sigz
04-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Less Keith Bogans = better..

jestersmash
04-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Mason can be streaky. I'll take my chances with a streaky Mason than an inevitably poor shooting bogans. I actually don't remember the last time bogans made a shot.

Bogans will have maybe one shining moment in 10 games where he makes a strong drive to the basket and gets a layup somehow, but we have far superior players for that role anyway. We needed him to be a bruce bowen, and he's consistently shown he can't fill bowen's shoes.

bigdog
04-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Hairston hasn't really impressed me besides his hustle. His defense hasn't been "great", and he hasn't shown any improvement in his jumpshot, IMO. Sure, he's good for a highlight dunk/block, but that's pretty much it. I like Temple right now more than Hairston.

Sisk
04-01-2010, 02:01 AM
no keith + more hairston is excellent

Sisk
04-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Hairston hasn't really impressed me besides his hustle. His defense hasn't been "great", and he hasn't shown any improvement in his jumpshot, IMO. Sure, he's good for a highlight dunk/block, but that's pretty much it. I like Temple right now more than Hairston.

refs give him no respect

Doe
04-01-2010, 02:28 AM

I sort of agree. Hairston's handle is LOL bad at this point in his career. He still hasn't been able to consistently hit shots and he gets lost on the court from time to time.

Some of this will go away with just getting game experience and others he needs to put some serious time in the gym over the summer to improve.

I haven't been impressed with Temple. He's okay as a big guard handling the ball but his defense hasn't been great. Hairston on the other hand has shown glimpses of being a very good defender.

xellos88330
04-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Hairston's defense seemed to be adequate. His jumper looks a bit flat to me though. I do like his ability to get some rebounds around the basket. Bogans/Mason don't seem to be able to mix it up in the paint. Hairston needs to work on his handle a bit more or take fewer dribbles to get to the rim and his penetration will be decent enough.

boutons_deux
04-01-2010, 03:46 AM
"wasnt to impressed with hairston"

Due to lack of PT, he's still back in Nov/Dec, not March.

alchemist
04-01-2010, 04:20 AM
Malik shouldn't ever handle the rock unless it's a putback/alley oop/defensive possession.

spursbird
04-01-2010, 04:35 AM
I hope he injured for the season.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2010, 10:51 PM
The lack of Keith Bogans is a huge momentum boost for the Spurs.

oh, and Manu helps.

Sean Cagney
04-02-2010, 10:54 PM
the lack of keith bogans is a huge momentum boost for the spurs.

Oh, and manu helps.

+10

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2010, 10:54 PM
It helps that he's playing less and that Finley's gone..the Spurs shortening the rotation will leave Bogans with limited minutes in the playoffs, 10 MPG max IMO, and that's great for this team..

Parker/Hill/Manu/RJ should get the majority of the minutes, with little available for Bogans and Mason..