PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Rockets Game)

duncan228
03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100331.html)

Head coach Gregg Popovich

On the defense in the second half…if they did anything different - “It was the same defense as the first half. We just rebounded a little better.”

On George Hill and his evolution - “His defense is very good. He’s getting more and more confident on the offense and slowly starting to take charge of situations, which is tough to do for someone that hasn’t been a point guard for very long. To play the game and think the game at the same time; he’s done a good job in that area.”

On Roger Mason playing with his injury - “He did a good job. I know it was painful for him, but he wanted to play. Will did a good job coming up with that contraption. It made him feel good enough to go out and play and shoot and do what he did.”

Manu Ginobili

On physical health - “I feel great. I’m kind of surprised how good I feel. My back didn’t bother me at all tonight which makes me very happy.”

On George Hill - “George is doing a great job. He has some very big shoes to fill without Tony playing. He’s doing what this team needs whether we need him to score points or play defense.”

George Hill

On career high points scored - “Tonight my teammates did a great job setting me up and I was just trying to capitalize on the play. Tonight’s focus was being aggressive and taking what they gave me.”

Halftime motivation - “We talked about knuckling down on defense. We gave up 59 points in the first half and we usually try to limit teams to 24 points per quarter. We felt like we gave up to much so we buckled down on defense during the second half.”

Personal growth - “I feel I’m maturing into an all around player. I have a year under my belt which is helping me learn what to expect. I know I’m not fully developed but with my experience from last year I feel things are starting to come natural.”

Head Coach Rick Adelman

Opening statement - “We didn’t play well enough; we didn’t guard them well enough that’s for sure. They got to many easy baskets in the first half. We cut the lead down, but we couldn’t get back over the hump.”

On being over matched - “We were over matched inside that’s for sure. We didn’t have a answer for Tim at all and Ginobili played really well. They had the open court on us. A lot of it is when they run the pick-and-rolls we’re playing young guys and we’re making some mistakes. We have toi find a way to fix the transition. We have to get back and slow them down and make them run their half court offence. We really didn’t do that in the first half.”

On the current big three Hill, Ginobili, Duncan - “(Hill) He’s playing very well. He’s gained a lot of confidence since Parker has been out. It looks like Ginobili has been playing the best that I’ve seen him play in the last few years. He’s got a lot of quickness. He’s a tough cover and he’s smart. Tim hurt us inside all night long.”

Aaron Brooks

On what it takes to be perfect defensively - “I don‘t know, we just have to do a better job at playing defense. We haven’t came into our own yet as far as being able to outscore teams defensively as we‘re not getting stops to keep up with these teams.”

On letting George Hill and the Spurs take shots the Rockets wanted them to take - “He played an excellent game as he hit the shots when he was open and got out today and made some shots. George, Mason, those guys were definitely hitting their shots today.”

On tonight‘s performance - “We tend to be a little hectic, a little stagnant as that is what’s been going on all season. We just haven‘t been able to put a finger on it. It‘s like the same thing over again as that‘s how it is sometimes."

Kyle Lowry

On how the Spurs changed things tonight - “They put a Hall-of-Famer back into the game. We have to make adjustments so when he comes back into the game they made some baskets off of that.”

On the Spurs defense stepping up - “When you have a 7-footer in the paint whose been doing it forever and is probably one of the greatest power forwards in history that is what happens. He definitely knows how to play."

TIMMYD!
03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100331.html)

Kyle Lowry

On the Spurs defense stepping up - “When you have a 7-footer in the paint whose been doing it forever and is probably one of the greatest power forwards in history that is what happens. He definitely knows how to play.

Probably?

DesignatedT
03-31-2010, 11:26 PM
thanks 228 :toast

ElNono
03-31-2010, 11:34 PM

spursfaninla
03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Aaron brooks is not a smart man. His comments put the nail in that coffin.

First, he said they were having trouble "outscoring teams defensively." I don't think that needs comment to prove my point.

Then, he makes it sound like Hill never hits hit shots. Sure, mason his 2-3, which is a miracle for him recently. But to mention that Hill hit is shots is like saying water is wet.

Next, he says - “We tend to be a little hectic, a little stagnant as that is what’s been going on all season. We just haven‘t been able to put a finger on it. It‘s like the same thing over again as that‘s how it is sometimes."

He does not know what he wants to say. Sure, there is pressure when somebody walks up to you, asks you a question you don't know the answer to, and you think on your feet. But that is incoherent.

Dude is fast and can shoot but that is it.

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2010, 11:47 PM
this game only proves that GHILL3 = MIP award

benefactor
03-31-2010, 11:53 PM
On physical health - “I feel great. I’m kind of surprised how good I feel. My back didn’t bother me at all tonight which makes me very happy.”
Translation: "My back wasn't really hurt at all."

Hopefully the NJ debacle shows Pop that this team simply cannot win without Manu.

DesignatedT
03-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Translation: "My back wasn't really hurt at all."

Hopefully the NJ debacle shows Pop that this team simply cannot win without Manu.

manu before the NJ game:

I must have made a strange move that started to hurt a lot. A pain that got worse. When I lay down it hurt and when I got up in the morning too. Now for example at the game time it doesnt hurt so much. But no, Im not ready to play. So I rest tonight but I think I'll be ready for wednesday

spurs10
04-01-2010, 12:10 AM
thanks 228 :toast
Me too!

sook
04-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Aaron brooks is not a smart man. His comments put the nail in that coffin.

First, he said they were having trouble "outscoring teams defensively." I don't think that needs comment to prove my point.

Then, he makes it sound like Hill never hits hit shots. Sure, mason his 2-3, which is a miracle for him recently. But to mention that Hill hit is shots is like saying water is wet.

Next, he says - “We tend to be a little hectic, a little stagnant as that is what’s been going on all season. We just haven‘t been able to put a finger on it. It‘s like the same thing over again as that‘s how it is sometimes."

He does not know what he wants to say. Sure, there is pressure when somebody walks up to you, asks you a question you don't know the answer to, and you think on your feet. But that is incoherent.

Dude is fast and can shoot but that is it.

way to read into shit thats not there, shutup.