PDA

View Full Version : Protesters at Military funerals, these people make me sick.

howbouthemspurs
04-01-2010, 12:13 AM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2010/0330/Dad-of-a-fallen-Marine-perseveres-against-protests-at-military-funerals

I'm just going to say this; Anyone who protest has a right to do it, so many have died for that right, for that freedom of speech. I strongly believe in it. But if you do it at a funeral for someone who died defending your right just to make an idiotic claim that God hates gays, you not only cross the line of freedom of speech, you cross the line of humanity, and in my eyes you become less then scum, you become less then the corn in my shit. These people are abusing these rights in the most disgusting way. They have dehumanize their reasons for doing it. Their argument is at the height of immorality and ignorance and they think that they are on some Christan crusade to abolish what they think is a sinful travesty of their religion. They are saying that the reasons soldiers, marines, and sailors are dying is because of of our nation's tolerance of homosexuality. It is sickening to think that this is happening to my fellow military brothers and sisters. And now a father of a fallen marine has to pay these sick fuckers for legal fees because he won a law suit filed against them for $5 million for emotional distress but lost the appeal they filed right after. This is not an isolated incident, it is happening all over the country and it needs to stop! I know if I was was ever K.I.A and these fucking idiots showed up at my funeral, someone is going to get hurt or killed and that is a fact. I see it happening if it continues, Americans in general are not going to continue tolerating this ignorance for long and violence will become the only solution.

Any thoughts?

mookie2001
04-01-2010, 12:19 AM
I agree but don't insult our intelligence and say they died defending our right to free speech, how exactly was saddam going to take over America and abolish the constitution?

The war in Iraq was neocon chickenhawk shit at it's worst

peteee
04-01-2010, 12:29 AM
I agree but don't insult our intelligence and say they died defending our right to free speech, how exactly was saddam going to take over America and abolish the constitution?

you're a swill sucker at your finest, fairly said.

howbouthemspurs
04-01-2010, 12:43 AM

What the fuck does that have to do with this? This is not about the war in Iraq, this is about the military in general! These soldiers did not choose to go to Iraq! They chose to join the military because it was the right thing to do for themselves and for the country! The fact that we had to go to an unpopular war is not our fault! So fuck your intelligence cause you clearly don't have any!

mookie2001
04-01-2010, 12:49 AM
It was in your second sentence exclamation point

talk about the story, you don't have to tell us that "they" died for our freedom of speech or that "you" defend our freedom of speech. It hurts your cause, everyone is against these people protesting, everyone. You don't have to lie to make a point we all agree with

how was saddam going to abolish our freedom of speech?

peteee
04-01-2010, 12:58 AM
What the fuck does that have to do with this? This is not about the war in Iraq, this is about the military in general! These soldiers did not choose to go to Iraq! They chose to join the military because it was the right thing to do for themselves and for the country! The fact that we had to go to an unpopular war is not our fault! So fuck your intelligence cause you clearly don't have any!
argue against the homeless dog who trod your lawn instead, that makes more sense.

peteee
04-01-2010, 01:00 AM

talk about the story, you don't have to tell us that "they" died for our freedom of speech or that "you" defend our freedom of speech. It hurts your cause, everyone is against these people protesting, everyone. You don't have to lie to make a point we all agree with

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o115/Penis-Ray/Kill.gif

howbouthemspurs
04-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Clearly you dont know what in general means. Ok, lets make this simple for you. .. if we did find weapons of mass destruction and did find out that Saddam was actually going to use them on us, if we did find out the he was actually joining russia, china and north korea to destroy the U.S and soldiers were sent to defend our country. If someone protested at a funeral of one of these soldiers, saying that he died because God hates gays. Wouldn't you be outraged? I know we didn't go to Iraq primarily to defend our freedom of speech, im saying that a soldier IN GENERAL (not just the ones that had to go to Iraq, but the ones that helped built our nation) deserves respect. So when I say "they" im talking about everyone who has died for their country. And when you die for your country you die for everything that your country stands for and even if unintended for this case, one of those things is freedom of speech.

Cyrano
04-01-2010, 01:34 AM
celebrating the death of a member of any distinct group pretty much is the definition of hate speech. Does that make it okay because the deceased was in the military? Were the protesters cheering the death of someone because they were gay, black, oriental, or left-handed albanians, there would be a rush to enact legislation protecting that group.

mookie2001
04-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Like I said, I agree but you said in your post that the soldier died defending their right to say god hates gays. That is false

everyone agrees these protesters are crazy assholes, there's no reason to lie, serving your country is honorable enough

howbouthemspurs
04-01-2010, 01:55 AM
Like I said, I agree but you said in your post that the soldier died defending their right to say god hates gays. That is false

everyone agrees these protesters are crazy assholes, there's no reason to lie, serving your country is honorable enough

You are not getting it. Soldiers who die for their country are exactly that, they are soldiers who died for their country. Again, what it means to die for your country means that you die for everything your country believes in and everything that was fought for. One of those things is freedom of speech. So yes I am saying that soldiers died defending their right to say God hates gays.
I think you are lying to yourself.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-01-2010, 02:09 AM
He's not trying to take away from the soldiers, he's stating fact. I almost never agree with mookie but he's simply dead on saying the soldiers didn't die protecting our freedom. Iraq didn't at the time and never posed any threat to America. Without the war in Iraq we'd still be able to wake up in the morning and say whatever the fuck we want.

duhoh
04-01-2010, 02:33 AM
these idiots aren't Christians at all. they're just idiots.

if gays disappear, are people gonna stop dying?

I'm Christian, and them suckas are a disgrace. I apologize on their stupidity.

LnGrrrR
04-01-2010, 03:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that soldiers defend our freedom simply by existing. In other words, if there was no army/air force/marines/navy/coast guard, then more than a few countries would be willing to take us over and theoretically deny us our rights. So while Saddam may not have been able to take away our freedom of speech, the reason is because our soldiers exist.

They may not have specifically died for that reason, but collectively, that's why they are there. (And why I am here.)

howbouthemspurs
04-01-2010, 03:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that soldiers defend our freedom simply by existing. In other words, if there was no army/air force/marines/navy/coast guard, then more than a few countries would be willing to take us over and theoretically deny us our rights. So while Saddam may not have been able to take away our freedom of speech, the reason is because our soldiers exist.

They may not have specifically died for that reason, but collectively, that's why they are there. (And why I am here.)

Exactly!

peteee
04-01-2010, 06:34 AM
He's not trying to take away from the soldiers, he's stating fact. I almost never agree with mookie but he's simply dead on saying the soldiers didn't die protecting our freedom. Iraq didn't at the time and never posed any threat to America. Without the war in Iraq we'd still be able to wake up in the morning and say whatever the fuck we want.
It seems you don't get it TBH. This retard didn't say anything on behalf of America or allies because he's just a retard who probably was born and has ever since been living in some Nazi sympathizer, which can easily be noticed with the dumbness and stupidity leaked from his dummy tune.

Although there has been no country having enough power or stupidity to argue against America, it was within the power of some egoistic tyrants to block America's voices from their autocratic lands thence to insert their own twisted thoughts into the citizens who lived under their dictatorships. That's probably why there are quite a number of people induced to hate America in some sheltered corners of the world. And their hatred often were used by those willy radical left-wings against America, which is why it isn't beyond America's privilege to help those blinded people launch sedition against autocracy and to protect itself simultaneously.

I'm not arguing America always stands for righteousness TBF. Those Iraqis just needed to know what kind of government it really was and to have a straight view of the truth, which couldn't be accessed before America's "invasion" to Iraq. Folks need to see the truth and it's their rights to judge which is angel while the other is evil. It's just because some political dictators folded up their country and completely blocked it from the real world, that these tyrants have assembled so many idiots who tried to defend their governments on the provisos of their own tunnel lives, like this mockie2001.

Wild Cobra
04-01-2010, 11:00 AM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2010/0330/Dad-of-a-fallen-Marine-perseveres-against-protests-at-military-funerals

I'm just going to say this; Anyone who protest has a right to do it, so many have died for that right, for that freedom of speech. I strongly believe in it. But if you do it at a funeral for someone who died defending your right just to make an idiotic claim that God hates gays, you not only cross the line of freedom of speech, you cross the line of humanity, and in my eyes you become less then scum, you become less then the corn in my shit.

----

Any thoughts?
Yes.

They themselves, in claiming they have a first amendment right, are violating the first amendment right of others.

We have the right to peaceable assemble. Sounds like a funeral to me. They are violating others rights to have a peaceful assembly, and should be jailed in my view for that violation of others constitutional rights.

Stringer_Bell
04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm not arguing America always stands for righteousness TBF. Those Iraqis just needed to know what kind of government it really was and to have a straight view of the truth, which couldn't be accessed before America's "invasion" to Iraq. Folks need to see the truth and it's their rights to judge which is angel while the other is evil. It's just because some political dictators folded up their country and completely blocked it from the real world, that these tyrants have assembled so many idiots who tried to defend their governments on the provisos of their own tunnel lives, like this mockie2001.

Hell yessah, those Irackies needed to be taught a lesson after living in the cave of ignorance. I fuckin' love the way they run their elections now too and all the good choices they've been making such as renaming Sadaam City "Sadr City" after a respected dead Ayatollah and allowing his son Muqtada al-Sadr to run it. You heard about what they do there? Reminds me of when those Vietnamese renamed Saigon into "Ho Chi Minh City." That was another glorious campaign, we're just racking them up ain't we brother?

Mockie2100 is a freedom hatin scumbug that doesn't understand jack sqaut. Let's keep teaching ignorant people lessons about government, like North Korea and Venezuela. All around the world people will have a "straight view of the truth!" Give 'em access through invasion, give 'em life through death.

PS: On a more serious note, I wonder if people will protest the Phelps family when one their members dies. That's be interesting.

bus driver
04-01-2010, 11:53 AM

I'm just going to say this; Anyone who protest has a right to do it, so many have died for that right, for that freedom of speech. I strongly believe in it. But if you do it at a funeral for someone who died defending your right just to make an idiotic claim that God hates gays, you not only cross the line of freedom of speech, you cross the line of humanity, and in my eyes you become less then scum, you become less then the corn in my shit. These people are abusing these rights in the most disgusting way. They have dehumanize their reasons for doing it. Their argument is at the height of immorality and ignorance and they think that they are on some Christan crusade to abolish what they think is a sinful travesty of their religion. They are saying that the reasons soldiers, marines, and sailors are dying is because of of our nation's tolerance of homosexuality. It is sickening to think that this is happening to my fellow military brothers and sisters. And now a father of a fallen marine has to pay these sick fuckers for legal fees because he won a law suit filed against them for $5 million for emotional distress but lost the appeal they filed right after. This is not an isolated incident, it is happening all over the country and it needs to stop! I know if I was was ever K.I.A and these fucking idiots showed up at my funeral, someone is going to get hurt or killed and that is a fact. I see it happening if it continues, Americans in general are not going to continue tolerating this ignorance for long and violence will become the only solution.
Any thoughts?

:toast
thank you for your service and your child's service, sorry to hear about your loss

i saw this on a bumper sticker and loved it:

If you don't stand behind them then stand in front of them. (in reference to our military)

Blake
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
“I really don’t see that [the protest] was a violation of the First Amendment [principles]. It was a violation of decorum and good taste and all sorts of other things, but not a violation of the First Amendment,” says Charles Gittins, a civilian lawyer in Virginia.

"The protest was confined to a public area under supervision and regulation of local law enforcement and did not disrupt the church service," the circuit court opinion said. "Although reasonable people may disagree about the appropriateness of the Phelps' protest, this conduct simply does not satisfy the heavy burden required for the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress under Maryland law."

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149865

Drachen
04-01-2010, 02:23 PM
celebrating the death of a member of any distinct group pretty much is the definition of hate speech. Does that make it okay because the deceased was in the military? Were the protesters cheering the death of someone because they were gay, black, oriental, or left-handed albanians, there would be a rush to enact legislation protecting that group.

I know your natural state is to try to turn everything political and make it look like the "other side" is wrong, but you are horribly mistaken in this case. Any time you see stock footage of anti-gay protests, you are very likely watching footage of WBC. I don't know if you have ever seen that clip of that lady standing around with a sign that says "God hates fags" but if you have, that was a WBC member at a WBC protest. They are the most venomous of all anti-gay protesters and routinely cheer the deaths of gay people. It is, in fact, because of gay people in America that they are picketing this soldier's funeral because "God is making sure that US soldiers are dying because he is enraged by the gay people living in the US." That is their primary reason for assembling at all to state that gays are bad, and anything bad that has recently happened is because God hates the gays that live here. So they are ALWAYS protesting gays, and their 1st amendment has been upheld. There has been no rush to protect the gays in our society through legislation in reaction to this "church."

As far as black people are concerned Fred Phelps used to be a very tenacious and effective civil rights lawyer who was well known for putting in a bunch of pro bono work to help African Americans utilize their rights.

His reconciliation of this is that God says he hates gays, not blacks.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
The Patriot Guard showed up at my dad's funeral. He had the honor guard and the firing of the volleys and all that, and because his funeral was fairly well known locally the Patriot Guard came out, but there were no protests that I saw.

I would have been pretty upset had that happened though. These idiots protesting funerals need to respect these people who are grieving.

Mookie, it's interesting to me the stuff you choose to focus on. The thread starter is right about the hearts of the men who choose to serve. They had the right ideals even if some of the politics behind it all may not just. What you're doing is just as disrespectful to these men and why they gave up their lives as what the protestors are doing.

Sisk
04-01-2010, 06:47 PM
i'd have no issue putting a bullet in their heads if it was legal

exstatic
04-01-2010, 06:51 PM
WBC needs to recognize that eventually, the Army NG is going to accidentally have maneuvers near that shithole church of theirs and accidentally reduce it to a pile of concrete and sawdust with a few well placed artillery rounds.

Seriously, does anyone think that if some perpetrators did a drive by and wasted the whole 15 church members at one of these abominations that anyone would actually investigate it?

Sisk
04-01-2010, 07:43 PM
If there were no soldiers, there would be no war.

sooooooooooooooooooooooo much fail..

please tell me you don't believe world peace is possible.. please..

Spurminator
04-01-2010, 09:03 PM
So let's fight Constitutional right with Constitutional right. How about Freedom of the Press?

In other words, let's pull some of the resources we're wasting on smoking Sandra Bullock out of hiding and follow every WBC member around wherever they go, snapping photos, writing about every daily activity and generally making their lives a living hell.

Cyrano
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I know your natural state is to try to turn everything political and make it look like the "other side" is wrong,

And you know this about me how? Certainly not from reading my posts. I think you may have mistaken me for someone else.

thispego
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
what makes military funerals worthy of picketing? If this WBC was really committed to their gay-hate they'd be picketing any funeral. Nothing special about military funerals. Someone died... What's the significance?

Blake
04-01-2010, 10:50 PM
So let's fight Constitutional right with Constitutional right. How about Freedom of the Press?

In other words, let's pull some of the resources we're wasting on smoking Sandra Bullock out of hiding and follow every WBC member around wherever they go, snapping photos, writing about every daily activity and generally making their lives a living hell.

photo 1: picketing another funeral because of the gays

photo 2: picketing IHOP for serving rooty tooty fresh and frooty

photo 3: picketing Chrysler for selling PT Cruisers

photo 4: picketing nba forum for all of the lol threads

yawn

Drachen
04-02-2010, 12:20 AM
what makes military funerals worthy of picketing? If this WBC was really committed to their gay-hate they'd be picketing any funeral. Nothing special about military funerals. Someone died... What's the significance?

Because according to them it is specifically because we have gays in our country that we fail at any endeavor that we try nationally. Also, it gets more attention for them.

Booharv
04-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Has a hardcore Conservative ever converted a hardcore Liberal to their side via a web forum? Or vice versa? I'm willing to bet no. If so I'd like to see the thread where it happened.

spursncowboys
04-02-2010, 09:11 AM
bravo.

spursncowboys
04-02-2010, 09:14 AM

What wars do you agree with? Germany would have been at war with England and Russia for a long time before becoming a direct threat to our Constitutional rights in America.
Why can you not see indirect results towards our actions and lack of actions?
Why so much anger towards military? Did you find unit crests behind your girlfriends bed?

spursncowboys
04-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Hell yessah, those Irackies needed to be taught a lesson after living in the cave of ignorance. I fuckin' love the way they run their elections now too and all the good choices they've been making such as renaming Sadaam City "Sadr City" after a respected dead Ayatollah and allowing his son Muqtada al-Sadr to run it. You heard about what they do there? Reminds me of when those Vietnamese renamed Saigon into "Ho Chi Minh City." That was another glorious campaign, we're just racking them up ain't we brother?

. Are the ragheads too stupid to understand democracy? Should we have Saddam stay in power to keep mass murdering all the occupants of the Sadr City? You realize that entire part of Baghdad is shantyville? vietnam is different since the s. vietnamese didn't want to be raped, butchered and murdered by the communists. that is what saddam was doing to the people.

word
04-02-2010, 09:35 AM
but it's perfectly reasonable to assume the possibility of a world without US soldiers (but everyone else has soldiers)

pwn3d

n00b

go back to your high school bible history class

haha...unfortunately, there are people who believe if this happened everything would just be peachy in the world.

lil'mo
04-02-2010, 11:56 AM

:cry

it is YOUR JOB that YOU SIGNED UP FOR, probably because you were to unqualified to get a real job.

mookie2001
04-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Mookie, it's interesting to me the stuff you choose to focus on. The thread starter is right about the hearts of the men who choose to serve. They had the right ideals even if some of the politics behind it all may not just. What you're doing is just as disrespectful to these men and why they gave up their lives as what the protestors are doing.
that's funny

How was I just as disrespectful? It's the truth

serving you country is honorable enough, dying in war is tragic enough, you shouldn't have to tell people they died for our freedom of speech, because they did not. That's a fact, nobody has explained how saddam was going to abolish our freedom of speech

the patriot guard didn't show up for WWII funerals, we're talking about the war in Iraq

Stringer_Bell
04-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Are the ragheads too stupid to understand democracy? Should we have Saddam stay in power to keep mass murdering all the occupants of the Sadr City? You realize that entire part of Baghdad is shantyville? vietnam is different since the s. vietnamese didn't want to be raped, butchered and murdered by the communists. that is what saddam was doing to the people.

Wait a second, did we invade Iraq to defend OUR freedom or as charity to the poor people of Iraq living in fear of being mass murdered? If it's the latter, I can think of a few other places we can go out of charity. :king

petee
04-02-2010, 09:36 PM
that's funny

How was I just as disrespectful? It's the truth

serving you country is honorable enough, dying in war is tragic enough, you shouldn't have to tell people they died for our freedom of speech, because they did not. That's a fact, nobody has explained how saddam was going to abolish our freedom of speech

the patriot guard didn't show up for WWII funerals, we're talking about the war in Iraq
Having read all the posts in this thread, I somewhat get a sense about what you are -one orphan whose parents left their wailing kid to join Taliban and got killed in an military action launched by US troops. You can't be so hatefully against the US military otherwise.

EmptyMan
04-02-2010, 10:36 PM
There is free speech, and then there is the public instigation of your own demise.

They should make a special law against enticing such public danger. That's probably why this trash uses their brainwashed kids to hold their trash signs.

howbouthemspurs
04-03-2010, 06:11 AM
:cry

it is YOUR JOB that YOU SIGNED UP FOR, probably because you were to unqualified to get a real job.

Well I signed up as a paramedic and then later became a combat medic serving in Iraq twice in the past 5 years. All the people i've treated and cared for would most likely tell you that they would consider what i do, a real job. Not every member of the military are "poor kids who couldn't do anything else with their lives". Many are doctors, lawyers, chemical engineers, scientist, teachers, etc....and many are willing to risk their health, their lives and their everyday freedoms (that so many others take for granted), so you wouldn't have to. You clearly have a misconception of the military. Even the infantry have to learn and train on so many technical objectives and equipment that it would make a regular citizen's head spin. So please respectfully, GO FUCK YOURSELF!