PDA

View Full Version : still hating RJ?

TD50
04-01-2010, 01:32 AM
are there any people out there still hating on RJ? i just wanted to ask because it seems like people start to love him now :rollin

Sean Cagney
04-01-2010, 01:37 AM
HE CAN BE THIS FOR US! He can do as he has done this past month for us! This is what we wanted when we got him! We need him in the playoffs to do this, period.

TheSpursFNRule
04-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Hahaha this thread is classic.

DesignatedT
04-01-2010, 01:42 AM
I think its mainly because hes Defense and Rebounding have improved immensely... People wouldn't have called him out so much on his poor shooting performances if he contributed in other ways... but in the beginning of the season he was playing 0 defense, wasn't rebounding nor scoring..

Hes playing good basketball at the moment. Would like to see him play better in the 4th quarter of games but i think thats coming.

FeZZy
04-01-2010, 01:43 AM
as long as dick doesn't tuck during the playoffs i'm cool with the cat

NFGIII
04-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Finally producing at the levels many thought he would from the beginning. I'm happy with what he has done but will Pop recognize that playing with Manu and not TP is one of the main reasons, if not the main one, why this has happened?

We'll see.

DesignatedT
04-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Finally producing at the levels many thought he would from the beginning. I'm happy with what he has done but will Pop recognize that playing with Manu and not TP is one of the main reasons, if not the main one, why this has happened?

We'll see.

Hes going to have to play with Tony.. It's inevitable. He can try to play him with Manu as much as possible but if were going to go anywhere he's going to have to play with Tony as well... and learn to be effective.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Hes going to have to play with Tony.. It's inevitable. He can try to play him with Manu as much as possible but if were going to go anywhere he's going to have to play with Tony as well... and learn to be effective.

This. :toast

Sisk
04-01-2010, 01:59 AM
he'll show up big in the playoffs.. book it

if he doesn't, i'll chug 2 beers within 30 seconds

Sean Cagney
04-01-2010, 02:03 AM
he'll show up big in the playoffs.. book it

if he doesn't, i'll chug 2 beers within 30 seconds

Better get your bong out then and chug those two beers lol, JK.. I hope you are right there.

Sisk
04-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Better get your bong out then and chug those two beers lol, JK.. I hope you are right there.

it's a win win!

duhoh
04-01-2010, 02:12 AM
it's a win win!

:tu

i approve of win wins :lol

kaji157
04-01-2010, 02:34 AM
People mainly hate his contract and blame him "in advance" for us being in such an akward position to resign Manu.

jimo2305
04-01-2010, 03:13 AM
yes i still hate him

polandprzem
04-01-2010, 05:06 AM
I saw crowes flying over San Antonio

Danny.Zhu
04-01-2010, 05:20 AM
We are 8th seed right now. So I just hate everyone on this team.

Waps1980
04-01-2010, 05:26 AM
People mainly hate his contract and blame him "in advance" for us being in such an akward position to resign Manu.
But is it his fault San Antonio paid him so much.
Fuck if they were willing to pay me 15mil a year geez even 20k for my skill I'd take it. You can't hate on him for SA paying him so much. That was a silly move by the people with the cash.
+ a contract like that is bound to apply more pressure to anybody, that in addition to fitting in with Pops style and trying to get Parker to pass to him.

Fingers crossed the best is yet to come, playoffs seem like a good time for it.

weebo
04-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Over the last few weeks Dick has been up for games. He's been banging the boards hard and taking it to the hole with passion. Hopefully, come playoff time he'll hit his climax for the season and explode all over the competition.

sportan73
04-01-2010, 07:16 AM
had he done this all year we'd be in much better playoff positioning, so yes, I hate him but I'm happy he is turning things around.

all_heart
04-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Over the last few weeks Dick has been up for games. He's been banging the boards hard and taking it to the hole with passion. Hopefully, come playoff time he'll hit his climax for the season and explode all over the competition.

Sounds gross!! :lol

Well obviously the absence of Parker is making a difference, which isn't a good thing.:(

Phenomanul
04-01-2010, 08:23 AM

:rollin

TJastal
04-01-2010, 08:26 AM

The problems aren't really correctable, unfortunately. They've had 3/4 of a year to get on the same page and it never happened. Thinking RJ is just going to "learn" all of a sudden once the playoffs start is stupid.

Jefferson needs someone who knows how and where to get him the ball consistently all game long to be effective, which is something most good point guards/playmakers know how to do, and the only decent playmaker on the team is Manu.

If Pop dumps Ginobili back to the 2nd unit I will bet that Jefferson will go back to being the same inactive stationary perimeter shooter who doesn't bother running the court, rebounding, or playing defense.

BillMc
04-01-2010, 08:32 AM

Agree.

BillMc
04-01-2010, 08:34 AM

:lol:lol

Perverted, perverse, and perfect! :toast

Big P
04-01-2010, 08:50 AM
I'll hate until he gets traded.

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2010, 10:21 AM
lol trade his ass now

AFBlue
04-01-2010, 11:24 AM
He's peaking at the right time in two big ways...his comfort level with the system and players, and his increased effort/energy on the court.

Having said that, every team will tighten up their defense and make adjustments come playoff time. RJ still needs to prove he's got the ability to keep up his play despite the intense pressure and highest level of competition.

duncan228
04-01-2010, 02:06 PM
With season almost up, few summer moves were perfect (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/fran_blinebury/04/01/five.moves/index.html)
Fran Blinebury
NBA.com

The misfits

Richard Jefferson: Coming off their first-round elimination by Dallas last spring, the Spurs were desperate to add athleticism and another big-time option to their offense. They spent the summer celebrating the addition of Jefferson and have spent most of the season regretting it. He's no longer running the floor and finishing fastbreaks off lob passes from Jason Kidd. His transition game doesn't mesh with Tony Parker, even when Parker has been healthy. Jefferson has had trouble finding his offense and was a virtual no-show on defense until the past month. Considering they're battling for the No. 7 and 8 spots in the West, that $15 million the Spurs will owe him for next season is feeling like an anchor.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149966

dbestpro
04-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Is RJ really better because TP is not on the floor or is it because he is now playing SF almost exclusively?

CGD
04-01-2010, 02:28 PM

Well done sir.

murpjf88
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I never wanted the Spurs to invest in a high priced veteran who needs certain types of players on the floor to be successful. You take those players away and RJ disappears. He can't create his own shot and fails to consistently get to the rim. His perimeter jumpshot is MIA on most night and his defense is non-existent. Rj will never be that guy that takes his team to the next level. At this point, I'm more concerned about TD than I am RJ. RJ is what he is.

angelbelow
04-01-2010, 02:43 PM
well see wha happens after tp comes back

ace3g
04-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Luckily RJ has been deep into the playoffs and made it to the Finals with the Nets, so he at least knows what the pressure will be like.