04-01-2010, 02:11 AM
and the pot calls the kettle black.

how many calls did this douche get?

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2010, 02:42 AM
is he still hurting from that ginoblock

gm5k
04-01-2010, 02:53 AM
LMAO dude wouldn't have a ring if it wasn't for Pierce getting so many BS calls in the '08 playoffs.

and yes he's still smarting from getting owned by Gino :lol :toast

dbreiden83080
04-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Anythings's possibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

redzero
04-01-2010, 03:48 AM
Stop cursing all the time, KG. Shit!

ffadicted
04-01-2010, 07:51 AM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Xevious
04-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Just looked at this box score.

Durant 15 FT
The Celtics 17 FT

And the Celtics shot 60% from the field and still lost. I'd be frustrated too. But you know Garnett would be beating a hole in his chest if one of his teammates were getting to the line instead of Durant.

JamStone
04-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Awww poor puppy, sad puppy.

sefant77
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Too stupid and spoiled to realize that PP is on his team.

Chillen
04-01-2010, 08:45 AM
I think that is a sign of frustration at this point in the season, clearly he realizes this Celtics squad won't have an easy road to win an NBA title this year, if at all.

sribb43
04-01-2010, 09:11 AM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

silverblk mystix
04-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Can we really be honest here?...disregard your kg feelings and comment on whether his comments had any basis?

I have never been a kg fan---but I watched that game---and saw durant get the kobe /lebron/wade preferential treatment---and he is barely out of fucking puberty!

Not to hate on the player---but the superstar system really,really has fucked up the NBA game---I love the game of basketball----but this system of double-standards on foul calls between---alleged superstars and other players is really sickening IMHO...

and just think---the playoffs are around the corner---and the PROMOTION AND MARKETING of superstars and upcoming superstars---is gonna get really intense here---

and a lot of good teams are gonna get screwed...so are the true fans...

my 2 cents

comments?

ElNono
04-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Can we really be honest here?...disregard your kg feelings and comment on whether his comments had any basis?

I have never been a kg fan---but I watched that game---and saw durant get the kobe /lebron/wade preferential treatment---and he is barely out of fucking puberty!

Not to hate on the player---but the superstar system really,really has fucked up the NBA game---I love the game of basketball----but this system of double-standards on foul calls between---alleged superstars and other players is really sickening IMHO...

and just think---the playoffs are around the corner---and the PROMOTION AND MARKETING of superstars and upcoming superstars---is gonna get really intense here---

my 2 cents

comments?

You know what? Boston fouls a lot and they rarely get called for it. Even more so at home. How many more times we have to comment on Perkins' fat ass pushing around people with moving screens, or the Rondo 'steal' where he swipes at ball and hand?
One game doesn't go their way and they start crying like bitches.

And honestly, I think they're frustrated because it's starting to sink in that they're just not that good anymore. KG is a shadow of what he was 2 seasons ago, Allen is up and down, and their bench is pure garbage. I really think they're going to get their asses handed to them in the postseason.

JamStone
04-01-2010, 09:24 AM

my 2 cents

comments?

In the previous 10 NBA championships, the San Antonio Spurs won 3 of them and the Detroit Pistons won 1. Now Duncan is a superstar but he and the Spurs didn't generally get that preferential superstar treatment. Detroit certainly didn't in 2004. That means 4 out of 10 times, it didn't matter about superstar and promotion and marketing when a team was good enough to win despite playing teams and superstars with that superstar juice.

Sure there's superstar treatment. And yeah it can get bad sometimes, like the 2006 NBA Finals where it was just ridiculous. But teams can win despite not getting that type of favoritism. Teams just have to play their best basketball so they don't give the league and officials the chance to screw them over. Don't let it come down to the last possession. Don't let it come down to game 7. If you're the better team, play like it and win. Don't miss half your free throws. Don't turn it over 20 times. Don't shoot 50 three pointers. Then if you get screwed, you'll really have something legitimate to complain about as long as you did everything else you could that you should have won. Otherwise, realize that if you give them the opportunity to screw you over, you should blame yourself first.

Native American
04-01-2010, 09:40 AM
The wolfpack might be the most loyal family in the entire animal kingdom. They are extremely loyal, protective, and compassionate to one another. Even when a member of the pack is sick or injured, the rest of the pack will help to feed and protect him. They are especially protective of the pups and the alpha female. When the alpha female is in heat and menstruating, they will often hide her in a cave to keep her from predators that smell her scent. However, if it's a choice between the older alpha female and the pups, the pack will abandon the alpha female to save the pups every time despite the howling cries of the alpha female. So in other words, if KG can't start to control his bleeding vagina, the rest of the team for the good of the team will have to start leaving him hanging all by himself to be that old, wounded little bitch that he's become.

Can KG control his bleeding vagina? Anythingggg issss possssssibleeeeeee!!!!

tlongII
04-01-2010, 09:51 AM
In the previous 10 NBA championships, the San Antonio Spurs won 3 of them and the Detroit Pistons won 1. Now Duncan is a superstar but he and the Spurs didn't generally get that preferential superstar treatment. Detroit certainly didn't in 2004. That means 4 out of 10 times, it didn't matter about superstar and promotion and marketing when a team was good enough to win despite playing teams and superstars with that superstar juice.

Sure there's superstar treatment. And yeah it can get bad sometimes, like the 2006 NBA Finals where it was just ridiculous. But teams can win despite not getting that type of favoritism. Teams just have to play their best basketball so they don't give the league and officials the chance to screw them over. Don't let it come down to the last possession. Don't let it come down to game 7. If you're the better team, play like it and win. Don't miss half your free throws. Don't turn it over 20 times. Don't shoot 50 three pointers. Then if you get screwed, you'll really have something legitimate to complain about as long as you did everything else you could that you should have won. Otherwise, realize that if you give them the opportunity to screw you over, you should blame yourself first.

That's horseshit. To say it doesn't matter because you can overcome the situation by playing better is ridiculous. It should be an even playing field and clearly the NBA has determined that it's not. A foul should be a foul regardless of who it is. Superstar treatment is the most disturbing aspect of the NBA and it always has been.

JamStone
04-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I didn't mean to suggest it doesn't matter ever or at all. What I said is that 4 times in the previous 10 years it hasn't ultimately mattered as it pertains to winning championships. Sure it matters. I'm suggesting it's something that can be overcome if you really have the better team. Of course it should be an even playing field. But, sometimes shit doesn't work that way and you have find a way to beat the odds when they're against you. Life ain't fair. Basketball ain't fair. Superstar treatment won't be changing anytime soon. Sorry to break it to you.

tlongII
04-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I didn't mean to suggest it doesn't matter ever or at all. What I said is that 4 times in the previous 10 years it hasn't ultimately mattered as it pertains to winning championships. Sure it matters. I'm suggesting it's something that can be overcome if you really have the better team. Of course it should be an even playing field. But, sometimes shit doesn't work that way and you have find a way to beat the odds when they're against you. Life ain't fair. Basketball ain't fair. Superstar treatment won't be changing anytime soon. Sorry to break it to you.

It should change. The NBA would be better off if it does.

JamStone
04-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Say Brandon Roy started consistently getting that superstar treatment. If it helped your team win a championship, would you be as adamantly against it?

tlongII
04-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Say Brandon Roy started consistently getting that superstar treatment. If it helped your team win a championship, would you be as adamantly against it?

That's not going to happen as long as he stays in Portland.

Shank
04-01-2010, 10:16 AM
It was just payback for Durant having to defend through Boston's moving screens all game long.

JamStone
04-01-2010, 10:17 AM

You avoided answering the question.

Mel_13
04-01-2010, 10:18 AM

The numbers say Roy is already getting the superstar treatment.

tlongII
04-01-2010, 10:19 AM
You avoided answering the question.

The question is irrelevant.

JamStone
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
The question is irrelevant.

I could say the same thing about you saying the NBA should change superstar treatment because it isn't going to happen. So I guess your comment was irrelevant?

Play the jester if you want, tlongII. If it helped your team, you wouldn't give two shits that it happened. If your team won despite other teams getting superstar treatment, you'd care even less and gloat about it.

tlongII
04-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I could say the same thing about you saying the NBA should change superstar treatment because it isn't going to happen. So I guess your comment was irrelevant?

Play the jester if you want, tlongII. If it helped your team, you wouldn't give two shits that it happened. If your team won despite other teams getting superstar treatment, you'd care even less and gloat about it.

It would be excellent if your hypothesis was tested.

bostonguy
04-01-2010, 10:44 AM
:lmao KG

JoeTait75
04-01-2010, 10:56 AM
If it helped your team, you wouldn't give two shits that it happened. If your team won despite other teams getting superstar treatment, you'd care even less and gloat about it.

That goes for a lot of the people here who whine about superstars getting calls. Most, probably.

j.dizzle
04-01-2010, 11:26 AM
LOL KD is skinny as hell, anytime someone touches him it looks like a foul...KG & Sheed hooking up charity this year with the fines hahaa

IronMexican
04-01-2010, 11:31 AM
What a poosy.

IronMexican
04-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Waiting for mogro to chime in.

silverblk mystix
04-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I, for one, am astonished that most posters here---are actually rationalizing AND justifying---this horrible, horrible status quo---

my post was NOT meant to speak about YOUR team---or YOUR superstar---or your LACK of a superstar---

it was specifically aimed at the BULLSHIT double-standard system already in place---

it is an abomination----and something should be done about it---it completely ruins what ---began as a beautiful beautiful game---

and turned into a money making scam...

to say that ---if it was YOUR team getting the calls---or similar rationalizations---

is like an imprisoned person lobbying for better meals or better lighting ---

instead of---

breaking the fucking prison walls down and becoming free...

so I would hope to hear about ---the actual system in place---superstar double-standards----

does it piss anyone off at all?

Cry Havoc
04-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Boston: The 2nd to last team in the NBA that has reason to whine about unfairly officiated NBA games.

Jacob1983
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Winning a ring has turned KG into an asshole.

Xevious
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I, for one, am astonished that most posters here---are actually rationalizing AND justifying---this horrible, horrible status quo---

my post was NOT meant to speak about YOUR team---or YOUR superstar---or your LACK of a superstar---

it was specifically aimed at the BULLSHIT double-standard system already in place---

it is an abomination----and something should be done about it---it completely ruins what ---began as a beautiful beautiful game---

and turned into a money making scam...

to say that ---if it was YOUR team getting the calls---or similar rationalizations---

is like an imprisoned person lobbying for better meals or better lighting ---

instead of---

breaking the fucking prison walls down and becoming free...

so I would hope to hear about ---the actual system in place---superstar double-standards----

does it piss anyone off at all?
What's your solution? We saw how well the replacement refs went over.

djohn2oo8
04-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Douche being a douche, nothing to see here

BlackSwordsMan
04-01-2010, 04:19 PM
he dissed micheal and durant at the same time?

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
The Celtics actually don't get that many calls anymore IMO..they've gone from like top 3 to like the end of the top 10..it's similar to how the Spurs used to get reputation calls and now get shitted on by refs all the time..once a team starts declining, they no longer get calls in the NBA's superstar system(unless it's the Lakers for obvious reasons)..

Boston used to get a ton of calls, now they constantly get shafted by the refs in the games I've watched the last 2 or 3 months or so..

As for this game, did any of you guys actually watch it?..Durant got some disgusting calls, as did the rest of the Thunder, as usual..they're probably 3rd in the NBA in favorable calls behind the Cavs and Lakers IMO, and Durant gets more favorable calls than any player in the NBA, including Wade and Lebron..there was a sequence in clutch time where KG got an alley-oop and was clearly pushed in the back at the same time, no call..then Durant makes a move, Pierce CLEARLY strips him cleanly, a 100% ball, and they obviously called a foul against him because it was Durant..then Pierce drives and is clearly fouled, no call..

Durant is a really unlikable player IMO..not only for the help he receives, but also because the guy makes like 5+ million a year + endorsements, and he can't buy some fucking Proactiv..his acne is disgusting, especially in HD..

it's me
04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Manu gotto do something with that thing growing on front of his head and that thing not growing on the back of his head if we want to be marketing material then....

TheSullyMonster
04-01-2010, 07:01 PM
saw durant get the kobe /lebron/wade preferential treatment---and he is barely out of fucking puberty!
comments?

You don't think Kobe/LeBron/Wade didn't get treated similarly at that age?:lol

Who cares if he's barely out of puberty. Dude can flat out play.:bang

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 07:08 PM
You don't think Kobe/LeBron/Wade didn't get treated similarly at that age?:lol

Who cares if he's barely out of puberty. Dude can flat out play.:bang

He can play, and I hate KG, but I watched that game and over half those calls were indefensible bullshit.

TheSullyMonster
04-01-2010, 07:11 PM
He was an asshole prior to the ring.

Damnit, I'm forced to agree with the Laker troll.:(

But shit, he's completely right.:toast

picc84
04-01-2010, 07:44 PM
If KD was caucasian and 5 inches shorter it would have been ON. :ihit

And during the game, too. :toast

duncan228
04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Garnett fined $25K by league (http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5050457)

Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett was fined $25,000 by the NBA for publicly criticizing game officials and for using inappropriate language during a postgame interview.

The announcement was Friday by Stu Jackson, the league's executive vice president for basketball operations.

Garnett was fined for comments he made following the Celtics' 109-104 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday.

Thunder forward Kevin Durant made all 15 of his free throws against Boston, prompting Garnett to say, "I thought we were playing Michael [expletive] Jordan the way he was getting the whistle. Durant damn near shot more free throws than our whole team."

Boston went 13 for 17 from the line.

BRHornet45
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
sons big deal the NBA is rigged. I have been saying it all along. KG is just mad that for once he wasn't awarded the most free points in a game from the league. star players numbers are ridiculously inflated due to free throws. eliminate all free throws from the game.

jag
04-02-2010, 02:15 PM
sons big deal the NBA is rigged.

:violin

BRHornet45
04-02-2010, 02:23 PM
:violin

son there is absolutely never a legit reason for ONE player to receive 15 free throws. yet star players have 10-20 free throw games on a weekly basis. that fact alone should tell you something is wrong. once a player receives more than 5 or 6 free throws in a game, then you really have to start questioning the calls.

oh crap
04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Durant is a really unlikable player IMO..not only for the help he receives, but also because the guy makes like 5+ million a year + endorsements, and he can't buy some fucking Proactiv..his acne is disgusting, especially in HD..

:lmao:lmao

are you fucking kidding me? unlikeable because he has some facial acne? the kid is the anti-lebron. he's humble, goes out and plays hard and just wins. a straight up winner and still only getting better. what about him specifically is "unlikeable"? what a fucking douchebag. you only wish you could get KD in a spurs jersey.

TIMMYD!
04-02-2010, 03:10 PM
:lmao:lmao

are you fucking kidding me? unlikeable because he has some facial acne? the kid is the anti-lebron. he's humble, goes out and plays hard and just wins. a straight up winner and still only getting better. what about him specifically is "unlikeable"? what a fucking douchebag. you only wish you could get KD in a spurs jersey.

I have to agree with you, Durant is very likeable, he's not a douche,yet, and goes out there to win every night. He has that Tim Duncan attitude.

nkdlunch
04-02-2010, 03:28 PM
HarlemHeat is a class A dumbass

mogrovejo
04-02-2010, 03:39 PM
NBA Player X: Refs play favorites http://a.espncdn.com/i/in.gif (http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=player_x&id=5046968)

I was asked the other day what I think of the referees this season. My answer: I hate the referees.

I was only kidding, kind of.

Lately, the refs have treated me and my teammates OK, but there was a point earlier this season when they were acting like they were bigger than the game. Joey Crawford, especially. That guy. You can't even ask him a question; he won't even look at you. Did you see what happened a few years ago when he challenged Tim Duncan, of all people, to a fight during a game? Ridiculous. The guy is a hothead, and players around the league know that whenever he refs a game there is gonna be some drama. More foul calls, more technicals, more delays. If you're watching a game and see Joey Crawford as one of the refs, expect controversy. It's a shame but it's true.

I always say that you can tell the difference between a young ref and a veteran guy. Generally speaking, players like young refs better because they don't tend to favor coaches or individual players, they just call the game as they see it. The problem is they are constantly being overruled by older refs. They'll make the right call and then an older ref will come running in and say, "Are you sure that's the right call?" Then the young guy will be like, "Well, what did you see?" They don't want to show the older guy up so they defer to him, and he's most likely biased. That's right, you'd think that the veteran referees would be more mature and balanced about their calls, but really they just carry more baggage onto the court.

Of course, the refs, young and old, are always getting worked over during the game by players and coaches. We played Charlotte earlier this season and Larry Brown completely controlled the whistle. The same thing happens with Gregg Popovich, Phil Jackson and George Karl -- they're considered the greatest coaches in the league so it's easy for them to get the refs to do their bidding. I guess it's no surprise that refs favor winners. Let's say you're a great team and you're on a fast break and someone fouls you. A ref won't call it right away, he'll let you dunk, then call the foul so you get the three-point play. But if you're on a bad team they'll call a ticky-tack foul right away. No dunk for you.

Me, I always try to chat up the younger refs during the game. I'm a pretty calm guy, so I usually start with "Excuse me, sir. Can you explain to me what just happened?" Then I'll ask him to check the call at halftime because I think he missed it. My favorite response -- and this is what they usually say -- is, "That wasn't my call. Ask him." I get that a lot. Maybe I'm not one of the refs' favorites like some guys in the league. For instance, Kevin Durant has impressed me with his ability to get a whistle at such a young age. He had 15 free throws the other night! LeBron always gets calls, obviously. Kobe gets fewer than you'd think because he travels all the time. But the guy who gets the most calls by far is Dwyane Wade, even though he carries the ball a lot and is always falling down. The refs like his personality, I guess. He never met a ref he didn't like.

Chris Paul gets away with the most talking. There have been times when I've seen him curse a ref out like, "What the... are you looking at you ... ?! Learn how to call a ..... game!!" The ref will be like, "My bad, I'll get you next time." What?!! If that had been me I'd have been T'd up and thrown out. You can't curse at a ref without getting a technical or at least a stern warning. Unless you're Chris Paul, who can say whatever he wants.

JamStone
04-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I kinda agree though. It's hard to masturbate to NBA players when you see their acne in HD.

cobbler
04-02-2010, 04:12 PM

I think you are overrating here. :toast

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2010, 04:54 PM
oN5iRdDPXZs

Absolutely disgusting..

The main reason Durant is unlikable is because of the extreme officiating he receives in his favor, so that's my main reason for the dislike..I think it's a very valid reason..

I'm sorry it annoys me that a guy making 5 mil a year + endorsements and has acne like that..Proactiv is like 60$..Durant has no love/consideration for the viewers..

Xylus
04-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Absolutely disgusting..

The main reason Durant is unlikable is because of the extreme officiating he receives in his favor, but making 5 mil a year + endorsements and having acne like that is definitely a character flaw IMO..Proactiv is like 60$..Durant has no love for the viewers..

I had bad acne as a teenager and Proactiv did very little. Even took a pretty strong medication called Accutane when I was 17 and it only worked moderately. Heredity can be difficult to overcome when you're young.

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2010, 05:03 PM

Please, do you want me to bring up your ridiculous posts on the Spurs forum?..it would probably take pages to paste them all..I can start with your Bogans threads..

cobbler
04-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I had bad acne as a teenager and Proactiv did very little. Even took a pretty strong medication called Accutane when I was 17 and it only worked moderately. Heredity can be difficult to overcome when you're young.

I had a couple of friends who went through the whole thing as a teen. No ointments or cremes helped them. Numerous doctor and dermatologist appointments only mitagated the problem slightly. Their children are now going through the same thing. Harlem knows not what he speaks of and for someone who is so critical of others moral standards he is very hypocritical to pass judgement on someone for a medical condition. Figures.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Well, this NBA player has bad acne but he's a giant douche bag to begin with:

http://mattlarsen.com/images/c_boozer.jpg

Ghazi
04-02-2010, 06:51 PM
That acne is very annoying to look at.

cobbler
04-02-2010, 06:52 PM
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/bosh.jpg

http://www.clearadultskin.com/Page.asp?PageID=1110&SiteNodeID=181&BL_ExpandID=

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-02-2010, 06:53 PM
http://www.clearadultskin.com/Page.asp?PageID=1110&SiteNodeID=181&BL_ExpandID=

I didn't know avatar creatures could get acne.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-02-2010, 06:56 PM
KD looks like he should just get a lighter and needle then do work, the white tops make his acne look worse than it is, pop those things away and it's hardly noticeable.

redzero
04-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Chris Paul gets away with the most talking. There have been times when I've seen him curse a ref out like, "What the... are you looking at you ... ?! Learn how to call a ..... game!!" The ref will be like, "My bad, I'll get you next time." What?!! If that had been me I'd have been T'd up and thrown out. You can't curse at a ref without getting a technical or at least a stern warning. Unless you're Chris Paul, who can say whatever he wants.

You tell 'em, Chris!

The Franchise
04-02-2010, 09:21 PM
There won't be any complaints tonight from the fag with all bullshit calls going their way.

EmptyMan
04-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Pierce "I just don't see how one player can get so many foul calls. How is that even possible?"

KG "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Obstructed_View
04-02-2010, 11:03 PM
KG owes his one ring to the refs refusing to call the Celtics for 25 bulldozer screens every game.

nkdlunch
04-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Please, do you want me to bring up your ridiculous posts on the Spurs forum?..it would probably take pages to paste them all..I can start with your Bogans threads..

go right ahead. At least I don't dislike a player cause "he got acne" :downspin:

u got issues