PDA

View Full Version : when was the last time...

leo_d
04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
...the Spurs had five players who can put 15 pts. a night?

In the playoffs the team will have five options that can create their own shot.

Duncan
Ginobili
Parker
Hill
Jefferson

RJ is not what was expected, but his act is comming together and i think the other team can`t afford to put their worst defender on him.

Drachen
04-01-2010, 09:30 AM
I understand what you are getting at, but I do have to say that RJ cannot create his own shot. This is why he does so much better with Manu on the floor, because Manu can create his own shot, and shots for others. I don't mean to say that to beat up on RJ, he is playing great lately. Its just the truth. That is why he did so well with Kidd.

TJastal
04-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I understand what you are getting at, but I do have to say that RJ cannot create his own shot. This is why he does so much better with Manu on the floor, because Manu can create his own shot, and shots for others. I don't mean to say that to beat up on RJ, he is playing great lately. Its just the truth. That is why he did so well with Kidd.

Well dadgummit, he'll just need to "learn" how to do it then! In three weeks. Approximately.

:lol

Muser
04-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Jefferson can't create his own shot.

ace3g
04-01-2010, 11:08 AM
if Dice can ever get his mid range J to go, he can also easily score 15 a game.

There have been like 20+ games where he could of have 10-15 pts but instead ended up with only like 4-5 because he shot wasn't falling; and he wouldn't get much playing time in the 4th.

Really didn't think it would be Dice that would take the longest to adjust

TJastal
04-01-2010, 11:36 AM
if Dice can ever get his mid range J to go, he can also easily score 15 a game.

There have been like 20+ games where he could of have 10-15 pts but instead ended up with only like 4-5 because he shot wasn't falling; and he wouldn't get much playing time in the 4th.

Really didn't think it would be Dice that would take the longest to adjust

Dice plays like 5 minutes and Pop sits him down in favor of Bonner. That is just about the time he is loosening up. I'm not sure why Pop does this. And he seems to always miss a few j's early in the game and then start making them in the 2nd half. He should be closing games out IMO because that is when he's most dangerous.

Yet here we have Bonner with his horrid sidearm shotput form putting up brick after brick in pressure filled games, yet he gets the respect and trust of Popped to play crunch time minutes.

Go figure.

AFBlue
04-01-2010, 12:31 PM
This is why many projected the Spurs to be the second best team in the West and a legit challenger to the Lakers prior to the season...On-court Spurs are finally starting to live up to On-paper Spurs.

If Tony comes back strong, I see no reason why the pre-season predictions can't come to fruition.

TD 21
04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Dice plays like 5 minutes and Pop sits him down in favor of Bonner. That is just about the time he is loosening up. I'm not sure why Pop does this. And he seems to always miss a few j's early in the game and then start making them in the 2nd half. He should be closing games out IMO because that is when he's most dangerous.

Yet here we have Bonner with his horrid sidearm shotput form putting up brick after brick in pressure filled games, yet he gets the respect and trust of Popped to play crunch time minutes.

Go figure.

He usually plays the first 7 minutes of each half then sits. Why? Because he's old, he's a big and he had knee problems years ago, so Pop is overly cautious with him. If he had been playing better, he'd have played more down the stretch though. The reality is, he's shooting terribly, he's a slow footed defender, his rebounding is inconsistent and his hands make Mohammed's hands look like Duncan. But it's mainly his shooting.

Already, Pop was hesitant with finishing games with a PF who's range only goes to 18-20 feet (as opposed to Bonner, who's range goes to 23-25 feet), so McDyess at least had to make for this with being head and shoulders better defensively than Bonner; he hasn't been. Due to this, Bonner is often finishing games, which doesn't bode well for the post season. Of course, it's predicated on the match-up, but if the Spurs are finishing games with Bonner, that's not a good sign. McDyess needs to play better or this team, already suspect on the front line, isn't going very far.