PDA

View Full Version : Cruelest April Fool's Joke

IronMaxipad
04-01-2010, 02:54 PM
In-N-Out Coming to NYC

http://gothamist.com/upload/2010/04/040110inout2.jpg
In-N-Out "workers" outside a "forthcoming" location at Broadway and 22nd Street.

Some sick bastard is toying with the bellies of burger lovers in Manhattan this morning by putting up signs at various shuttered storefronts announcing that beloved In-N-Out Burger will be opening soon. Rumors that In-N-Out was making a move on Shake Shack's turf (http://gothamist.com/2009/12/16/shake_shack_to_open_more_locations.php) have been circulating for years (http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2007/07/innout-coming-to-nyc.html), sparked more by desperation than any substantive news. And now a merciless prankster has exploited New Yorkers' perpetually frustrated lust for the In-N-Out by putting up signs like this in Union Square, where the Virgin Megastore used to be (http://gothamist.com/2009/06/15/virgin_megastore_1.php). The location is almost certainly way too big for an In-N-Out, so there's no fooling us there. But what about at 22nd Street and Broadway? A tipster tells Eater (http://ny.eater.com/archives/2010/04/this_is_either_the_best_or_the_worst_day_for_innou t_lovers.php#more) that 'workers'—wearing In-N-Out caps and aprons—were outside 933 Broadway this morning, handing out fliers announcing that the stores will open on July 4th, 2010. (Burger Conquest has photos (http://burgerconquest.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-n-out-nyc-bad-timing-or-bad-joke.html) of the jokers.) Multiple conspirators? Convincing costumes? Fliers?! Who has the time for all this? Malicious, gold bricking blackguards, that's who. Unless... UNLESS it's true? Dare we dream? Those are good burgers, Walter.
UPDATE: Phyllis Cudworth, a kindly spokeswoman for In-N-Out, confirms that "someone is playing a fool's joke on us." Cudworth says In-N-Out doesn't have any plans to open locations in NYC. When asked why the hell not, she explained, "We're a small, family-owned business out here on the West Coast. We grind all our own all beef patties and deliver them to our locations every day, so because of the logistics it's just not something we're considering." Big exhale, Shake Shack.

http://gothamist.com/2010/04/01/cruelest_april_fools_joke_so_far_in.php

RedsLakers24
04-01-2010, 03:23 PM
IN-N-OUT is overrated anyways, its good and cheap but not as good as people say it is

Dinamita
04-01-2010, 03:26 PM
IN-N-OUT is overrated anyways, its good and cheap but not as good as people say it is
Blasphemy

bus driver
04-01-2010, 03:26 PM

is it better than whataburger? (if you ever had it)

well i guess there is one in arizona

RedsLakers24
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM

I Never had whatabuger so i dont know

baseline bum
04-01-2010, 03:54 PM

In N Out shakes are thick and made with ice cream and milk, unlike that syrup mix shit you get at Whataburger. Their burgers have better quality meat and taste way better too. Whataburger has a much bigger menu, considering In N Out's menu is only burgers, fries, shakes, and sodas.

CuckingFunt
04-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I would kill people if they toyed with my emotions like that.

The fact that I'll be a couple thousand miles away from In-N-Out is, no joke, one of the hardest things to face with my upcoming move.

MiamiHeat
04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
ok guys

what the fuck is In N Out and Whataburger?

don't you guys have Mcdonalds and burger kings??

CuckingFunt
04-01-2010, 05:30 PM
don't you guys have Mcdonalds and burger kings??

Yes. Of course.

But In-N-Out serves actual food, rather than a collection of carefully balanced chemicals meant to resemble food.

tsb2000
04-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Arizona has In-and-Out as well as a few new Five Guys locations, and Fatburger (also pretty tasty, IMO). If we had a White Castle here, this place would be burger heaven. :)

Sisk
04-01-2010, 06:53 PM
In N Out shakes are thick and made with ice cream and milk, unlike that syrup mix shit you get at Whataburger. Their burgers have better quality meat and taste way better too. Whataburger has a much bigger menu, considering In N Out's menu is only burgers, fries, shakes, and sodas.

false, they have a bigger menu you just have to ask for it

and i believe whataburger > in n out.. i agree it's overrated

baseline bum
04-01-2010, 06:54 PM
false, they have a bigger menu you just have to ask for it

and i believe whataburger > in n out.. i agree it's overrated

Their bigger menu is just getting things animal style, which means drenching your food in some nasty-ass sauce. It's still only burgers, fries, shakes, and sodas.

Sisk
04-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Their bigger menu is just getting things animal style, which means drenching your food in some nasty-ass sauce. It's still only burgers, fries, shakes, and sodas.

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

VEGGIE BURGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-01-2010, 07:30 PM

Whataburger isn't even in the same group is In-n-Out.

exstatic
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
:vomit:
Jesus Christ. If you follow that secret menu link, there's a link on that page to 8 people that ordered a 100X100 burger, and ate it in less than 2 hours. Totally put them off In-n-Out. Surprisingly, only one person puked, and it wasn't either of the guys that ate 20+ patties. When they got to the end, a couple of the patties were almost RAW, and they ate THEM, too.

baseline bum
04-01-2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

VEGGIE BURGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LOL. I remember seeing some dumbass order a veggie burger one time, and then get mad as hell to find out it was just a bun, lettuce, tomato, onions, and maybe cheese.

Stringer_Bell
04-02-2010, 08:28 AM
I can easily see how this "prank"...more like "emotional terrorism"...could get these jerks thrown in jail. However, the New York area is served by what I believe to be a better burger joint, although it's not a chain. White Manna in Jersey...best burgers in the fuckin universe.

BRHornet45
04-02-2010, 09:14 AM
son In-N-Out is a nice little hamburger chain, but nothing special whatsoever. over the last couple of years it has became hip and trendy to obsess over it. people think its cool to say you love In-N-Out.

BRHornet45
04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
whataburger actually sucks in other states

it gets shittier the farther you get from corporate in corpus (well, now sa i guess)

son that is just like Raising Canes as well. in Louisiana (and probably Texas and Miss) their chicken is off the hook. However I had it in Vegas once and although it was still pretty good, you could tell the difference.

baseline bum
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
There could be some truth to this. I've only tried it once, and don't plan on trying it again. The entire crew was Special ED kids, and the shit was just sloppy. I didn't even eat half of the food. In-N-Out is like the upper class version of fast food joints. Everyone is clean cut, courteous, and polite. They always get your order right, and the food is about as home cooked as can get. Always hot, fresh, and taste the same at every branch. They have a good system. I've had better burgers, but I'd rate them at the top of all fast food joints.

That's because In N Out pays something like $3 an hour more than other fast food places. Then again, I'm sure you have to work a lot harder there too, since every In N Out I have ever been to is busy as hell.

tsb2000
04-02-2010, 02:48 PM
whataburger actually sucks in other states

it gets shittier the farther you get from corporate in corpus (well, now sa i guess)

This is 100% true. Whataburger blows chunks here in AZ. I had always remembered it being pretty good in SA as a kid.

nkdlunch
04-02-2010, 02:53 PM
InnOut is overrated is right.

No way they come to the East coast as they cannot compete with the superior 5 Guys

East coast bitches!

IronMaxipad
04-02-2010, 02:55 PM
InnOut is overrated is right.

No way they come to the East coast as they cannot compete with the superior 5 Guys

East coast bitches!
We have 5 guys here in socal. that shit cant hold a candle to in-n-out

nkdlunch
04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
We have 5 guys here in socal. that shit cant hold a candle to in-n-out

in n out used to be the shit. last couple of times I went to West coast it really dissapointed.

All my friends from West coast prefer 5 guys now. :nope

IronMaxipad
04-02-2010, 05:35 PM
in n out used to be the shit. last couple of times I went to West coast it really dissapointed.

All my friends from West coast prefer 5 guys now. :nope
QsogswrH6ck

Ditty
04-03-2010, 01:25 AM
i went to in-n-out burger in phoenix for the first time last week and the burgers were amazing out of the 4 days we stayed there we ate there 3 times...its cheap but the double double is pretty small... i wish they could build one here in san antonio like they built a few carl jrs but my friends dad tried opening up a in-n-out here in san antonio a few year back, but the owner for some reason doesnt want in-n-out going anywhere in texas he believes he makes enough money where they have them already...whataburger is good but eat there at least once a week if i lived somewhere else in the U.S. and tried whataburger for the first time maybe they would fall in love with it like how some people fall in love with in-n-out

it would be amazing to get a white castle burger here in san antonio i always thought krystal burger was pretty much the same thing