PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Might Return Before the Playoffs

duncan228
04-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Shaq Might Return Before the Playoffs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-shaqmightreturnbefor&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

It turns out the Cavaliers have been just fine since Shaquille O’Neal went down in late February with a ligament tear in his right thumb. They’re 14-2 without him, in no danger of giving up the top seed in the East, and generally looking like the most playoff-ready team in the whole NBA.

But Dwight Howard still looms in the playoffs, and Diesel is the only player on the Cavs with the bulk to deal with him in the paint. So it’s good news for Clevelanders that Shaq might be back before the end of the regular season (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jdIT33cEc5AMjBK6F2cDbEhMmeLQD9EPUKE00), as reported by the Associated Press:

Looking remarkably fit, O’Neal, who has been out since tearing a ligament in his thumb on Feb. 25 and having surgery, said he plans to resume basketball activities soon. He said his thumb is "good" and that he’s looking forward to getting back on the court.

The Cavs had expected O’Neal to miss the remainder of the regular season, but the iconic superstar sounded as if he might be back before the April 14 finale at Atlanta.

"I will be ready," said O’Neal, who has kept a low profile since getting hurt.

There are a few important things to note here. One is that, as I noted at the time of the injury (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/57702/cavs_still_in_good_shape_after_shaq_injury), a thumb wouldn’t keep Shaq from working out and keeping off excess weight, and this report on his fitness seems to affirm that.

It’s also noteworthy that, even if Shaq can’t come back before the playoffs, the first round will likely serve as an extended tune-up for the Cavs anyway, as neither Toronto nor Chicago poses much of an upset threat. He can take that time to get himself used to games again without worrying too much about its effect on the final score.

Again, all Shaq really needs to do is make sure he’s prepared for a potential Finals matchup with Howard. That’s what they brought him to Cleveland to do, and every decision he makes from here on out should be focused on that goal.

TheMACHINE
04-01-2010, 05:52 PM
April Fools!

We know Shaq is lazy and gonna wait till playoffs start.

JoeTait75
04-01-2010, 06:02 PM
April Fools!

Word is Shaq is 10-15 pounds lighter than before he got hurt.

And why do you Lake Show fans hate on the Diesel? Did he not bring you three championships?

TheMACHINE
04-01-2010, 06:30 PM

And why do you Lake Show fans hate on the Diesel? Did he not bring you three championships?

yah then he asked to be traded...so fuck him

baseline bum
04-01-2010, 07:02 PM
April Fools!

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-01-2010, 07:07 PM

He should be. I still don't understand how he could throw away the kind of shape he was in at the end of last season.

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2010, 07:13 PM
To be fair, it's probably tough maintaining proper shape when you weigh like 350 pounds..although it should be easier since he has personal chefs and trainers and whatever, but I'm just saying..

Shaq will probably have a serious weight problem a few years after he retires..

LOL @ Laker fans still hating him..it's not surprising though..I don't know how you can blame a guy for not wanting to play with somebody that snitched on him..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-01-2010, 07:23 PM
No matter how big he is there's no reason to go on a KFC diet every off season and not do anything to be somewhat ready for training camp and the start of the season.

Jeremy
04-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Again, all Shaq really needs to do is make sure he’s prepared for a potential Finals matchup with Howard.

I doubt that will happen, seeing as how they are both in the Eastern Conference. :rolleyes