PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol: "I think I'm very, very tough"

djohn2oo8
04-01-2010, 05:51 PM
"I think I'm very very tough," Gasol says, and later when Phil Jackson is told that Gasol considers himself very very tough, he says with a grin, "I think two verys is too many."

Gasol disagrees, apparently mistaking Jackson for a referee, and saying, "I would never have been as successful as I am if I wasn't tough."

Jackson calls it "grit," and says Gasol is lacking it. Others simply say he's too soft. Jackson says most teams come out with the intention of beating him up, "and he is who he is and we can't change that."

When it does appear as if Gasol is playing with more verve, as it did the other night, Jackson isn't buying it, calling Gasol, "nifty."

"Is that what he said?" Gasol says. "That's interesting how he plays with words. But that's Phil. I understand where he comes from. Yeah, he tries to motivate me by giving out those comments, but sometimes I don't really listen."

Or so he says, Jackson knowing differently, telling Gasol the other night Gasol has difficulty posting up New Orleans center Emeka Okafor, and "so Pau scores the first 14 points in the game," Jackson says.

"And five of the seven times he scores, he looks over to the bench. I told him later he doesn't have to look, ‘you know how to motivate yourself.' "

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers-20100401,0,2107262.column

Muser
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
lol pussy

TheMACHINE
04-01-2010, 05:54 PM
lol gasol...theres a reason why you sucked b4 you got to the Lakers.

ChrisRichards
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Funny how Phil never even, not once took a jab on Kobe.

sefant77
04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
If you are tought u dont have to say it.

TheMACHINE
04-01-2010, 06:07 PM

yah, instead he writes a fucking book about him. gtfo.

monosylab1k
04-01-2010, 06:09 PM

You don't take a piss on your gravy train. Well, you do after you think he backstabbed the previous gravy train and ruined a shot at furthering your fraudulent career, but then when you realize how good he is you go back to kissing his ass every chance you get.

MmP
04-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I respected Gasol, but with these comments I've read Im really starting to hate him.

JamStone
04-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I think it's very, very tough to believe him.

TheMACHINE
04-01-2010, 06:30 PM
damn..the OP's sig is AWESOME!

21_Blessings
04-01-2010, 06:41 PM
This is almost as bad as Fisher claiming that he hasn't slowed down.

TheSullyMonster
04-01-2010, 06:42 PM
lol gasol...theres a reason why you sucked b4 you got to the Lakers.

Right, Gasol sucked. That's why everybody was amazed and cried 'collusion' with the trade.:lol

BlackSwordsMan
04-01-2010, 07:08 PM
aprils fools!

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2010, 07:09 PM
-Phil has implied that Kobe is a rapist, I'd say that's a pretty hard jab..he also heavily criticized him in his book..they're cool now for obvious reasons..if the Lakers don't win and PJ leaves, you'll probably hear more talk from him..

-Gasol seems like he isn't having too much fun this season..he's probably exhausted from playing so much over last year, the Summer and this season, and he seems frustrated with his struggles and the style of play of the Lakers(not getting the ball inside enough)..

-Gasol is annoying and a racist..

Sigz
04-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Gasol is weak. Becky Hammon could probably pull a Blair-Thabeet throw down on his lanky ass.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-01-2010, 07:16 PM
You ain't tough when you're a nigga KG has bullied.

cobbler
04-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Right, Gasol sucked. That's why everybody was amazed and cried 'collusion' with the trade.:lol

No, they cried collusion because he was enough to take the Lakers over the top and many who had no vision or couldn't evaluate talent thought the Lakers gave nothing up for him. Now that all is said and done, the Griz made a great trade. Facts are that Pau never got a post season victory until he joined the Lakers. Not a single one. He may not have sucked... but he's certainly no Laker MVP that a lot of the haters will spew.

cobbler
04-01-2010, 07:21 PM
-Phil has implied that Kobe is a rapist, I'd say that's a pretty hard jab..he also heavily criticized him in his book..they're cool now for obvious reasons..if the Lakers don't win and PJ leaves, you'll probably hear more talk from him..

Link?

cobbler
04-01-2010, 07:22 PM
funny how phil never even, not once took a jab on kobe.

obsession

TheMACHINE
04-01-2010, 07:52 PM

really?...did you argue to your friends that Gasol should have been an all star more then once during his stay in Memphis?

Also they cried collusion cuz it was for Kwame Brown. People would have cried "colusion" if Lakers got fucking Roger Mason for Kwame Brown.

j.dizzle
04-01-2010, 08:19 PM
LOL Gasol sure talks a good game but only backs it up once in a while..Hopefully the sissy in him sheds its skin before the playoffs start haha

ChrisRichards
04-01-2010, 09:07 PM
yah, instead he writes a fucking book about him. gtfo.
Im talking about his second stint with the Lakers. :wakeup

You don't take a piss on your gravy train. Well, you do after you think he backstabbed the previous gravy train and ruined a shot at furthering your fraudulent career, but then when you realize how good he is you go back to kissing his ass every chance you get.
Its all about the money for Phil. At 10 Million a season, I can see why Phil would swallow his ego.

mavs>spurs2
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
LOL pau gasol thinking he's tough

ChrisRichards
04-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Seriously, Kobe would shoot 5-27 and the Lakers would lose and Phil would point his finger on anyone but Kobe. I understand his method, but I could also see why the rest of the team are not listening to Phil Jackson anymore.

cobbler
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
seriously, kobe would shoot 5-27 and the lakers would lose and phil would point his finger on anyone but kobe. I understand his method, but i could also see why the rest of the team are not listening to phil jackson anymore.

obsession!

KidCongo
04-01-2010, 10:18 PM
What's up with all these things Gasol says. Does he request to be interviewed every day?

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Link?

He wrote in his book that he wasn't surprised when he heard Kobe was accused of rape..LOL..what does that mean?..you're going to twist it, but it really can't mean anything else..before you say he could have meant that he wasn't surprised because of what some women will do for fame/money, he then went on to explain how Kobe has some aggressiveness issues..pretty clear what he meant..

Also, while this isn't proof or anything, he gave Kobe a book about a rapist earlier this season..it's pretty clear what Phil Jackson thinks of Kobe..

cobbler
04-01-2010, 10:56 PM
He wrote in his book that he wasn't surprised when he heard Kobe was accused of rape..LOL..what does that mean?..you're going to twist it, but it really can't mean anything else..before you say he could have meant that he wasn't surprised because of what some women will do for fame/money, he then went on to explain how Kobe has some aggressiveness issues..pretty clear what he meant..

Also, while this isn't proof or anything, he gave Kobe a book about a rapist earlier this season..it's pretty clear what Phil Jackson thinks of Kobe..

Why would he be surprised? He knows full well what goes on with players and the groupies etc. He knows full well the limelight these players are in. I don't have to speculate on what I thought he meant or not. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of any player accused of anything. You can read what you want into his comments. I'm sure your Kobe hatred doesn't cloud your objectivity at all. I'm sure PJ getting fired just prior to the book being published didn't distort his either.

cobbler
04-01-2010, 10:56 PM
I dislike Kobe as much as the next person. But it was proven that Kobe didn't rape that hoe. That Hoe, eneded up having sex with 2 other guys, like the next day or so.

Name anyone that gets raped and goes out partying afterwards and gets laid again?

And brags about it.

picc84
04-01-2010, 11:06 PM
That bitch was wearing panties with more nuts than Planters.

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2010, 11:13 PM
None of those things have been proven at all..they're all impossible to prove..

Anyways, I don't know whether Kobe did it, the only 2 people that know are them..the rest of us have to go by opinion, and I believe he did it..I'm not here to argue about it though, I only brought it up because ChrisRichards said Phil never takes shots at Kobe..I don't want to argue about it, it's sad to talk about, poor girl..anyways..

You guys aren't arguing with me in this thread, you're arguing with Phil Jackson..he seems to believe Kobe is a rapist..take it up with him..send him fan mail, or maybe he has twitter or something..get at him..

ChrisRichards
04-01-2010, 11:18 PM
I said Phil never took a shot at Kobe during his second stint with the Lakers which is true.

cobbler
04-01-2010, 11:20 PM
I said Phil never took a shot at Kobe during his second stint with the Lakers which is true.

He takes shots at Kobe all the time. Wrong again...

ChrisRichards
04-01-2010, 11:23 PM
He takes shots at Kobe all the time. Wrong again...
Example pls. Thanks.

cobbler
04-01-2010, 11:25 PM
None of those things have been proven at all..they're all impossible to prove..

Anyways, I don't know whether Kobe did it, the only 2 people that know are them..the rest of us have to go by opinion, and I believe he did it..I'm not here to argue about it though, I only brought it up because ChrisRichards said Phil never takes shots at Kobe..I don't want to argue about it, it's sad to talk about, poor girl..anyways..

You guys aren't arguing with me in this thread, you're arguing with Phil Jackson..he seems to believe Kobe is a rapist..take it up with him..send him fan mail, or maybe he has twitter or something..get at him..

You dont know that he did it or not yet you have no problem calling him a rapist ad nasuem throughout this board. Saying it's my opinion Kobe is a rapist and Kobe is a rapist are apples and oranges. So PJ saying he wasn't surprised to hear Kobe was accused is PJ saying he believes Kobe is a rapist? Nice stretch!

ChrisRichards
04-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Phil on Kobe accusation of sexual assault : "Not surprised"

Phils choice of book for Kobe this Season: "Montana 1948".

Plot

When David's family's Native American (http://spurstalk.com/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States) housekeeper Marie falls ill, Frank Hayden, the local doctor and David's uncle, is called. When Marie refuses medical treatment, David's parents, Wes, the local sheriff, and Gail discover that Frank has been preying on the local native American women, raping (http://spurstalk.com/wiki/Raping) and molesting (http://spurstalk.com/wiki/Molest) them. Wes confronts Frank at a dinner at their father's house. Wes and Gail reach a compromise. When Marie is found dead, Frank convinces the family it is pneumonia (http://spurstalk.com/wiki/Pneumonia) which has killed her. Not until later that day does David admit to his parents that he saw his uncle exit their house at approximately the time of Marie's death. Wes goes to work investigating this and eventually arrests his own brother and holds him captive in the Haydens' basement to avoid the embarrassment Frank would experience by going to the local jail. Eventually this all gets too much for Gail and she wishes for Frank to be released out of her home. When Wes talks to his brother, Frank doesn't deny killing Marie and molesting numerous other Indian women. Wes' moral values override his family loyalty and he is obliged to take his brother to be locked up in the local jail the next day. Later that night the family wake to the sound of jars smashing in the basement. In the morning Wes finds that Frank has committed suicide by slitting his wrists with the glass.

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Phil on Kobe accusation of sexual assault : "Not surprised"

Phils choice of book for Kobe this Season: "Montana 1948".

Plot

When David's family's Native American (http://spurstalk.com/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States) housekeeper Marie falls ill, Frank Hayden, the local doctor and David's uncle, is called. When Marie refuses medical treatment, David's parents, Wes, the local sheriff, and Gail discover that Frank has been preying on the local native American women, raping (http://spurstalk.com/wiki/Raping) and molesting (http://spurstalk.com/wiki/Molest) them. Wes confronts Frank at a dinner at their father's house. Wes and Gail reach a compromise. When Marie is found dead, Frank convinces the family it is pneumonia (http://spurstalk.com/wiki/Pneumonia) which has killed her. Not until later that day does David admit to his parents that he saw his uncle exit their house at approximately the time of Marie's death. Wes goes to work investigating this and eventually arrests his own brother and holds him captive in the Haydens' basement to avoid the embarrassment Frank would experience by going to the local jail. Eventually this all gets too much for Gail and she wishes for Frank to be released out of her home. When Wes talks to his brother, Frank doesn't deny killing Marie and molesting numerous other Indian women. Wes' moral values override his family loyalty and he is obliged to take his brother to be locked up in the local jail the next day. Later that night the family wake to the sound of jars smashing in the basement. In the morning Wes finds that Frank has committed suicide by slitting his wrists with the glass.

:rollin

Seriously though..the quote should be enough, since it's a pretty ridiculous thing for PJ to say, very telling..

Then out of the millions of possible books, Phil Jackson picks this one for Kobe? LOL..come on..

cobbler
04-01-2010, 11:38 PM

Seriously though..the quote should be enough, since it's a pretty ridiculous thing for PJ to say, very telling..

Then out of the millions of possible books, Phil Jackson picks this one for Kobe? LOL..come on..

Seriously? Seems more like a jab between friends to me. Like, i'll toss him this book to get a reaction and well laugh about it. You seriously think he was trying to send some veiled message? Come on. You guys read way too much into everything. Your Kobe obsessions are legendary! And amusing...

cobbler
04-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Phil took a shot at Kobe a couple of months ago against Memphis. That was the game when Kobe took like 30 plus shots to score 40 points to go ahead of Jerry West on the Lakers scoring list. The Lakers ended up losing that game.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

ChrisRichards
04-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Phil took a shot at Kobe a couple of months ago against Memphis. That was the game when Kobe took like 30 plus shots to score 40 points to go ahead of Jerry West on the Lakers scoring list. The Lakers ended up losing that game.
Pau Gasol and Fisher did. Phil was mum about it. He metioned having a balanced game but nothing directly at Kobe/

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Seriously? Seems more like a jab between friends to me. Like, i'll toss him this book to get a reaction and well laugh about it. You seriously think he was trying to send some veiled message? Come on. You guys read way too much into everything. Your Kobe obsessions are legendary! And amusing...

This seems to be how you are as a person, I'm not going to hate on that because I can't, that's just how you are..

You found Gasol's racist picture to be a joke, and now you're saying Phil Jackson and Kobe are joking about rape..rape is not a "jab" my friend, it's an extremely serious act, it's something I take very seriously..

You seem to have quite the sense of humor though, Cob..big comedy fan?..

cobbler
04-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Of course you can have a opinion, but you can't call him a rapist without having evidence that he did it.

You can say I believe he did it, but stating " Kobe is a rapist" without evidence is pretty stupid.

Those little distinctions are never grasped by those who hate. Their opinion is fact regardless of reality.

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Those little distinctions are never grasped by those who hate. Their opinion is fact regardless of reality.

I clearly said it wasn't a fact, it's my opinion..

Everybody here knows my username well, I've already made my opinion clear on this matter..I'm not going to write "I believe" or "it's my opinion" every time I'm trolling or talking about it in general, especially when everybody already knows what my stance is on this subject..

Do you really want me to write that every time I mention Kobe's rape?(which is usually to annoy Laker fans)..that's reaching bro..

ChrisRichards
04-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Kobe is probably innocent, but it does'nt change the fact that he's a snitch. Rattin on your teammates just to get out of your own mess? All time low.

cobbler
04-01-2010, 11:52 PM
This seems to be how you are as a person, I'm not going to hate on that because I can't, that's just how you are..

You found Gasol's racist picture to be a joke, and now you're saying Phil Jackson and Kobe are joking about rape..rape is not a "jab" my friend, it's an extremely serious act, it's something I take very seriously..

You seem to have quite the sense of humor though, Cob..big comedy fan?..

Thank you!

I found Gasol picture to be in bad taste and just silly. I found the uproar about it to be amusing and part of today's society where everyone is so sensitive and nobody can laugh at themselves. I find you still bringing it up just plain hillarious.

You are entitled to take "rape" seriously. I have no problem with that. I am entitled to have an opinion on why I think PJ would send him that book. Was someone actually raped because PJ gave him the book? You really need to lighten up. You call Kobe a rapist ALL the time. Not that its your opinion. You outright call him a rapist. Funny how your superior moral standards have so much disdain over alleged incidents yet don't come into play when you make accusations with no basis in fact.

I ask you again since you never answered.... Have you ever told an off color joke?

cobbler
04-02-2010, 12:15 AM
I clearly said it wasn't a fact, it's my opinion..

Everybody here knows my username well, I've already made my opinion clear on this matter..I'm not going to write "I believe" or "it's my opinion" every time I'm trolling or talking about it in general, especially when everybody already knows what my stance is on this subject..

Do you really want me to write that every time I mention Kobe's rape?(which is usually to annoy Laker fans)..that's reaching bro..

Since everybody knows your stance... then why do you feel the need to continually bring it up at every opportunity?

cobbler
04-02-2010, 12:39 AM

Pau Gasol and Fisher did. Phil was mum about it. He metioned having a balanced game but nothing directly at Kobe/

And yet you started a thread about it titled:

Gasol, Phil Jackson upset about Kobe's shooting

with the following in the original post:

Phil... "At halftime, I told everybody he's forcing the action, so let's get him over the hump so we can play some team ball.... but it looks like we never did"

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145733

Ouuuuch!!!! :lol

I'm gonna love this backpeddle! :lmao

silverblk mystix
04-02-2010, 12:41 AM
it was never proven that kobe raped the girl---but it was never proven that he did not...

maybe a rape never occurred and she is as bad as some people say

maybe kobe really did rape her--but he paid for the case to be dismissed

we don't know do we?

cobbler
04-02-2010, 12:45 AM
it was never proven that kobe raped the girl---but it was never proven that he did not...

maybe a rape never occurred and she is as bad as some people say

maybe kobe really did rape her--but he paid for the case to be dismissed

we don't know do we?

Only 2 people will ever know. We all have our opinions. To say outright "Kobe is a rapist" is a statement of fact, not opinion. It's irresponsible at the least.

Killakobe81
04-02-2010, 01:07 AM
If you are tought u dont have to say it.

Amen. Pau is skilled and a key piece of the Lakers team but when ChrisRichards or BR Hornet or the other morons say he is the MVP of the Lakers and Kobe couldnt win without him ...revist this thread...

How many other Chapionship leaders have had THEIR OWN COACH and fanbase call them soft?

Pau is great complement to Kobe and a great SECONDARY star ...

silverblk mystix
04-02-2010, 01:17 AM
I dislike Kobe as much as the next person. But it was proven that Kobe didn't rape that hoe. That Hoe, eneded up having sex with 2 other guys, like the next day or so.

Name anyone that gets raped and goes out partying afterwards and gets laid again?

It was never proven---either way---that there was or wasn't a rape---

it also does not prove anything if the girl went out afterwards and did whatever---it does not prove shit---

she could have been many things---confused,hurt,lost,suicidal,slutty, or just plain traumatized or even in shock---we don't know--

you are making assumptions and leaping to conclusions based on things YOU feel strongly about---but none of this , necessarily makes it a fact.

Killakobe81
04-02-2010, 01:28 AM

I know you were trolling but come on?!

He said he was not surprised that the allegations came ...meaning he is not surprised Kobe cheated on his wife nothing in that quote means what you say it does it is interpretation just like the ones you are making that he raped that trashy broad.

If you want to rip Kobe for snitching, being shot happy, ego or whatever that is cool. W eget you dont like the player or what you think of the "man".

But those that claim he isnt a HOF at least a top 5 NBA player you guys are dumb ...

milkshakeballa
04-02-2010, 01:30 AM

it also does not prove anything if the girl went out afterwards and did whatever---it does not prove shit---

she could have been many things---confused,hurt,lost,suicidal,slutty, or just plain traumatized or even in shock---we don't know--

you are making assumptions and leaping to conclusions based on things YOU feel strongly about---but none of this , necessarily makes it a fact.

The lack of IQ is quite astonishing.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-02-2010, 01:34 AM
What these chumps don't realise is that Phil is smarter than any of them. He's a really cluey guy, and he understands exactly how to motivate each one of his players. He plays them like a fuckin piano, he always has, and they are to stupid to see it.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Man, how did this actually turn into a Kobe thread?

Let's get back on the subject. I fucking hate it when Gasol is like five feet from the basket and instead of going hard to the basket he settles for a mini hook shot that he ends up missing it. Perfect example in the game vs Atl, I can't remember how it happen but he ended grabbing a long pass and was all by himself. He had the lane wide open. He seemed like he was going to dunk it, but the defender got to him quick and he ended dribbling the ball underneath the basket. He manage to get some seperation and he threw a little hook shot that he miss to the right. I think that Fartmar had just knock down a three to cut it to eleven. So that would've cut it to nine with some five minutes to go. From there on I knew the game was over. And he has missed a lot of those this season and it's driving me crazy.:bang

duhoh
04-02-2010, 03:17 PM

:lol

duhoh
04-02-2010, 03:18 PM

:lmao

sir you are a genius!

dbreiden83080
04-02-2010, 03:25 PM
http://1000awesomethings.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/chocolate-ice-cream.jpg

nkdlunch
04-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Gasol is tougher than Dirk though

picc84
04-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Only on Duncan.

djohn2oo8
04-02-2010, 03:46 PM

You just started WWIII in here:lol

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2010, 05:01 PM
There's no proof that she had sex with anybody after Kobe..her reason for the semen was that she picked up an old pair of underwear..I don't wanna argue about this, I'm just saying..

If it was proven that she had sex right after she had sex with Kobe, I would have to consider a change of opinion..

cobbler
04-02-2010, 05:29 PM
There's no proof that she had sex with anybody after Kobe..her reason for the semen was that she picked up an old pair of underwear..I don't wanna argue about this, I'm just saying..

If it was proven that she had sex right after she had sex with Kobe, I would have to consider a change of opinion..

Yeah... I was just raped... I'm heading over to the rape clinic... let me change my underwear and just happen to grab a pair with 3 sets of semen stains. hahahahahaha

BTW... why are you avoiding my question? It's a simple one. Can you not answer honsestly and that's why your avoiding it?

Have you ever told an off color joke?

silverblk mystix
04-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Are you that fucking stupid? Who in hell gets raped and then goes out and has sex with another person the next day? If someone is raped they are traumatized and affected for a long time, or even for their rest of their lives. No women goes out partying and having sex with another person the next night!

Are you?

How do YOU know what women do after being raped? How do you know she had sex afterwards? Are you assuming that a date-raped person, a brutally-raped violent attacked person go through the same emotions?

Do you think ALL women have the exact SAME thought process? Were YOU there---did you know her? Did YOU run the investigation? Does EVERY rape/crime/case ALWAYS adhere to the same exact m.o?

If anyone is stupid here---maybe it is the poster who makes comments like, ``NO WOMEN goes out partying and having sex with another person...blah,blah...''

Have you been around young women? Have you been around people who are not famous when they interact with famous people/celebrities?---Do they ALWAYS use good judgement?

Who knows how unstable her mind/thoughts/feelings were for a few hours or days afterwards? Was she a saint--maybe not--but does that automatically make her hoe--only after money?

WE DON'T KNOW---THAT INCLUDES YOU---GENIUS.

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah... I was just raped... I'm heading over to the rape clinic... let me change my underwear and just happen to grab a pair with 3 sets of semen stains. hahahahahaha

BTW... why are you avoiding my question? It's a simple one. Can you not answer honsestly and that's why your avoiding it?

Have you ever told an off color joke?

I'm not avoiding anything..

What's your definition and criteria of an off color joke?..

I've certainly never taken a picture making fun of the way Asians look and had it placed all over the internet..

cobbler
04-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm not avoiding anything..

What's your definition and criteria of an off color joke?..

I've certainly never taken a picture making fun of the way Asians look and had it placed all over the internet..

off·-color (ôf′kul′ər)

adjective

1.varying from the usual, standard, or required color
2.☆ not quite proper; in rather poor taste; risqué an off-color joke

In other words, have you ever told a polish joke, an ethnic joke, or something similar?

Come on Harlem... you know you have... we all have. Does that make you a racist? No. And neither does ONE picture taken in poor taste. The players, team, and Spanish government explained their reasoning and it had nothing to do with racism. That persons within the pussy politically correct society we live in today can't accept their explaination and dwell on it is sad IMO.

If you honestly believe the Spanish government, olympic committee, staff, and players all contrived to send a RACIST message is just well... ignorant to say the least.

ChrisRichards
04-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Cobbler + reasoning x internet =failure.

redzero
04-02-2010, 06:00 PM

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4791/shawnmichaelsh.gif (http://img191.imageshack.us/i/shawnmichaelsh.gif/)

cobbler
04-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Cobbler + reasoning x internet =failure.

Funny that you never replied to post #56 your friggen retard. You can't even keep your own obsession in order. You owned yourself. Kudos for that!!! :toast

ChrisRichards
04-02-2010, 06:08 PM
The quote was not a jab on Kobe. If Phil really wants to criticize or take a shot at Kobe, he's either going to be very blatant about it or he will take subtle but unmistakable jabs with a pinch of sense of humor, none was present in that quote you gave. You're really a dumbass, you dont even know how the coach of your team operates. :lol

cobbler
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
The quote was not a jab on Kobe. If Phil really wants to criticize or take a shot at Kobe, he's either going to be very blatant about it or he will take subtle but unmistakable jabs with a pinch of sense of humor, none was present in that quote you gave. You're really a dumbass, you dont even know how the coach of your team operates. :lol

Obviously it is you who doesn't know how PJ operates. He often throws out veiled jabs at the players. The quote was a direct comment about Kobe shooting too much. Your own thread title said so. It was from YOUR post you friggen idiot. It's the quote YOU posted. :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145733

Go back to your worshiping liar boy..

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/morons.jpg

cobbler
04-02-2010, 06:24 PM
No answer to the off color question Harlem?

You have never told a racial or ethnic joke?

I'm all ears!

ChrisRichards
04-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Cobbler is so gullible. He takes whatever I dish to him so seriously :lol

ChrisRichards
04-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Obviously it is you who doesn't know how PJ operates. He often throws out veiled jabs at the players. The quote was a direct comment about Kobe shooting too much. Your own thread title said so. It was from YOUR post you friggen idiot. It's the quote YOU posted. :lol

That is far from Phil Jackson's typical verbal. If you read it in context Phil was still being very nice about laying the outcome of the game. Reading Phil Jackson's book the Last season, anyone with knowledge of the situation would agree that Jackson has been respectful of Kobe despite some very horrid shooting performance from him.

cobbler
04-02-2010, 09:28 PM
That is far from Phil Jackson's typical verbal. If you read it in context Phil was still being very nice about laying the outcome of the game. Reading Phil Jackson's book the Last season, anyone with knowledge of the situation would agree that Jackson has been respectful of Kobe despite some very horrid shooting performance from him.

It was from YOUR post under the thread you started titled:

You owned youerself and you are not even bright enough to realize it. :lmao

cobbler
04-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Cobbler is so gullible. He takes whatever I dish to him so seriously :lol

Oh just the opposite. You are a absolute liar and i don't believe or take anything you say seriously. I just laugh at what you come up with and love to point out your stupidity. You own yourself on a regular basis with your obsession with Kobe and the Lakers. :toast

BTW.... you didn't dish the Mormon comment to me. You posted it to someone else. I just commented on it cause it makes complete sense that you would worship a liar and plagiariser. It's YOU!

And everytime someone shows you for the fool you are.... it's always "I didn't mean that" or "I was just joshing" or something along those lines that imbicles use when they are backpeddling

ChrisRichards
04-02-2010, 10:21 PM
It was from YOUR post under the thread you started titled:

Phil was upset but he did'nt attack Kobe, there's a difference there. :wakeup

ChrisRichards
04-02-2010, 10:22 PM
"38%>47%

Regular Season Stats>Playoff stats"

-Cobbler 03/12/2010

cobbler
04-03-2010, 12:25 AM
"38%>47%

Regular Season Stats>Playoff stats"

-Cobbler 03/12/2010

No matter how many times you post it... its always going to be a fabricated lie from you Mormon boy and it's not going to change that fact you OWNED YOURSELF. Keep on backpeddling dufus.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/morons.jpg

lefty
04-03-2010, 12:27 AM
"I think I'm very very tough," Gasol says, and later when Phil Jackson is told that Gasol considers himself very very tough, he says with a grin, "I think two verys is too many."

Gasol disagrees, apparently mistaking Jackson for a referee, and saying, "I would never have been as successful as I am if I wasn't tough."

Jackson calls it "grit," and says Gasol is lacking it. Others simply say he's too soft. Jackson says most teams come out with the intention of beating him up, "and he is who he is and we can't change that."

When it does appear as if Gasol is playing with more verve, as it did the other night, Jackson isn't buying it, calling Gasol, "nifty."

"Is that what he said?" Gasol says. "That's interesting how he plays with words. But that's Phil. I understand where he comes from. Yeah, he tries to motivate me by giving out those comments, but sometimes I don't really listen."

Or so he says, Jackson knowing differently, telling Gasol the other night Gasol has difficulty posting up New Orleans center Emeka Okafor, and "so Pau scores the first 14 points in the game," Jackson says.

"And five of the seven times he scores, he looks over to the bench. I told him later he doesn't have to look, ‘you know how to motivate yourself.' "

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers-20100401,0,2107262.column

I really really really really thought it was an April's fool article :wow

Wow Gasol cant be serious :lmao

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2010, 12:31 AM
"Mormon Boy"?..the guy is trying to have a civil argument with you, he's doing a good job, and then you bring out the personal stuff, as usual..Gobble, Gobble, Gobble..

petee
04-03-2010, 12:32 AM
14pts/16rebs/9asts...

cobbler
04-03-2010, 12:36 AM
"Mormon Boy"?..the guy is trying to have a civil argument with you, he's doing a good job, and then you bring out the personal stuff, as usual..Gobble, Gobble, Gobble..

How is posting a fabricated lie by him trying to have a civil argument?

And when are you going to answer my question that you have avoided for days? You know you can't because it's going to back you into a corner you can't get out of. :lol

gobble gobble gobble

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/pooping-turkey.jpg

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2010, 12:43 AM
I've never said a joke centered around racism, rape or anything like that..so my answer would be no Cob..

If you condone it, that's on you, I'm not gonna try to change you, I'm not that type of person..if you don't think racism and rape are serious issues, that's your strange opinion and belief..

cobbler
04-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I've never said a joke centered around racism, rape or anything like that..so my answer would be no Cob..

If you condone it, that's on you, I'm not gonna try to change you, I'm not that type of person..if you don't think racism and rape are serious issues, that's your strange opinion and belief..

Show me one post where I said rape or racism are not serious issues. Just one.

And I'm going to call you out as a liar as well.... cause I find it hard to believe you have never told or been a participant in telling off color jokes. We all have over our lifetimes. You know that if you answer honestly and say yes i have told some polish jokes or handicap jokes or something similar that I would ask you if that makes you a racist which of course it wouldn't.

I could only hope to aspire to be a perfect saint such as you! :lol

spurs10
04-03-2010, 01:01 AM
The world will never hear a word from Kobe's accuser. There will never be a book, an interview, anything. Why? Because Kobe Bryant paid her more money than your average person will earn in a lifetime. Wonder why he did that? There is a very good reason why we will never hear one solitary word from that young girl....ever.

cobbler
04-03-2010, 01:08 AM
The world will never hear a word from Kobe's accuser. There will never be a book, an interview, anything. Why? Because Kobe Bryant paid her more money than your average person will earn in a lifetime. Wonder why he did that? There is a very good reason why we will never hear one solitary word from that young girl....ever.

Why? For the very same reason she cried rape to begin with. For the very same reason many celebrities are falsely accused by many losers for various reasons. They know it will cause an uproar and the celebs will choose to pay and have it go away since money isnt a concern and the time to fight the accusations and media scrutiny are. Duh.

ChrisRichards
04-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Show me one post where I said rape or racism are not serious issues. Just one.

And I'm going to call you out as a liar as well.... cause I find it hard to believe you have never told or been a participant in telling off color jokes. We all have over our lifetimes. You know that if you answer honestly and say yes i have told some polish jokes or handicap jokes or something similar that I would ask you if that makes you a racist which of course it wouldn't.

I could only hope to aspire to be a perfect saint such as you! :lol

Accept the fact that not everyone is a bigot like you, who also happens to lacks self esteem who tries so hard to get validation in the internet :toast

cobbler
04-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Not everyone is a bigot like you :rolleyes

You don't know me from squat. You have no clue as to my moral beliefs. You have no idea who my friends are much less their race, religion, or creed. And who really cares what you think? You are just a bullshitting lying turd who own himself and cannot keep track of his OBSESSION. :lol

edit:

And what would you know of my self esteem either. Validation from the internet? hahahahaha I come here as an amusement to kill time and pester the likes of you... and you keep stepping in it. I talk and support my team. I would think thats a natural thing to do. You do nothing but rag on the Lakers and Kobe and create lies to feed your OBSESSION. My validation comes from my family, friends, career, and sporting accomplishments. That you even think you would be involved in any validation i require is laughable at the least. :lmao

ChrisRichards
04-03-2010, 01:23 AM
You support a certified snitch and rapist. All I need to know.:toast

spurs10
04-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Why? For the very same reason she cried rape to begin with. For the very same reason many celebrities are falsely accused by many losers for various reasons. They know it will cause an uproar and the celebs will choose to pay and have it go away since money isnt a concern and the time to fight the accusations and media scrutiny are. Duh.
Nobody gives away millions of dollars to somene who defames their character. They sue. The trial didn't just abruptly end, it was settled for a truckload of money because he couldn't win, even with the highest paid lawyers on the planet. She has smartly stayed true to the agreement, as to not lose her settlement.

cobbler
04-03-2010, 01:30 AM
You support a certified snitch and rapist. All I need to know.:toast

Wrong again!! I called Kobe out for the Shaq comment to the police just like everyone else. Was a shitty bush league move.

Certified rapist? Please show me this certification!

Friggen idiot.

cobbler
04-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Nobody gives away millions of dollars to somene who defames their character. They sue. The trial didn't just abruptly end, it was settled for a truckload of money because he couldn't win, even with the highest paid lawyers on the planet. She has smartly stayed true to the agreement, as to not lose her settlement.

Very naive outlook IMO. How do you know he couldnt win? Can I borrow your chrystal ball sometime?

spurs10
04-03-2010, 01:54 AM
Very naive outlook IMO. How do you know he couldnt win? Can I borrow your chrystal ball sometime?
It was Kobe and his lawyers that decided they couldn't win. They settled, which is what you do when you don't like what your crystal ball is telling you.

cobbler
04-03-2010, 02:47 AM
It was Kobe and his lawyers that decided they couldn't win. They settled, which is what you do when you don't like what your crystal ball is telling you.

They settled the civil lawsuit. It was Faber who caused the dropping of the criminal suit.

On September 1, 2004 Eagle County District Judge Terry Ruckriegle dismissed the charges against Bryant, after prosecutors spent more than $200,000 preparing for trial, because Faber informed them that she was unwilling to testify.

So I ask you, why would someone who was raped refuse to testify? Wouldn't her motivation to clear her name be even more profound than as you said Kobe clearing his name? Works both ways.

Kobe settled the civil lawsuit to simply put it behind him. A couple million is a drop in the bucket to him and since public opinion wouldn't change one way or the other regardless of the outcome then why wouldn't you settle?

ChrisRichards
04-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Wrong again!! I called Kobe out for the Shaq comment to the police just like everyone else. Was a shitty bush league move.

Certified rapist? Please show me this certification!

Friggen idiot.
I find it hard to believe. Post a link showing you called Kobe out. And I didnt say he was a certified rapist. Reading comprehension owns you.

TampaDude
04-03-2010, 09:34 AM
They settled the civil lawsuit. It was Faber who caused the dropping of the criminal suit.

On September 1, 2004 Eagle County District Judge Terry Ruckriegle dismissed the charges against Bryant, after prosecutors spent more than $200,000 preparing for trial, because Faber informed them that she was unwilling to testify.

So I ask you, why would someone who was raped refuse to testify? Wouldn't her motivation to clear her name be even more profound than as you said Kobe clearing his name? Works both ways.

Kobe settled the civil lawsuit to simply put it behind him. A couple million is a drop in the bucket to him and since public opinion wouldn't change one way or the other regardless of the outcome then why wouldn't you settle?

Dude...she decided not to testify because she had already gotten PAID...why go through the hassle of a trial???

But this thread has gotten off track...we were talking about how...

http://blackchristiannews.com/news/Pau_Gasol_738399.jpg = http://www.papergoodsdirect.com/images/products/charmin%204%20pach%20100.jpg

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Dude...she decided not to testify because she had already gotten PAID...why go through the hassle of a trial???

http://blackchristiannews.com/news/Pau_Gasol_738399.jpg = http://www.papergoodsdirect.com/images/products/charmin%204%20pach%20100.jpg

And you know why it got off track?

Chisrichards+Kobe=Obssesion

Post #4 ChrisRichards brings up the name Kobe. Thread goes down the toilet. I mean this dude can't get Kobe's dick out of his mouth.

lennyalderette
04-03-2010, 10:59 AM
i would say hes pretty tough for a gay dude

lennyalderette
04-03-2010, 11:07 AM
kobe is definitely shady but i dont think he raped that chick, i do know some pretty crazy info about him, but i already said it on here no one paid attention though

DPG21920
04-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Why is Cobbler obsessed with defending Kobe? He comes to his aid like a damsel in distress.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-03-2010, 12:19 PM
The worst thing about all this is Laker fans caring more about exalting Kobe's status as the best player in the NBA by acting as if Gasol wasn't a HUGE part of why they won the championship. You are pathetic.

spurs10
04-03-2010, 01:50 PM

http://blackchristiannews.com/news/Pau_Gasol_738399.jpg = http://www.papergoodsdirect.com/images/products/charmin%204%20pach%20100.jpgExactly, on all points. They settled the civil suit and she agreed to zip it up....now back to Dirty Hairy Gasol...

cobbler
04-03-2010, 03:57 PM

The criminal lawsuit was dropped by the judge when she refused to testify. She LATER filed the civil suit and that was where they settled and she got paid.

cobbler
04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Why is Cobbler obsessed with defending Kobe? He comes to his aid like a damsel in distress.

Has nothing to do with defending Kobe. Kobe has been a jerk a lot of times. He has made tons of mistakes and pissed many Laker fans off as well, includiung me. I'm just going to reply to the bullshit ChrisRichards spews on every occasion because 1) I support my team through thick and thin... I come to the Lakers defense, 2) though I may not always agree with some of his past actions, he's still a Laker and I have seen him grow and mature over the years, 3) it's enjoyable showing up Chris, Harlem, and Miami for the hating fools they are...

You don't see me going around bashing other teams players for personal issues. If you want to talk basketball well talk basketball. If you want to hate on my Lakers.... I'm going to respond in kind. It's what being a fan is about no?

cobbler
04-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I find it hard to believe. Post a link showing you called Kobe out. And I didnt say he was a certified rapist. Reading comprehension owns you.

You said he was a certified snitch and rapist. I'm not going to argue with you over semantics.

What a bunch of morons!

Everytime when talking about Kobe and basketball... the haters always pull the character or rape card as if it has anything to do with basketball. In this country you are innocent until proven Guilty. None of us knows what went on in Colorado. NONE. It's over... let it go already...

Sooooo, lets just for the sake of the silly argument say he did rape the girl. We all know he's an arrogant self centered player. A lot are. So bottom line is... Our arrogant raping self centered douche... is the best NBA player and will go down in history as the best player of his generation and has a shot at going down as one of the best of all time.

Deal with it....

I'm not going to take up anymore time searching for the threads talking about his request to be traded and how he tossed shaq under the bus in the lawsuit era. The history only goes back so far. I have posted many times that Kobe can be petulent and self serving. I also defend his skills and work ethic. That you do or don't believe me is irrelevant. I support my team and its players and you have an obsession with a player and team you are not even a fan of. :bang