PDA

View Full Version : James wants the Spurs

smackdaddy11
05-04-2005, 01:34 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/222798_sbok04.html

Sonics Notebook: James would prefer the Spurs

By ANGELO BRUSCAS
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

Jerome James last night made no secret of his preference that the Sonics play the San Antonio Spurs rather than the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference semifinals.

"For selfish reasons I want to play San Antonio, because with three 7-footers, they've got to play me," said the 7-foot-1 James, who has seen his minutes climb steadily in the first round of the playoffs.

"I know I'm going to be out there competing for a championship. If you put Denver out there, I think I will be sitting on the bench because they will be running up and down, no low-post game, and that doesn't work to my benefit."

The Spurs lead the Nuggets 3-1 and can win the series tonight in San Antonio.

James, an impending free agent, entered last night with averages of 18.8 points and 10.3 rebounds per game in the playoffs after averaging just 4.9 points and 3 rebounds during the regular season.

James, who had 11 points and 6 rebounds last night, was asked before the game if he thinks his playoff outburst has helped his case in seeking a lucrative contract, whether in Seattle or elsewhere.

"Supply and demand, that's what America is built on," James said, smiling.

:lol

Doug Collins
05-04-2005, 01:39 PM
James needs to realize that he is not in fact Bill Russell, and that Kenny and Charles saying that on Inside the NBA is called sarcasm. But whatever, I'm sure he'll have fun defending TimVGOD in the paint so fuck it.

BigVee
05-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Good attitude. Let me be on the floor when we lose, rather than on the bench when we win.

Dingle Barry
05-04-2005, 01:43 PM
their rag is called the Post-Intelligencer? Just another reason to hate Seattle.

Doug Collins
05-04-2005, 01:46 PM
their rag is called the Post-Intelligencer? Just another reason to hate Seattle.

Is Intelligencer even a word? What the fuck is that? Sounds like some sort of uber-wizard from a dungeons and dragons game. +10 dark mana skill acquired! :elephant

Tom_Foolery
05-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Does anybody remember that crossover Shaq put on James? That was hilarious! Shaq of all people.

sa_butta
05-04-2005, 01:53 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/222798_sbok04.html

Sonics Notebook: James would prefer the Spurs

By ANGELO BRUSCAS
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

Jerome James last night made no secret of his preference that the Sonics play the San Antonio Spurs rather than the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference semifinals.

"For selfish reasons I want to play San Antonio, because with three 7-footers, they've got to play me," said the 7-foot-1 James, who has seen his minutes climb steadily in the first round of the playoffs.

"I know I'm going to be out there competing for a championship. If you put Denver out there, I think I will be sitting on the bench because they will be running up and down, no low-post game, and that doesn't work to my benefit."

The Spurs lead the Nuggets 3-1 and can win the series tonight in San Antonio.

James, an impending free agent, entered last night with averages of 18.8 points and 10.3 rebounds per game in the playoffs after averaging just 4.9 points and 3 rebounds during the regular season.

James, who had 11 points and 6 rebounds last night, was asked before the game if he thinks his playoff outburst has helped his case in seeking a lucrative contract, whether in Seattle or elsewhere.

"Supply and demand, that's what America is built on," James said, smiling.

Like they have a choice how intelligent is that?
We would be glad to whoop your ass after we mop
up denver. :flipoff

boutons
05-04-2005, 01:54 PM
The soft, fat dumbass thinks mulitplying his playoff numbers vs his season numbers by 3X is going to fool anybody with $$$ this summer?

In 4 season games vs Spurs, he averaging 25 MPG, dominating the Spurs with 3.3 RB/G, and 2.5 PT/G.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 01:54 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/images/basketball/nba/players/3260.jpg

Bring you it bitch.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Bring you it bitch.

damn...first they cloned horses and sheep...now Ducks... :oops

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah Roscoe I didn't mean to write it that way.

sa_butta
05-04-2005, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=SPARKY]
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/images/basketball/nba/players/3260.jpg

If he dies he dies

http://www.bk-sportsmag.se/artiklar/bilder/dolph_lundgren_01.jpg

SenorSpur
05-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Be careful what you wish for. If he wants us, then his bitch-ass is going to get us. He's the talk of the Seattle area because of his improved play.

Wonder if it's because of his pending "free agent" status. The guy has been sleepwalking for his entire short career and then suddenly, like Mt. St. Helens, he wakes up and erupts. Go figure!

bigbendbruisebrother
05-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Good attitude. Let me be on the floor when we lose, rather than on the bench when we win.

...would you exchange a walk on part in war for a lead role in a cage?

FromWayDowntown
05-04-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm not touching that duck picture with a ten foot pole.

I do think, though, that James' sentiment makes sense. The guy wants to play, and knows that his best chance to be on the floor is against a bigger, more methodical team. Of the options, the Spurs best fit that description. I don't take from what he said that he wants the Spurs because he thinks it will present the best opportunity for continuing his perceived transformation into Wilt.

Should the Spurs get that far (and I'm not buying it until they've won 4 playoff games) and Jerome get his apparent wish, I don't think it will take Mr. James long to realize that Brad Miller don't play in SA.

SLOVENIAN 8
05-04-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm not touching that duck picture with a ten foot pole.

SPARKY is just to much smart today. I post that picture not using brain . Sorry if i hurt anyone.

Kori Ellis
05-04-2005, 02:28 PM
SPARKY is just to much smart today. I post that picture not using brain . Sorry if i hurt anyone.

Don't worry about it.

Now everyone get back on topic.

texbumTHElife
05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Jerome James will be the next Olawakandi. One good year and flashes of talent will earn him a nice fat contract and then he will end up spending more time on the bench than anything else.

Dingle Barry
05-04-2005, 02:35 PM
holy shit. that rasho website is awesome.

GSH
05-04-2005, 02:36 PM
See, it's guys like this that ruin things for everybody. Now the university he went to is going to start insisting that their athletes actually pass some classes before they graduate. The next thing you know, they're going to be screening applicants before they are allowed to enroll. Once things go that far, there's nothing the coach can do to help.

Florida A&M may never be able to recruit another 7-footer.

PM5K
05-04-2005, 02:41 PM
holy shit. that rasho website is awesome.

If only Rasho were half as exciting as his website.

Back to topic....

tekdragon
05-04-2005, 02:48 PM
:lmao

"I must break you."

James needs to be careful what he wishes for.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM

SPARKY is sorry that he makes you want to hurt people.

ducks
05-04-2005, 03:22 PM
good atleast it was not lebron JAMES wanting to become a spur

Jimcs50
05-04-2005, 03:24 PM
I bet New Jersey will be looking to sign him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I bet New Jersey will be looking to sign him.

Because three overpriced players aren't enough...

td4mvp21
05-04-2005, 07:01 PM
TIM DUNCAN (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/index.html)

Thats all I got to say.

ShoogarBear
05-04-2005, 07:29 PM
I do think, though, that James' sentiment makes sense. The guy wants to play, and knows that his best chance to be on the floor is against a bigger, more methodical team. Of the options, the Spurs best fit that description. I don't take from what he said that he wants the Spurs because he thinks it will present the best opportunity for continuing his perceived transformation into Wilt.

I agree. I think it's a great quote. Much better that the usual cliches you get when you ask someone that question.

People around here spend too much time looking for perceived slights and insults against the Spurs.

ShoogarBear
05-04-2005, 07:31 PM
good atleast it was not lebron JAMES wanting to become a spur
And I knew that was coming, too.

Jimcs50
05-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Because three overpriced players aren't enough...

No, they need a center. Maybe they will get Dikembe, but James could be good for them. Kidd will make James even better.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2005, 08:07 PM
If Krstic adds 20 pounds in the off-season, they'll have their center.

MiNuS
05-04-2005, 08:41 PM

Haste que ahi te voy!Damn, Rasho's website is by better than Manu's and Duncan's! Its got music and pizazz!If you didn't know much about the guy you would think he's the main sausage.

Notorious H.O.P.
05-05-2005, 02:24 AM
James, for once, is making sense in his evaluation. A lumbering idiot like himself has no place in the track meet that may have been Seattle vs Denver. But he's kidding himself if he thinks he's going to keep up those numbers versus the Spurs. We have Duncan, Mohammed, Nesterovic and Massenburg to muscle him in the paint, and Horry to use his veteran savvy when we go small and quick. He may have a decent game but I'm pretty sure he isn't going to be wearing that smirk very long. The people of Seattle have to be pissed at the jerk, especially when he either leaves for greener pastures or resigns at a raise and reverts back to his usual loser self. He wants everyone to believe that he's been on cruise control until now and he's showing the real way his capable of playing now. Bullshit. And everyone who has bought a ticket to a Sonics game, an overpriced beer, a bag of popcorn or paid $20 for a parking space during the course of his contract should be calling for his head. He didn't mind the work involved in going to the bank and getting his checks cashed but he wouldn't put in a solid days work at the office? This "career-making, cash register ringing" effort that he finally put up was a result of matchups. Sacramento doesn't have the low post power of the Spurs and James was able to run wild. Let's see what he brings against the Spurs. I have a strong feeling the Spurs are going to rain all over his free agent parade.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2005, 03:06 AM
If an A-hole of K-mart's caliber does push-ups after one decent play, what does a shit brick like James do? Tae-bo?