PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: 'I Won't Stop' Until I Bring Title To Cleveland'

Kai
04-01-2010, 11:17 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65712/20100401/lebron_i_wont_stop_until_i_bring_title_to_clevelan d/

LeBron: 'I Won't Stop' Until I Bring Title To Cleveland

In an interview on NBA TV, LeBron James indicated that he "won't stop" until he reaches his goal of winning a title in Cleveland.

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

Taken literally, James' statement is newsworthy because it would mean that the Cavs' superstar, who can become a free-agent this summer, would stay in Cleveland at least as long as it takes to bring the city an NBA championship.

James also spoke glowingly about the professionalism and depth of the Cavs' roster.

The Cavs have the best record in the league, five games ahead of the Lakers.

:hat

BlackSwordsMan
04-01-2010, 11:30 PM
in other words if you shitty teams want me deplete your payrolls into my bank account

Spursfan092120
04-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I predict this..........

http://www.lebrontalk.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/wise_lebron_commercial.jpg

ffadicted
04-01-2010, 11:37 PM
So cavs fans want to lose this year and keep Lebron around or win and risk him leaving with a sense of "accomplishment" lol

Halberto
04-01-2010, 11:59 PM
So cavs fans want to lose this year and keep Lebron around or win and risk him leaving with a sense of "accomplishment" lol

:lol Yeah I don't know how I would feel about that statement if I were a Cavs fan.

siraulo23
04-02-2010, 12:11 AM
and he said he was going to participate in the 2010 slam dunk contest :sleep

JoeTait75
04-02-2010, 12:35 AM
No surprise here. LeBron has never made any bones about his desire to do what so many have tried and failed to do before him. He's a reasonably intelligent guy, he knows full well what an accomplishment that would be.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2010, 12:43 AM
I wish Lebron would just shut the fuck up.

BanditHiro
04-02-2010, 12:48 AM

why does it bother you so much? he can't shut up anyways because the media will follow him around and use anything he says to make a headline.

JoeTait75
04-02-2010, 12:50 AM

He shouldn't say his goal is to win a championship with the team that drafted him?

picc84
04-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Knicks fans just became Cavs fans.

21_Blessings
04-02-2010, 01:46 AM

Just show him some game tapes of the 2007 finals.

Sean Cagney
04-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Lebron's mouth is like a human shovel, just digging hole after hole after hole.I can't stand that dude, seriously! I had his jersey in 04 and was a fan of his, but after that he killed me as a fan with his mouth and drama!

bostonguy
04-02-2010, 04:03 AM
It better be this year. The Cavs as they are currently put together, are pretty much built for this year alone. They are in a tough spot next year. Shaq/Z will be older and free agents. Jamison will be 34. Parker will be 35. The Cavs will have to endure a minor set back but the risks they made were worth it.

LnGrrrR
04-02-2010, 04:26 AM
It better be this year. The Cavs as they are currently put together, are pretty much built for this year alone. They are in a tough spot next year. Shaq/Z will be older and free agents. Jamison will be 34. Parker will be 35. The Cavs will have to endure a minor set back but the risks they made were worth it.

Hey BG, how much money will our C's have free next year? I think it's all-or-bust pretty much this year (and I'll be happy if we just get out of the first round), but I'd like to know how much we have coming off the books.

pauls931
04-02-2010, 08:15 AM
It's nice of him to offer bringing the title to Cleveland after winning it in NY, I bet that thing is a PITA to get through airport security.

JamStone
04-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Will he be playing WR for the Browns after he leaves this summer for the Knicks or Nets?

Thunder Dan
04-02-2010, 08:41 AM
he isnt leaving. If they lose, he stays for this reason. If they win it, he looks like an idiot for leaving a team that just won the championship with everyone coming back....he might go to NYC at some point, but the timing isn't right

LoneStarState'sPride
04-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Just show him some game tapes of the 2007 finals.

:lol

JamStone
04-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Maybe if the Cavs don't win it, LeBron won't stop until he steals the Larry O'Brien trophy from whoever does win it.

Thunder Dan
04-02-2010, 09:30 AM
So in other words, he's stuck in hell.

exactly...even worse he lives in Akron

noob cake
04-02-2010, 09:39 AM
LeBronze to OKC = Dynasty for next decade

JoeTait75
04-02-2010, 10:23 AM
The "LeBron-to-New York/New Jersey" train left the station a long time ago. Unfortunately someone forgot to tell ESPN. He'll stay in Cleveland.

And on the off chance he doesn't he's a POS ingrate anyway. He leaves Cleveland without a title, he'll never win one.

ChrisRichards
04-02-2010, 11:33 AM
The "LeBron-to-New York/New Jersey" train left the station a long time ago. Unfortunately someone forgot to tell ESPN. He'll stay in Cleveland.

And on the off chance he doesn't he's a POS ingrate anyway. He leaves Cleveland without a title, he'll never win one.
Joe hypothetical Q. Would you rather have the Cleveland win a title now and then have Lebron leave after the summer or keep Lebron for a few more years without a guaranteed title.

Thunder Dan
04-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Joe hypothetical Q. Would you rather have the Cleveland win a title now and then have Lebron leave after the summer or keep Lebron for a few more years without a guaranteed title.

id rather keep Lebron. Losing Lebron would crush the Cleveland area. Winning a championship would be nice, but the feeling would fade the following year. Plus, if we win, then lebron leaves, we will forget all about the championship. I'd rather keep him and take our chances. Gotta figure that if he signs for 3 more deals, thats 3 more years they will likely be one of the top 3 teams in the league.