PDA

View Full Version : The Smoking Thread

balli
04-01-2010, 11:56 PM
What do you smoke? Cigarettes, pipes, cigars, weed, cocaine, crystal methamphetamine?

Did you smoke before, but not now? When you did, what did you smoke?

Why do you smoke what you do?

Do you like it?

If you smoke weed, what's your preferred method?

What tobacco brand(s)/product(s) do you buy?

Any other thoughts?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I tried smoking heroine once and it didn't do anything, now I just shoot up.

shooting up > smoking

Drachen
04-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Smoked a lot of pot in Germany, but when I came back here, the available stuff (from dirt weed to hydro) was all crap in comparison and just boring. I tried it again about 6 mos ago (first time in 5 or 6 years), and I was just bored and went to bed.

Cigarettes, I love smoking those. It is something to do. I need 3 things to concentrate on at once in order to be productive, smoking can be one of those things. My favorite is while I am driving (but it annoys me when I am at a lot of stop lights) I smoke Marlboro light 100s. I LOOOOOOOOVE it.

I quit 2.5 weeks ago. No nicotine cravings, but I am having trouble concentrating on stuff, not as bad as the last time I tried to quit but it is just annoying that i am an adult and am not allowed (by my own decision) to do something that I want to do and that helps me focus. I have a family though, and don't really get sick that often and don't want to start.

The Reckoning
04-02-2010, 12:18 AM
I quit 2.5 weeks ago. No nicotine cravings, but I am having trouble concentrating on stuff, not as bad as the last time I tried to quit but it is just annoying that i am an adult and am not allowed (by my own decision) to do something that I want to do and that helps me focus. I have a family though, and don't really get sick that often and don't want to start.

yeah the worst part is not having anything to do in between your work breaks at home.

Drachen
04-02-2010, 12:24 AM
yeah the worst part is not having anything to do in between your work breaks at home.

Word, my whole work day is thrown off. I walk around aimlessly in my building on my breaks now. Its a good thing I got a smart phone right before I quit. it is a cheap replacement for something to do.

MiamiHeat
04-02-2010, 03:15 AM
get a fucking book, go eat food, go online, work on a hobby

mojorizen7
04-02-2010, 04:17 AM
Smoked cigarettes for 20 yrs(pack a day). Quit cold turkey last July.
Still smoke the green occasionally.

Shaolin-Style
04-02-2010, 04:25 AM

I hate smoking in general too but telling people to go eat food was out of place there :lmao

sonic21
04-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Smoked cigarettes for 6 years. Quit when my wife got pregnant. Smoke ocasionally now.

benefactor
04-02-2010, 05:43 AM
I started smoking cigarettes at around 15 or 16 and quit when I was 23. After watching my grandmother die of emphysema I vowed that I would not die with a cigarette in my mouth. I had just quit drinking so it was a good time to quit. I still smoke cigars occasionally.

I smoked weed pretty heavily during those same years also. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it sometimes. I would probably still smoke if the risks didn't outweight the benefits(I like not being in jail and I like my job and can't afford to lose it).

Drachen
04-02-2010, 08:47 AM

Yes, because I can accomplish a whole heck of a lot of reading in 15 mins! I will just get into what I am reading, then DOH back to work.....

I'm not hungry....

I am on a computer all day long....

I am sure that I can get my woodworking merit badge in 15 mins...

Also, you missed the whole point I can do all of those things that you mentioned and do them more productively, if I have a cigarette (except eating, I have never liked smoke to mingle with my eating, and have the same respect for others).

ashbeeigh
04-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Everyone in my family smokes. My sister smokes shitty weed all the time. I tell her I'll give her a few extra bucks to get the good stuff since it smells better, but she won't take it. I haven't touched or smoked anything in my life. It just grosses me out.

I don't mind people that smoke. When I'm out at a bar or at a party I'll happily go outside to continue a conversation while everyone smokes a cigarette or whatever else they're smoking at the moment. It's their body. Do whatever the fuck you want with it.

I've honestly never had any 'peer pressure' to do it. It just grosses me out. Oh the hacking smokers cough that both my parents have are complete turnoffs. How can any smoker handle that? Eww.

And the smell on your clothes. That's the absolute worst smell ever. It lingers.

florige
04-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Everyone in my family smokes. My sister smokes shitty weed all the time. I tell her I'll give her a few extra bucks to get the good stuff since it smells better, but she won't take it. I haven't touched or smoked anything in my life. It just grosses me out.

I don't mind people that smoke. When I'm out at a bar or at a party I'll happily go outside to continue a conversation while everyone smokes a cigarette or whatever else they're smoking at the moment. It's their body. Do whatever the fuck you want with it.

I've honestly never had any 'peer pressure' to do it. It just grosses me out. Oh the hacking smokers cough that both my parents have are complete turnoffs. How can any smoker handle that? Eww.

And the smell on your clothes. That's the absolute worst smell ever. It lingers.

You guys don't have anti-smoking laws yet in Texas in public places?

Drachen
04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
You guys don't have anti-smoking laws yet in Texas in public places?

In some cities. Pretty much the only anti-smoking law is that if a restaurant has a smoking section, it has to be walled in and you are only allowed to have a door sized opening between the smoking and non smoking.

balli
04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't mind people that smoke. When I'm out at a bar or at a party I'll happily go outside to continue a conversation while everyone smokes a cigarette or whatever else they're smoking at the moment.
I really like the smell of cigarette smoke in small doses; like outdoors or through an open car window or when you walk past the smoking lounge at the airport. I also agree that having your clothes and hair smell like smoke is just awful. My fondness for cigarette smoke disappears entirely when I'm enveloped to the point that I start to smell.

DisAsTerBot
04-02-2010, 10:08 AM
the nug!

just got a sweet new glass on glass water pipe....

florige
04-02-2010, 10:12 AM
I really like the smell of cigarette smoke in small doses; like outdoors or through an open car window or when you walk past the smoking lounge at the airport. I also agree that having your clothes and hair smell like smoke is just awful. My fondness for cigarette smoke disappears entirely when I'm enveloped to the point that I start to smell.

I like how they smell when they are first lit up. I doesn't really bother me though. My old partner was a chain smoker. I know he had to go through literally 3 packs a shift.

J.T.
04-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Used to be a pack-a-day smoker but quit about a month ago. My brand of choice was Marlboro Menthols. Quit because I was gagging on them by the third or fourth drag and got tired of choking myself twenty times a day. Did it cold turkey, pretty much just convincing myself that I'm a nonsmoker is all it took. The money you save not buying those fuckers is like having a part time job. A min-wage part time job but if you think of it as free money, then it's free money.

Smoke weed on the reg. Smoked it a lot the first week of quitting cigarettes. Bottomline is I smoke weed because it makes everything awesome. And it feels good. Prefer pipes or bongs. I suck at rolling although one time my friends and I did manage to break up an entire QP of swag and roll a pack of Titan blunts. Those things lasted for DAYS. Prefer dro over swag but smoke swag a lot because of price.

in2deep
04-02-2010, 10:31 AM
CB-KdwpJSVA

z0sa
04-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I love weed, okay, I LOVE it, but not as much as I love pussy.

Leetonidas
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
What do you smoke? Cigarettes, pipes, cigars, weed, cocaine, crystal methamphetamine?

Weed and cigarettes.

Did you smoke before, but not now? When you did, what did you smoke?

lol no

Why do you smoke what you do?

Cigarettes - because it kills time at work and when combined with weed feels nice.

Weed - Feels good man.

Do you like it?

Yes.

If you smoke weed, what's your preferred method?

BAAAAAAANG

What tobacco brand(s)/product(s) do you buy?

Marlboro Reds or Camel Menthols

Any other thoughts?

Smoke weed errday.

jdev82
04-02-2010, 10:47 AM
used to smoke weed every day, not anymore. now i smoke pipes, peterson blends being my favorite. at work, or when im low, pall mall menthol 100's all day. i think we should be allowed our dirty little pleasures.

panic giraffe
04-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I love weed, okay, I LOVE it, but not as much as I love pussy.

best movie EVER.

started smoking cigs at 16, quit from time to time, but usually am a light smoker, like a pack can last 2 weeks light smoker. Mainly because I like the stronger expensive shit. red kamel(taste like death and you can't find them everywhere), Gauloises(the blue original before they got banned, they're back, but made in spain now and not as potent) if not those then i won't smoke unless i'm drunk.

just gave up the ganj a month ago after starting at like must have been 10 or 12. when i did, prefer blunts to anything, and honestly swag, all the types of dro i had have always made me zombied out but i can still function with swag, maybe its just the westside in me. i love the shit, and completely support legalization, but it makes me too lethargic plus i got a few legal issues i need to take care of. i'll pick it back up when my kids grow up probably.

FatBeaner
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
fYGRz7SCqCI

:tu

Bender
04-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I'll be the first to say it... cigars.

Strike
04-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Marlboro Lights. I smoke about half a pack a day.

I smoke weed very rarely. Maybe 5 times a year.

David Bowie
04-02-2010, 01:48 PM
I smoked a moderate amount of pot in college. Now, I take a drag every once in a while. I generally don't like how pot makes me feel.

I smoke a cigarette without inhaling (can't stand cigarette smoke going into my lungs) every once in a while. I love the act of smoking and even the smell of cigarette smoke. Just can't inhale, lol.

My boyfriend and his roomates order cheap cigarettes from the Chech Republic. They have very interesting warning signs on them such as "smoking is suicide", "smoking causes impotence" and "you smoke you die." LOL.

I used to smoke cigars every once in a while. I liked them because they put me to sleep :)

Sisk
04-02-2010, 02:20 PM
smoked cigarettes at 16 for a year and a half, quit for quite a bit

now i'll smoke cigarettes when i'm drinking, but when i'm sober i can't stand the things

if i could only quit drinking... and weed just trips me out bad, tried it three times and i gave up

panic giraffe
04-02-2010, 04:21 PM
i'm blown away by all the people saying they like the smell of cigarettes. especially from all you non-smokers.

i'm a smoker and i think they're vile. i don't smoke indoors unless its a smoky bar. not in the house, don't care how could or hot it is, same in the car. to me it just seems trashy to smoke inside, i get a very white trash-trailer park picture in my mind when i think about it. i especially don't like girls who smell like smoke, its different in a bar, but if we're just out to a movie and you want me to taste ash tray, well fuck off.

Bender
04-02-2010, 06:14 PM
"kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray"...

Bukefal
04-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Cigarettes and I smoke these: http://www.cheapcigarettesbox.com/images/Camel_FF.gif

mardigan
04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Just started smoking cigs again not to long ago. Smoke Marlboro 27's.
Weed, well, weed is the best. Joints and joints and joints.

Chief
04-02-2010, 10:47 PM
In the states I smoked Camel Turkish Gold, but here in Costa Rica they are not available so I go with Marlboro Mild ($1.50 a pack !). I only smoke 2-4 cigs a day. But I love it , I know it's dumb as fuck but I love it too much to quit.

Winehole23
04-03-2010, 03:53 AM
I smoke Elvis Presley's toenails when I wanna get high.

drok210
04-03-2010, 04:09 AM
smoke weed everyday,and still cough out my lungs when I drag a cig w/ beer. So I must roll blizzy's so I don't get dizzy's.