PDA

View Full Version : OMG Anna Paquin is bi-sexual!

Stringer_Bell
04-02-2010, 08:32 AM
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/03/exclusive-true-blood-star-reveals-true-self-anna-paquin-says-shes-bisexual

In a surprising move – that even took people close to her off guard - True Blood's sexy star Anna Paquin is publicly revealing she’s bisexual for the very first time...

I'm sorry, but is bi-sexuality as permanent as homosexuality and heterosexuality? And can she still be bi-sexual if she's engaged to be married (marriage being a monogamous relationship)? I don't think I've ever thought of bi-sexual as an orientation, is that a sign of my own prejudice? :(

easjer
04-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Well, I have two female friends who are bi-sexual. They dated both men and women. One had a 10 year long live-in relationship with a woman before gay marriage was legal in her state, and it went a lot like a divorce when they broke up. Both are now married to men and in monogamous marriages (don't assume all marriages are monogamous - some people have open marriages or don't consider sex with the same sex 'cheating'). Both still have attraction to women as well as men.

I've never questioned that. Given that I consider bisexuality to be about sexual attraction to both men and women, I don't see how that ends by engaging in a monogamous relationship with a single sex.

JamStone
04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
There is a theory that everyone in the world is bisexual and that it's just to varying degrees.

I've dated two bisexual women before. Both had slept with women before but both also preferred men. I don't think it's a big deal, especially for women. When the women aren't butchy, seems like it's socially more acceptable, some even straight men often think it's hot.

I don't think there is a problem with monogamy for bisexuals because of bisexuality, at least any more than straight people or gay people. Same thing applies to all. When a straight couple is in a committed relationship, it doesn't mean either stops being attracted to other people. Same applies to gay people and bisexual people. I think there's a notion with promiscuity and polygamy with gay people and bisexual people because there was a social stigma attached to those who were and it made things difficult for them to have open and public committed relationships, nevermind marriage.

And there really is something sexy about hot feminine/lipstick lesbians/bisexual women.

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-02-2010, 09:27 AM
calm down, i know plenty of girls that are bi

easjer
04-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't think there is a problem with monogamy for bisexuals because of bisexuality, at least any more than straight people or gay people. Same thing applies to all. When a straight couple is in a committed relationship, it doesn't mean either stops being attracted to other people.

An excellent way to put it.

Ginobilly
04-02-2010, 10:26 AM
One of my first girlfriends was bi, and let me tell you it was awesome because she would invite hotgirls! Imagine two hot girls to yourself, your 20 with all the energy in the world. It was the free love 60's for me in the 2000's!

Wild Cobra
04-02-2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/03/exclusive-true-blood-star-reveals-true-self-anna-paquin-says-shes-bisexual

I'm sorry, but is bi-sexuality as permanent as homosexuality and heterosexuality? And can she still be bi-sexual if she's engaged to be married (marriage being a monogamous relationship)? I don't think I've ever thought of bi-sexual as an orientation, is that a sign of my own prejudice? :(
Some people just swing both ways.

panic giraffe
04-02-2010, 11:05 AM
well then that makes whoever her fiance is a lucky dude. not that all bi chicks have sex with both at the same time, but at least he has a better chance. bi chicks rock. nearly every girl i've been with has been, not on purpose on my part. its just that they have all been crazy, and crazy chicks tend to me more sexually open.

its a orientation, at least in my opinion. just the same as hetero and homo. that is of course, unless they're daddy's money lesbians or douchey emo hipster boys, then they're just being bi for the sake of show and thats bullshit.

jack sommerset
04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
That ho is not Bi Sexual. She is a LEZBO. If she says she fucks just girls she will be typecast in movies. This way she keeps her men fan base (big time now) and women generally could careless if another girl eats snatch. This will be a cover when she is out and about with her girl ho's.

oh crap
04-02-2010, 11:21 AM
ive never found her very hot or sexy.

The Reckoning
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
oh come on guys...

:ttiwwp:

The Cougar
04-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Bisexuality in women is a natural thing, in males its just some fag not accepting his homosexuality

cherylsteele
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Who cares?

thispego
04-02-2010, 01:09 PM
is this the bitch that was in that geese movie with harry dunn?

Stringer_Bell
04-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Who cares?

Son, over half a dozen posters in this area have contributed their valued thoughts.

I'm still not buying "bi-sexual" is a sexual orientation, and in women it's not something that's generally frowned upon by most men (or women, probably). The PSA is to bring attention to gay, lesbian, and transgender rights...if anything, being a bi-sexual chick puts her at a HUGE advantage against the actually people the PSA is meant to help.

Alls I'm saying is, she's bad for their movement. Like a modern day Anne Heche.

Jacob1983
04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm not totally buying that she is a switch hitter. I have my own theory about this whole thing. I think it's a stunt to get people into her HBO show True Blood. The second season is coming to DVD and Blu Ray in May and the season premiere is in June. It could just be a clever way to get people to watch her show. Just my theory though.

Shaolin-Style
04-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Telling people you're gay or part gay gets you a little buzz these days.

Any attention is good attention.

Except if you're a golfer.

mrsmaalox
04-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Well if she really is bi, good for her. But I tend to be suspicious of women who are compelled to announce their bi-sexuality. The widespread obsession that men have with the visual of 2 women together (and the hope that they may be invited to join in) is the perfect platform for low self esteem women who will do anything for attention.

But one of my best friends is genuinely bi and married with a regular family life. Her husband is aware of it but there are no hot threesomes happening. As she has explained her own sexuality to me, she's not attracted to a penis or a vagina, she's attracted to a person--doesn't matter what their genitalia is.

exstatic
04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Hello, my name is _____________. I'm a C-list celebrity who hasn't been getting enough attention, so I'm either coming out or announcing my bi-sexuality. Thank you for paying attention to me. It's been a while.

Scola
04-02-2010, 07:29 PM
The name (Anna Paquin) didn't sound familiar, I had too Google to recognize her. I mainly know her as Rogue from Xmen :

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:HDdVl8m6j00OVM:http://chockblock.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/anna-paquin-xmen3-rogue1.jpg

She seems to be much hotter as a Blond :

http://celebrity-pics.movieeye.com/celebrity_pictures/Anna_Paquin_828991.jpg

vs

http://poponthepop.com/images/gallery/anna-paquin-pic.jpg

Bad pic?

It's not really a big deal for a girl to say shes Bi, especially in the entertainment industry. I don't think shes faking it either, shes probably does legitimately like chicks. IMO A Bi girl would probably be better relationship-wise, I would def marry one.

JJ Hickson
04-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Well if she really is bi, good for her. But I tend to be suspicious of women who are compelled to announce their bi-sexuality. The widespread obsession that men have with the visual of 2 women together (and the hope that they may be invited to join in) is the perfect platform for low self esteem women who will do anything for attention.

Sounds like a certain poster on this site.

Bender
04-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Hello, my name is _____________. I'm a C-list celebrity who hasn't been getting enough attention, so I'm either coming out or announcing my bi-sexuality. Thank you for paying attention to me. It's been a while.
exactly.

either that, or "I was sexually abused by my __________ when I was a child.

CuckingFunt
04-03-2010, 02:52 AM
Son, over half a dozen posters in this area have contributed their valued thoughts.

I'm still not buying "bi-sexual" is a sexual orientation, and in women it's not something that's generally frowned upon by most men (or women, probably). The PSA is to bring attention to gay, lesbian, and transgender rights...if anything, being a bi-sexual chick puts her at a HUGE advantage against the actually people the PSA is meant to help.

Alls I'm saying is, she's bad for their movement. Like a modern day Anne Heche.

How is bisexual not a sexual orientation? What else would it be?

I'm bisexual. Have been, really, all my life. And regardless of who I eventually settle down with, I will always be bisexual. It's not some transitory phase for confused people to linger until they find out what they really are.

Stringer_Bell
04-03-2010, 05:49 AM
How is bisexual not a sexual orientation? What else would it be?

I'm bisexual. Have been, really, all my life. And regardless of who I eventually settle down with, I will always be bisexual. It's not some transitory phase for confused people to linger until they find out what they really are.

If you don't mind me asking, when was the first time you became aware of being bisexual? I'm not speaking in terms of a sexual awakening, I'm talking mental and emotional. That's the component that's often missing from these "awareness" campaigns...and I just think if they are going to campaign for equality, they need to explore the mental and emotional aspects of EACH orientation. Cuz all I've ever heard, as someone that's never been with a bi-sexual woman and with male friends that did a lot of gay stuff then a year later turn out to be straight, is that bisexuality is merely something that exists in the imagination of a guy wanting to be with 2 women at once. It's out there, but because it's not a badge you're lucky if you find it or get two hot chicks drunk.

I want to know more, to understand it with the same level of empathy as the transgender stories we've been hearing about...but I don't see how bisexuality is on the same level as the gay, lesbian, and transgender equality movement. That said, do you really feel at a disadvantage because of your orientation like gay, lesbian, and transgender people do?

howbouthemspurs
04-03-2010, 06:18 AM
shes getting married?.... luckiest guy ever!

CuckingFunt
04-03-2010, 10:20 AM
If you don't mind me asking, when was the first time you became aware of being bisexual? I'm not speaking in terms of a sexual awakening, I'm talking mental and emotional. That's the component that's often missing from these "awareness" campaigns...and I just think if they are going to campaign for equality, they need to explore the mental and emotional aspects of EACH orientation. Cuz all I've ever heard, as someone that's never been with a bi-sexual woman and with male friends that did a lot of gay stuff then a year later turn out to be straight, is that bisexuality is merely something that exists in the imagination of a guy wanting to be with 2 women at once. It's out there, but because it's not a badge you're lucky if you find it or get two hot chicks drunk.

I was 18 when I first realized that my interest in women was based as much in attraction as in curiosity, but all the little bits of sexual exploration that exist in my past have included both genders. When I was in kindergarten/grade school, I was playing doctor and house with just as many girls as boys. By the time I finished middle school, I'd done almost everything that one girl can do with another, though I didn't at the time recognize my actions as indicative of a particular orientation. Additionally, while I didn't recognize myself as specifically bisexual, I had enough queer relatives and family friends to make it impossible to be completely naive on the subject and knew, even from a very young age, that "straight" didn't quite seem to fit me.

I want to know more, to understand it with the same level of empathy as the transgender stories we've been hearing about...but I don't see how bisexuality is on the same level as the gay, lesbian, and transgender equality movement. That said, do you really feel at a disadvantage because of your orientation like gay, lesbian, and transgender people do?

Being bisexual, and being feminine in my dress and appearance, I of course have the privilege of being able to pass as straight when I'm in a relationship with a man. I recognize that. I also recognize that being a bisexual woman (specifically a young, feminine, reasonably attractive bisexual woman -- there are plenty of butch bisexual women, but they don't attract as much positive attention), that I can get away with certain actions that others may not by virtue of my lifestyle being fairly "trendy," whatever that means.

However, having been in several committed relationships with women, I also know what it's like to go out on a date and be completely ignored by the wait staff of a restaurant. I know the feeling of holding hands with someone, about the smallest and least intimate example of PDA possible, and have people scream hateful things at me. Additionally, the only relationship I've ever been in where I would have at one time considered marriage has been with a partner that I wouldn't have been legally allowed to marry. So, yes, I do consider myself at a disadvantage due to my orientation.

jack sommerset
06-13-2010, 09:22 PM
That ho is not Bi Sexual. She is a LEZBO.

I stand corrected. She is marrying a dude, a dude she says she really fucks durning the sex scenes in True Blood.

http://gossiponthis.com/2010/06/13/anna-paquin-true-blood-sex-scenes/

SpursStalker
06-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Who actually cares if she's bi or not ...

Kamala
06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
True Blood is such a sexy ass show

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Who actually cares if she's bi or not ...

Her publicist when they decided to release this information in anticipation of a new project.

Sisk
06-16-2010, 12:15 AM
I've heard she also has Odontophobia

HarlemHeat37
06-16-2010, 01:50 AM
I can't stand her character on True Blood, so annoying..

howbouthemspurs
06-16-2010, 02:18 AM
So? If shes Bi good for her... hope to see some hidden sex tape from her and a female friend one day! It's goin to happen!