PDA

View Full Version : if we clinch a spot..

tothrowed
04-02-2010, 05:07 PM
If we clinch a playoff spot tonight, (which would happen if memphis losses and we win) should we rest and limit Hill's,Duncan's, and manu's minutes for the rest of the season. Like play them only 10-15 minutes a game

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2010, 05:09 PM
No, there's still a lot of time to get a higher seed..I don't know why everybody thinks the Spurs a lock to finish 8th just because they lost to New Jersey..

Mel_13
04-02-2010, 05:09 PM
That'll get them in a great rhythm for the playoffs.

tothrowed
04-02-2010, 05:15 PM
That'll get them in a great rhythm for the playoffs.
but im sayin there going to need that rest

TD 21
04-02-2010, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't say they're a "lock to finish 8th just because they lost to New Jersey", but I do feel that they'll likely finish 8th and if/when they do, they'll look back at that loss and rue it more than the others. Why? Because coming off of impressive and unexpected (particularly against the Cavs) wins against the Cavs and Celtics, this team was poised to finish higher than 8th if they just followed that up by beating the teams that they should beat.

I do agree, though, I definitely wouldn't start sitting key players until the Spurs seed is official and unfortunately for them, that's probably not happening until the final week of the season.

DesignatedT
04-02-2010, 05:25 PM
absolutely not. we try to avoid the 8 seed as much as possible. anyone who says they want to play the lakers in the first round is an idiot.

FeZZy
04-02-2010, 05:26 PM
nah we still have a chance to nab the 6th or 3rd seed which would be ideal you just never know

santymrc
04-02-2010, 06:03 PM
We go hard until the last 2 games, if there's a chance to improve, we still play them a lot, if not, rest.

#2!
04-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Why would 2nd year player George Hill need rest? He's young, and can handle the minutes. Tim's minutes have already gone down from his season 32per to around the 26 minute mark, and Manu probably won't let Pop rest him after he had to watch the Nets game.

Kobe averages over 38mpg and dirk almost 38, so despite pop's tendency towards rest I don't understand why everyone thinks minutes are the enemy for every player. Older big guys, certainly, but for the majority of the team playing basketball should not be an issue..